Are you right or righteous?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Blessed Hill profile image60
    Blessed Hillposted 7 years ago

Are you right or righteous?

What do you think is more important for a follower of Christ to be, right or righteous? Why do you say this and what scripture do stand on to back it up?

2. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 7 years ago

As I've told ALL before, "I BELIEVE" every WORD of GOD and have "FAITH" in "EVERYTHING HE HAS SAID" and for that reason, the world is mine!  Thank you JESUS!

It's 3'Oclock in the morning, and that's when GOD speaks to me!  I opened the Bible to find the Scripture to answer your question and it fell on Hebrews 11:6 "But without "FAITH" it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to GOD must "BELIEVE" that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."  Hallelujah!  I praise you LORD!

In response to your question:  I feel that being RIGHTEOUS is more important as a follower of Christ.  Was HE not?  Are we not to "follow in HIS footsteps?" 

The Scriptures I stand on to back it up are Romans 3:22 "Even the righteousness of GOD which is by FAITH of JESUS CHRIST unto ALL and upon ALL them that BELIEVE: for there is no difference;" Romans 5:1 "Therefore being justified by FAITH, we have peace with GOD through our LORD JESUS CHRIST;" Philippians 3:9-14 "And be found in him, NOT HAVING MINE OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, which is of the law, but that which is through the FAITH of CHRIST, the righteousness which is of GOD by FAITH: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: BUT I FOLLOW AFTER, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of CHRIST JESUS.  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: BUT THIS ONE THING I DO, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those thing which are before, I PRESS TOWARD THE MARK FOR THE PRIZE OF THE HIGH CALLING OF GOD IN JESUS CHRIST! "   

Oh, stay with me JESUS!  Thank you JESUS! You said you'd "never leave me or forsake me" and I thank you!  Praise HIS HOLY NAME! 

I know MOST Hubbers think I'm "crazy," but to be "crazy" for JESUS - "I count it ALL joy!"  They see me as "aggravation!"  However, Hebrews 12:11 says "No chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." 

My desire is - "None is LOST!"

I give WORD and don't have to worry that I'm "RIGHT" for GOD'S WORD is "PURE" (Proverbs 30:5)!
    Blessings

Blessed Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Norine, those are the scriptures I stand on as well for the righteousness I have in Christ through faith. But I disagree with you concerning the chastening part. That's the Holy Spirits job. We to love sinners/backsliders as Christ did.

2. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When u "correct" (2 Tim 3:16) 1 w/WORD, not me BUT GOD "chastening!" WORD is GOD, not me!
      "There is no judgment (chastening w/WORD) in their goings" (Is 59:8)! How can 1 get IT right if no one tells (Rm10:14;Acts 8:26-40)?

3. Blessed Hill profile image60

Proverbs talks a lot about dealing with "fools". They don't receive correction, cause strife and division, quick to run after evil etc. So what is the use scripture bashing them. Some just won't listen until the Spirit draws them.

4. profile image52

Didn't Paul either write ltrs r return constantly 2 church 2 tell them of wrongdoings? As disciples, we should too (Acts 2:42;I Cor 11:1)!RE: "Works:"Abraham didn't "work" Spiritually (yet walked) when told to kill son! FAITH is our "works!"Rm8:8

5. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Certainly in all my years I have never heard of the Holy Spirit guiding someone to chastise and be mean to people through threats. That is not since John. And certainly the HS would not instruct one to make people hate Christians.

6. profile image52

Eric Religious organizations "tickle ears" to maintain! People have NEVER heard TRUTH! IT IS WRITTEN! Why don't u READ Scriptures when I give? R they "Christian" (Lk 6:46; Matt 7:23)? 
      "OBEY" WORD or HE'LL say "I never knew u!"
      Put "deletion" BACK!

7. Ericdierker profile image45

Council of Nicea. Not divinely or HS guided. Organization of priests. They decided what books to place in Bible. As many deleted as used. You follow what was determined by priests not guided by HS, What do you think of the book of Wisdom?

8. profile image52

See? U have not been "taught" the POWER of the HOLY SPIRIT Who tells of "additions/deletions!" Where have u heard of Moses & Paul comparison? I bet they "deleted" but HS "reveals" (ALIVE)!
      ALL Scripture "Inspired by GOD"

9. Blessed Hill profile image60

Nor: Yes, Paul wrote letters to rebuke, exhort & encourage the one's he lead to Christ and the churches he planted. They loved him as there own father. They gave him a right to speak. Until someone gives you that right you don't have one.

