What is your definition of 'LOVE'?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 56 discussions (151 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 years ago

What is your definition of 'LOVE'?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13401715_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

This is a Great question. I had to pull on the reins of my horse because I had a hiccup in my giddy-up. That is the question asks "What is your definition of 'Love'?" rather than 'what does Love mean'. I 'feel' those two are different. But, I 'think' they are holistically connected. The first asks of my feelings while the second what I think hence:

For what I feel Love means is it is to experience and be cosmically connected to something and/or someone. In other words, it is both personal and universal being 'undefined' and there is contentment with that. Or, simply for Love I cannot explain what I feel.

To define it would mean to assign words with meanings. That said, what I come up with now is ‘Love are phenomena of the spirit’. That will have meaning for each who reads. For me some hints are:

** Love and Spirit are abstract nouns
    ** Phenomena is the plural of phenomenon therefore usage of are instead of is
    ** ‘Of’ indicates relationship between a part and a whole
    ** ‘The’ indicates one or more somethings of common knowledge while remembering Spirit is an abstract noun
    ** And, spirit was chosen over soul as I don’t adhere to them being one in the same

Therefore we arrive upon; An abstract cosmically manifested of an abstract.

ChitrangadaSharanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Tim Mitchell for your wonderful answer! I am really pleased and impressed to read such an insightful description of love .It is indeed very difficult to define 'love'. But  it is the most beautiful emotion and that's sure.Happy Valentine's Day

3. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

Hi, Chitrangada. I like that picture. My son and I picked a dozen that color last night, for our wonderful lady of our life. (ours look a little more wild)
    In our hobby we polished up a great emerald and made a necklace -- again a little more wild that a gem. Back in August we found a heartshaped stone at the beach and saved it for today. Of course a wonderful handmade card.
    Yes I wasted your time with that little report. But it shows to me about the definition of love. My son and I worked together in love. And we did it out of love. And we did it out of selfish love because we love to see mom happy.
    My only real definition of love is; "That which is the very very best in all of us, together and apart".
    Best of days to you friend.

Thanks Ericdierker for your beautiful response! I agree with you that Love is the best emotion in all of us. And I truly enjoyed your little report. Happy Valentine's Day!

2. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you it has been a pleasure to read the answers. Today I just got all crazy in love with my loved ones. Maybe just switch in my brain or heart. Maybe love is not of us and indescribable. Whatever this feeling is Thanks to the Creator  Namaste

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thanks for coming back Ericdierker! Yes I have also enjoyed going through the responses.
      And I repeat with you, Thanks to the creator! Namaste !

4. manatita44 profile image71
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

Happy Valentine's, my Sweet.

“....Love is your quest for the unknowable.” He replied.
    “It is your intuitive search to give meaning to life,
    To re-discover your own beauty.
    Love is the inner sweetness that walks with you,
    Carrying your shadows and dancing with your joys.
    When you seek, you reach for the Current,
    That floods your core with an unspoken sweetness,
    Birthless, deathless and immortal.”
    “How can we find this?” said another.
    “You are the Light at all times.” Said the old man.
    “For as you cannot exist without the inner Candle,
    So too, you cannot live without Love.
    When you are deep in the throes of desire, Love is there.
    When you delight in the joy and spontaneity of your children,
    Love is there too. The addict bellows a cloud of smoke from his addictions,
    Because he too, seeks Love...” -Manatita.

Taken from my poem: Love-songs of The Prophet.

The Gift of Love

" Both Light and shadow, are the dance of Love.
    Love has no cause, it is the astrolabe of God's secrets.
    Lover and loving are inseparable and timeless.
    Although I may try to describe Love,
    When I experience it, I am speechless.
    Although I may try to write about Love,
    I am rendered helpless.
    My pen breaks, and the paper slips away,
    To that ineffable place where
    Lover, loving and Love are One.
    Every moment is made glorious,
    By the Light of Love." _Jalal Uddin Mohammed Rumi.

Have a great day!

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi, my bro, Manatita! What a beautiful description of love! I am very very happy to find thess nice lines on "Love" which is only experienced but not describable in words for people like me.
      Hope you are doing good (it is evident). My blessings

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thanks Manatita for your precious and poetic response! Who else but you, can define 'love' in this way. Many thanks dear friend ! Your words inspire and bring us closer to God--the ultimate symbol of love!

