Who has the bigger impact on the world, Jesus or Darwin?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (171 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 12 years ago

Out of the whole world, it is probably only a tiny percent that believes in creationism. Yet most of the world's people and other Religions, study Evolution.

1. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One small detail, though.

Darwin is DEAD!

Jesus is ALIVE.

1. profile image0
        Cranfordjsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

*sigh*

2. Castlepaloma profile image77
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like Jesus, Darwin teachings are still alive and thriving.

Is Elvis the King, alive? I’m sure he was on stage somewhere. Saw Jesus walking the streets on Halloween, and met a few others claiming to be Jesus on speakers corner.

1. aka-dj profile image66
          aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No. Not the same thing.

Darwin's body is decomposed in a grave somewhere. I don't know, but I suppose it's no secret where he's buried.

Jesus NOT SO. The tomb was empty, and still is.
          And before you counter arguments, the authorities of the day could have found, recovered and displayed His body to the whole world. They would have killed any hope of a resurrected Jesus being preached and followed, all in one act.

Darwin live to age 71, Jesus lived to age 33 and that was an old man for those hardship times
            Many religions and professional scientist said Jesus did not return from the dead.
            My imagination most often manifest itself into this physical world, your imagination is lost in space

1. lizzieBoo profile image60
              lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you also aware that Darwin wasn't the first to come up with the theory of evolution?

1. Phoenix Jay profile image60
                Phoenix Jayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kind of irrelevant isn't it? As a scientist you have to have proof for things for them to matter. No one else had supplied any evidence, however I'm sure many had pitched the idea.

All in all this is a pretty silly question to begin with. Not like anyone is going to sway someone.

Also when you really get down to it the answer has nothing to do with who was right or wrong, merely who changed the world the most, for better or worse.

I can not imagine any group or leader ever winning One World Order

Yet the Bible has given many of us a grand royal pain,  in trying to do so

1. Jerami profile image59
                    Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The one world order of which the bible spoke of WAS ... when the world such as it was known at "THAT" time ; ...  WAS ...  when the dominate leader of the "Known" world  (at THAT time)created a religion which everyone (at that time) had to submitt or suffer the consequences!!!!!

Constantine WAS that world leader; and he established a religion (government sponcered) which approx 67 years later took controll over THAT government institutition. 
                       The Western Roman Empire soon came to be known as the HOLY Roman Empire.

Approx. 380 years after John said that it was coming "SOON",

And then a second beast rose up out of the earth; (Islam) And anyone that wouldn't worship the first beast OR itself would suffer the consequences.

John wrote that "A" religion would rise up coming between God and his chosen people.   

2nd peter 1:20  ....   Prophesy of scripture has NO private interpretation.    "BUT" we have been taught differently.

That alone should tell us something ????    Guess NOT?

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In other words, there is hard evidence Darwin existed. Thanks for that. lol

2. calpol25 profile image60
          calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk7wviL1VU1qj07b2o1_500.jpg

Who would win, by the art of not fighting?

1. calpol25 profile image60

I dont know, but would be fun to find out smile

Jesus told his disciples to sell their clothes and use the money to buy a  (Luke 22:35-38) Jesus tell you to hate your family in Luke 14:26?

Then Jesus goes to hell and tell the people in hell he is suffering worst than they are

Where Darwin seem mild mattered

I say Dar-WIN the art of no fighting

1. calpol25 profile image60

I agree Darwin wins smile

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
                    Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus preached the ideas and philosophies of John the Baptist 2000 years ago. Darwin lived in the 19th Century (born on the same day and year as Abraham Lincoln) and was a man of science. During Jesus' time, there was no science, just stories and myth and basic understandings of the world by simple observation. People at that time were born, live and died within a 20 mile radius, believed the earth was flat, that sea monsters existed. Science didn't really come about until the lathe 15th Century. By the way, the Vatican is open to evolution and the Big Bang.

2. lizzieBoo profile image60

Is this a trick question or have you been frozen in ice as an experiment?

With question like that,  I wonder have Christian evolved that much?

I'm not sure if anyone has done much evolving in the last 2000 years, but I'm no scientist.
          I'm wondering, what does it mean to live your life based on evolutionary principles? Do you find the waiting around gets a bit repetitive?

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

It's exactly what we're all doing right now.

What, waiting around?

Most are not waiting around for death, most prefer living,  working and viewing their surrounding

Is that all you do?

Why would I? I'm not suggesting surrendering Christian culture for a scientific theory.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

lol

That's funny on so many levels.

