How do you know if your hub has gained earnings?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Leigha Havard profile image60
    Leigha Havardposted 6 years ago

I have about 4/5 featured hubs and I started about 2 weeks ago, I'm just curious as to how all of this works! All of my scores are in the 50s and between 14-77 ~ever views~

1. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image91
      Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I usually takes at least a few months to start seeing anything. You can click on the left side of your bar when you are on articles and there is a place to click on "earnings." You can find them there. You'll have to be signed up with Google Ad Sense and the other advertising programs to make money, though.

Good Luck!

Leigha Havardposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It all says $0 I have my AdSense account connected.. hmmmm

2. Leigha Havard profile image60

Thank you!

3. chasmac profile image90
    chasmacposted 6 years ago

You have Adsense, but have you also joined the HubPages Ad Program? If not, then all your ad earnings will come from Google, not HubPages, and you can check the amount earned in your Google Adsense account. To earn from the HubPages Ad Program, instead of Google, go to your Earnings page, click Settings and activate the Ad Program.

It's a choice - some people do better by earning from Google, but I think most (like me) do better with the HP Ad Program. Sometimes I switch from one to the other to see which earns more, and so far it's always the HP Ad Program that works better.

If you're already with the HP Ad Program, then there's a problem as you should have started seeing some money in your Earnings Reports page.

Hmmmm, I'll have to look into it. How do I know if I signed up for the ad program?.. I'm guessing I just have Google+ and AdSense hasn't completed my process because I haven't earned my way there yet

4. Leigha Havard profile image60

It has a number but says the ad program isn't active

Looks like I have AdSense and Amazon active now... Thank you for the help!

This morning I got an email from AdSense saying they couldn't accept me yet!

1. Titia profile image93
          Titiaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You need far more articles to be accepted by AdSense, so start writing some new hubs.

I think I read something before I started about it having to be at least 10 articles?.. Do they all have to be featured?

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
              DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

If they are not featured that means that Google can not even see them. So yes, you have to do a good job and they all have to be featured.

A quick update, I woke up and checked my account, all 6 of my articles are featured, I'm so close!!!

2. Leigha Havard profile image60

I must have gotten lucky, idk!

5. Leigha Havard profile image60

Ad program is active is what I meant to add!

It does not matter. Until you have an adsense account you will not be earning with the HP ad program.

It says I earned <0.01, so I just won't earn much until AdSense accepts me?

No, you will not earn until you have more page views and impressions. It took me about 3 months to make my first payout but it usually takes at least 6 months, and often a lot longer than that.
          You can check your CPM on your account page. That is the amount you are paid for each 1000 impressions. As you can see, it takes a lot of impressions to earn your first payout.
          The best thing to do, as Titia pointed out, is write a lot more articles, and make sure they are good.

all but 2 of my articles have over 1,000 words, what are impressions?

Impressions are how you are actually paid.
              If you have 100 page views, you get 60%, HP gets 40%.
              So you have 60 page views, but 10 of those people are adding ad blockers, so you only get 50.
              From that 50, ten of those people saw your intro, did not like it, and bounced out of your page before reading and before the ads even loaded. You are left with 40 impressions from 100 page views.
              To see your CPM (payment for 1000 impressions) go to your account page, hit earnings, then earning repots. If you look down on the page you will see the word "filter" in red. Click on it, then select "ad program". Make sure the dates you want to check are entered, then hit "enter". The chart below will tell you your impressions, CPM, and earnings for each day.
              It can look pretty dismal at first. Just keep writing.

Thank you!

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
                  Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Everyone reaches the minimum payment of $50.00 at a different point than others. Some do it in a few weeks, and some never get there.

Try writing a few more hubs which get featured, and the HP Ad program usually pays better than Google. Good luck!

My plan was to keep writing I was just curious and now I have my stuff set-up, my goal is to write until AdSense accepts me!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)