How is the world going to end?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Luke M Simmons profile image69
    Luke M Simmonsposted 9 years ago

How is the world going to end?

I guess the real question would be, what do you think will cause the extinction of the human species or the death of a significantly large portion of it? Will it be infrastructure collapse due to our lack of preparation for a CME? How about societal upheaval in response to our dwindling natural resources like water? Unpreparedness for a large asteroid? Supervolcano? Global sea level rise due to climate change? Artificial superintelligence? Oh yea, nukes? Let me know what you think.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12327622_f260.jpg

1. The0NatureBoy profile image56
      The0NatureBoyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Luke, from a Bible perspective, shortly after the son of man brings world peace after taking control of the United States of America's government and rule it constitutionally there will be a few years, up to four, before the "battle of that great day of God almighty" spills a sea of blood by everyone except the 50% chosen to enter "Armageddon" will survive it to replenish the earth.

There are prophecies that say he should be entering the White House and replace Trump before this term is over. Nebuchadnezzar is a type of Trump who has attempted got exalt himself over the previous 42 other presidents. All of that was predestined from the beginning of this civilization and I have written about how it works if you want to see how I've interpreted it.

2. profile image0
      Ikoro Iyineledaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The world is going to end by the hand of the fact that,

"The only lesson Man has ever learnt from History is that Man has never learnt any lesson from History."

In the Word of The Christ,

"If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead."

Had the world learnt from one - JUST ONE - of either Moses, or Jesus, or Mohammed, or any other of the prophets and the righteous men sent to it over the ages, it would definitely never end. However, because of the Truth in the Word quoted above,

"Heaven and earth will pass away."

I continue to pray that this will be in my life-time.

If my interpretations are correct, Ikoro, and you make it into Armageddon it will happen in your lifetime, if not but unless you are one of the last to die in the battle of that great day of God Almighty it will not.

My interpretation of the parable of the fig tree's budding was May, 1948's with the return of the Jewish people chosen to represent the survivors of civilization's end when they came out of Egypt to what they renamed Israel in Palestine suggesting eighty years will not pass until the end comes. That makes 2028-9 to be about the time of the world's end.

The 10 virgins parable represents 10% of this world population and only half of them will enter Armageddon. The other half will replace those now waiting in Rev. 6:9-11 killed in the last end of the world who are the dead in Christ to reincarnate before the rest of the dead reincarnates per Rev. 20:4-5.

1. profile image0

Very interesting, considering the fact that I no longer believe in coincidence; but "2028-29" - 2030, to be precise - happens to be a very significant part of my prayers, today.

When I saw your first post I felt a spiritual connection, a brother in spirit, is why I commented on your statement in hope of conversing with you. I looked for something you have written but found nothing. Feel free to read my postings and comment on them if you so desire.

1. profile image0

Due to the fervid fanaticism with which this most accursed of all generations continues striving to maintain The Open Secret that is The Naked Truth that I happen to be, a number of that which I would have posted on HubPages are (for want of rules and regulations borne out of reason) barred from being placed therein. Thus, you may not have come across my Word - as you indeed say you have not.

However, it is all over the world wide web - that just as however is a part of the conspiracy striving to maintain The Open Secret I have spoken of. Search, therefore; and thou wilt most definitely find me.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

The world will end when the sun swallows it in 4-5 billion years. And then it'll vaporize. Fun times.

Luke M Simmonsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Right, death by Red Giant, but you can't honestly believe humans will make it to see that.  What do you think the demise of our species will be?

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
      dashingscorpioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We'll probably relocate just like we did before when Mars started to die. smile
      Odds are we'll discover a Star Gate which allows us to travel to other planets in the next  one to two thousand years.

3. profile image0
      TheBizWhizposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Darn! That is right. Why didn't I think of that.

3. Buildreps profile image84
    Buildrepsposted 9 years ago

Personally I don't believe that extinction is possible at all. Species will evolve into higher species all the time, which might take millions of years, but finally fill in the gaps that appeared. Who said that extinction is something irreversible?

The biggest threat of the current human species is lack of potable water and unhealthy (or artificial/not nutritious) food.

1. profile image0

But a lack of food/water would not/could not cause us to be extinct because we couldn't use it ALL up. What would happen is enough people would die to reach the threshold that the remaining food/water could sustain.
      I'm going w/ major disaster

2. Luke M Simmons profile image69

You guys are thinking too short term though.  Humans in general are not equipped to produce their own food/water/shelter anymore.  Without infrastructure, the remaining population will have to adapt or die.  It's going to be harder than we think.

3. profile image0

The remaining population will adapt because we will die out until the threshold 4 sustainability is met. No way the entire population can go extinct from a lack of food because food & water will always exist, just maybe not enough 2 feed 7 billio

4. Luke M Simmons profile image69

I agree. Though most everyone will die off, there will likely be a surviving niche.  They will definitely not be enjoying life as we know it.

