How do we find God's purpose in those things we do not understand?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 9 years ago

How do we find God's purpose in those things we do not understand?

2. poppyr profile image93
    poppyrposted 9 years ago

There is nearly always a logical and reasonable explanation for why things happen.  What answers are you looking for?

3. Chin chin profile image87
    Chin chinposted 9 years ago

We could pray for God's guidance and search the Scriptures for answers. We could also seek the wisdom of godly men whom we can trust. Then, we could plainly ask God and expect some answers. He does answer in ways we don't really expect.

4. Lea Child profile image60
    Lea Childposted 9 years ago

This is a difficult and somewhat vague question. Each person approaches this differently. I could tell you how I find God's purpose, but it might not be the same for you. However, here are some general things to think about:

1) Don't forget to pray! No one knows God's plan better than himself. So, if you want to know, why not ask? Of course, it may be hard to hear an answer. Don't be discouraged if it's not immediate. Remember, sometimes the answer might be no answer at all. That doesn't mean God doesn't love you or wants you to suffer. It simply might not be the right time for an answer. Say a prayer from the heart then take the time to listen. This is also a good time to turn to the scriptures as He often communicates through them.

2) When in doubt, read the scriptures. I always find comfort in reading the word of God. Life isn't always easy and fair and the Bible reflects this. Not very many people have trial free lives. Even the Savior had to suffer temptations and extreme anguish. Also, think of the woman in the New Testament who had suffered with the same illness for years. She probably wondered what the purpose was for the illness. Then, finally, she had the remarkable opportunity to exercise her faith and be healed.

3) You should not discard the thought that maybe you will never understand God's purpose in this life. I have an illness that I find difficult to understand. I went through my period of anger and grieving. However, I have decided that God's ways are not my ways. I don't understand why I have to live with this illness, however, I have decided to trust in God. Sometimes the comfort comes in gaining assurance that, although you might not see it, God does have a purpose! You just might  not know what it is in this life.

As I said before, it is hard to be specific because of the differences in people. However, don't forget to read the scriptures, pray, and, if necessary, simply accept that you might not get the answer in this life.

5. profile image0
    Richie Alburoposted 9 years ago

It is written that If we have the Holy Spirit then that is the time that we can see the hidden secrets and knows God's purpose for us.

6. profile image0
    mothersofnationsposted 9 years ago

Prayer. Honest prayers. Sometimes it may be hard for us to see what His purpose may be behind certain situations in our lives, but staying faithful in prayer, understanding His Word (praying for revelation), & doing your best to see things with the eyes of the spirit rather than the eyes of your flesh, will absolutely help you to understand.

Sometimes people think they pray and haven't received an answer but believe & know that there are so many ways God will answer you. He can speak to your spirit directly (& you'll be absolutely positive it's God - any doubt, it may just be you.) He will speak to you through scriptures, (look deep into what's written. God is very complex - one thing can have different meanings at different times in your life, but you'll know.) He can speak to you through others around you as well, etc.

One of the most important things you can do is get into your prayer closet faithfully & as frequently as possible. Shut out everything around you & go into deep prayer as long as possible. The more time you spend with God in prayer & mediating upon His word (the bible) the more easily you'll "hear" Him speak to you & the more obvious it'll become when He speaks to you through other avenues.

Have faith that He does indeed answer. Ask wholeheartedly for Him to bless you with revelation of His word, understanding, & to help you to see things with spiritual eyes, not carnal ones. When you can see things through the spirit, your insight will be much clearer. Ask for Him to guide you in all these things & in everything.

According to your faith but it unto you. That scripture means to so much. He tells us to pray in faith and when you have faith there's not room for doubt. So believe that if you are asking what His purpose is behind something, eventually He will show you. It may or may not be an immediate response, but know that you will absolutely receive an answer.

Please also know that sometimes things aren't meant to be immediately understood. Sometimes things are simply a test of faith. Sometimes we deal with certain things just to be able to see something from a different perspective, (His way of opening our eyes.) Situations are meant to strengthen our faith & open our eyes to what we may not see. There are endless reasons but if you start there, you'll be on the right path...

I've actually started writing about this, hopefully you'll be able to read it soon!
    God bless you...

7. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

God is love. That love is for His children, not the bodies they wear. The troubles we cause ourselves is part of our growth toward the great need for altruism instead of self-concern.

8. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

I do not feel everything is for us to know. Nowhere does it say he will reveal all to us while we are here . Some is a not need to know. It tests our trust in him.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)