Who Here Likes Affiliate Marketing?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Maira818 profile image71
    Maira818posted 14 years ago

I sure DON't

1. Dale Mazurek profile image62
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Would you mind me asking why you dont like affiliate marketing?

Maira818posted 14 years agoin reply to this

just because i find it hard to do. and that is it, sometimes i get frustrated try to make money, but fail over and over....

That isnt a reason to dislike it.  Affiliate marketing really is great once you learn what you are doing.  The problem is there are so many people out there who promise to show you everything just by buying their 97 dollar ebook and before you know it you have 1000s invested and are no further ahead with knowledge.

At first it definatly isnt easy but once you are on the right track it does get easier but the biggest thing is understanding it takes a lot of work and you wont see much money right off the start.

Sorry you dont make 50 000 over the weekend in your pajamas.

i think you are right!

2. jdmaffiliate profile image60
            jdmaffiliateposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah crap I just went out and bought new pajamas for this weekend

3. KevCC profile image73
            KevCCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can I make enough to buy some new pajamas? LOL

2. Matt Larsen profile image59
          Matt Larsenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To be honest with you Maira818, Affiliate Marketing (Aff Mktg)is an aspect of an Internet Business which is fraught with risks and rewards. I would classify Aff Mktg as a low-cost business, so the competition is fierce. Anyone with a few bucks to spare can enter the business.

There is a lot of hype and hoopla surrounding Aff Mktg. You have be practical and have realistic income projections. Your knowledge and tactics may be sparse.

If you need assistance in starting up and boosting your revenue, drop me a line and I can give you an non-partisan opinion.

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is your conception of affiliate marketing?

I started in what I imagine was a similar place as you, I looked at your manga site. My first online efforts were promotions for my fine arts and graphic design.

I learned about opportunities to profit from suggesting to my clients to use certain online printing companies to print my designs - that expanded to art supply companies, ebay related aff products etc., and eventually I was making more money from commissions in an easier and more creative way, than I was from actually designing busness cards, brochures etc..all the banal day to day stuff

Now I have worked at home for over a year, I pick and choose which income streams to develop as I feel, some days its developing a new website, others writing articles for money, other days hubpages..sometimes ebay sales..etc..

Affiliate Marketing is a very expansive term, because I have publisher accounts I sometimes make 20-50 a day on a single hub certainly not all of them) by having worthwhile and useful opportunities included with my writing

I think you should say what you think affilaite marketing is and what efforts you have taken, and then Dale, I and others who have has successes  may gladly make suggestions and criticisms - but for me what to write what has been successful, would be a much longer post than even this one

I will suggest making sure you know your lingo, making sure to have relationships w/ real pub networks and having web real estate outside of hubpages

good free training manuals and systems include

http://www.thirtydaychallenge.com/

shoemoney has an email training course that is free and good

http://www.shoemoney.com/

id like to think some of my hubs may be helpful as well

2. Laura du Toit profile image75
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

With your talent you don't need affiliate marketing but there are a lot of other people who rely on this type of marketing for an income.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

Actually affiliate marketing is an excellent way of making your income increase no matter how good your writing talent is, plus more often than not the links you post are very relevant to the subject you have written about. I guess it all depends on whether you are bothered about making a serious income, or just want to write for fun. (I only got into affiliate marketing very recently after a far more experienced friend of mine explained what a huge opportunity I was missing out on by not going down this route, you could see how frustrated he was by my initial lack of enthusiasm. He was right though, as within days of starting to post affiliate links I had gained nearly $50 of income that would have taken me months on Adsense alone).

then you are very lucky my friend, i have not had that luck or i maybe lacking some more knowledge on how to market.

Please tell me how long you have been marketing,  Better yet if you want to send me an email we can hook up and chat, dont worry Im not selling you a 97 dollar ebook either lol

been doing it for about over a year, and sure i want to hook up and chat.

Feel free to send me a message through Hubpages and we can go from there

4. swarnaw profile image60
    swarnawposted 14 years ago

Yes!! I lIKE

5. pageantgirl31413 profile image76
    pageantgirl31413posted 14 years ago

If someone has actually made money off of it, email me and tell me exactly what you did because I have tried and failed.