5. profile image0

Right. Look @ California. N the WSJ, they said n 2011 only 57,648 were n drought conditions. Now it is 37 million. That is a big change, but slow enough that they will begin 2 move off b4 they suffer too much.

4. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 9 years ago

If I were to guess, I would say asteroid or some sort of natural disaster like a super volcano.

It wouldn't be due to a lack of resources because nature has a way of balancing that w/ death, i.e. once enough people die and reach the threshold of resources, the population will stabilize.

I don't think we can nuke enough to kill our entire species, maybe just a majority.

If global sea levels rise, I think we could adapt to that by consulting Kevin Costner.

If we have a societal upheaval, then there has to be a winning side, so someone will be left.

I don't think we could or would create AI smart enough to take us over. That just seems a little far fetched to me for some reason.

I guess the reality is that however it happens, it won't matter because we will all be dead. Nice thought, huh? Thanks for ruining my day! (lol just kidding)

A nuclear event or supervolcano would blanket the atmosphere and block out the sun.  No more sun, no more food, no more humans.

A rogue AI could be a problem if allowed to power/defend/expand itself.  There would be almost no limit.

Thanks 4 Answer

5. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 9 years ago

It says in the bible how the world is going to end.  Read Revelations.  Jesus is going to come back, eliminate evil once and for all, and God is going to remake the earth, on which we all shall live, unless we're sent to hell.

Can't Jesus just make everyone be good instead? That's what I would do.

2. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, we were all given free will.  We get to decide where we spend eternity.

3. Luke M Simmons profile image69

Wouldn't it be easier if we were all just good people?  Couldn't an omnipotent being see to this? Would it not be in his and everyone's best interest?

4. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Is that before or after the War of Ragnarok? Oh wait, sorry, wrong religion. Is that before or after Frashokereti? Dammit, I did it again! Is that before or after Kali Yuga? The Blue Star Kachina? The Seven Suns? I can't keep all this stuff straight!

5. Luke M Simmons profile image69

@Z: solid

6. chef-de-jour profile image95
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

I wouldn't want all human life to end through nukes
    nor would I want hostile aliens to vapourise our souls,
    and asteroids smashing into earth, and black holes
    swallowing our galaxy turning us into etheric spooks -
    neither of these would be dignified. I'd much prefer
    the scenario of a few lone pioneers zooming into space
    just as earth turns into a burning collapsing wild sphere
    of exploding dust. The trailblazers might sadly embrace,
    say a few words for those left behind,then power on
    into the immense depths of a new cosmos, only to find
    that,in all the turmoil and panic pre-launch, the one
    and only hub titled 10 WAYS TO SURVIVE THE END
    OF TIME had been deleted from their database.
    Thus ended the whole story of the human race.

@Chef: Exceptional.  I looked around for that hub but was unable to find it anywhere.  Do you have the link? I would love to give it a read.

7. Say Yes To Life profile image78
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years ago

According to the Sikhs, in the future, God will destroy the world and recreate it, and all will be reincarnated to live in it.  However, it is impossible to predict the date, and foolish to obsess over it.  Much better to live positive, productive lives in the here and now!

8. Shrikant6989 profile image70
    Shrikant6989posted 4 years ago

If world super powers dont stop funding Pakistan and its state sponsored terrorism, we may see a Indo-Pak nuclear conflict any time in future and it may well mean dooms day for all of us.

Shrikant, per biblical prophecy only the USA (Mystery Babylon, Rev. 18:4) will be destroyed by nukes, after her demise I don't know what "the Battle of that great day of God Almighty" (Rev. 16:14) with but whatever it is it will shed a red sea of blood to the last man. That battle should happen sometime around 2028-9.

Soon, the US is going to bring world peace as soon as the "son of man" takes over (Isa. 2'2-4).

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

Even though/if the world ends, We don't. We go on. And if we so desire to be on a planet/a physical plane, but this one is uninhabitable, God will find a new one for us.
    Or we could wait (on the astral plane) for this one to become habitable again. God respects our free will ... while he waits for us to come back into/unto Him. Meanwhile, Father/Mother God keeps hoping and encouraging. Yes, He/She has His/Her ways of encouragement, whether, subtle or dynamic.
    According to my understanding.

I disagree, KLH, this one will never be uninhabitable. At each civilization's end, this one and Revelation 21's, this same earth regenerates itself for an alternative earth with alternative bodied people without sun until it is time for Genesis 1's new beginning. Once we ascend from this one with our alternative bodies and ability to transform into every type physical manifestation on earth we go to another plane, layer I calls it, to learn it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)