jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

What practicing Christian can claim that some people are "irredeemable"?

1. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 17 months ago

What practicing Christian can claim that some people are "irredeemable"?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12205356_f260.jpg

2. Ericdierker profile image59
    Ericdierkerposted 17 months ago

This would have to be someone who is totally unaware of the difference between natural and supernatural. The same kind of person that thinks that guidance from the Bible apply as rules for God. I can only shake my head. Even my 6 year old understands these concepts.

1. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 17 months agoin reply to this

IGNORANCE of the "law," is not excuse is it Eric? So it is w/GOD!  I'm sure ur 6yr old knows that too!
      WORD is there & procedures to "speak w/HIM" & is NOT LIMITED to anyone! 
      REPENT & "STUDY" are u will be LOST (Jn1:1;Heb3:19)!

3. LoliHey profile image57
    LoliHeyposted 17 months ago

No one irredeemable.  Jesus died for everyone.  All of us were irredeemable until He died on the cross. People are misinformed and think they can decide other's fate.

1. profile image58

ONLY "continuation in Unbelief" makes one "irredeemable" (Heb 3:19)!  NO ONE can "decide another's fate, ONLY the WORD of GOD!
      Great Response!

4. profile image58
    Norine Williamsposted 17 months ago

It's funny how "proclaimed" Christians don't care what is in the Bible!  John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD "WAS" GOD!"  II Timothy 3:16 witnesses this Scripture by saying "ALL Scripture is inspired by GOD..."  so why then do they THINK the WORD is NOT GOD who speaks to us through Bible (Acts 1:2)?  Many don't believe John 14:26 which says HE "will lead and guide us into ALL truth" but feel the Bible has been tampered with and is NOT GOD'S WORD!  WOW!  Did they forget to "WAIT" (Acts 1:4) for the HELP Promised in John 14:26?  Did HE not tell us that "We must be born again" (John 3:7) in order to acquire the "Communication Line" (aka Holy Spirit) with HIM (Acts 1:2)?  What kind of "Christians" are these who DO NOT "BELIEVE" HIS WORD (Hebrews 3:19) and HE can do what HE said HE would do?

I can not find but two Scriptures that says "non-redemption" if one does not "Repent!"  Mark 3:29 "But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Spirit hath never forgiveness, but IS IN DANGER of eternal damnation."  This Scripture does not say "will receive eternal damnation" but "is in danger of eternal damnation;" therefore, one must "REPENT" before GOD and man of blasphemy which is "profane talk" against God or sacred things!  Therefore, one should be very careful, when judging another (Giving one's opinion), that they are NOT of GOD without giving Scripture to back up their belief!  When you see one defying Scripture, give WORD to "PROVE" GOD didn't say that but don't fly off the top of your head and say "You are the Antichrist and NOT of GOD!"

The other Scripture can be found in Hebrews 10:26 which says "For if we sin "willfully" AFTER that we have received knowledge of the TRUTH (Which I give; WORD for ALL to "STUDY"), there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins! "  Verse 29 says "Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, WHO HATH TRODEN UNDER THE SON OF GOD, AND HATH COUNTED "THE BLOOD" OF THE COVENANT, AN UNHOLY THING, AND HATH DONE DESPITE UNTO THE SPIRIT OF GRACE?" Verse 31 says "IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD!" 

People, I tell you when "YOU JUDGE," (Which means not giving HIS WORD but YOUR OPINION of one!), you stand in danger of eternal damnation! 

Verily, verily, I say unto you, you are standing in danger of eternal damnation!   

It would behoove ALL to "STUDY" before you speak which could be in violation of GOD'S WORD!  Scripture is there!

1. LoliHey profile image57
      LoliHeyposted 17 months agoin reply to this

We're supposed to judge righteously.

2. profile image58

The WORD of GOD is the ONLY TRUTH (Prov30:5;Jn17:17;Ps33:4) & HE is not man that HE should LIE (Num23:19)! Tampering HE will "reveal" IF one has "WAITED" (Acts 1:4) for the HELP of the HOLY SPIRIT (Jn14:26) who "leads & guides into ALL truth!

3. Perspycacious profile image81
      Perspycaciousposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Where I come from I was taught "Judge not, lest ye be judged." There is only one Righteous Judge and that is probably so because only He knows everything about us and our intents in all aspects of our lives.

4. profile image58

Mr Demas do u believe "the WORD is GOD" speaking? Then blv: Ps 37:30; Amos5:14-15;Is59:8;ICor1:10;6:1-5;2:15;Rm16:17-18;2Cor6:17;2Tim3:5-6; IJn4:1;Mal3:18Rev2:2;Jn:7:24(w/WORD);Jer5:1;IPet4:17! How can one "REBUKE" (Lev19:17)if no judgment w/WORD?

5. Perspycacious profile image81
      Perspycaciousposted 15 months agoin reply to this

My faith teaches "Judge not lest you be judged."  There is only one righteous judge, and we will all stand before Him with Christ as our advocate.

6. profile image58
      Norine Williamsposted 15 months agoin reply to this

"Your faith" DEFIES all of those Scriptures given? 
      Matt 7:1 is an "imperative sentence!" 
      Mr. Demas, If "your faith" defies that many Scriptures, you need to "examine your faith" (II Cor13:5)!
      And don't think there r 2 Gods either but ONE SPIRIT

5. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

If someone sins / commits crimes and continues to do so despite attempts to end the behavior, you can say "I give up, you can't change".
    There is no obligation to continue to bang your head against a wall, especially if you can redirect those resources to help others who may change or need help from a temporary crisis.

1. LoliHey profile image57
      LoliHeyposted 17 months agoin reply to this

People might do that.  But God is different.  He never gives up until you die,

2. Ericdierker profile image59
      Ericdierkerposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Tamara, political craziness aside, your comment made me think of HRC. I cannot judge her, but lack of repentance seems kind of obvious in the honesty area. We are only irredeemable if we fail to try to do better in a conscious deliberative manner.

3. profile image58

Amen Lolita! U r closer than MOST to GOD! Thk YOU JESUS!
      Eric, GOD is a "heart" GOD who HATES "lip service" (Matt 15:8)!

6. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 17 months ago

It would depend on what you mean by "irredeemable"? Do you mean by society or by God when you say "irredeemable"? Some people will never bow to the will of society, and society will give up on them as irredeemable. However, a true Christian believes in deathbed confessions of one's sins and acceptance of the Holy Spirit, or at least the religion I grew up in believed in that. Under those conditions, no one, including the worst of murderers, is irredeemable in the eyes of that Christian.

1. profile image58

TRUE!
      Is 55:8 "Our ways r not GOD'S ways!
      Exd 33:19 Rm 9:18 "GOD have mercy on whom HE pleases!"
      Rm 2:16 GOD is the FINAL JUDGE!

7. profile image62
    peter565posted 11 months ago

According to the bible, if u are a girl and ur huband slap u around...u would go to hell if u don't put up with this bull shit. It is a f***ed up religion

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … e-to-women

working