3. calpol25 profile image60

Where are the lost books of Jesus?
      What I dont get about the story of Jesus is how one minute he is a baby born in a stable and the next he is an adult? What I would like to know is what his teenage years were like? Who his first crush was? His first girlfriend? His childhood?
      How he adapted to puberty?

4. Sarah Bolluyt profile image59
      Sarah Bolluytposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Speaking about strictly who had the bigger impact on the course of history:  The coming of Jesus Christ affected the world before, during, and after His own lifetime; Darwin affected only persons during and after his own lifetime (albeit in an infinitely influential way).

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Christianity is all over the place. But so is Darwinism; the philosophy of Darwinism is even in some parts of our economic and political gestalt. Tough call actually. smile

Out of the whole world, it is probably only a tiny percent that believes in creationism. Most people in the world respect science in which makes Darwin more well known. Although I find Jesus a beautiful person the writers gave too many wrong translation, my vote goes to Darwin

Darwinism isn't  a philosophy, it's a theory.

...and Jesus is not?

Can you live Darwinism?

Darwinism is Natures philosophy with some natural book of Taoism is good enough for me.

Christianity is a lifestyle, Darwinism is not. Neither are the theories of magnetism or gravity. I believe in evolution and God. Many people do.

1. profile image0
                Cranfordjsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Darwinism is reality, Christianity is not.

Darwinism is really a theory, yes.
                  The fact that there are Christians would tell us that Christianity is reality too.

How in the world can you believe in Evolution and Christianity at the same time. Are you not afraid of not obeying God? How can you believe  Dinosaurs were living millions of years ago and at the same time believe everything began 6000 years ago?

3. WD Curry 111 profile image58
      WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to fall in line behind Paradimsearch. But at the same time . . . sorry. I don't care what other people think. God done it . . . . when we weren't looking.

Understanding of Nature is our true salvation, mankind will clean up their abuse and tragedy by the collective consciousness like always.

3. Mark Pitts profile image64
    Mark Pittsposted 12 years ago

Jesus had the greatest impact. There are Christians, and Christianity has changed the world, good or bad. Darwin was a scientist, and evolution was first a theory, and has been borne out by observation and use of scientific methods to establish. I am confused as to how the question became a comparison of creation "science" and evolution. That wasn't the original question. As humankind advances and learns more, we are sometimes able to see the mechanics of how God performed His miracles. But they are still miracles.

Then look at it, this way
      Living in the USA 48% of Americans believe in evolution and about 74% of those with post-graduate degrees believe in evolution and they say they are more spiritual than Religious. USA is one of the lowest rated Countries believing in Evolution next to Turkey in the world.

Most of the world population is not even aware of Jesus, I know from touring five continents. About 75% to 80% of people in this world believe in Evolution. One time John Lennon mentioned the Beatles were more popular than Jesus , America had Beatles record burning bomb fires in many USA Cites

One vote for Jesus
        One vote for Darwin

Best out of five

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So John said ,but in reality the Bible out sold more Beatles albums.

..And I am a Beatles fan wink dont take me the wrong way. They just cant save me. wink

Jesus hands down smile

All their love songs changed me, most likely all the black market song sold behind the iron curtain or which often was called the eastern block wall changed and saved them too, more than any thing else I can think of in the cold war.

3. sabrebIade profile image79
        sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Most of the world population is not even aware of Jesus"
        Really?
        2.1 billion Christians worldwide.
        1.4 billion Muslims that even though they dont regard Jesus as The Savior, regard him as a Messenger of God and the Masih (Messiah) who was sent to guide the Children of Israel.
        7 million Baha'i that consider Jesus, Muhammad, the Buddha, Krishna, and Zoroaster to be Manifestations of God.
        Some Buddhist (385 million) regard Jesus as a bodhisattva.

But most people in the world are not aware of Jesus?

I know from personal and business experience from touring 6 continents that most are not aware of Jesus
          World population  is close to 7 billion

4. Mark Pitts profile image64
    Mark Pittsposted 12 years ago

When John Lennon said that he was referring to the sales of Beatles albums as compared to the sales of Bibles, he was not at that time making any statement on religion. I, too have been in many countries, and 5 continents. So? The original question was still a comparison of Darwin's impact to the same for Jesus. That a large part of the US is under, or uneducated is true. But I have been in the cities and wilderness of Turkey, and their beliefs as a whole aren't as cosmopolitan as you are presenting. Only 74% of post-grads believe in evolution? THAT is mind-blowing. Some people choose to be foolish, I guess

Are student foolish if they prefer evolution,? it just might be, that these kids today, are smarter than me, when I was their age

Also, oppose to biblical people life span only living up around their mid 20s age

5. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

I think this involves a very personal reply.  Why?  Because it depends on a person's point of view (which is usually a strictly personal choice) as to which one has a greater impact in their lives.  Darwin theories have not been around as long as the account of Christ's life has been.