3. manatita44 profile image71
      manatita44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you both, my dear, dearer, dearest friends.Love is omnipresent and the very breath of all sentient and insentient life. It is the pulse of Being. Truth is in all, but Love is ALL. Hari Om!

4. profile image50
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Man:  TIME is winding down!  Keep believing man rather than GOD & you will be LOST (Prov 14:12)!

5. profile image50

Whos Jalal Uddin Mohammed Rumi? "Man rather than GOD" (Acts 5:29)? 
      You are causing a lot of souls to be LOST with your "poetic expressions" of man, soothing their "itching ears"(IITim4:3)!
      LORD have mercy on your poor soul! Time is winding down!

5. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

A good question, Chitrangada. It is very difficult to describe Love. I can only experience it and find a kind of happiness and bliss in it.
    Manatita has answered it very beautifully here and I am very glad to see him come timely to our rescue. I fully agree with his thoughts and those lines describe fully my enjoyment and experience of Love.
    Thanks for asking this question. My blessings to you.

1. manatita44 profile image71

Thanks Bro. Om Shanti!!

Thanks VenkatachariJi for responding to the question! Love is indeed difficult to define.Love can be seen in different forms. Love for God, for parents, for spouse, for children, for other living creatures. Love is the most precious emotion of humans

6. Rachel L Alba profile image90
    Rachel L Albaposted 7 years ago

Hi Chitrangada,  Love is the most important quality that a person can have.  There is a quote that says, "love conquers all".  I think that
    I Corinthians chapter 13 sums it up beautifully.

Thanks Rachel L Alba for your wonderful answer! Yes ' love conquers all ' and is the most powerful emotion we have. It can make the impossible into possible.
      Happy Valentine's Day!

7. Terrielynn1 profile image86
    Terrielynn1posted 7 years ago

For me there are many different kinds of love. Love isn't love till you give it away. The love of my spouse, children and grand children. Then there is love of my friends and extended family and parents. Each has a special place in my heart. As more people become part of my life, my heart and love grows. There is always room for more. Each is different, but there is room for all. My cure for the world is more love. Thank you for asking.

Excellent answer Terrie Lynn!
      I agree with your opinion. True love is always unconditional and selfless. And you are so right that Love is the cure for World Peace. Thanks and good day to you!

8. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13406492_f260.jpg

Love is a strong emotion of caring about the wellbeing of another.
    Naturally there are various types of love such as parental, sibling, friendship/platonic, and romantic love.
    What distinguishes romantic love from the rest is our desire to be intimately physically connected with our mate as well as us not wanting to share that part of them with anyone else.
    With that being said everyone has their own idea of what love is suppose to "look like", "feel like", and how people who are "in love" should behave like. It's love if it meets (our expectations).
    Essentially if someone does not love us (the way we want to be loved) than we simply do not (feel loved).
    Thereby an excellent question might be:
    How do (you) know when you are loved?
    Nevertheless (you) can never know what extent someone cares.
    There are those who are smooth talkers and excellent at setting the stage but really don't care. And there are some folks who just do a piss poor job of expressing their love (your way) but would gladly lay down their life for you!

Thanks dashingscorpio for answering the question in detail. I agree with your views. Everyone has his/ her own definition and understanding of love. I think if it selfless, it is love. There can't be any place for ego in true love. VGood day to you!

2. profile image50

" I think if it selfless, it is love." TRUE!
      "Greater LOVE hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye r my friends..."(Jn15:13-14)!
      "GOD IS LOVE" (IJn4:16)!

9. stas karimov profile image60
    stas karimovposted 7 years ago

Love is a feeling of happiness. Why then are so many unhappy people?
    Here is the answer

God gives us love so that we create a family. But there is one problem - just the opposites receive love. What do the opposites? They fight. Very often, after a wedding a divorce. Millions of people do not want to understand that love is happiness but only the opposites get a chance to be happy!

Thanks Stas Karimov for responding to the question and sharing your opinion!
      Appreciate you for taking the time to answer the question!

2. manatita44 profile image71

A heavy burden on your shoulders, Stas. Yoga philosophy will ask you to look at your own mirror, not the world's. What you see, is what you are. No one owes you anything. Food for thought. Peace!

3. profile image50

"Yoga?"  GOD "working is us" not enough for u (Phil2:13)? HE needs ur help thru "yoga?"  Prov14:12! GOD is JEALOUS(Ex34:14) & u DENY *HIS* POWER(IITim3:5)!

