Is there an app to record time and date for when every time your neighbor's dog

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 8 years ago

Is there an app to record time and date for when every time your neighbor's dog barks?

I want an app that so when I'm woken up by the neighbor's barking dog, I can click on it and show the cops.

With paper and pencil data gathering, you divide up the space on a piece of paper to represent discreet time segments, usually one-minute or five-minute intervals. Then, for each interval, you simply put one hash mark on the paper to represent each time the dog barked during that time period.

Once you have collected the data on paper, the judge can tell at a glance exactly how many times the dog barked, approximately how much time transpired between barks, and the time of the

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12991867_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    roobposted 8 years ago

Like the cops are going to just take your word for it. If the dog was truly a nuisance and barking, you would be able to call the cops over, then while they were there the dog would be barking. A dog can bark legally, it just can't be barking all the time.

ptosisposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's is what I've been told.  My answer is a copy to the local ACU and they called me back to say exactly what you said.

2. profile image0
      roobposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow... for once the cops are preaching common sense lol!(: Good for them.

3. ptosis profile image66
      ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Been recording and the dog only barks for at most 2 min @ a time but could be up to 12 times per hour.  They are bringing the dog in at night lately which is GOOD.

3. Aime F profile image71
    Aime Fposted 8 years ago

Probably not because that sounds a bit obsessive.

Out of curiosity, when does your neighbour's dog wake you up?  Have you talked to your neighbours about it?

Hell, yes a lot of people have moved out citing the reason is the dogs barking at night! Multiple times for prolonged periods. New tenants always comment on it, or be nice and ask neighbor to 'control their dog'.

4. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

ptosis.....Can we assume you've discussed this issue with the dog owner? If not, it may be a simple matter of doing so.  If you have & nothing has been done to attempt to curtail this barking, it's up to you to be creative.

Dogs bark.  There's only so much one can do about this.  If the owners refuse to allow the dog indoors over night, the poor dog needs love & attention.  You'd make noise too if you were left outside alone all night every night.

I take it you're a light sleeper.  My sympathies.  I would sleep through a bomb blast in my back yard.   Have you tried ear plugs?  Switching your bedroom to the opposite side of the house?

What do you hope to accomplish by having the police or courts involved? All they can do is possibly speak to the owners or the dog warden can fine them, I suppose.  Then you have "friction" with your neighbors.  Is this OK with you?  Would you feel good if the dog was taken away & placed in a shelter?  Most people wouldn't do such a thing.  Your decision.

The next time you go to a supermarket, go to the meat dept & ask the butcher for "doggy bones"  Most butchers have huge fresh bones for dogs that they sell very cheaply.  Bring this dog a big, fresh delicious bone.  He'll be so enthralled & occupied with chewing on this bone all night, you won't hear a peep out of him.  A few times & he may decide not to bark anymore.  I'm just trying to help....smile

I have got along with the dogs and personally ran over there when the man was trying to pull two pitts aways from each that a chicken wire  was breaking apart as they were locked jawed through the fence. not once, 2x, but 3 times.

5. Austinstar profile image83
    Austinstarposted 8 years ago

Get a video surveillance camera system from Amazon.com and point it at your neighbor. The camera will record video and sound with time and date stamps.
    It's the best evidence you can produce.
    It will also possibly record the reason that the dog is barking so much. Maybe there is something going on that you are not aware of?
    And do talk to the neighbor and offer some suggestions about how to care for their dog. If you don't want to talk to them, try mailing them information on dog care and ways to quiet a nuisance (barking) dog.
    Or have a lawyer send a cease and desist letter to get their attention.

I can tell by the different barks if it's people, javalina, coyotes howling is worse but it's not every night.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

These are great suggestions. If you have  already talked to the owners and looked for other solutions, it might be the way. Even better if other neighbors help. No one wants lose pets but they shouldn't be a general nuisance. Hope you find an answer.

3. ptosis profile image66

Yes voluntarily surrendered  pet under threat of fines is not the best way which is what happened last week when loose Pitt for the 5th time came over to same barking neighbor Pitt to fight through fence. Action forthcoming when sent the video to ACU

6. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12992529_f260.jpg

To answer others on this Q: If dog barks for 15 minutes every 1.2 hours and the police come over within a half hour after the dog barks: will I be accused of "false report to a peace officer." ? I do NOT want to use a pain compliance ultrasonic!

I and many other have complained repeatedly over the past three years over various violations that can be observed from outside the fenced area including but not all -  in regards to these unlicensed dogs:

Sufficient food on a daily basis that is free from contamination, sufficient quantity and of nutritive value to maintain the animal in good health.
        Clean potable water at all times, either free flowing or in a clean receptacle.
        Convenient access to natural or artificial shelter throughout the year.
        Medical treatment and care for debilitating injuries, parasites, and disease, sufficient to maintain the animal in good health.
        Molests, intimidates, or injures pedestrians or passersby
        Makes excessively disturbing noises like continued and repeated howling, barking, whining, or other utterances causing unreasonable annoyance

The following is the redacted CC email  to ACU
    If there is a better one than the following three then please send link to me. Thank you.

I am planning on using the first one, "Noisy Neighbor" because I just want to go back to sleep. I do not want to call at 2AM when I have to get up at 4:45AM because then that would just make the dogs bark even more and I will have even less sleep.  I just want to press a button and go back to sleep.  I'm hoping that ACU has a wireless battery operated unit that they can install on public property  (such as on a telephone pole at a height above vandalism reach at the park across the street) that would record anything above a certain dB level with length, time and duration. 

Is there is a high tenant turnover due to the barking dogs? Ask ### Apartments to log tenant complaints of barking dogs from next door at the corner of ### - address unknown.  Plus a log of all the people who moved away due to the chronic noise nuisance? You can include me on the later list. I don't want to move because of barking dogs because I have no way of knowing if I move to another place I could have more or different problems from neighbors.

Noisy Neighbour ( Google Playstore)

Noise Nuisance (not on Google Playstore - would have to accept 3rd party app  on phone and download from url)

The Noise App (app incompatible with my phone)

And that's just the start ..  White dog removed next morning when left over night w/o water outside w/o medical care after ACU came over about the dog fight the day before : https://youtu.be/r447fdbrfTs Read the full  description & comment

7. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Write it down on a note pad in pen. That's legally admissible in court.

ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm just going to give up and move somewhere else even though it will cost me money to do so.  I know I'm not the only one who complains. The Boxer was inside for 5 days - the place was so quiet! Then the next day - Boxer outside all night.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)