GDP for Second quarter expected to top 4%

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (150 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 5 years ago

This is great news. In the Obama years, we were told 3% GDP is what we can expect for years to come...as it turned out, that is no the case.

With every 1% rise in GDP, it translate to 1 trillion dollars of wealth...

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Without healthy international trading partners. US will not  reach 4℅. to begin paying the national debt. Many countries will stop trading the US and Petrol dollar. Since it's clear 193 countries are for clean green energy. They won't trade for the US dirty oil or Fossil energy as Trump plans to be world number 1 king of.

The world wants working alternative products and many are ready to go, just need decent political will power.

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's no news. Only Fox News and Trump are saying 4%, and it hasn't even been released by the Fed yet. The Fed estimate is 3.4%.

Besides, if it's above 3%, the number is a lie. Remember every time the Obama administration had a positive number? The right wing fanatics shrieked they were lies.

The shoe is now on the other  foot. smile

jackclee lmposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That may be truth but jobs are real, trade deals and tariff are real. When company open a manufacturing plant, that is real. When energy production of oil and gas, all real.
        You can’t manupulate those numbers could you?
        For you and the rest of the media except Fox, to deny there is real economic progress under this president just make you out to be in denial.
        That is fine by me. I prefer to live in the real world where people are working...making a living and paying taxes.

4.1% is the released number. Paul Krugman - eat your heart out. Boy did you get Trump wrong on the economy.
          He and Obama said 2% is the new norm.

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Jacklee , I believe You and I both know where they are going to take issue with that # !   Fake ! Made Up ! 
            Trump invented and is  now controlling the people who put that # out ...........:-]

They can delude themselves all they want. The economy is on the mend after 8 years of anemic growth, artificially created by the Obama policies.
              Yes there will be ups and downs over the next decade but not like the way it has been in the 0% interest rate environment. Janet Yellen has a lot to answer for...IMHO. MAGA.

1. profile image0

The only issue I'll take is with "anemic growth ",   Where was the growth part of that Jack.
                WAMAGA.

"We Are "..............;-]

2% is better than 0%. GDP

Trump announced  4.1 GDP

US in the 1950s GDP was 3.1. When 50℅ of Americans were in manufacturing and today only 10℅ .
                    Then US dollars in the 50s was 90℅ of world trade currency, today down to 50℅ and about to crash. Now US has more trade and tariffs wars greater since the 30s great depression.

Trump World is flawed by measure GDP in what is cool, not counting well the service sectors. People are getting tired of being lied to in this Trump era. This constant and obvious lies and exaggerations, will have a backlash against the bullsh*t, the lying, the posturing.

2. profile image0

No, it's  a lie just like the 8 years that Obama lied about every one of his numbers.

You guys still fail to see my point about propaganda.

In this new environment of fake news and spin and bias... I expected nothing more. That is why the media is in such disarray and one of the least trusted profession.
              Numbers don’t lie. If you do the work, you can get past the hype and the spin and get at the source of the data.
              There are real numbers on revenue and taxes and spending...there are real numbers on goods and services produced. There are real numbers on jobs and employment...
              You can perpetuate the lie or you can be part of the solution. Just take my advice for what its worth and get off the TDS wagon. It will crash and burn in the mid term election. Mark my words.

1. profile image0

That Trump would lie? The estimate yesterday on the Fed's own website was exactly 3.37%.

Today it's suddenly 4.1%. Proof of a lie.

2. crankalicious profile image88
                crankaliciousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Numbers don't lie? Ha! In your world, President Obama was a failed President even though the stock market more than doubled under his presidency while Trump is a huge success, though the stock market hasn't advanced anywhere near that percentage.

Tell me again how numbers don't lie?

All I see is pure hypocrisy.

It is amazing to me to read some of the postings here...
                  When the economy is having such a great news, some are arguing for the fakeness of the number? Or how it was great under Obama?
                  Or how bad it is under Trump???

