Liberals for illegal immigration defend this ?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (40 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

The Huffington Post ; well known and admittedly liberal news outlet reports that according to Fusion studies 80 % of women and young girls are raped during the long journey of border crossing at our southern border. 80 % !   Previous reports showed that that number has risen from 60% .

Who will defend illegal immigration ?
    Is it worth the voter based gain ?
    What about a woman's rights ?

1. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Women's rights? The liberal establishment only pays lip service to the concept.

From Hillary, assuming women have no right to make their own decisions to their turning a blind eye to atrocities against women in Islam...is it any wonder rape is of little consequence in the mad rush to import voters?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

"Trump’s demagoguery about immigration has completely ignored the realities that crime has been falling for decades and the undocumented population leveled off years ago."  The Brookings  Institute April 2018

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Kathleen , Look at the numbers  60-80 % raped .....,seriously ? These are women raped during the  crossing and  Huffington Post is a liberal paper !
      Are you willing to ignore that for party what , ideological addiction ?

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
        Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So what's the take-away here?  If they didn't leave their dangerous countries trying to come to the relative safety of the US, they wouldn't get raped?

What the Brooking's stats show is that, in this country, we are not suffering from illegal immigration as Trump keeps insisting.  He probably thinks one of his family businesses will get the contract to build the wall we apparently don't need.

Yes, I have a party ideological addiction.  It's common sense.

1. profile image0

80 % of women getting raped is 4 out of 5 ,Kathleen , that may be one "take away" .
          Another ".take away" is that your "common sense  " isn't very common after all ?
          Women anywhere wouldn't want you on a jury in a rape trial .  Of course illegal alien women don't get a trial do they Kathleen ? 

How about the 2000 +  death in the desert , ..........nothing huh ?

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How will building a wall prevent these rapes?

1. profile image0

Um how about stop the traffic ,stop the rapes .........?
              At least stop a great percentage of the traffic ?
              At least stop a majority of rapes even ?
              Tell me something  , where are liberal womens outrage at this incredible number ?
              Oh that's right ,"Identity politics ".

1. profile image0

Who says we're not outraged by rape, regardless of where it occurs and who perpetrates it? You're inventing a false choice to further your political agenda.

1. wilderness profile image96
                  wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If they are being raped on their illegal, shadowy trek to avoid the law, and they don't make that trek, then they will not be raped on their illegal, shadowy trek to avoid the law.  Pretty simple.

Doesn't say anything about what might happen during the time they are not sneaking across the border, though.  My personal guess is that they will very likely be raped whether climbing over the fence or not.

2. profile image0

Pretty Panther "....... a false choice for my political agenda ....." How is the rape of an illegal female immigrant while immigrating my choice or even my agenda ?  I'm a man and men don't often get raped , I'll tell you what we do though , we don't ignore them  because it makes our particular ideology look bad .

Like I've often said ,  large group issues are great liberal causes until the individual has a problem , same for a woman ,same with race , same with minority issues , the group mentality of that party is P.C. just don't expect support for the singular victims .

2. profile image0

The idea that if one is opposed to wasting billions on a border wall, then one is also supportive of rape is illogical. In fact, it is so stupid that it would receive an "F' in deductive reasoning. It is, however, typical of how you attempt to demonize liberals by creating an irrational and false narrative to suit your political  world view.

How will a border wall stop the rape of immigrants? It won't. 

Fortunately, I realize your inability to think rationally is not a trait of all conservatives, or even all Trump supporters.  Shall I post a picture of Ivanka yucking it up with Harvey Weinstein and claim she is supportive of rapists? It would make as much sense as your  ridiculous argument.

1. profile image0

Yet still you'd rather politicize my issue of rapes than even acknowledge the number quoted by the Huffington Post that 60-80 percent of female border crossers are raped .....nothing huh ?  Why am I not surprised .   The cost of the wall is a stupid idea but the incredible percentage of women raped ,What ...........Oh well ?

2. wilderness profile image96

I doubt that you would find anyone, liberal or conservative, that would support wasting billions on a border wall. 

Spending billions to protect the border, while saving even more billions...that you will find at least conservatives supporting.

Funny how eliminating the loaded words and making it about fact rather than derogatory terminology changes things, isn't it?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
                    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13988771.jpg

2. profile image0

That is why I took the Huffington Post's numbers and used them . Using  An admittedly liberal news agency report of 80 % to ask the question ,  I mean how can they argue such percentages ?   Liberals here don't seem even willing to admit the  horror to these  illegal women's crossings and crimes against them .

Let's divert the conversation to about "The Wall" only?  I guess I'm never surprised much anymore.

3. profile image0

Lol, there is no credible expert in border security who believes a border wall is a rational solution to the immigration problem. Heck, you yourself thought it should be a "virtual" wall, unless I've mixed you up with some other poster, which is entirely possible.

3. profile image0

One more plus factor for building a wall , How do liberals morally defend their support for this ? So much for the human treatment of illegal immigrants by the left ?
    https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13988418.png

1. wilderness profile image96

By blaming it on conservatives that won't accept a border that can be crossed at will by anyone wishing to feed off of American generosity.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13988655.jpg

5. profile image0

All of this is All the more reason for a high tech national voter  I.D. card , much like a chip card with the highest possible federally regulated security imbedded ,...  voter apathy is always going to be a significantly high  percentage of potential voters but because of such polarized parties election accuracy and integrity is paramount .
    Anyone that assumes voting rolls are NOT being played , especially by the left, is dreaming .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)