What right do we have to judge either it be in a church or in the world what mak

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Matthew Harvey profile image60
    Matthew Harveyposted 8 years ago

What right do we have to judge either it be in a church or in the world what makes you have the rite

2. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12718871_f260.jpg

We live in an era where having an opinion is seen as judging.
    Everyone of us has our own "check list" of what we consider to be good or bad. It's always been that way and always will be that way.
    There has never been anyone who has walked this planet who was "universally loved" by all. Even Jesus the purported son of God was crucified while mainly preaching love and forgiveness!
    People are entitled to their opinion as long as they don't discriminate or attempt to keep others from enjoying the freedom to pursue happiness.
    What I've come to realize more and more people are opting to look at people who are looking at them instead of focusing on their activity.
    When I was in several interracial relationships I never made it a point to observe if anyone might be disapprovingly staring. I didn't care!
    When one learns to stop caring what other people think they're free!
    Not everyone is going to approve of you but then they don't have to.
    Life is a (personal) journey!
    The world may not owe you anything but you owe yourself the world!

1. Rich kelley profile image61
      Rich kelleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Why the qualifiers on "People are entitled to their opinion"?
      You don't mean it if you have conditions on their opinions. If my opinion upsets you that is your problem, like you said "I don't care". Obviously you do when it suits you.

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You see guys, NONE OF THIS would exist "IF" we were all ON ONE ACCORD, "IN CHRIST!"   
      I'm Praying!

3. Anna C Taylor profile image87
    Anna C Taylorposted 8 years ago

My general philosophy is I'll respect your opinion as long as your opinion doesn't disrespect my existence.

I don't really think anybody has a right to judge anybody. But people are judgmental or things they don't understand. And, as many people will argue, they have a right to their opinions. That is, as long as they don't use their personal beliefs to try to change how others live their lives.

You have a right to your beliefs. You don't have a right to slander someone or try to change how they live their lives.

1. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

AA-  your answer is totally contrary to scripture, is a doctrine of man and totally contrary to scripture.    you are correct it is philophy.    but this is the Christian section.    see below

2. Anna C Taylor profile image87
      Anna C Taylorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

He said in the church or in the world. I am part of the world. I am (happily) not part of your church. Catch the in the world part. He is not limiting answers just to scripture.

3. Matthew Harvey profile image60
      Matthew Harveyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

God did say judge them by there fruit and jesus also said he without sin cast the first stone which in my eyes means judge the fruit you have bared before you judge someone else

4. celafoe profile image55

a   I guess I should have added,  point that I take for granted that so many do not understand.    A Christian is to always judge according to scripture with the end result expected to be redemption not as the word judges to condemn

5. profile image52

AA: " You don't have a right to slander someone or try to change how they live their lives."  WDJD?

4. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 8 years ago

we have a scriptural OBLIGATION TO judge anything and anyone PROFESSING  to be Christian.     Scripture says we are to judge them by THEIR FRUIT.     If they are doing  or teaching things that are clearly against scripture then they are giving us that right.
    Jesus tore up the synagogue because they were doing things they should have know not to do.   (allowing the defilement of the temple by the presence of the money changers tables.

and Jesus also said he who is with out sin cast the first stone so you need to judge your own fruit before judging others

2. celafoe profile image55

agreed

3. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77
      wba108@yahoo.composted 8 years agoin reply to this

The catch is in 1Cor 2:15 that qualifies who is to judge, " HE WHO IS SPIRITUAL" . The problem is those who judge with the natural mind rather than the mind of Christ.

4. profile image52

Right wba & is why I again say "Judge "RIGHTEOUS" judgment which can ONLY be done with HIS WORD!

5. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77
    wba108@yahoo.composted 8 years ago

In context the bible doesn't say not to judge, it refers to not making an unrighteous judgement.

There are numerous references to Christians about making judgments:

1 Cor 2:15-16 NKJV
    "But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.  For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ."

1 Cor 6:2 NKJV
    "  Do you not know that the saints will judge the world?"

1 Cor 5:12-13 NKJV
    "  For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?  But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

1. profile image52

Amen! WHO is "righteous" to  "judge" but the LORD? Jn 1:1 says "..and the WORD "was" GOD."  Therefore, if one "judges" w/o using HIS WORD= "unrighteous judgment"=SIN! 

"RELIGION" has taught most to be "religiously correct" & not "offend!" WDJD?

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

Saints are righteous also, because the blood of Jesus covers our sin.

3. profile image52

Wba:  "Saints" KNOW if GOD didn't say IT, it's a LIE & ONLY use God's Word when judging r only THEIR opinion! We do "forget" s/t=sin!  None perfect!  Why important to "judge righteously" which is ONLY W/HIS WORD!

4. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

Didn't Paul call the believers Saints. Doesn't the scriptures say that we are righteous in Christ? And also isn't it possible to speak the word of God without the heart of God? ie. The Sons of Sceva

5. profile image52

Wba: MUST b "IN CHRIST" (WORD)! Believing & having faith! ANYTHING otherwise is NOT OF CHRIST! Saints KNOW WORD! Yes, possible but Holy Spirit "DISCERNS" evil "If Christ dwells in one!" Satan knows WORD too, why so many "twisted" (Prov 14:12;16:2

6. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

Are you equating the word with the bible? What about John 21:25, its says that the whole world couldn't contain all that Christ did? Is that also included in the word?

