Would You Help/Save Someone You Don't Like?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image0
    roobposted 7 years ago

Would You Help/Save Someone You Don't Like?

If someone you didn't like needed help, whether it be life saving or just giving them a hand, would you do it? I don't mean saving them when you think they need help lol. I am talking about if they asked for help, would you be there for them? Or would you hold a grudge? Would your differences be put aside & if you did, would you be glad?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13014680_f260.jpg

2. Brinafr3sh profile image80
    Brinafr3shposted 7 years ago

I would rescue a person I don't like, because then it might show the Christ kind of love to someone that knows about the undeserving rescue. It's easy to save someone the we actually like, but it's very difficult to help someone you really don't like. But that's the only way to show that Christ's love lives on in true Christians. It's not about us, it's about Jesus.

1. profile image0
      roobposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the answer Brinafresh! I am a Christian too!

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 7 years ago

Yes, I would help someone I didn't like. To me not liking a person means I avoid their company, not that I have to be mean-spirited or cruel. Anyone I didn't like would probably feel the same toward me so for them to actually approach me for help would mean a very difficult situation exists and that isn't when you exercise ill will.

1. profile image0

Great answer Cecelia. Sounds like your a sweet reasonable gal!

4. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

Assuming they were in need of real help like a place to stay because they lost their home, or a recommendation because they lost their job, or something life saving... then absolutely, yes.

But if they needed help buying their coffee in the morning but forgot their debit card I might be snarky and say "too bad so sad." wink  Depending, of course, on why I didn't like them.  There are some people I don't like simply because our personalities don't mesh, but they haven't done anything wrong.  I'd still help them buy a coffee.  But there are people I don't like because I feel they're mean, rude, don't respect people... those are the ones I wouldn't feel inclined to do any favours for, unless like I said, it's something that they would suffer without.

1. profile image0

I totally get you... giving them what they deserve right? A taste of their own medicine lol. I might do that exact thing haha. I probably should kill em with kindness. There is something about that kind of stuff that can get to ur enemies even more

2. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends. Some people don't respond to that and will just take advantage of you. I think it's about reading the situation/person.

3. profile image0

Yeah you are right about that! I have had people who are just like that book... if you give a mouse a cookie lol. Maybe just give them the benefit of the doubt at first.

5. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

Yes I would help someone I didnt like in a critical life or death situation.

1. profile image0

What about if it wasn't life or death, like above when I said they dropped their wallet?

6. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 7 years ago

Help yes and have. Save is a different subject if meant is a life and death kinda' situation. Who would have time to think about such a thing. Perhaps I am thinking of the extreme like pulling someone from in front of a car. If meant would I be a white knight riding to the rescue then it depends on the situation and my circumstances.

Consider the position of a supervisor. If asked for help should the supervisor allow their like and dislike be the decisive factor? Having worked in that position I did not allow that to interfere, so helped people I did not like. It was my job descriptor to help. Of course we all are human and have faults reflected by behavior.

1. profile image0
      threekeysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To me? You were a good and just supervisor. If  anyone is graciously given a role to overseer others you need to separate your personal bias as much as you can. If you can't then give the decision to another to make. That is how I personally view it.

2. profile image0

Thanks for the answer Tim. I bet you would save me lol. Yeah I mean what if someone you didn't like dropped their wallet and was walking away, would you pick it up and give it back or just leave it? I would go get that dang thing & kill em w/ kin

7. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 7 years ago

Yes, because it is the Christian thing to do, and I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.  Also, I would want them to do the same for me.

1. profile image0

Nice answer Lolita. Long time no see lol.

8. profile image0
    roobposted 7 years ago

I would like to say I would help someone I didn't like... I would defiantly save them though lol. It is hard to not let someone get what they "deserve" in our minds. I am the kind of person with such a soft heart that I would probably get screwed over a ton of times before I gave someone a taste of their own medicine. Thanks for all the great answers people!(:

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)