Are you a Fan of "The Voice?"

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

Are you a Fan of "The Voice?"

I am, very much so!  Are you happy with this year's winner, "David Wayne Boyd?"  If so, please share why.  If not, who were you hoping would win?

2. alekhouse profile image73
    alekhouseposted 9 years ago

I was hoping Matt would win, but they were all so talented this year I was not disappointed that David Wayne Boyd won. I would have been happy if any of the final four had.

fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

They definitely had some incredible TALENT this year!!   I really liked Chris Jamison.....but I was happy with the winner!.   BTW..dashing scorpio pointed out to me that his name is "Craig"...not David....Oops!

3. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 9 years ago

I believe his name is Craig Wayne Boyd.
    I like certain elements about "The Voice". They don't have a long drawn out series of bad auditions, no age maximums, and a person is accepted based upon their voice alone initially.
    However I have noticed that during the "knock out rounds" coaches often select songs that are more in one singer's "wheelhouse" versus their competitor. On the bright side however they do allow coaches to "steal" singers who are very good.
    I believe Blake had Craig and let him go and Gwen stole him and then she eventually let him go and Blake stole him back. Very few talent shows offers a person this many chances.
    As for vocal talent I thought both Matt and Damien were the best overall singers. Nevertheless it was no surprise to see the country fans pull out a victory for Blake. All of these shows eventually go from being "talent contests" to "popularity contests".
    The Voice is still looking for some sort of validity among the music industry. They have yet to produce stars on the level of Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, Fantasia, or even Clay Akien and Ruben Studdard. All the aforementioned artists have had platinum selling albums or won various music awards (Grammys, appeared on Broadway, or even won an Oscar)
    What makes the voice refreshing is it's format and the camaraderie of it's judges. Maybe Craig Wayne Boyd will become it's first "breakout star".smile  This year was their best crop of  talent.

Thank you for correcting his name!  I actually focused on a few of his other attributes far more than something as silly as his name!! LOL...I LOVE Kelly Clarkson for sure.  I don't watch Idol anymore.  I'm crazy about the coaches on the Voice!!

4. profile image60
    DJ Andersonposted 9 years ago

Dear Ms. Pheffer
    I see this pop up that you have a question.  Poor, dear, Ms. Pheffer.
    You have had a less than exciting, enjoyable week.  So, I’m thinking, Ms. Pheffer had done some soul searching and is reaching out to her friends, here at HP.  This is a good thing.  I have found people more than willing to share insight to their HP friends, and even gone so far as to give sage advice to those in need.  We are a close niche, indeed.

Husband left with the dog.  I am alone in the house and can give my full attention to my friend.  Got myself a glass of ice tea and sat down at my keyboard.  A little prayer never hurts when reaching out to meet the needs of others.
    Then, I read:
    “Are you a fan of The Voice….?”  ‘And if so, are you happy with this year’s winner, David Wayne Boyd?’  My mind had to grind to a stop and switch gears. 
    WHAT?
    Here you are, living at the North Pole, freezing your budunkas
    off, tired of working for the big fat man in the red suite and contemplating your move south.  You have a few dozen things
    on your plate and none of them are cookies.  And, you pose a question on HP; ‘are we happy with the guy who won
    “The Voice”.’

I think I am chocking on my own fist!
    You know where to find me.
    I’ll be on the sunny island of, “Are your fooken kidding me?”
    DJ.

This is a very vital question DJ..even though I got his name wrong.    I'd appreciate your comment.  Sage advice is for emails.   This is stage advice.

2. profile image60
      DJ Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

OK.  I do not watch "The Voice".  I have watched it in the past. 
      Be advised that some of the runner up talents are signed to a contract before the final show.  It would seem that they lost, but they could be sitting on a multimillion $$$$ contract.

3. fpherj48 profile image61

Funny you should mention what the runner ups are sitting on....My Dad always advised my sister and I all women were.  Weird....because we really couldn't sing well at all.

5. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 9 years ago

I liked Chris the best. His falsetto was amazing and he was such a cutie moving around up there on the stage. My guess is that he has a chance to move forward as a recording artist unlike most of the previous contestants on "The Voice." I don't care that he may have been the underdog. He has a certain something and he was very sincere.
    Anyhoo....I enjoy the comraderie and competitive spirit between Blake and Adam. They're hilarious together. Gwen and Pharrell were class acts---a breath of fresh air. Anyway you look at it, The Voice is a fun, worthwhile show and I look forward to the next season!!

savvy..glad you enjoyed Chris too. I think we have good taste! LOL  After "Idol" for years, I think "whoever" was a GENIUS to come up with the whole concept for "The Voice."  I keep meaning to look up that info.  I'll think of you next season! smile

6. Venus Rivera profile image60
    Venus Riveraposted 9 years ago

I'm Voice fan!
    When this music competition first aired. I thought to myself is this going to be like American Idol or X-Factor but when I saw the concept of the competition, I was hooked. I thought the concept was amazing and the name was brilliant. 
    The Voice completely shows-off the persons ability to sing and better yet it wasn't focused too much on a persons looks like the other shows and that's why I enjoyed watching this competition.
    I'm a big fan of all genre of music and when I would watched this show for some odd reason, I would always find myself rooting for the underdogs and this time I thought Chris desired to win this one. Especially, when he sang his song (In pictures) that's when I knew he'd win this competition for sure. 
    I like the fact that the views gets to pick the winners and not the judges.

Thanks for commenting, Venus.  You definitely have the enthusiasm of a real fan!!

7. Sunshine625 profile image86
    Sunshine625posted 9 years ago

I am a fan of The Voice! I voted for Craig to win and HE DID! Yay! His performance with Lynyrd Skynyrd was amazing! My favorite song ever is "Sweet Home Alabama" and I've never been to Alabama! smile
    Craig is following me on Twitter...he is a humble guy and I hope he stays that way when his career in Nashville takes off.
    Back to The Voice. I began watching because of Blake Shelton. I am secretly in love with him. Oops, I guess that ain't a secret any more. Then there is Adam...sweet Adam. Their bromance makes the show a hit.
    Now, while I am a fan of Christina Aguilera's music, I am not a fan of her being a coach, her attitude doesn't do it for me. I really liked having Shakira and Gwen as coaches, but Christina is coming back again. Usher and Pharrell did a great job as coaches.
    Back to Craig...YAY! I love when country music wins!!

Not only did I know I'd hear from you soon....I predicted your favorite. All that makes me sad is that he and his baby's Mama are not together.  They'd be such a sweet couple/family.  I like Gwen.  Adam? OMG..I can't even Talk about him!  sigh.

2. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Linda, overall. But, I have to say that when Craig was complimented, he tapped the right side of his chest....but the heart is on the right side. This is usually a sign of "lying" or pretending. Just saying...
      It's a "savvy" thing..wink

8. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 9 years ago

I love, love, love The Voice! I was glad Craig Wayne Boyd won, although I had to look up the winner the next day. I fell asleep before the winner was announced and woke up 20 minutes later!

I love his style. He's reminiscent of Lynryd Skynyrd, a band I love. He had a dream come true when he sang with them.

I love that he's a single dad who is striving towards his dream. Also love that his little boy is a 'long hair'!

I think it's awesome that Blake's 25% odds won over Adam's 75%, although he had some good contenders.

CWD sings my kind of music and is nice to look at, too. That always helps!

9. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

VERY nice to look at.....Plus, he has the cutest smile and sweet, humble sort of attitude.   Grrrrrrrr!  Woof woof!

10. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

I love "The Voice" both the US and Australian versions, though the US version has not been aired here this year, so you all just spoilt the winner for me..smile
    Our judges for the last season were Joel Madden, Kylie Minogue, Ricky Martin and Will.I.Am.

Jodah...Help me out here. Australia has different judges & different contestants than the U.S.  right?  So how did we spoil the winner for you? Do U get to see the entire U.S. Show in Australia?  I've never seen your VOICE show here!.  I'm confus

2. Jodah profile image90
      Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes we usually get the Aussie Voice and the US voice later. Yes we have different contestants and judges.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)