7. profile image52

Wba: Although EVERYTHING not included, we get the geist of the bible re:judging!  WORD=GOD SAID=RIGHTEOUS (JUDGMENT)! " GOD JUDGES" means what HE SAID IN WORD!  IF HE SAID IT, IT'S TRUE, THEN TELL OTHERS WHERE THEY ERR (JUDGE)!
      Isaiah 58:9!

8. wba108@yahoo.com profile image77

Isn't a relationship with Christ more than just knowing the bible? The Pharisees knew the word of God without knowing the God of the word. Therefore their judgments were not from the heart of God.

9. profile image52

wba: Did WORD not say SATAN KNOWS WORD too (paraphrasing James 2:19)?  Why MANDATORY Matt 6:33 "Seek ye FIRST the KINGDOM OF GOD(Holy Spirit)&HIS RIGHTEOUS (WORD)..." to equip self w/Discernment of spirits 2 KNOW 'wiles of the devil" (2 Cor2:11)!

6. SpiritusShepherd profile image61
    SpiritusShepherdposted 8 years ago

In 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 Paul says, "For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges."

Jesus says in Matthew 7 "“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you."

Viewed in context Paul is addressing those within the church who are acting immorally (when you read 1 Corinthians you see the issue concerns a church member who is sleeping with his mother-in-law) the act of "judging" this person is meant to show him that what he is doing as wrong and bring him to repentance. Only then will he be allowed back into the church fellowship.
    This style of "judging" should follow Jesus' instructions in Matthew 18 to first confront the person privately, then if they do not listen to bring it to the notice of the church, if they still refuse to listen they are to be removed from the fellowship. But the idea is for it to always be done in love and with the intent of bringing the person to repentance.

When Paul says he does not judge those in the world, he means that it is not his place to judge those who are not apart of the church. He has no authority over those in the world, only those within the church. Only God has the authority to judge those in the world.   

When Jesus instructs us not to judge he is referring to "self-righteousness" (I believe this is the type of "judging" many people are referring to when they say the church is judgmental) it is the idea that we are more righteous than someone, because we do not commit or do not struggle with the same sin they do. He goes onto say, "Why do you pay attention to the speck in your brothers eye when you have a plank in your own?" Meaning, "why do you look down on your brother for his sin, when you hide a sin that is much worse?"

We are to judge, that we may remove those harmful to fellowship, lest the sheep be led astray.
    We are not to judge people in a way that makes them question their salvation or makes them feel like an inferior Christian.

great answer

2. profile image52

"...But those who are outside, God judges." WORD is God!  How will they ever know if we don't tell them WORD?  Will we just "leave them alone?"  Our generation=Is 59:8!

7. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

I am so tired of "twisted" RELIGIOUS thinking and the misuse of Matthew 7:1, having to listen to "believers" say "Judge not, that ye be not judged!"  Did the Scripture not say, "YOU" "Judge not..?"  How can one IF they use WORD?  Did not Scripture say {paraphrasing} "..man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of  God?"  (Matt 4:4)

God "EXPECTS US TO JUDGE!"  Ps 37:30 "A righteous person speaketh wisdom and his tongue talketh of judgment.  How can one hate the evil and love the good if you refuse to judge?  You can't!  You are SINNING when you refuse to judge. 

Everyone is so "Religiously Correct" today, they defy Scripture!  Our generation as is stated in Isaiah 59:8 "The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace."  Appeasing each other, not offending one another is SIN!   

If judging people is wrong, how can we obey Romans 16:17-18? II Corinthians 6:17? II Timothy 3:5-6? I John 4:1? If judging is wrong, then God has contradicted Himself!

What about Revelation 2:2? "I know thy works and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, AND HAST FOUND THEM LIARS"  How do you "find one a liar" without judging?

One Should remember God's Rules for Judging:  Judge w/WORD (Is 8:20), Don't judge when WORD is silent (Col 2:6), Pray for Good Judgment Ability (Jm 1:5), Don't Respect Persons (Prov 24:23; Is 42:1, 19:21), Judge in Truth (Jer 5:1), Judge Mercifully (Matt 7:2;Gal 6:7-8), Judge yourself (I Cor 11:30-31; Matt 7:4-5).

GOD IS TIRED of "twisted" interpretation of HIS WORD by RELIGION!  Satan has interpreted HIS WORD to say "Do Not Judge" and Believers continue to follow "AS SHEEP LEAD TO SLAUGHTER" rather than "STUDYING HIS WORD!" 

Just another way for SATAN to use his GREATEST DEVICE (RELIGION) to lose souls!

1. profile image52

CHARLIE: "we have a scriptural OBLIGATION TO judge anything and anyone PROFESSING to be Christian." Did JESUS not judge the Scribes & Pharisees?  Were they "Christian?"  By WORD," Jesus tore up the synagogue.." you contradict! 
      ALWAYS ask "WDJD?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)