The Past the Present,and The Future.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. JGutierrez profile image60
    JGutierrezposted 14 years ago

Hi to you all,I am new at this,therefore please allow me to introduce myself to you. My name is: Jorge Gutierrez. I am a Puertorican whom lives in New York City. I would like to write about religious things,and the belief that people have on them. As I write,I would be doing my best to bring forward biblical paragraphs which would prove what I would be writing about.

It seems to me that many people whom believe do so when something catastrophic happends to them in there life,mean while there mere believe its just a normal routine,a sunday meeting for the Catholics,or a two,or three days thing for some other religeous believers such as: Pentecostal,or evangelist Ect.ect. Now, well.What if I tell you that even those whom by going to church,and making in there own eyes a great sacrifice before there Lord,God, are not save? Well,I think you should believe that,why? I would proof to you why,and not by my words,but by the word of God himself.

I would be pointing out to you from both,the New as well as from the Old Testament of the Bible some Chapters and Verses please read them yourself. I would start from the New Testament:

Lukes Chapter 13 Vers.23,24. Book of Romans Chapter 9 Vers 16.
    The Old Testament: Proverbs Chapt.19 vers.21. also see Chapt.20 vers.24.

I am not a Christian,for I consider a Christian one whom acts,and do the things that Christ did,and niether am I a Religious Man,for I do not even visit a church,but what I'am is a mere believer in Jesus Christ thru the Grace of God,I'am just another sinner whom is always asking for forgiveness from the Lord bescause I do not even know when have I done something wrong,for we do wrong sometimes,and don't even acknowlegde that we have done something wrong at all.

I understand that there are many people whom do not know about the Scriptures,and because of that a lot of people fail to follow the things that God want from us to do,and follow. But no one can force anyone else to do something which they dont want to do,and that includes even making someone read something.

I have written these Biblical verses,now it is up to you whether you read them,or not.Going back to the topic.It seems that it have always been this way;That when we are put into distress then we look,and search for God,and I mean really look,and search for God.About this,I would write again some Biblical Verses,again it is up to you wether you would read them or not.

Psalms Cahpter 78 Vers.34to 39. Book of Judges Chapter 10 vers.10 to 16. II of Chronicles Chapt.12 vers.6.

What I have given to you hear are just a few examples of what I have been writing about,that when we are really put in distress then we really look to God for he may free,and save us,but meanwhile it seems that after everything goes well with us we forget over,and over again of God. I did not even mentioned here King Ezequias whom in the time of the Prophet Isaias made a prayer to God when he learn that he was going to die soon,and God heard his prayers and added to him Fifteen years to his life,that is written in: Book of Isaias Chapt.38.

I Know,and understand that today things are a bit different than what they were back then,in these days we have Televisions,radios,computers,and a great deal of electronics that make it in some way kind of hard for someone to truly follow God (JesusChrist).But even that it is not an excuse for not to do the Right thing,and keep him in Mind at all times.

I hope that by what I just have finish writing here,some of you may think a bit more about he whom do,and make everything possible.I'am not trying to convince anyone by what I have just wrote,but all I'am trying to do here is make you see,and understand that to me God is Real.

Thank you all for reading this my opening text.May the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all,thank you.

Jorge A. Gutierrez

PS. Please forgive me if there is any word mispell since this is not my primary language,once again: Thank you very much.

1. atomswifey profile image57
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful
      and thank you for writing this smile

2. jacobkuttyta profile image43
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

I think you should create a hub insted of posting in the forums

1. UpHisAss profile image60
      UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, no. I think he should tell us what he thinks we should believe. It does not matter if this is offensive to people who do not like being told what others think they should do. They need to understand that this is the tRUTH.

I like it. Well done quoting the entire thing atomswifey.

Very good work. Excellent. Both of you.

1. atomswifey profile image57
        atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did you come in here not thinking you were going to read about someones beliefs under the subject of religion and BELIEFS? wow. lol ok then

1. UpHisAss profile image60
          UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No - this is the place to tell other's what they should believe.

I agree with you. I liked the quoting the entire thing also. Excellent work.

Why the hostility? I am agreeing with you. Good work.

3. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HP

Interesting read, but aren't you contradicting yourself??

"I am not a Christian,for I consider a Christian one whom acts,and do the things that Christ did,and niether am I a Religious Man,for I do not even visit a church,but what I'am is a mere believer in Jesus Christ thru the Grace of God,I'am just another sinner whom is always asking for forgiveness from the Lord bescause I do not even know when have I done something wrong,for we do wrong sometimes,and don't even acknowlegde that we have done something wrong at all".

A Christian and a Believer is the Same thing.

and at the end of your post you wrote:

"I'am not trying to convince anyone by what I have just wrote,but all I'am trying to do here is make you see,and understand that to me God is Real".

??

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol What do you expect ? big_smile

4. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

jorge,

as jacob suggests, write a hub.  it will be far more beneficial for you, less irritating for others, and everyone will sleep better at nite, if your good lord allows it.

also, religious comments (sermons) of this length (word count) are generally reserved for sunday mornings at 10:15 a.m.  please try to spread your word accordingly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)