Does one have the right to changer his or her gender?

Jump to Last Post 51-61 of 61 discussions (458 posts)
  1. hakeem122 profile image53
    hakeem122posted 8 years ago

I think that this is not right because this body does not belong to you to change it but it belongs to the Creator .... God has given it is to keep it look aright. This is a distortion of human nature.

1. tsadjatko profile image65
      tsadjatkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well said.But see u would make an exception if a birth defect,like a cleft pallet for example or other birth defect&so the proponents of this mutilation claim their genetically correct physiology is a birth defect just to get what they want

2. hakeem122 profile image53
      hakeem122posted 8 years agoin reply to this

In such circumstances ... totally agree with you

2. profile image58
    Leon1345posted 8 years ago

I would say if a homosexual person changed his or her gender so he/she would be a heterosexual person that would be fine.

3. profile image0
    Abhimanyu gaurposted 8 years ago

I do not know about society but god made you a boy or girl for a reason. Even after giving it some serious thought still if someone is more comfortable being something else then maybe you should do it. It is possible surgically and nothing in god's design happens without his will. I do not know whether it is a sin or not but it is possible and god knows that some people will have better lives if they change their sex. I do not know when was the first time a human felt uncomfortable with his or her gender and I can not say for sure that whether it is right or not but if you are more comfortable being something else then you should do it. God will understand why you did it and he knows more about you then yourself so I think yes people should do it but only when they are 100 percent sure.

1. Sgt Prepper profile image60
      Sgt Prepperposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is easier to change your mind and adapt to whichever sex you were born than try to change your physical appearance.  What a sick joke transgenderism is.

2. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So if someone came to you tomorrow and said there was a mistake and you were actually born female, you'd have no problem living your life as a woman?

3. tsadjatko profile image65

Oh so someone else makes that decision? Someone? lol "If someone came to you tomorrow and said there was a mistake and you were actually born female" I hope you'd tell them where to go and not start cutting off body parts lol

4. Aime F profile image70

"Chopping off body parts" trivializes the process.  It's not a person with a knife and a knee-jerk reaction to feeling feminine one day.  It's a surgery after a lifetime of feeling like they're in the wrong body.

5. Link10103 profile image62
      Link10103posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good answer Abhi.

6. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Aime, have a heart. Sgt has no problem livng as an ignoramous, I hope UR comment is other than how it reads.I firmly challenge "someone" to suggest that my female gender was a "mistake." Or could I have been this lucky?? I think I'll keep it!

7. tsadjatko profile image65

Excuse meAime,did I say chopping off body parts?I saidSTART CUTTINGoff body partsSTARTINGbegins with the thought&that is what you advocate,going under the knife.Astudy shows people who do that regret it&feel worse.HavingSurgery&u triviali

8. Aime F profile image70

My apologies. 

I don't necessarily advocate everyone who identifies as the opposite gender to get surgery. Not everyone decides to. But I think they should be able to make their own decision under the care of mental health professionals.

9. Sgt Prepper profile image60

And all male babies should be able to decide if they get circumcised. All you can really do is play the cards you've been dealt.  That male, or female, pelvic-bone isn't going anywhere.

10. Aime F profile image70

Paula- what?? Ugh. It was an attempt to say that if you were challenged to live happily as the opposite gender you felt you've always been you probably couldn't just "change your mind" and do it as Sgt suggests.

11. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, then I certainly interpreted it wrong.  It happens.  Sorry.  UR comment didn't seem to respond to preppers stupid remark.  This whole thread is rather out of the ordinary, don't U think?

12. Sgt Prepper profile image60

And now common sense is "stupid"?

4. profile image55
    Celashcoleposted 8 years ago

Yes, it is up to a person to decide what gender they will be, man or woman. Even if God disagrees with our choice, He gave us free will, a choice to do whatever we want, even if it is right or wrong. People have to make choices on how to live their life as it is THEIR life. God should not dictate the way you live, but should only influence your way of living.

5. delancooper profile image75
    delancooperposted 8 years ago

We have a freedom to choose as long as you are a good person. Gender is not important at all.

6. profile image49
    lewis121212posted 8 years ago

Definitely not God gives us a specific gender for a reason to love one another.

1. Link10103 profile image62
      Link10103posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Gender doesn't really have much to do with loving someone.

7. Cynthia Hoover profile image89
    Cynthia Hooverposted 8 years ago

I think this question poses another question, should one individual so easily question the choices of another? Even if you want to look at the religious aspect of someone choosing to be transgender there are many biblical quotes I could write that explain exactly why it is not our place to judge the actions of others. I have known many transgender individuals and I have to say they are the nicest and least judgmental people I have ever met. Christian values go beyond attending church on Sunday, you should love the sinner, not the sin. People should be a little more accepting of all those around them and love one another regardless of the path that they are on. I always wonder how a "good Christian" intends to help spread the word of God, if they limit themselves to only judging others, rather than getting to know more people in with which to share his word. Society could benefit from people taking a deeper look into their own lives, instead of looking so hard to find fault in others. I am sure there are Christian transgender people that struggle with their position every day, and could use the guidance of another Christian as they fight an inner battle of religious beliefs over the gender they feel they were meant to be. There are naturally born hermaphrodites, do you think God forever wants them to have both genitalia, should they not be able to choose one or the other? Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Well, unlike the transgender people, a hermaphrodite actually is the result of a birth defect, like Siamese twins or someone born with an extra appendage. Why wouldn't they have the right to choose if they so desired?

8. profile image53
    Hima Haridevanposted 8 years ago

Well, Its 'his' or 'her' gender as you put it!. Every thing changes with time. Be it, society or beliefs or God. It is just one little chromosome, if you can treat mutated cancer genes then why not gender genes?!

9. Steven Jeffers profile image59
    Steven Jeffersposted 8 years ago

This one of those topics that cause many arguments among people, but who am I to judge someone who decides to change their sex. I am a sinner just like everyone else, therefore, I have no right to pass judgement on other people. Sins on this earth will not go unpunished, but we do not know when or where. All that we need to do as Christians is to continue to pray for them, and let them know that we still care about them, and their soul. Prayer is the most powerful tool that we can use here, and powerful is an understatement of how good of a tool praying to God is.

Amen

10. profile image0
    JG Hemlockposted 8 years ago

They have a right to do whatever they choose. If they would like to mutilate themselves, that is their choice. But they do not have a right to make me or my children live in their 'delusions' with them.

I once saw a food server call  a man "Sir" while taking HIS order and this man caused a  huge s**t storm in our restaurant. Why? Because he was called 'Sir.' He had a 5 o'clock shadow, something that looked like smudges of eye liner and man boobs. He was wearing a tee-shirt and jeans. He looked like a MAN! But was angry to be called a man. He thought he was a woman so he felt as if he should have been called Mam. Yeah. Okay. Whatever. That poor server got in so much trouble from that freak of nature. They can be whatever they want but some of us are just not going to live in their sick little minds with them.

11. bradmasterOCcal profile image51
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

It may be more like, completing a gender change that was started by defective genes. It is not the same as cross dressing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)