10. profile image50
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

How "carnal" you are by going by EXTERNAL things rather than what the WORD of GOD SAYS!

Man: " “....Love is *your quest* for the unknowable.” Proverbs 3:5 "Lean not to *your own* understanding...."
    Eric: " "That which is the very very best in all of us, together and apart". Philippians 2:13 "It is GOD who WORKETH in us to will & to do of HIS good pleasure."
    Tsmog: " An abstract cosmically manifested of an abstract." "Abstract?"  GOD doesn't exist?
    Terrie:  "Different kinds of love?"  If not GOD'S LOVE, not LOVE!\
    Rachael: " "love conquers all". ONLY *IF* GOD'S LOVE!
    Dash:  TOTALLY "carnal!"
    Ven:  If man mixes ANYTHING in with GOD'S SPIRIT (Acts 17:23-25), which includes man's opinion of how to reach HIM, GOD is NOT PLEASED! Until I can find "yoga" in Scripture, man-made LIE!
    Stas: " feeling of happiness." Philippians 3:19 "Whose end is destruction, whose God is THEIR BELLY, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things."

"CORRECTING" (II Timothy 3:16) with HIS WORD! II Peter 1:3 "According to HIS divine power hath given us ALL THINGS that pertains to life and godliness..."  Didn't GOD SAY the "definition of LOVE" is in Scripture? Why don't you LOVE GOD enough to find out what HE SAID regarding the "definition of love?"

I John 4:8 "He that LOVETH not knoweth not GOD; for GOD is LOVE!"

"STUDY" (II Timothy 2:15)!

1. Terrielynn1 profile image86
      Terrielynn1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi, gods love is included in that. I am not sure why you always sound so negative about people's answers. God is in everything for me. My you should stop basing everything just on writtten words and let those Exeter your heart. Anyone can look up scr

2. profile image50

Is 8:20 "IF THEY SPEAK NOT ACCORDING to THIS [HIS] WORD, there is NO LIGHT IN THEM!" Therefore, it would behoove all to "look up Scripture!"
      I remind ("preach") what GOD SAID!
      ALL have "choice" (Josh24:15)!

3. Terrielynn1 profile image86
      Terrielynn1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine we are talking about love here,god is love. Love is important in god and in all of us. It's impossible to write about all in a short answer forum. I am not sure why you want be so negative.

4. profile image50

Terrie there is a diff in GOD'S (SPIRIT) LOVE & "natural love!" I'm ONLY reminding (preaching) ALL how to acquire!  If "P" Christians knew this, the world wouldn't be in the predicament it's in!  Knowledge is in WORD(IIPet1:3)!  "STUDY"(IITim2:15

5. Team Wiseman profile image81
      Team Wisemanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Iron sharpens iron but but hammers crush everything. Don't be a hammer.

6. profile image50

Talk to GOD about HIS WORD! I only deliver!
      IITim3:16;Lev19:17;Prov9:8-9;27:5;29:15;ITim5:20;Titus2:15;
      IITim4:2;Jm5:20; Lk17:3-4;Rev3:19;Mk16:14;ICor5:12; Ezk33:8-9+++
      I "try" to show LOVE by "correcting" for I 2desire "no one is lost" (Jn6:39-40)!

11. Annette Roussey profile image63
    Annette Rousseyposted 7 years ago

I don't believe there is one definition for "love". Maybe that's why there is so much chaos in the world.
    My definition and understanding of "love" is that it is an unconditional feeling of wanting to have a person or thing be part of your life no matter what others think. To give your love is a very special thing. You can't expect it to be returned though, that's the part most have trouble with. I don't expect anything from the people or things I love but I am thankful when they choose to give a gift or card to show they care.
    It is my hope that someday the world will come together on "love" so beasts and people can coexist. There would be no need for weapons of destruction. We'd only use  hands and tools to help each other keep our place on the earth and live happily ever after.
    Humans claim to be the smartest creatures on the planet, but "love" eludes us all.

1. profile image50

You see what I mean?  STRICTLY "carnal" love defined!  That's why "the world" is in the predicament it's in!  MOST don't believe GOD!

Thanks for your response to the question! Truly appreciated!

