Why it is SMART for those who have attained very high success levels CUT OFF fam

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

Why it is SMART for those who have attained very high success levels CUT OFF family members,

friends, & relatives who are unsuccessful & only associate w/those who are as highly successful as themselves?   Oftentimes, unsuccessful people are a drain on successful people emotionally, mentally, psychologically, & especially socioeconomically.  There is really nothing for the highly successful person to gain from associating w/unsuccessful people, so it is best to disassociate from such people.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9092951_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    felishiyafiammaposted 7 years ago

Reaching at higher level of success, welcomes in lots of responsibilities and challenges to sustain that position in the long run. With hell lots of competitors in the market, it is important to be fully concentrated on one's job and responsibilities to tackle every situation. So, according to me this is the reason for highly successful people to cut off with their family members. 
    And if we talk about unsuccessful people among friends and relatives, then it is not really difficult to ignore them.

3. profile image0
    threekeysposted 7 years ago

Grace it sounds as if life has been extremely good to you as it carries over in your pointed cold rudely put down tone in your questions.

I personally dont know how you can be so cocky.

With that being said yes...like minded people tend to hangout together. Yes if someone had less resources at their disposal compared to their family members they couldn't share in the same activities and therefore share common like experiences. So in terms of that I could intellectually understand how your hypothetical could arise.

You had better hope the tables don't turn on you Grace. With your arrogance you might just be left in the corner alone-never warmed to any surrounding hearts. Then lets see if you can "speak" (write) the way you do.

1. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I thought it was cold also to use people as objects & not as humans beings.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13121244_f260.jpg

Of course, it is the smart thing for highly successful people to cut themselves off & disassociate from unsuccessful family members, friends, & relatives.  Such people will allow drain highly successful people in more ways than one, especially socioeconomically.  It is not uncommon for unsuccessful family members, friends, & relatives to expect, even demand that highly successful people support them & bring them up to a higher qualitative living level.   

All of us have witnessed unsuccessful people looking at the lifestyle of their highly successful family members, friends, & relatives, oftentimes bemoaning their dire lifestyle.  Such members want the lifestyle of the more successful members of their families, friends, & relatives.  Not only do they want their more successful family members', friends', & relatives' lifestyle, they may even go so far to demand that the latter support them because they believe that the latter has the means to do so. 

The unsuccessful family members, friends, & relatives are envious of the lifestyle of the more successful family member, friend, &/or relative but refuse to improve themselves instead contending that it is the duty of the former to support them.  The highly successful family member, friend, & relative clearly aren't obligated to support unsuccessful family members, friends, & relatives although the latter believe that there is such an obligation. 

Many highly successful people rightfully disassociate, even disown their unsuccessful family members, friends, & relatives once they reach a high level of success because they know that these unsuccessful family members, friends, & relatives are toxic in more ways than one.  The former further realize that unsuccessful people whether they are family, friends, & relatives will drain them down emotionally, mentally, psychologically, psychically, & especially socioeconomically.  One can aptly state that to the average highly successful person, the unsuccessful person is a toxic psychic vampire to be avoided at all costs.

1. grand old lady profile image83
      grand old ladyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I understand toxic vampires, this is why I would limit help to just my family. Because I excuse them for their flaws and love them. But money is the best magnet for users. It always happens in showbiz. One must be wise.

5. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13121796_f260.jpg

Emotional vampires can be some of the most charming and successful people you meet. Men, women, beautiful, ugly, rich, poor, they come in many shapes and sizes. But they always create toxic relationships, both as romantic partners and as friends.

Grace in Q said "socioeconomically", as if family were employees to be discarded like dead wood.

Wow. that's cold. To put it in a better way;

"Clever or not, the intentional psychic vampire is usually arrogant. Extremely arrogant. It regards itself as being outside the constraints of normal society and sees nothing wrong in using others to achieve its goals because all that matters is its goals and the furtherance of itself and its sphere of influence" - Dr van NeĆ¼mig

It is perhaps you write so mean on HP Q&A's?

"Emotional vampires exhibit three specific traits simultaneously: an excessive need for validation/attention from others, the belief that little to nothing that occurs is their fault, and the lack of self-awareness to recognize their self-defeating patterns. " - Mark Manson

6. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

I haven't seen a blanket "you're unsuccessful, go away or I'll cut you off".
    I have seen successful people cut off the lazy who say "you have money, I don't, I don't want to follow your example, bail me out".

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Great answer, THIS is the answer I have been looking for.  Exactly, many unsuccessful people want the highly successful to financially support them & give them a BETTER lifestyle.  I have seen this firsthand. THANK YOU.

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"The Millionaire Next Door" talks about it as economic outpatient care, people who expect or demand financial assistance and become dependent on it.

3. profile image0
      threekeysposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Who is the "millionaire next door" you are referring to tamara?

7. grand old lady profile image83
    grand old ladyposted 7 years ago

When you have money, you get a lot of "friends," many of whom are insincere and want whatever they can get from you. I personally believe that if you are very rich, it's okay to help out your parents and immediate family, flaws and all, simply because you are a family. But beyond that you must be wary. Money isn't everything, it can also be a curse. Consider Doris Duke, everyone who became close to her used her for her money. A lot of celebrities end up getting older and older, and changing wives to  younger and younger versions. They actually believe in their own myths. But these young women use them for their money, and they don't take care of them in the way that old people need to be cared for, because they don't really love them. That's where a lot of old men fall short. They think they are in control, then when they are old and sick, they realize their mistakes. Real love is more important and valuable than money, and if you do have money, no matter if someone in your family never worked, they are family and it's okay to be kind to them. Because if you are kind, you will receive kindness. So much better than money.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)