There are a few older religions before Christianity and Jesus,

There are older Cultures and Tribes than Adam and Eve

Darwin origin of species is about millions of years, Jesus bible is about 1000s of years and Darwin was more than double the followers  than Jesus which are living in the present.

1. lone77star profile image71
        lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Older religions, yes.

Older cultures than Adam and Eve, nope!

There's a lot of symbolism in the Bible. It takes humility to get past it. I've only discovered a few gems, myself. But the real timeline in Genesis pegs Noah's Flood at 27,970 BC and Adam at 10,434,130 BC. No earlier Homo sapiens than that, I would think. Anthropologists will just have to dig harder and faster to find the bones that prove this date.

But seriously, there are many mysteries we may never solve through scientific methods. The evidence may be completely gone -- destroyed by the ravages of time and nature.

1. kerryg profile image81
          kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Biologically modern humans turn up in the fossil record around 200,000 years ago. Culturally modern humans are harder to pinpoint, since it depends partly on what you consider "culturally modern." The discovery of agriculture was about 10,000 years ago, which is a decent metaphor for Adam and Eve being kicked out of the Garden and forced into a life of permanent toil, but there are still successful hunter-gatherer societies in the world today, so you couldn't really say that agriculture defines "culturally modern" humans.

6. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

@Castlepaloma, you're mixing apples and termites.

If by "creationism," you're referring to the relatively new "theories" of the modern "Creation Science" movement, then Jesus had nothing to do with this. So, the impact of Jesus is not even an issue with this movement. It's a farce.

If by "creationism," you're referring to God creating the universe, then you're wrong about the "tiny percent." With most of the major religious populations of Earth believing in God in some form, creation is a given. One third Christians, many millions of Hindus, hundreds of millions of Moslems. All of them are into the "creation" thing.

Believing in creation does not mean a disbelief in evolution. I'm a Christian who knows the beauty of science and evolution. There are many Christians, even Jesuit monks who believe in evolution!

So, your entire premise for this forum discussion is flawed.

But to answer your overall question: Jesus or Darwin? I'd say Jesus, easily. Darwin was a good, hard-working scientist. He had a breakthrough, but so did lots of other great scientists. I'd say Newton, Galileo and Einstein created the biggest effects for science. Darwin might fit in the top 100.

Jesus is all about the immortal spirit that has been trapped on this planet for many millennia. The Homo sapiens bodies don't matter. Sure, we think they're important while we're wearing them, but once they're gone, they don't mean squat. We just have to go get another one and start over again.

The object of it all is to awaken the soul--the true, immortal self, within. That's the big mission behind humanity and civilization. Jesus is at the top of the list on that project. Darwin and most other thinkers were interesting, but minor distractions.

Hindu Religion is about 48,000 years older than Christianity , next Darwin will lead the evolution theory speeding pass Christianity because it involves nature, science and spiritualism.

Darwin is the most famous scientist dead or alive

7. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

Ronald McDonald is better known than either of them all around the world - so I guess maybe he has a bigger impact!!

I did not ask what group has killed more people in the world. Obesity has killed more people than starvation in the world and what we eat and drink does related to most deaths in the world which illnesses are rated as our top 15 ways to die.

McDonald and fast foods maybe a good study on what group has the greatest negative impact in the world

"Obesity has killed more than starvation in the world"!!!!?
        No I know you're not serious.

Consider most of the third world population is doubling or tripling the economic growth of America'

Yes, way

1. sabrebIade profile image79
            sabrebIadeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The number of the starving people in the world has been more or less continually decreasing for at least several centuries.
            The escape from hunger and premature death, 1700-2100: Europe, America, and the Third World

The World Health Organization (WHO) predicts that overweight and obesity may soon replace under nutrition and infectious diseases as the most significant cause of poor health.
            Harrison's principles of internal medicine

So what you mean is, NOW the biggest killer is obesity? As oppose to "obesity has in general killed more people than starvation", which can't be right.

Not only that, our children will be

living shorter life expectancy than my generation for the first time in human history

The greatest down side of all.

