How will American views of God evolve within the next 60 to 100 years to a more

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

How will American views of God evolve within the next 60 to 100 years to a more exclusive,

spiritual, universalistic level of consciousness and away from the more immature, judgmental, and controlling entity?  Also, within the next 60 to 100 years, will Americans adopt a more intelligent, mature view of spirituality?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12400483_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 8 years ago

I know that religion has been getting a bad rap lately, but I like to put it like this; people get spiritual guidance from religion like people get education from school. Not everyone feels they need guidance, but some of us find it easier to learn from someone who has a better knowledge. I went to school for an MBA because that was the best route for me. Some people feel the best way to learn about business is to just start one and learn from experience. I don't think there is a right or wrong way; just a way that is best for ourselves.

I also compare choosing a religion to choosing a university. First you choose a field that you can relate too. Sometimes we choose a field our parents are in, sometimes we don't but it should be one that will make us happy. Then you choose a university that you think offers what you want. For example, there might be hundreds of business schools that say they can offer a better end result, but in the end, one has to decide the best fit for themselves. Also, keep in mind that even though all of the business schools ultimately teach relatively the same thing, they all think they are the best and feel a competitive nature to gain students.That is just human nature.

I hope that helped someone gain some insight into the way I think.

3. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

I like the way you expressed that Biz, it is true it is in our nature to be competitive and to think that what we have is the best,
    But because of our imperfections we can be mistaken in thinking we have the truth, when we really do not. after all it is not our personal message . We only carry it but it belongs to God.
    Like a disaster has broken out , if different people come to you with a message of evacuation at once , out of urgency do you say all these people are competing to tell me
    there is danger, instead you look at it as a warning of a life saving message.
    we can say without a doubt this message is urgent and life saving.

4. Austinstar profile image84
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

Neil deGrasse Tyson was speaking about this very thing on Star Talk. He and other scientists, myself included, think that within the next 60 to 100 years, our "cosmic awareness:" will become much more commonplace.
    We will begin to truly think globally and expand our minds to include the cosmos of which we are a very small part.
    Our laws are already becoming much more attune to the humanist condition rather than the old "personal religion" and "family values". We are finally beginning to learn empathy for our world as a whole which actually does include every race, creed, religion, and philosophy.
    Cosmic philosophy will include the unimaginable spans of space and time, as well as quantum physics and nuclear physics. We will begin to understand the very vast depths of our universe as well as the very minute strands of DNA and the even smaller particles that control our evolution.
    God will be seen less as a "being" and more of an energy that permeates the universe - not to create, control, punish and reward; but instead this concept of god will be recognized as a natural part of our universe. I, for one, believe it will be something amazing and life-giving.
    I think we will eventually give up the idea of a "savior" type god and start woking along side this energy to achieve incredible leaps in life's purpose and goals.
    I lament that I will not live to see it, but I have lived long enough to see astounding leaps in man's ability to hang in there and progress faster than at any other time in Earth's history.
    The last 100 years have been incredible. Just think of what it will be like 100 years from now!

5. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 8 years ago

I don't know, Grace, and I'm tired. Still, I happen to know that you are a nice person, and so perhaps I can refer you to my Hub: A Glance Into Sri Chinmoy's Vision of America. Many of this extraordinary man's vision on America is shared there, and you may find it useful. Come back to me if you need help. Much Love. -manatita
    P.S Austin Star's answer is a nice one. Life is evolution, movement. We sometimes move in a spiral, but we are not really going backwards. Hope this helps.

1. Austinstar profile image84
      Austinstarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, manatita I like that you said that we sometimes move in a spiral, LOL

2. manatita44 profile image72
      manatita44posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hey he. Chuckle, chuckle. Actually I stole it from Sri Chinmoy. After 33 years of the life of Yoga Philosophy, so much has stayed with me! Much Love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)