Thanks & manual

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)
  1. bob711 profile image61
    bob711posted 14 years ago

Folks:
    This is undoubtedly the incorrect place to contact you but it makes more sense than the others I can find.

I am totally blind and found it impossible to enter an article.  There were many other minor problems.

I submitted my problem on the, "help" forum.  I received my first help within two minutes and considerably more help shortly thereafter.  I did notice after receiving this help and some E-mails that cited people also have problems.  Several of their answers were 100% wrong.

The one that was most helpful, and in written form, was Dark Side.

Virtually everyone has the same problem.  If you will pardon the expression they cannot visualize what is imparted to the blind person.  Assumptions are virtually always made about things they know to be true must be known to the blind person also.  That is because these things are so common to a sighted person they can not imagine the blind person has no clue.  This is perfectly understandable.

Even Dark side leaves many little details out that make the difference as to whether this information is outstanding or requires considerable further experimentation.

Please understand that the intent and attitude of everyone I have come into contact with is beyond superb.  It is always outstanding and very motivating.

Paul sent me a letter mentioning that you folks had put a simplified version on line that would work with assistive technology.  It covers the essentials.

*it lets me easily find the text input field for the main body of an article which I could not do before.
    *it eliminated the bubble code and the verbal code.  This is an absolutely outstanding difference.  The first thing was impossible to use and the audio one is close to impossible.  It requires many new items to get one that is correct and then when I do the system tends to freeze up.

Your kindness, care, consideration, courtesy along with many other adjectives I cannot think of at the moment are beyond credibility.  I am colossally impressed with you.  I have accumulated many friends here and around the world in my 73 years and I have let them all know about you.  Not just the sight but about your attitude.

There are a lot of little things that could be better and considerably more useful on the site.  My problem is that about the only thing I have that works anymore is my forget her.  When I make a mental note to let you know about it I have no idea what it was when I go to put it on MS Word.

I should get a new tape recorder but I have not got around to it yet.

One thing that would be of great deal of help to everyone, from my limited experience, this includes all your new and sometimes very experienced cited people would be an operating manual.

If there is something to click on the site there should be a very succinct explanation of what it is.

i.e.  Sign in.  You would think this should not require An explanation but it does because everyone's judgment is different as to what should be left out.  Not much of anything should require more than one line.

This can easily become a pain because of page switching.  When you lick on any one item there may be several more and different items on the next page.

Of course there is the inherent idiotic problems with Windows.  You can do nothing about this so I will write an article about it when I get done what I am writing now.

One of the little problems that comes to mind is the 30 and 30.  I can find a load of people talking about this but I can find no place to join it.  It does not matter as I will be able to do that anyway.  That is get dirty in 30 without having to join anything.

Lisa Lrohner is and outstanding example of the type of people on the site.  She-mailed me directly after she saw my problems on the screen.  She let me know that she would do anything directly on my pages to help.  This was at a time when her daughter had just had twins and one of them had a problem that was major but no one in even the best hospital in Connecticut could diagnose it.  Lisa researched it herself an accidently ran across what is an extraordinarily rare problem.  There are only two hospitals in the world that handled it and one of them is in Philadelphia who has the only surgeon in the world that works on the problem.  She still handles a couple of problems for me with grace, dignity, class and a sense of humor.  Luckily, the baby is home now.

My being an Army brat living overseas for many years in my youth, my military service, my moving often and being in a variety of organizations has given me many friends over the world.  This site has added many friendly acquaintances very quickly and some that are clearly good friends already

The little problems are totally insignificant compared to the benefits of the site.  I sincerely hope you all know exactly how much good you have done and how much good you are doing.

Thank you all,
    Bob

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Glad to see you're back on the forums, Bob!

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that. Hey there!

3. Fawntia profile imageSTAFF
    Fawntiaposted 14 years ago

Bob, I'm glad that we were able to help. I see that you have successfully created some hubs, too.

We do have a manual for HubPages. We call it the HubPages guide.

If you want to join the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, the right place to do it is in this forum. There is no formal sign up process; just read the rules and participate.

4. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

Score one for the HubPages community!

5. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Hi Bob.  Great to see you here again!  I will check out your hubs...  Take care.

6. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I can't begin to fathom the challenge it must be to navigate around a site like HubPages without the use of my eyes.

It's good to hear that HubPages HQ are making changes to customise it to suit, not just you Bob, but others who face the same difficulty with using this site.

Maybe there needs to be a change to the forum as well. By the looks of it, you can start a thread but you're unable to do a reply in threads?

Perhaps a stripped down and streamlined hub creation procedure that has less wow and more simplicity. Though of course the published result looking exactly the same as every other hub on the site.

Or... I just had this thought, maybe you're unaware of where the reply button is? This is the link for replying to this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/post/21975

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)