It will be survival of the fittest. Obese people will die out and fit people will live on. Evolution will take care of us....you win.

8. kerryg profile image81
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

You could say that evolution had the bigger impact because we wouldn't exist without it, but Darwin himself was neither the first nor the last to come up with the theory of natural selection. He was simply the one who articulated it most successfully. If it hadn't been Darwin, it would have been Wallace, or someone else entirely. The truth will out.

Therefore, I would say that between Jesus and Darwin, Jesus had the greater impact. He started a religion that, for better or worse, has directly affected the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world for two millennia. Darwin was mostly lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time with the right attitude and the right skills.

Still concider our world population has more than tripled after Darwin's death.

Look at present Darwin theory of 80% mixed followers vs Jesus theory  of 33% followers. Most people of today say they are spiritual rather than religious.

Look at our future of the our museum and school at present who teach evolution where there is only one Big USA Creation Museum that teaches that everything began only 6000 year ago and the odd some other Mom and Pa operation.

You think most of our future children will buy into the Creation theory. Sorry each generation of kids get smarter. If you have not questioned the Creation is too crazy, you may be too far gone.

Do you Kerryg still vote for Jesus over Darwin

1. kerryg profile image81
        kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do. Unless you are an evolutionary biologist or you like to come argue with creationists online like me, the fact that you believe in evolution rarely affects your daily life, whereas if you're a Christian, you probably change your behavior in some way in response to your beliefs, and during some periods of history may have had your behavior forcibly changed for you.

Nature and animal evolution dose affects everyone's daily life, we just don't notice it because it's silent like love

I more surrounded by nature in green Eco house with every natural updated healthy system. Work as an artist for 36 years in natural materials worldwide,  If people like the supernatural Creationism and their fight club , it is really limited. Most people prefer to glue the world together with nature which we are all in it, nature surround us, there is no escaping nature.. The natural earth is billions of years old , religion is only 1000's , religion will come and go on the earth , the earth it’s self will not

it simple, I live a natural lifestyle, for it's only natural to be happy,

9. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Prob progressive to evolve to higher states of being
    in contradiction to a seemingly non-evolutionary universe. Everything that exists already exists.

like that

10. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

The biggest impact, Jesus or Darwin?

Jesus had about 2000 years to affect our world. Darwin had 150 years.

Is that a fair comparison or should be really delve into what the religion of Christianity and the concept of evolution have given the world?

If it's a popularity contest, you'll probably find more stuff about Einstein than Jesus and Darwin put together.

Reeeeeally?

Darwin beats Einstein for Scientific Fame

Darwin is the most famous scientist both living or dead and has been surging over the past few decades

Darwin to evolution mean more than Jesus to Religion

For you maybe.

Google it, see how many times Darwin comes up, I love both of their works.

There are over 2 billion Christians in the world, for whom at least two thirds  think the theory of evolution is not a problem. You surely don't measure culture by how many times it appears on the internet? Half the world don't have the internet.

If it's on the internet , it's in books too

Literalist creationists believe that evolution can not account on how the world began only 6000 years ago concerning living organisms, and the idea of it.... In particular, Christians should not make absurd dogmatic interpretations of evolution.
                It's like Christian want to be all and end and own everything without the responsible work done and want to claim my cake and eat to too

Literalist creationists are in the minority and hail from the New World. I don't have an affiliation with that kind of Bible-based logic. My connection is with the Renaissance and the surge of creative thoughts and ideas it gave birth to. I think it's been down hill since then.
                  If you ask me, we've devolved if anything.

Again I'll say, Christians came up with the ideas you think are so magical.

I thought the best times were the1950s and 60s when my parent had a house, no debts, a saving account and lots of holidays. You did not live in the Renaissance age , how do you know it was like the 1% cooperation control like today.

Nothing is better than living for today and being a co creator with God

11. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

Who has the bigger impact on the world, Jesus or Darwin?

No one has an impact.

It all depends on your perception and interpretation. Even if a person has a deep insight into each of the group's doctrine and is able to analyze their advantages and disadvantages, what one thinks about Christianity and Darwinism differs from another.

That means, there is no definite answer on who has the biggest impact.

i was thinking in number of people up to date changing their way of thinking

12. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

I would think that early media would have an impact with both. Both Jesus and Darwin would be nowhere without some way to spread their word. So to say that one person has more of an impact on the world than another isn't looking at every factor. There are many things, and people involved.

Also there are many variations and stories about what happened during the time of Jesus. And, we don't know if any of them are true. In fact the Muslim faith, and others do not see Jesus as any more than a deciple. Which is why they do not believe in christianity.

