Where in the world are you? What is unique about your location?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)
  1. starstream profile image42
    starstreamposted 10 years ago

Where in the world are you? What is unique about your location?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I'm in New Jersey, USA...famed for its insanely high property taxes, toxic waste, political corruption, and fanatical devotion to Bruce Springsteen.

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image92
    Stephanie Henkelposted 10 years ago

Living a life somewhat different from the people in traditional "sticks and bricks" homes, my husband and I are in Quartzsite Arizona camped in the desert in our RV. We are living "off the grid". Our lights, computers and phones are powered by solar panels. We use propane occasionally for cooking and heat on cool mornings. Campfires with friends, beautiful sunsets and the big sky all around us. Loving the life!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Cool!!

2. KDeus profile image93
      KDeusposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can see myself living a similar lifestyle one day!

3. starstream profile image42
      starstreamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What a great way to save money and enjoy the great outdoors with friends!

4. Suhail and my dog profile image80
      Suhail and my dogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow!

4. profile image0
    kylesandersonposted 10 years ago

St. Petersburg, Florida
    Densest population in Florida.
    Top college professors
    High Criime

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

Montana, USA.  Long dark winters, nice Fall, wet spring, hot summer.  Not many taxes, no sales tax, high unemployment. But...my kids and grandkids are here so it is the greatest place on earth for that reason alone.

I send some bright sunshine to you from California on this New Year's Eve.  Montana has some beautiful scenery!

6. KDeus profile image93
    KDeusposted 10 years ago

I'm in Florida not far from the Oldest City in the country, St. Augustine, and the largest city area-wise in the country, Jacksonville.

7. jaydawg808 profile image80
    jaydawg808posted 10 years ago

In Hawaii....the island of Oahu to be exact.  What's unique?  Many things are unique to Hawaii. The culture, the food, the people, traditions, the beaches, scenery.  It truly is paradise and a melting pot of all backgrounds fused into one.

1. profile image0
      christiananrkistposted 10 years agoin reply to this

i love Hawaii. Aloha. Also not many people know, there are no snakes in Hawaii.

8. irenemaria profile image61
    irenemariaposted 10 years ago

I am in Norrkoping, Sweden. My town is 800 years old and very clean and pretty.
    http://www.squidoo.com/norrkoping

Thanks for sharing the photos and paragraphs about your town. It looks very clean with beautiful sights to see.

9. profile image0
    christiananrkistposted 10 years ago

Wisconsin. Home of the Greenbay Packers. Best NFL team to ever play the game, as far as the history of the game goes. Not much else all that special here. Its going to be negative 35 with windchill on thursday. Has anyone experienced colder this winter so far?

Sending you warm energy!  We hope your electricity stays on....and the wood fires keep your homes warm!

2. profile image0
      Alise- Evonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, christiananrkist, drive around our state a bit more! There's so much to see and do! If you can't do much traveling, subscribe to the new magazine Our Wisconsin and you'll find lots to appreciate.

10. Suhail and my dog profile image80
    Suhail and my dogposted 10 years ago

I live in Mississauga, which is a suburban city within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). GTA is the densest region in whole Canada and Mississauga with a population of 714,000 people is the 6th largest city of Canada.

However, my neighbourhood is all nature within a concrete jungle and humans living in box like homes. We have a conservation area right in the middle, several inter-connected ravine trails, and the famous regional Credit River flowing through them. The forests and the river bank provide natural habitat for coyotes, deer, and several bird species. There is talk of wolf sightings also, which I doubt.

11. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 10 years ago

I live on the border of Wisconsin and Minnesota, and one thing unique to this area is that we have some flora that is common to both eastern and western U.S. (I am not sure if this is true for the whole border between the two states.)  As an herbalist, it means I have access to more than one's "normal" share of plants:) Yeah!

Three cheers for herbs!   Thanks for your answer.

12. dis-cover profile image72
    dis-coverposted 10 years ago

I live in Belgrade, paradise on Earth. Just visit my hubs and you will find the answer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)