12. profile image0
    Engeltaposted 7 years ago

If you can find the words for a feeling, it is already dead. Therefor there is no definition of love, you just feel it. I aim to not ever describe it into words, for if I do, it is already too logical to me (dead).

Thanks for your answer! Truly appreciated!

13. blessedp profile image79
    blessedpposted 7 years ago

For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten son that that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life St. John 3:16

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down His life for His friend. St. John 15:13

1. profile image50

Amen! 
      Author said it perfectly:  UNSELFISHNESS as GOD who died for us (Acts 20:28)!

2. blessedp profile image79
      blessedpposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Rightly so Norine Williams. What a wonderful God.

3. profile image50

GOD bless you in your "understanding" that GOD *IS* LOVE!
      You wear your 'handle' well ("blessedp")! lol

4. blessedp profile image79

Gracias! Norine. With such a blessing we must let His Love be known.
      Bless you too.

5. profile image50

De nada! 
      I promised I'd serve Him until I die by "obeying" my calling to preach His Word! Satan hates It but he has already been defeated!
      I'm on the battlefield for my LORD helping gather His army (The Church)!

Stay "blessed!"

6. blessedp profile image79

Preach The Word in and out of season. Obey your calling for better are on before. God will  carry you through for you are covered by His redeeming blood. No weapon form against you shall prosper.

I will stay bless. Thank you and you stay bless the s

7. profile image50

You're "conformation" from GOD!  Bless you blessedp for allowing GOD to use you as 'a vessel' to deliver His Word!
      Oh how I love Jesus! 
      Gracias again!  Have a blessed night!

14. Team Wiseman profile image81
    Team Wisemanposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13411414_f260.jpg

God is Love. Love is God. Jesus Christ showed us how to Love with the Love of God.
    Love is patient with others and is kind.
    Love is never jealous or envious of others.
    Believe it or not, Love never boasts and is never prideful.
    Love is not ill-mannered or easily angered.
    Love is not selfish either.
    Love does not delight in evil and never keeps a record of wrongs.
    Love is amazing!
    Love never gives up and and always rejoices with Truth.
    Love always protects and never harms anyone.

Love preserves, Love always trusts and Love never ever fails! Love, is in fact, God.

Is your love for others like this?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this question!

2. profile image50

Those are not "his thoughts!"  His Response is from the WORD of GOD!
      Wiseman, these people are talking "natural" love and MOST know NOTHING about the LOVE of GOD from their responses. 
      Sounds like they worship "idols" be it man or thing!

3. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The love of god according to the gosple of norine, of course.  (Miss-spell-ing intentional).  No body knows nothing about love like norine does.   This is just humour not vindictive.

lol  (wish there was vivid formatting possible here)

4. profile image50

GOD *IS* LOVE!
      I knew it wouldn't be long before Satan appeared preaching his "god spell" (Pun intended)!
      Me too!  For they would see your 'horns & tail'! lol

5. profile image0

Thank you so much for naming me, Norine.  Could mean there's some fire in my belly!  Lol!  Never stop learning something new!

6. profile image50

GOD (aka WORD) is not to be "mocked!"  HE is my FATHER!  How would you like for someone to continuously speak evil of your 'earthly' father?  How would u react? 
      When u "repent!" I will speak to u w/kindness! Until then (Matt23)!

7. John Kristian profile image54
      John Kristianposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Love is extraordinary, unconditional, supernatural, invisible and feeds your feelings with unknown, unwanted and undesirable emotions. But loves only goal is to make each one of us HAPPY.

8. profile image50

Amen!
      Sounds like GOD to me!

9. profile image0

Welcome to HubPages, John.  Carnal love...I fine with that provided there's no one gets hurt and each participant really enjoys it.  And that's not satanic.

10. profile image50

Rm 9:3 "For I could wish that I myself were accursed fm Christ for my brethren, kinsmen according to the flesh!"
      Love gives " unwanted and undesirable emotions" but we "PRESS" (Phil3:14)!

11. healthyeating-24 profile image60
      healthyeating-24posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Love is blind.

12. profile image0

Cherry-picking  obscure verses from your bible again, Norine?  Please explain what you are trying to say, in plain English.

13. profile image50

I have a gift fm GOD but flesh sometimes make It "unwanted & undesirable" but I continue ("PRESS")  in the LORD!
        I'm human (flesh)!

14. Perleen k profile image59
      Perleen kposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Love is a person...He gave so you can live eternally...

15. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Perla Kouame!

16. Donna Suthard profile image60
      Donna Suthardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Love forgives everything, including lack of love!  What is not love is but a call for love.

17. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90

Thanks Donna and I agree with your opinion! Thanks for your response!

15. davidos profile image60
    davidosposted 7 years ago

Love has no definition, that's what makes it special. There is no way to describe what one feels when they are in love. Love can be so painful, and it can be so wonderful, sometimes even at the same time. Its not about what love means, or what defines it. Love is different for everybody.

Love is when you smile at the mere thought of someone. Everything they do makes you happy and you want to be there for all of it. Love endures all things, and love will change you for the better. Love is what people spend their entire lives searching for, no matter how painful and no matter how long it takes.

Every person has felt some sort of love, but nobody can describe it.

Completely agree with you! Appreciate your response to the question!

16. Marie Flint profile image73
    Marie Flintposted 7 years ago

Unconditional grace.

Love is being joyfully centered in one's own energies to the extent that no matter what the outer circumstance, I am able to meet that person or condition with compassion because I am filled with a euphoric feeling that flows through me and out into the world to raise the vibration of people, animals, plants, and the earth itself.

Thanks Marie Flint for responding to the question and sharing your views! Truly appreciated!

17. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years ago

One understanding of "love" is being totally at one with the object of your love... not separate but fully unite in one.
    The most powerful, ultimate expression of love is when it's totally unconditional, requiring nothing to be rendered in return, not subject to payment, or gratitude or dependent upon gifts.
    Such love is rarely, if ever, within the scope of our human ability, yet it's an attribute that's worth aiming for.
    An example of where such unconditional love is extremely difficult to apply, is when an otherwise positive and friendly discussion gets hijacked and thwarted by Norine's pathological rhetoric.  Difficult but not impossible you mght say!

1. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your point is well made. Sometimes people are like putting weights on to run. Good tough exercise which makes us stronger. I think you oneness concept is right on.

Thanks Alan for your response to the question! Appreciate you for sharing your thoughts on this. Thank you!

18. profile image49
    eclickposted 7 years ago

it is difficult to describe love...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks eclick for your response to the question! Yes I agree, it is very difficult to describe.

2. profile image50

GOD'S LOVE is "perfected" in I John 2:5 "But whoso keepeth [all] His Word, in him verily is THE LOVE OF GOD PERFECTED:..."
      Natural love is temporary! Even those married 80 yrs "hated" spouses behavior @ 1x or another but not when one has GOD'S LOVE!

19. bluesradio profile image58
    bluesradioposted 7 years ago

My definition of love is two individuals who care and respect each other, honor each other, and try and make each other better individuals in life....There is definitely going to have to be true communication in order to have true love...

Thanks Marc Lee for responding to the question! I agree with you that Love can help to make better individuals. Thanks and a good day to you!

20. Luke Holm profile image88
    Luke Holmposted 7 years ago

Love is when you use your life for another's happiness.

Thanks Luke Holm for sharing your views on this question! Much appreciated!

21. healthyeating-24 profile image60
    healthyeating-24posted 7 years ago

Love is blind but anybody crazy in love.

Thanks Jolia for sharing your thoughts!

2. profile image50

One thing I like about you Chit, you allow EVERYONE voice their opinion & don't "delete!" I wish you knew GOD doesn't need "help" fm "poetic" men (Col2:8)!

22. Eurkpadox profile image55
    Eurkpadoxposted 7 years ago

LOVE is simply LOVING AND KNOWING YOUR WORTH. You cannot find love with someone, if in yourself, you are void of feelings and lost in the midst of confusions. LOVE IS TO KNOW YOUR WORTH TO YOURSELF AND TO THIS WORLD.

Thanks for your response! Appreciate you for sharing your thoughts!

23. profile image49
    Leaguemindposted 7 years ago

To me loving somebody means to care about them more than anything. Loving somebody means that you help that person you love, even if you can't help yourself. When love enters your life, you must put it ahead of you and it must be truly important to you. Loving anything means you put time into it, and also that you have a relationship with it. When people say I love you or I love doing my job, if they truly do love it, there mind and body must be 100% into it. For example, Athletes all seem to love what they do because they did it since they were little and have a bond with the sport. Also there is no such thing as wierd love you can love a sport just as much as you love your husband. The truth is it's not about what you do for them that dictates how great your love is for them, it's that you actually care and truly love them is what really matters. smile

Thanks for answering the question! Appreciate your views on this topic!