There are also rumors that Darwin's theories are stolen from other historians and professors, and his thoughts are not his alone. There are also many examples of other theories that have been proven wrong. Like the thought that the earth was flat, and sailing to the edge of the world would cause you to fall off and vanish into thin air.

The most idiotic is the man who discovered gravity. So, and apple falls on his head, and suddenly he is a genius? If he were in modern times, he would probably be selling a book...How I discovered gravity. Only people would be smart enough to say...you didn't discover gravity it was always there, you were just the most known person to slap a name on it, and call it your own.

1. OutWest profile image57
      OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you for real.  Maybe a physics course would be a good investment for you.  An apple and Newton is what you believe.  Honestly I can't stop laughing.  I'm sure calculus is so far over your head...higher above it than this apple you speak of. lol lol lol

1. brimancandy profile image78
        brimancandyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, outwest, I have watched several documentaries, and was merely stating that all of these famous people that have gone down in history as the greatest minds on the planet had help. And, not everything you hear about them is 100 percent accurate, and has been a subject of debate.

I don't need to know physics to know the whole newton and the apple story. My point was that gravity has always been around, just because Newton was smart enough to make a name for himself with his theories doesn't mean that he is the only one who is right, or the only one who ever tried. The same can be said for Darwin. Jesus, on the other hand, is a debate that has been going on forever, even when he was alive.

And, by the way? What does physics have to do with Jesus?

Children and adults alike are absolutely fascinated by these mysterious Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Animals.

Jesus in church was a place to snore and sleep for me as a kid

Both Darwin and Jesus bore the crap out of me. But, I find Dinosaurs and ancient civilizations fascinating.

Anything that keeps repenting the same fiction or repent words like Jesus ,Jesus Jesus bore the crap out of me

2. OutWest profile image57

If you really think that all Newton did was name gravity you are in need of some facts.  He did not just name it. He mathematically calculated it.  So well in fact that it was his math that was used to get to the moon.  He also was among two who invented calculus.  So whether we are talking about Jesus or not I'm making a comment about what you said, which left me in stitches I might add.  So thanks for the entertainment. lol

Only people who are interested in the calculations you mentioned, and Calculus would care about that. So, im guessing when he did this calcuation he watched the apple drop, timed its decent to the ground, calculated in wind resistance, weight, and porportion...and came up with what? Then watched a bigger apple drop and had to calculate again?

They used to ask those questions in math class, and my answer was always who cares!!! probably one of the reasons the US was so reluctant to use the metric system. All the re-calculation was just time consuming!!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
              Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They said that once about changing to decimal currency lol

Actually the metric system was created by an American ,but oddly they didnt embrace it. Many other countries have.

2. OutWest profile image57

The apple thing...it's just a story.

That apple sin changed everything, not like someone murdered someone

Was that to do with Newton too?

your right, not much

13. DysturbedGM profile image60
    DysturbedGMposted 12 years ago

Creationism is a broken theory. How did humans come to be in the world. God designed and made them. Prove it.

No mater what you say after that there is nothing scientific about it.

14. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 12 years ago

Jesus and Christianity has been the cause of major world events that have changed our world forever.  Darwin has not had that impact, although his impact is very big.

If you come from the US ,more likely you may think it is the world.

Thanks folk for all your input

I'm happy on how this hub turned out

JesusVS.Darwin

Did not get enough votes to see who won, with these two great men, we are all winners for having them both to love us, love life and the World.

15. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

Since darwin fails in three areas:
    common ancestry
    irreducible complexity
    tree of life

and jesus fails in no areas:

but that's not the question, who has the bigger impact.

Tough to say, Many people doubt both. Having evolution in the text books is a big numbers gatherer. Over all time Jesus has to win out.

But thats not the question, impact is the operative word.

Evolution does not change lives nor inspire changed lives. It is like a dead thing, producing no fruit.
    Jesus changes lives and produces change in others lives.

Jesus has the biggest impact... well... the best impact!!

jesus has the bigger impact on the world

I see too much Magic and mystery complexity which lack reason
      The magic tree of knowledge, for example.
      Everyone on earth has the Y cell DNA in their blood from 200,000 years out of Africa and most people think this is true

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes all continents were joined together at one time, so i do not consider this as evidence against.
        And i feel inclined to say, that after the dispersion of the garden inhabitants those who journeyed outside the area of the Flood, survived the flood and would be 'older' than Noahs clan, although Noahs clan stemmed from Adam as well.

