If the presidential candidate you favor is not the winner, will you be able to "

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 7 years ago

If the presidential candidate you favor is not the winner, will you be able to "live with it"?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12136066_f260.jpg

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 7 years ago

What choice do we have? However, if Dumpy wins, I will treat him like republicans treated Obama: no respect, free to make fun of his kids and insult his wife. And if democrats in Congress obstruct every move he makes, I will say job well done.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Like democrats treated GW Bush.

2. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Like hell. Bush got all he wanted but privatizing ss. No one called him liar during speech. No none refused meetings w him. No one insulted Laura nor called his daughters dogs. And those of us who didn't like his policies were called anti american.

3. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

By all indicators, the American people thinks our country is heading in the wrong direction. Our economy is staggering. The world is plagued with violence and unrest. On top of that, our electoral process has given us two very flawed candidates. Out of 320 million people, can't we get a better candidate than a Clinton or a Trump? Our Congress has the lowest approval rate in history. Our Constitution is undermined by the current President and the Courts and Congress does not seem willing to challenge him even when it is their sworn duty. I don't have any confidence in our leaders right now. Either candidates, if elected, will bring us more pain...
    We need to clean house and implement term limits for all members of Congress. That would go a long way to fixing our broken political system.

1. junkseller profile image78
      junksellerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

People are perfectly free to choose good candidates. If They don't now, then the won't with term limits either. They'll just be flushing the toilet more often.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

People who are for term limits have never experienced the horrors of living under legislators, or in this case, congressmen, who don't know what they're doing. You think you have something to complain about now, move to my state!

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

junkseller
      This year both parties conjured the candidates they wanted to win the primary, and fought the people. Nested politicians are the ones that brought the country to its knees and then allowed it to hit its head on the bottom.

4. Perspycacious profile image63
      Perspycaciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I like junkseller's comment that term limits would mean we could "just be flushing the toilet more often."  Very Churchillian, but he got flushed, too!

4. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13071588_f260.jpg

Sure! Life is a (personal) journey.
    When you think about it no one should believe that someone sitting in the white house determines their happiness in  life!
    You have to take the wheel not be a passenger in your life.
    The world may not owe you anything but you owe yourself the world!

The gov is like a railroad, it lays the track and you go along where it takes you. Tell that last sentence to all the homeless in the US. It will have to be in person as they are not on the Internet, have TVS or newspapers.

5. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 7 years ago

Hi Perspy.....If the candidate of (my choice?) doesn't become POTUS, I'll HAVE to live with it.  Won't all of us?  Certainly there will not be mass suicide.  LOL
    Each individual who may be very disappointed in the ultimate result will need to learn to accept it and live around it.  Being stubborn or angry or unpatriotic will not make anything better.
    I've managed to survive and go forward despite a lot of obstacles and/or disappointments in life....(and in the world changes).   I can continue to do what's best for me, my family and in any way I'm able, for our country.
    First I need to actually have a "choice" of candidates, don't you think?  I don't believe I'm alone in being unhappy for various reasons with both candidates.  I'm disgusted this is what we're offered to choose from.  Is this really the best America has to offer?  Lord, I would hope not!!
    I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst and wishing all voters courage and common sense!    Peace, Paula

1. Perspycacious profile image63
      Perspycaciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How appropriate your comment from so long ago is to  today's America!  Let's hope we can all take it to heart

6. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

Do we have a choice? Sure, if you're young and educated, you can move to another country and become an ex-pat, but our number of illegal immigrants should tell you something about the allure of other countries. One trip to the Soviet Union in 1989 convinced me that we were living in the greatest country in the world, warts and all.

The differences are fading, and the greatest country is no longer at the top. Dubai and China have put technology to use in their transportation system. All we have is Acela&gridlock on the Ca hi speed rail. pol parties now dn give us cand choice

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, that's true. Also, it was brought out recently that China is buying out our major Hollywood theater chains and studios, and they will be in control of what movies that will be made for us to see. Chinese censorship at its finest..

7. profile image52
    frumpletonposted 7 years ago

I've been putting up with an idiot of a governor in Maine because everyone is afraid of him.  They won't impeach him and he refuses to resign.  So I am stuck with him for another 2 yrs.  If Trump becomes president -- at least I'm used to having an idiot in office.  I won't like it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)