24. Dean Keak profile image61
    Dean Keakposted 7 years ago

Love means "Live On Vivid Emotion with somebody else".

Thanks for responding to the question!

25. profile image54
    Brightestsideposted 7 years ago

Love is the reflection of how you treat yourself...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic!

26. profile image52
    StarQueenposted 7 years ago

I'm only human, I don't know what love is but my feeble attempt to answer this question goes something like this:

Love is our breath and the universe.
    Love is that which created us.
    Love is connection.
    Love is beauty.
    Love is deep and vast like caverns and canyons.
    Love is merciful.
    Love is ... us.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic! Have a good day!

27. shanmarie profile image70
    shanmarieposted 7 years ago

I tend to think of I Corinthians when I think of a definition for love. But in terms of the feeling, I think there are multiple types of love or varying degrees. For instance, platonic is different from romantic love. But the fruits of love (such as kindness, compassion, thoughtfulness) can be shown to even a stranger.

Thanks for your response to the question! Appreciate your views on this topic! A Very good day to you!

28. profile image51
    odannyohposted 7 years ago

writting checks your heart can cash

and thinking of him more often during the day than you think of yourself

Thanks for sharing your views on this question!

29. Nhat Linh Nguyen profile image39
    Nhat Linh Nguyenposted 7 years ago

About couple, It is a feeling when both find the other's eye sight, laughing at the same thing, singing a same song.

Thanks for your answer! Appreciate your views on this topic!

30. Fiorenzo Arcadi profile image68
    Fiorenzo Arcadiposted 7 years ago

The real truth about love arises when you're older. Unfortunately when you're young, the body takes a different course in determining love. The older you are, you can always reflect back on your past experiences, some good, some bad. But the overall experience always suggests that the human being has loved something rather than nothing. If it is something you can relish the fact that something came into fruition. If it is nothing then it is your own soul that requires the same gratification that becomes similar to the imaginary love that one believes in. Love can be eternal only in the mind that suggests that, but the real truth is something different. Even with friends that proclaim their love in front of me, the man and woman show a different attitude. The woman wants excitement, adventure, even at an old age where it's tough for an old man to provide.

You made some valid points. Thanks for responding to the question!

31. manni0303 profile image63
    manni0303posted 7 years ago

Love is selfless....you just want the happiness of your love....it only gives u strength

I agree with you! True love means being happy by making someone else happy. Thanks for sharing your opinion on this topic!

32. tushar19 profile image60
    tushar19posted 7 years ago

Love is friendship, if she can’t be my good friend then I cannot fall in love with her. So basically Love is Friendship

You are right! Love begins with friendship! Thanks for answering the question!

2. profile image0

Tushar, welcome to HubPages.

33. profile image0
    Rajendraniroy123posted 7 years ago

Hi chitrangada i love the picture..  love to me is my family....i came to know about love from my family...i have a joint family and the way they care for each other....support each other .....understand each other....sacrifices for each other....these taught me what true love is....its all about sharing each others feelings...caring the person you love...

Hi Rajendrani Roy!
      Thanks for your wonderful answer! A family is bound by love, care and sacrifice for each other. Blessed are those who have a loving and caring family. When our own happiness depends on others smile and happiness. Thanks again!

2. profile image0
      Rajendraniroy123posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to you for asking such a beautiful question...:-) god bless u !!

34. profile image53
    Arshi Chhabraposted 7 years ago

Love is the most beautiful feeling one can ever have. Love can be felt for parents, a friend, husband or wife, a cousin of yours or maybe your pet. It can be with anyone with whom you feel so close that you can share your fears, sorrows, happiness and deepest secrets without the worry of being judged. You don't have to pretend anything in front of them. You get the feeling of security, freedom and comfort with them.
    They never bound you in chains, they understand you, listens to you. One can bare his or her soul in front of that loved one.

Love makes life worth living

Thanks Arshi for your beautiful thoughts about love! Love indeed makes life worth living. It can convert even the negatives into positives.
      Thanks for responding to the question!

35. profile image52
    BraveisBeautifulposted 7 years ago

LOVE MAKES YOU FEEL AT HOME.....WHILE OTHER ATTACHMENTS LACK THAT KIND OF OWNERSHIP!!

