Is there a reason why a woman would post a wedding photo on facebook of hereself

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Efficient Admin profile image85
    Efficient Adminposted 9 years ago

Is there a reason why a woman would post a wedding photo on facebook of hereself only?

Without sounding judgmental, isn't the husband part of the marriage as well?  For example, an acquaintance was married a year ago and she posted her wedding photo on Facebook (just her, not her and husband). She posted her sister's wedding with family, husband, everyone.  Not one photo of her own husband.  Now her husband has photos of her all over his Facebook page but none of him on hers.  Why would someone not post any photos of their own spouse on their Facebook page?

2. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 9 years ago

Perhaps it is only her facebook page.  Perhaps it is her business page and does not want any other person in her portfolio page.  Maybe he did not want to be in her pictures on her page.  There could be lots of reasons why.

3. Link10103 profile image60
    Link10103posted 9 years ago

I can't really imagine why this would be of concern to anyone to be honest. Thats like asking why would someone post a photo of their breakfast on their Facebook...its because its their Facebook.

Question out of left field I know...but did you ever actually ask your acquaintance the reason why, rather than random people on the internet? People on the internet could tell you the reasoning behind it is because she is involved in an affair with a giant purple gorilla that transforms into Fabio on every second Wednesday of the month.

Efficient Adminposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I understand people can post whatever they want on their Facebook page. No I do not have any more contact and really don't want any contact but out of curiosity I asked the question if anyone else has done this.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image68
      Lady Guinevereposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Link, What planet are you on because it isn't earth.  When I answered the question nothing in the likeness of your thoughts even entered into my mind.

3. Link10103 profile image60
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Lady, I am not sure why you focused solely on the clearly comical part of the comment rather than the main body before it. The point was, it makes no sense to ask random people if she hadnt even asked the person it revolves around.

4. Efficient Admin profile image85

As I mentioned before this is someone I do not care for any contact with and decided to utilize the wisdom of hubby's on this site.

5. Link10103 profile image60
      Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Which I understand. I was reiterating my initial point. Although I dont get why it's taken a year to ask this question unless it's different people you mentioned in The question

6. Efficient Admin profile image85

Huh?  I never said it was a year ago.

4. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

Perhaps she's showing off her dress? Maybe they have a separate "couples" page or page for the wedding where they all are? Hard to say without knowing the person or the circumstances.  I know a few people who are on social media whose family members do not want their photos displayed etc. Hard to say.

From what I know of this person my initial thought was there is more to the story here.

5. Ilonagarden profile image91
    Ilonagardenposted 9 years ago

I think she probably felt beautiful in the picture and it wasn't so much about them as a couple as about her big day and how she felt in her photos. I wouldn't read too much into it saying much about the relationship or even how she feels about her husband.

If she is a newlywed, there are all sorts of changes that are ahead. Maybe her focus will shift to their lives as a couple at that time? Time will tell.

6. jlpark profile image81
    jlparkposted 9 years ago

Is it her profile pic?

Because if it is - it's about HER, not them as a couple. My profile pic has myself, my wife and our daughter, but that's cause I love the pic. Normally I have a beach scene or the equality sign, or something else.

BUT when I got married - my profile pic was either of JUST me or a photo we used for the "wedding" photo of the two of us. I think I alternated between the two for a while. (and just in case you think "well, thats just a man's way of doing things" - I'm a female).

No one seemed bothered by it - those who know us know us as a couple, we don't have to be in their faces about it all day!.

7. favored profile image62
    favoredposted 9 years ago

I agree with ChristinS that she may be showing her off her dress, but I would think there may be some posted with the couple.  If they're both on FB his may show up on her page so she doesn't feel she needs to post them on her page.

8. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

That is very simple to answer: it is her ego. She wants to show off herself in her wonderful dress. She can do it herself, nobody does it for her.

This woman definitely had an ego and that was my first thought oh look at me, look at me, I am married now.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If you have seen other photos of her on this Facebook page, she takes "selfies" and there is only one reason for that. The same reason.

9. DDE profile image45
    DDEposted 9 years ago

Interesting question! I think she posted her photo to show off her dress. You say her husband has the wedding photos of both on his facebook page so there is nothing to hide.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)