What is the meaning of life? There is many different ideas of what life after de

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Crystal M Doll profile image59
    Crystal M Dollposted 8 years ago

What is the meaning of life? There is many different ideas of what life after death is what yours?

There are so many different ideas of what happens after you die you become a ghost, you go to heaven, you just plain disappear.. what do you actually think happens when you die? where do you go? this is open please do not be rude everyone has their our beliefs.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12641894_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    thegeckoposted 8 years ago
  3. profile image50
    jisorenaposted 8 years ago

When you die there are two places that you could possibly be
    Its either heaven or hell. It depends.. if you believe and accept Jesus as your saviour  you will be save but if you choose to do your own way then its really up to that person.

1. profile image50
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

4. TristanDoes profile image60
    TristanDoesposted 8 years ago

It is nearly impossible to not offend peoples' views when answering this question. I have no idea what happens. All I know is that I am 23, and I wish I could just not age for a good 50 years, and then just sort of die. That whole aging thing seems awful.

1. profile image50

I'm 65 but feel like 30!  The only time I remember my age is when I look into a mirror & ask "Who is that?"  Aunt is 102 yrs old w/no problems but arthritis!  Believing (let me restate) Living according to His Word gives longevity!  Not Bad!

5. johncypia profile image59
    johncypiaposted 8 years ago

some people who have nearly faced the death and survived tell of a many stories related to their belief. eg. seeing the stairs as seen here. meeting bearded man ....as  if he says u are the wrong person....
    even extra sensory perceptions at the time of surgery are reported.
    so we need to still learn what is the truth.

1. profile image50

Scripture is TRUTH!

6. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

We have the answers available to us what happens at death. We are not left in the dark.
    Just as you would buy say a computer or device, you have a manual to go with it to teach you how to use and operate your item.
    We have had in our midst for centuries a manual as well, it contains our history , our plight, our future.
    Basically anything we need to know is there.
    So your subject is about death.
    First death happen to humans based on rebellion of one law, simple do not take or eat of a tree belonging to The Heavenly Father.
    They listen to the betrayer of Satan a rebel Angel.
    So satan was the Father of the lie, God Jehovah is our
    Father  of truth.
    So the truth prevailed.  All humans die because it spreaded genetically.
    But there was a cure worked out for their children , us.
    The cure would be to buy us legally with a value.
    His First creation an Angelic Prince. Also known Micheal ,Jesus, and the word ended up being the value paid in our behalf.  So we can continue to live.
    Simple death as the bible says is the wage paid for sins, when a person dies his dept of sins has been .
    His slate is clean.
    So under the paid price of his son his death paid for many who will never die, because he tasted death for many.
    So the scriptures that prove this starts is at
    Ec 9:10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

Ro 6:23 For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ec 9:5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.

There is a return of many who are sleeping in death
    A resurrection will take place.

Joh 5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice
    Joh 5:29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
    The earth must be cleaned first , homes built, to welcome back .
    To conclude , As written as we live many will live again.
    Isa 26:19“Your dead will live. My corpses will rise up. Awake and shout joyfully, You residents in the dust! For your dew is as the dew of the morning, And the earth will let those powerless in death come to life

1. profile image58
      firework23posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes you go somewhere when you die. I died and went somewhere. You don't sleep from my experience. I just wasn't aware of my identity. I was brought back by the Precious Right Hand of God. This is what led me to follow Christianity. It was amazing.

2. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Tamara you were never dead in a deep coma, Notice
      Ec 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
      You have no memory when dead.
      You remember

3. profile image50

K&T: According to Solomon but tell GOD this (I Pet 3:19) or He made a trip "unnecessarily!"

You've used "out of context!" Ec 9:5 means one cannot add or take away fm their belief or unbelief! Upon death, your deeds r closed! Then, judgment!Heb9

4. Kiss andTales profile image61

Norine how is it you jump to Solomon , old testement you do not recognize,  to Peter, you are very mixed up. All scripture are put togather under the Authority of our Heavenly Father.
      What Jesus said to the demon Angels and satan has no connection.

5. profile image50

K&T: What demon angels or satan? Ur mixed up! Solomon was a "man" who preceived what life after death is like.  They do "know nothing" to add or take away fm their deeds or belief but not spiritually dead!  Who told u I don't recog OT? II Tim 3:1

6. profile image0
      snapcracklepopposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely agree with you K&T....Great scriptural comment. Thank you for bringing out those spiritual truths. You have said everything that I would have said. (1st Corinthians 1:10)

7. profile image50
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I Cor1:10 does show u & K&T agree in error. Ecc was written by Solomon & u & she don't KNOW! Ecc/Prov written fm "man's" perception! If NO LIFE after death why K&T look for "new heaven&earth" if DEAD (spirit)? Flesh DEAD;not S

7. Michael-Milec profile image62
    Michael-Milecposted 8 years ago

Every single person has a 'unique' mission in the body while here on the earth. We have to discover '' why" am I here, to know the Creator's will and fulfill it, since no one else would  have the same assignment; then, when a time  will come to leave the earthly body, we would be call back where we came from.
    This isn't my "idea' it is the truth of spiritual eternity.

