How can I feel more closer to Jesus?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. boyatdelhi profile image52
    boyatdelhiposted 10 years ago

How can I feel more closer to Jesus?

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 10 years ago

What exactly are you expecting? What do you think 'closer to Jesus' actually means?

There are many Mike Bickle types who drone on about being a 'God Chaser', but after reading his book and listening to countless Christians, I came to the conclusion this was all human styled, self effort, self righteous, and ultimately self delusional.

We are who we are and we cannot by self effort try to transform ourselves into some perceived image of what a Christian should be. All I can suggest is that you simply be, be true to yourself and as far as it depends upon you, live right before God. If he wants to talk to you he will when he wants to in a way you will recognise.

To be honest after 25 years in church I haven't the faintest idea what 'being closer to Jesus' is supposed to mean.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 10 years ago

Read the Holy Bible more. 
    That's one way to feel closer to Him.

4. PlanksandNails profile image81
    PlanksandNailsposted 10 years ago

Many feel closer to Jesus, but they are actually not. They got goose bumps and believed it was "Jesus." The correct question should be how can I be closer to Jesus? This can be answered by reading Scripture?

5. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 10 years ago

Just talk to him. Tell him what you're thinking, honestly -- good or bad. Just say, "I want to feel closer to you."  Ask the Holy Spirit to speak on your behalf, even as you pray with your own words. Then ask the Holy Spirit for promptings. In other words, utilize the Trinity: Father, Son & Holy Spirit when requesting guidance. You may be led to the right book or a person, or many, many other situations which will confirm your beliefs and relationship with Jesus. Keep in mind that the Trinity has a purpose. For example, I have always believed that Jesus is the master of relationships. If a relationship needs to be healed, he makes it happen - so I direct my prayers to Him, instead of the Father or the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I don't have to do a darn thing, but pray and be ready for the phone call that comes from the person who wronged me. It's pretty miraculous, really, despite what all the naysayers believe. In some cases, it can take years (for someone's heart to be softened) Other times, the relationship is healed quickly.  Once in a while, you can expect to get the message that you have to forgive and move on...that this relationship is not what you need, i.e., ex- boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.
    It sounds like I went off on a tangent, but my point is that you just have to communicate your real feelings, and utilize the Trinity, including the Holy Spirit, who will prompt you.
    Then you will feel closer to Jesus, having established real-life communication. The key is to have patience and believe. Even if it feels like nothing is happening, your prayers have actually changed some dynamics. It's sort of a co-creation, God's-here-to-help relationship. It's fun. Hope this helps.

6. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

Read his words. Follow in his footsteps. Give anonymously and abundantly.

Perform miracles fearlessly. Tell others of the beautiful things they can share by coming together in love.

Know that some will attempt to confuse others, but you can tell who they are by their acts of ego (selfishness, self-importance, separation, divisiveness, and the like). Ego loves to blame. Ego loves to be victim. Ego loves to be right. Know the face of this enemy and know that Christ is not these. These are what craves to be first and will end up being last. We need to crave being humble (last) and hungry for answers. We cannot pretend we know the truth of scripture, but must be humble and hungry to learn more about it always.

Realize that there is a part of you that is part of the Holy Trinity. If you awaken the child of God within you, then the Holy Spirit is awake. This is the true self. When it is awake, then bodily death will not end continuity of consciousness. You will have consciousness in the spirit, no longer requiring the body to hold your thoughts. You will be in the world, but no longer of the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)