Well expressed! Thanks for answering the question BraveisBeautiful!

36. profile image52
    Diyazreeposted 7 years ago

Love is a spiritual bonding between two persons.

Yes I agree! Thanks Diyazree for your response to the question!

37. carolyn0210 profile image59
    carolyn0210posted 7 years ago

Love is when you would put up with another person`s bad points.

So true!
      Thanks Carolyn for answering the question!

38. Neha Neha Boom profile image54
    Neha Neha Boomposted 7 years ago

All you need is love," sang the Beatles. When one considers the widely documented health benefits of being in a happy relationship, they might have been on to something. ... Research has demonstrated a myriad of health benefits - physical, mental and emotional - associated with being in an affectionate relationship

You are right! What a wonderful point of view!
      Thanks for answering Neha Neha Boom!

39. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 7 years ago

It's something we still can't understand. There is no perfect definition because there isn't anything like it.

I'd like to say LOVE is one of the things that separates us from animals. A deer may have protective instincts of her offspring for the sake of reproduction, but they (probably) don't LOVE like humans do.

We also have different types of love... romantic, love for our family, love for our friends. It's a kind of a magic in itself. I love how people from across the ages have sung about love and heartbreak. Humans all share that in common smile

Thanks Poppy Reid for taking the time to answer this question!
      As you rightly said, there can not be one and perfect definition of love. It's amazing how many shades it can have, all so different. But love makes us all so much Human.
      Thank you!

40. TLilly15 profile image59
    TLilly15posted 7 years ago

My definition of Love is, getting along with people, being about to trust people, having someone be there, for you when you need them.

Thanks Joyce Taylor for sharing your opinion on this topic! I agree with you. Trust is an important characteristic of love. And those in love are always there for each other. Thank you for answering!

41. gobindo12345 profile image57
    gobindo12345posted 7 years ago

Love is blind.The definition is love different to every human.

Thanks for answering the question gobindoroy!

42. profile image52
    bunnysaikrishnaposted 7 years ago

There is no definition for love it's  just a felling . Not just feeling it was a greatest feeling which can rule and break the world.It was an emotion . And emotions don't have definition. Love was a meaningful definition less emotion.

Well said! Emotions can be felt not defined. Thanks for your response bunnysaikrishna!

43. profile image49
    unbotheredpDxposted 7 years ago

love is an affection u feel from a serious relationship

Thanks unbotheredpDx for sharing your views on this topic! Truly appreciated!

44. Linda Matshoba profile image54
    Linda Matshobaposted 7 years ago

The only flower that grows and blossoms without the aid of seasons.

What a beautiful way to define love!
      Thanks Linda Matshoba for answering the question!

45. Mrinmoy2017 profile image53
    Mrinmoy2017posted 7 years ago

Though i am not expert about the word 'love', I think, love is kinda reflection of nature and a mirror of good things happening altogether surroundings.

Thanks Mrinmoy for taking the time to answer this question! It is a difficult word to define. I am getting enlightened by all the responses including yours. Thanks again!

46. profile image0
    Claudia Tressposted 7 years ago

I have come to understand that love is not about fireworks and butterflies, but rather, it is something that endures, and stands the test of time. It is everything that The Bible says it is, in Corinthians! Sometimes with love, we have to get our hands dirty :-)

Tamara Yancosky Moore

Thanks Tamara Yancosky Moore for sharing your thoughts about 'love'. Yes--true love has to pass though difficult times and it becomes deeper and long lasting by doing so.
      Appreciate your response!

47. profile image0
    Nathanael Westposted 7 years ago

Being a part of something greater then yourself.

Thanks Andrew for sharing your thoughts about 'love'. Truly appreciated!

48. howlermunkey profile image72
    howlermunkeyposted 7 years ago

2 bottles of Far Niente (Lewis?) Cab Sav and a dry-aged ribeye steak.

1. profile image0

All and any of your favourites would be enhanced by good company, surely?  Is it not the connections which make for the Joys of Love, however they are made?

49. profile image49
    kingarif001posted 7 years ago

love is not any thing if your mind is work.
    love is only 4 words and its for fool program for all kind of human

50. Ajsdairy profile image60
    Ajsdairyposted 7 years ago

Love is a feeling which never exist but persist in thoughts, its often mistaken for care, and affection.

Thanks for sharing your views and answering the question!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)