1. profile image50

This is TRUE Michael!

8. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12383529_f260.jpg

The meaning of life is different for so many people.  There are some who strongly believe that the purpose of life is to learn life lessons and to evolve from there.  Others maintain that life is a gift which is to be used and love passionately and achieve one's utmost fulfillment/human potential.  There are those who strongly assert that life is supposed to be preparation for the afterlife.  A subset of such people maintain that life is supposed to be based upon suffering, sacrifice, and even self-denial in order to reach heaven or a higher spiritual consciousness after death.

The afterlife is also different for many people.  There are those who maintain that there is either evolvement to a higher state of consciousness or devolvement to a lower state of consciousness, depending upon the type of life lived.  Others because that all consciousness dissolve after physical death.   There are those who believe that the death is not the end and that there are chances to reincarnate until the soul reaches a perfect state and does not have to reincarnate anymore.  Many people believe that souls go to heaven for entire reward for a good life while others go to hell for entire punishment for a less than positive life.

1. profile image50

K&T: Look how Michael describes himself in Joshua 5:13-15! "...captain of the host of the LORD..."

9. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12642820_f260.jpg

No one knows the meaning of life, or if there is actually a meaning in the first place. Scientists can only speculate as to why life happens. If there is a method to utilize in navigating the meaning of life, then it has yet to be discovered.
    But to just make stuff up, or try to find meaning in ancient holy books, is no way of moving toward finding ANY results. This is actually a way of copping out, and giving in to the ignorance and ancient superstitions of long dead primitive humans, and their ignorant and unscientific view of reality.
    I don't know the meaning to life, or if there IS a meaning...nobody does.

1. Kiss andTales profile image61

getit why is it that you speak for yourself as this applies to all humans based on your experience.  This is not so, I do not have a Rolls-Royce but is that the experience of every human no!  You say no one knows the meaning , wrong ! You do not know

2. profile image50

Yes, no BODY does but GOD (SPIRIT)!!

10. profile image50
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

K&T:  All Scripture is inspired by God, but not all Scripture is "revelation" from God as in Ecclesiastes!  Solomon “perceived” Scripture and events “under the sun” and afterlife in this Book!  Your reference to God saying Ecclesiastes 9:5;10, is what Solomon (man) “perceived” for he continues to say “I considered in my heart…” (perception),  throughout the Book!  If the dead “…know not nothing…” why would Jesus go into grave and speak to prisoners (I Peter 3:19)?  Why would the rich man (Luke 16:24) find himself in hell and ask Father Abraham to “…send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame?”  Did Jesus LIE or does your bible say differently?   

Yes, Ecclesiastes 9:5; 10 says we cannot add or take away from “our actions” through belief or unbelief, but we will ALL “Stand before the judgment seat of Christ” (II Corinthians 5:10; Romans 14:10-12) to be judged; therefore, “Slate is not clean!”  If we confess our sins, “repent” and live “After the Cross,” (Galatians 1:6-9), THEN Isaiah 43:25 and Hebrews 8:12 becomes effective and “He will remember our sins no more.”  Remember II Timothy 2:15?   “RIGHTLY DIVIDE HIS WORD!”   

Angels were created before creation of the world and man!  Archangels were given to protect us according to Exodus 14:19 “The angel of God!”   Nowhere in Scripture does it say that an Archangel was God (aka JESUS; John 1:10; Revelation 1:8 + MANY more!) only created by Him (Isaiah 45:5-7)! 

There were seven archangels and only two “named” in Scripture but the seven are mentioned in Revelation!   Michael was the Commander of ALL angels or the “Chief Angel!”  Did you not see his role in Daniel 12:1?  He will “stand up for the children of thy (God’s) people…”   We also have “guardian angels” protecting us as did the Children of Israel! 

Jude 1:9:  Why would Michael “dare not to make an accusation against Satan,” but said, “The Lord rebuke thee” if he was the Lord? (Philippians 2:10-11 says in part the “Lord” Jesus Christ!” 
    JESUS is GOD!     

Crystal:  Now, the answer to your question is in I Thessalonians 4:13-18!  Notice Verse 16 “…with the voice of the archangel…” but it’s “the voice” of an archangel, for Scripture says, “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with “the voice” of the archangel…”

1. Kiss andTales profile image61

Norine what you are not understanding and I will give you and example all scriptures are inspired by God, all not some,  when we write hubs on subjects we include data based on experiences,  based on others knowledge and experience
      But still Author

2. profile image50

"Inspired" means influenced as in how one preceives GOD and "his" (man's) understanding of Him! 

Again, if dead "knows nothing," why did Jesus make that unnecessary trip (IPet 3:19)?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)