10. profile image52

What u on tonite? 
      No "man" gives another "man" the authority to speak WORD! GOD has given authority to ALL who BELIEVE HIS WORD(even you)! GOD wants disciples to "teach all nations" which means what IS WRITTEN!
      What made u say that? Satan?

11. Rich kelley profile image60
      Rich kelleyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Norine
      Your hissing like a snake is despiteful, deceiving, dogmatic and deranged. You need to learn to love the brethren and stop hissing at them.

12. profile image52

So say my kids when TRUTH is told!
      Rich, I never "noticed" this v (Acts 1:2) but GOD told me it was AFTER JESUS ASCENDED the HS (JESUS) told the apostles what to tell us for Salvation; especially Paul!
      HE IS REAL!

13. Rich kelley profile image60

Joh 14:26  But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will REMIND  YOU OF EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID. (You know the before the cross stuff)

14. profile image52

I want to call u the "N" word u speak so "IGNORANTLY" (world's perception) trying to defend ur "twisted" belief!
      Did HE not say "WILL SEND," so why was it "BEFORE ALL THAT "CROSS" STUFF?"
      You anger me talking about "THE CROSS" as if NOTHING!

15. Rich kelley profile image60

How does it feel to be angry? I'm only using (Scripture) just like you do. Perhaps seeing the antics you use on everyone being used on yourself might help you to change your approach? One can hope.

16. profile image52

Wouldn't "anger" me IF you knew how to "rightly divide" Scripture!  You quote Bible "OUT OF CONTEXT" not "IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER" & say ANYTHING like a FOOL 2 b correct!  "Add to or take away" (meaning too), ever heard of that? I can justify mine

17. Rich kelley profile image60

"I can justify mine"
      Says you. Right or justified is the question I guess we know your answer. (right)

18. profile image52

"MY "BELIEF!" Mine is from WORD which IS justified,been "rightly divided" & n "chronological order!" JESUS DIED, sent HS, spoke thru apostles, asked us to Follow them & u "MOCK!" 
      If u don't "REPENT" (Acts 2:38), u will be "ACCURSED" (Gal 1:

19. Rich kelley profile image60

Norine
      You do know that all of us that read the scripture know who the accuser of the brethren is, you might want to stop.

20. profile image52

IF WORD is given & you call WORD "accuser of the brethren," you are a blasphemer!

21. profile image52

GOD'S WORD is "accuser of the brethren?"

Where does that leave you making such a statement?

3. word55 profile image70
    word55posted 7 years ago

Mathew 6:33 Says, Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness... So, righteous is more appropriate.

1. profile image52

TRUE! 
      WORD, U have to CHANGE "your way of thinking" & obey the WORD of GOD! Because U've never heard TRUTH, doesn't mean U "throw it away!" As a follower of Christ, U MUST "Study" & "Search Scripture" to see if so" (Acts 17:11) for II Cor 3

2. Blessed Hill profile image60

Thanks, I agree. A "right" attitude leads to pride and strife. A "righteous" attitude through faith in Jesus Christ leads to humility and peace. That's how I understand it anyway.

3. profile image52

WORD: II Cor 3:18 says "CHG" not remain "complacent" n "teachings!"
      Blessed: Scripture is SPIRITUAL (Rm 8:8)! When 1 reads, "MUST" in SPIRIT (Jn 4:23-24)! "Works" r Holy Spirit's job!  Our job: FAITH (Heb 4:9-11)!

4. manatita44 profile image73
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

I do not usual use scripture, although I may quote others from time to time. I grew up in Christianity.

'Right' is a word closely aligned to morals, and 'righteous' to piety, sacredness, holiness...sanctity. Spirituality is above the moral law. Again, if we are always right, in a spiritual sense, then we are either Saints or on the verge on Sainthood. So the journey generally allows for error as that's how we learn to be stronger in adversity.

I am neither 'right' nor 'righteous' but I am a God-seeker with beginners mind. Eager to learn, to long, yearn, cry inwardly for a Higher or Greater Truth. Hope this helps.

1. Ericdierker profile image45

Cool

2. profile image52

As a "God Seeker," you use other means than the HOLY SPIRIT to get there, you'll find out, you sought the wrong god! 
      You "grew up in Christianity" & left to "use your own brain" which will send you to HELL (Prov 3:5)!

5. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

The two are not an either/or proposition. You can be both correct and moral, speaking the truth and on the right side of things regardless of the situation.
    I think your question rises for situational ethics, which Christians should mostly reject because EVERYTHING becomes acceptable when you say there are no absolute rights and wrongs.
    After all, most people doing evil have good excuses for it, even if it is "good = follow your heart, and this feels good".

That's a very good philosophical answer. There are absolute rights and wrongs or else we would never have definitive morals and values. But the grace of God makes us "right"  even when we are wrong which encourages righteous living.

2. profile image52

Eric: They need to know of GOD'S HATE as you would "hate" actions of your "prodigal son" which is not "hate" by man's definition!

6. Dr CHE Sadaphal profile image60
    Dr CHE Sadaphalposted 7 years ago

By my own merit, I am neither.

Being right to me means nothing if that fails to bring someone else closer to Christ. After all, there are many things that are lawful (and thus I may be "right") but that correctness is neither is profitable to others or builds them up. (I Corinthians 10:23).

I am not righteous at all. The only one who is righteous is Christ, and His righteousness is imputed to me (c.f. Romans 4:3, 5:17; I Corinthians 1:30).

1. profile image52

Yes, "by ur own merit" you r neither!" But thank GOD for HIS "GRACE" & "MERCY!" Rm4:3 U don't blv? 5:17 GRACE forgives! I Cor 1:30 WE R RIGHTEOUS (IF u BELIEVE)!
      If "imputed" then u R!
      I Cor 10:23 - Plant the seed is disciples' job GOD gives inc

7. Rich kelley profile image60
    Rich kelleyposted 7 years ago

1John 3:4-10  Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness. You know that He appeared in order to take away sins; and in Him there is no sin. No one who abides in Him sins; no one who sins has seen Him or knows Him. Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Answer: Righteous

1. Rich kelley profile image60

What you believe and receive determines if you are credited/imputed as righteous. Those that are redeemed practice righteousness.

2. profile image52

Amen! 
      Then you "practice" the belief of "AFTER THE CROSS?"
      Otherwise, "unrighteous" or "ACCURSED" (Gal 1:6-9)!

3. Rich kelley profile image60

1Jn 2:6  Whoever claims to live in him (Jesus) must live as Jesus did
      Mat 4:4  But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’”
      BEFORE and after the cross

4. profile image52

Rich, We now live under NEW COVENANT which JESUS sent Holy Spirit to HELP us! If u don't do as the disciples "AFTER THE CROSS," u r "ACCURSED!" Keep contents of Bible in "Chrono Order" & u'll see! JESUS (aka HS) "spoke thru apostles" (Acts 1:2)!

5. Rich kelley profile image60

Your ideas of scripture are the only thing that is  "ACCURSED!"
      Jesus is not 'aka' anything. Sending something in your name doesn't make you what was sent.

6. profile image52

Ur "trinity" mentality says otherwise (GOD=aka Father,Son,HS or 3 persons) when there is ONE SPIRIT in the GLORIES of aka WHATEVER;simultaneously in any place @ anytime!
      HE'S the Big O'S!
      If ltr sent n ur name it speaks for u! So, HS is as ltr(JESUS!

7. Rich kelley profile image60

Joh 14:16  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever,the Spirit of truth.
      Jesus asked, God sent, The advocate is not aka anything.

8. profile image52

Maybe if I speak to u "carnally" u'll understand!How can u limit "Smoke" that can manifest as the Big O?That same "Smoke" is n ALL of us who "Believe!" Why can't HE b Father,Son & HS simultaneously?"Smoke" can b anywhere/anyplace/same/anytime/for

9. Rich kelley profile image60

Smoke??????????????
      LOL there is a lot of that for sure.
      Must be good stuff your smoking.

10. profile image52

HE SAID IT & u MOCK HIM?  Jeremiah 23:24 "Can any hide himself in SECRET PLACES that I shall not see him (Cracks 2 as "Smoke!")? Do not I FILL THE HEAVEN & EARTH? SAITH THE LORD."
      U r in trouble Rich calling HIM trash ("good stuff")!

11. Rich kelley profile image60

You randomly select  scripture to suit your ideas and then accuse me of mocking? You truly are a deception.

12. profile image52

U still mock HIM! I've asked u to STUDY WORD re:Judging via googling "Is it Right to Judge?" & read WORD therein yet u continue to LIE & say not Saint's position to judge w/WORD! Although WRITTEN, u Mock HIS WORD!
      HP needs JESUS then "No pro

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)