dont seem to loose weight

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)
  1. nutan.goel profile image56
    nutan.goelposted 14 years ago

can anyone tell me do diets really work...i have tried almost everything but havent loose more tha n pound in last 6 months

1. kayus4321irka profile image55
      kayus4321irkaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dieting alone do not really work  when trying to lose weight.the mistake most people make is that they think weight loss is a one way traffic.actually, it is not.you have to know the various ways of managing weight loss before you decide on how to go about it.combining these various ways with a dicipline on your part will go along way in losing weight.
      for more visit <no links allowed>

2. kamagrabuy profile image59
      kamagrabuyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

consult dietician.

3. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The best meal plan is to keep on the food pyramid..
      use 0 calorie butter spray instead of those margerines
      and butters. Also, 0 calorie cooking spray. Theres
      1000's of calories you just lost already also,
      never eat a big meal or etc before bedtime. Very good
      possibly you will wear that meal. Make sure you can
      always walk your meal off daily. Cutting your portions down
      if you can't burn them off quickly. If you can eat a brunch
      (breakfast/lunch) and do a good deal of walking before dinner you are doing good. Never go on a diets. As you can tell they don't. And, if you like chocolate eat during lunch so you can walk it off. I strongly recommand snickers or hershey candy bar with almonds,. Chocolate is a protein and the almonds or etc.. is a vegetable. Same with snickers. Good luck big_smile. Also, try drinking prune juice before you walk as well as healthy amount of cardio workout.. dancerize... dancing burns off alot poundage. The key is how you are eating. Lots of high fiber vege.s, fruit,. And, lots of fun exercising, walking,.

2. Angel Of Love profile image62
    Angel Of Loveposted 14 years ago

You're on the wrong forum, baby.

3. arun kuruvilla profile image76
    arun kuruvillaposted 14 years ago

Need help??!
    ask the question in health forum.

4. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I gained close to 70 lbs. when I was pregnant.  I thought about food all the time.  Since I have had my little girl, I have lost all but about 15 lbs.  I have found that I have to really consider each and every food I eat.  I have not tried to do it too quickly... It has been 10 months.  The most important thing is to be very mindful of your body.  Eat slowly and stop eating when you are full.  I was always taught to clean my plate, so it is difficult to leave food on the plate, but I have a dog who will take the leftovers.

5. michelle.dragon99 profile image57
    michelle.dragon99posted 14 years ago

it does, but you must take the right meal replacement food for diet...for me the best meal replacement food is weight loss shakes....i lost almost 80 lbs after taking weight loss shakes for few months time...it really works....check my site out to get some idea <no links allowed>

6. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

I got to agree with Davina Girl.The body needs to turn food into fuel throughout the day. You should eat up to 7 small meals consisting of all 12 types of diet foods(see my hub) and equalling less than 2000 calories for your body to use its own fat stored as the fuel before weight drops.Thus the right foods and more energy needed, the quicker weight drops.

The only other reason I can think of is a thyroid problem.Hope this helps.

7. profile image0
    Linda Kabanposted 14 years ago

Exercise, lots of it. Eat healthy. Drink water.

Diets as we've come to know them, DO NOT WORK.

You have to change your lifestyle and your habits.
    And you have to want to commit to it for the rest of your life.

Losing weight starts in your head.

Sincerely,

Impassioned Life Coach, Yoga Teacher and someone who lost 50 pounds 14 years ago and has kept it off.

8. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I don't diet.  What I do:

Drink a lot of water - yes at first you'll pee a lot smile

Limit your sweets and any kind of pop, including diet pop (soda)

walk, walk, walk

Plan the meals you make at home ahead of time, so you know what you will be eating.  Take your lunch to work.

Stay away from all fast food - all of it, don't even temp yourself with it, consider it drive through calories.

Eat three balanced meals a day, if possible & have fruit or veggies for snacks. 

DON'T STARVE YOURSELF!!!

1. nikki1 profile image61
      nikki1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm totally agree.. except for the diet soda part.
      diet/caffeine free soda for me. Just limit them.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Why don't you read your own hub about it?

1. jonmarsh profile image60
      jonmarshposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nah...you can't expect someone with 3 diet hubs to know how to lose weight (or loose weight)...I have heard that beans may help...

10. sollylama profile image59
    sollylamaposted 14 years ago

I lost 50+ lbs during my highschool career.  My diet never really changed, even portion size.  The one thing that DID change was my activity level.  I played Football in the Fall and Wrestled in the winter, for 4 years. 
    My weight loss was steady, and I basically replaced all the fat I'd lost with muscle mass, which improved my metabolic rate, allowing me to keep the weight off. 
    In my last year of highschool I started practicing healthy eating habits.  I owe most of my ability to maintain my new weight to that.  Losing weight and gaining weight is fairly easy.  It can fluctuate dramatically.  Maintaining a constant weight is difficult.  That takes commitment and diligent observation.
    Keep in mind though that WEIGHT is not what's important, just a guideline.
    Use common sense...though, when it comes to health in North America, that phrase is truly contradictory.

You can do it.  But remember, EXERCISE is the only constant in any Diet Plan or weight-loss solution.  Take a couple years to lose that weight, and you'll likely keep it off forever, as long as you maintain your new lifestyle!

Good Luck, but you won't need it.  Don't give up!

11. natureheals profile image75
    naturehealsposted 14 years ago

Don't lose faith...there must be a way for you to lose weight.

In my opinion, from what I've learned and tried by myself, losing weight is a complex matter that is up to many factors.  There is no 'one size fits all' diet plan because each of us is unique. Here are some factors that could effect your weight.

- Life style ( active / non active ) This will affect your metaboilsm rate, too.

- Eating habit and addictions. This is a very important factor which plays with your blood sugar level and it will tricker the crave of sugar and go on in a circle which lead you to sugar and carb addiction. The result is gaining weight or fat. Any kind of stimulants such as caffeien or alcohol also effect to your weight.

- Your genes and your health condition. Some time you might be allergic to some food that you don't know. This is can relate to your weight gain as well. Some diseases may effect your effort in losing weight.

- The accumulated toxin in the body or parasites. If you are not sure about it. Detox your body will clean your systems and you will feel much more lighter plus, you may lose weight. Anyway, consult a doctor if you have any illness and can't detox.

-Some medications like birth control pills. Sometimes being a woman just make us more prone to getting fat than men. smile

I hope this will help you in some way. You will surely know yourself better than anyone. Don't focus on losing weight alone. Try to adjust everything in your life as a foundation to a healthy life which will make you have a perfect body and glow in the long term.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)