What if the magic tree of knowledge were not a tree at all - is that a little less magic for you?

it all seem magic at first until we understand it well enough

Many members are driven to Christianity for the fear of magic hell, Now you don't believe in hell, why not grow up and go all the way by not needed to live by the Bible?

1. profile image0

There is so much persuasive evidence for the bibles importance and it's truthfulness, that it would not be growing up to dismiss the bible. In fact, the bible was the major tool i used to learn that hell is not what the catholic doctrine says it is and i could not have discovered this without Gods foresight and diligent care to put a book about Him in front of me.

Number of times "Hell" appears in the text in English Bible Translations
                Bible Translations"Authorized" King James Version *
                Old Testament     31
                New Testament  23
                Total                      54

New King James Version
                                   total   32

Before 1965: No Salvation outside the Catholic church!

1. profile image0

and your point?

If you now claim there is no Hell in your Bible, when there is, are you in contradiction or lying to yourself OR is the Bible lying? I too, once joined the a church being deeply concern with the wonders if I am wrong with the -:going to hell feelings.:

Now, I know it's a grand HOAX

16. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

obviously darwin...jesus's miracle is myth ...5k years down the line jesus would go horus or mitra way....darwin would live...

1. profile image0

We could get totally off topic here but it would be nice to know what persuasive evidence you have to support your jesus's miracle is a myth. Perhaps a hub?

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

evidence is human psychology...Jesus is neither first virgin born...so it is repetative story...jesus was not first to walk on water...so it too is repetative story...then comes rising from death story...now this too is not unique it is repetative story....infact forget jesus , many where brought back from death by those perceived as god in other civilizations....so it is simple, if we take holistic view and unbiased view....why darwin would survive and jesus wont because jesus miracle is not first such story...it is deep inner carving of projecting some supernatural theme which is as old as humans itself...

I saw a lizard walk on water, maybe Jesus walked on ice

A virgin birth, no way

1. mischeviousme profile image59
            mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The sad part is that some people see that as fact and not metaphor.

So very true.  And then they take it a step further to conclude the existance or non-existance of God.

prove it

lol

lol

2. pisean282311 profile image62
            pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@castle point here is not jesus walking on water...it is writers who wrote that jesus walked on water ...they were not first writers which shows how humans being taught in those times....

I don't even get the updated metaphor.

17. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Neither one can match the impact made by a skydiver whose chute failed to open. That's something my jump instructor in the army told me and the other guys while we were packing our own chutes!

If your chute did not open and you stomach packed did not open also.

Do you think praying for Jesus would help that much?

People have been know to survive such jumps.

18. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

I know someone who could make everyone in the room see him levitate. He could also make you believe that you had been levitated. It's called hypnosis. On a crowd, it's called mass hypnosis.

19. pharuk temmy t profile image40
    pharuk temmy tposted 12 years ago

Jesus is alive but darwin is dead... If you call on Jesus he will surely answer you provided you know when and how to talk to him but if you call darwin from morning till night nothing shows up either you call the name louldly or not because the darwin is dead and dead in body has no impact on earth.

Welcome to the forum pharuk

Jesus and Darwin are both great men and the World-historical individual is devoted to one Aim, that particular aims involve those large issues of the World-Spirit. All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree and  the highest point in the development of a people is of their ideas. Body of work balanced with their ethic yet o law can be valid without the approval of all.  World-Spirit uses for realizing its Idea involves the activity of personal existences in whom Reason is present; the unknown is the spirit world historically. In Darwin greatest is in his body of work in natures law.

Of course, why didn't I think of that before, it makes perfect sense why tens of thousands of children ask Jesus for food but starve to death instead. They didn't know how or when to ask Him.

Could you ask Jesus next time you talk with him to open up his calendar so we can see it and make appointments accordingly?

20. pharuk temmy t profile image40
    pharuk temmy tposted 12 years ago

Oh well its not about appointment neither is it about sending anyone to Jesus.The right person you can send to Jesus is YOU.All you have to do is believe.

What happen when you believe in God and bread and bombs come down upon you.

Then you you ask ,? why dose this God hate my God because I live in a different country.???

21. Diane Inside profile image71
    Diane Insideposted 12 years ago

well time is literally measured by the birth of Jesus.

I doubt Darwin has done anything to that measure.

I live in Mayan country much of the time and the Mayan calendar is much more accurate than our calendar

Not good enough science....... again

lol lol

First time I heard that one

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)