Well its not exactly easy to explain in a single email.  There are two types of affiliates.  The old boys club who call themselves gurus.  They all work together, share lists and take every last cent you have in the bank, and yes many of them make money like you wouldnt believe.

Then there are marketers like my self who will never be looked at as a guru and doesnt want to be looked at as a guru.  All I do is plug away, dont scam and make pretty decent money.

Anyone who does want to chat, no catch, can email me and I will chat through yahoo messanger and see what I can do to help.

Im not promising anything but I can take a look at what you have done and try and give you some pointers.

1. awsydney profile image60
        awsydneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dale,

I would like to take up your offer as well. Cheers and look forward to chatting with you!

6. steffer profile image61
    stefferposted 14 years ago

I love affiliate marketing
    I am now doing it for about 3 years, and took me almost 2 years before i got my 1st comission.

it is ever important to keep learning, trying and testing, do not give up!

I am not ready yet to quit my dayjob, but spend all my free time in this business, in the hope that in a year or 2 i will be able to work from home.

7. pisco profile image62
    piscoposted 14 years ago

It is a business like any other, most ppl find it hard at the start, because it takes hard work and discipline right from the start, but if you manage to stay motivated the income comes and grows.

I'm still in the starting point of one, and i'm starting to see a rise on income.

Just don't give up, is all i can say really.

8. stuart747 profile image61
    stuart747posted 14 years ago

I have given it a go but have not done very well, I'm sure if you know what you are doing it can be good money

9. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I enjoy affilate marketing.  It is the best way to make extra money.

10. lesterd2009 profile image61
    lesterd2009posted 14 years ago

Affiliate marketing has been great for me especially with hubpages, the conversion rate its amazing compare to other sites I use, seems like more people like to buy from HP than others, I managed to make over $500 a month from HP alone using just one affiliate network...I always share my methods that works for me with HP and make them into hubs.

11. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I've really tried as hard as is possible, but no show yet. I'm getting frustrated now but can't give up yet. Im probably doing something wrong, i don't know.
    Any hub that has good info on how to succeed with AM please?

12. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

You can make money being an affiliate. If you say you can't you just don't want to. It's that simple.

~thranax~

13. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

LOL - so you are recommending and promoting something you have not tried? Oh well, sounds about right for MLM. wink

14. forexprophecy profile image60
    forexprophecyposted 14 years ago

Well I agree with you. Its not everybody's cup of tea.They provide you everything but not the one which is the key of affiliate marketing - Web Traffic.

I spend more than ten years but not with the satisfactory result.

15. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Like anything there are Doers and Dreamers!
    Paid to perform selling is dependant on your ability to SELL.

From my vast experience in professional selling; I used to get sick of dreamers with no sales skills wasting my time by asking me how come I could make 400k/year, when the average income was 30k.

My answer was and will always be:
    "That people prefer to do business with those who actually know what they are doing, have experience and understand their clients business needs; as opposed to dreamers who are primarily Only Interested in their own needs."

The point I'm making is shared by every 'Performer' I've ever met.
    Affiliate marketing is about 'Knowing' how to do several things well. But ultimately, if you do not understand how to sell and write conceptively; you will Never become a high performer; but you will be a great asset to those who are for highlighting their skills; simply for the reasons above. hmm

16. lewgard profile image60
    lewgardposted 14 years ago

I like affiliate marketing - sometimes.  For me, it depends on the website, the topic, and the season.

17. profile image0
    annalaurabrownposted 14 years ago

Yes I have made quite a bit of money on it more than $1,000 in one day sometimes. However, there are a few key pieces to doing it successfully that many people miss:

1. You must have your own website regardless of what other marketers tell you.

2. You must build a list and develop a relationship with that list and then and only then can you market an affiliate product to them and expect to make sales.

3. It also helps to have a blog and give honest reviews and valuable content and feedback with 1 link per post. Too many people overdo it with links and spam and then it will not work.

4. Video marketing is a great method to making affiliate sales as well.

5. You must choose products that are popular and that sell well. You also really need to buy the product yourself. I see far too many people who try and market and expect to make money on an affiliate product that they have not purchased themselves. This does not work.

Good luck too all. Just a few tips from my experiences.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)