What they should be celebrating is the economic recovery of America which will bring jobs and commerce and vitality and positive outlook for our fellow Americans...

And thank Trump and his policies for bringing this about...

Why must everything be politicized?

1. crankalicious profile image88

I said below that it's great news. It's just that it's not a recovery. And when Obama pulled us out of the recession, were you celebrating the recovery or were you just mocking Obama?

You expect everyone to jump up and down because of the improved economics, but when Obama was in office, saving us from recession, were you doing the same? No, you were just whining how it wasn't recovering fast enough.

And again, deregulatory behavior resulted in the last recession, so let's see how it goes.

Bottom line though, the economy looks great right now.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
                    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They say baby African elephants are born weighing around two hundred and fifty pounds. Except for the democrats, they are the biggest babies on earth.

3. profile image0

Because Fox News, Breitbart and Rush Limbaugh made it so starting with Obama.

You can't have it both ways.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your again letting your TDS get the best of you.  It's been reported by other media outlets.  Even liberal ones.

NPR
        https://www.npr.org/2018/07/27/63264071 … mber-today

New York Times
        https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/27/busi … y-gdp.html

1. profile image0

See above. You can't have it both ways unless you have your own version of TDS.

1. Readmikenow profile image95

"Only Fox News and Trump are saying 4%"...my point...it's being reported by many news outlets.

1. profile image0

How did the number magically leap overnight from 3.4% to the 4.1% that Trump somehow predicted days ago?

The numbers change and will change a month from now... it is often revised a month later when more accurate data is collected.
                The way it works, they estimate the number based on set of financial data which are in turn estimates...

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                  GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi jackclee, I think the numbers are great too. And with no intention to dismiss your points, I have one to ask you to consider. I have only heard it, I have not checked into it, but ...

A couple CNN contributors made an effort to emphasize that the number may be artificially inflated, (not falsely or purposely), by the staggering increase in sales of soy beans and other agricultural product purchases that were made to beat the coming tariffs. Numbers like, 3000 to 9000% increases above previous quarter purchases were cited.

I think that is a valid consideration. Maybe not enough to deflate the meaning and symbolism of the high GDP number, but certainly enough to affect it.

What do you think?

GA

I heard the same argument but the GDP is not just based on trade in futures...it is a measure of real productivity and consumer spending and all kinds of data... I would expect some revision next month or quarter as more real data come in but the trend and actual productivity and consumer confidence is more at play.

2. profile image0

Well said.

2. Readmikenow profile image95

There are therapists who treat people suffering with "Trump Anxiety Disorder" I believe this is a treatable mental health issue.  Those who suffer with this must realize there is help available.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/29/u … y-disorder

1. profile image0

Cheap shot and beneath you.

Try to address the facts and the logic without acting like Sean Hannity.

3. crankalicious profile image88

This is good news. How can anyone argue with that kind of growth rate? Donald Trump deserves credit as does President Obama, who saved us from the economy of the previous Republican president who drove it into the recession ditch.

The thing is, you either acknowledge the successes of both or neither.

My sincere hope is that Trump's deregulatory environment doesn't create the same kind of condition that Bush's created because, as you may remember, everyone was very excited about Bush's economic growth pattern for a time.

4. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

4.1 winning!!!!

Don't believe one word of over 4.0.
        Until the Nation debt digital starts moving in reverse of more than 21 trillion $, by each American debt cleared of $65,200 as Trump promises. I'll wait for hell to freeze over.

2. profile image0

Almost as good as Obama's 5.1.

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

Yes in 2014 Obama in the 3rd quarter he a had GDP of 5%. In the following quarter, it fell to a dismal 2% and was dismal until he left office.   I am tired of every conversation becoming an "Obama did this". I simply stated a nice stat on our economy's growth pattern.  I for one am happy to see the ecconomy doing well. You should be too...

1. profile image0

Did you praise Obama when he hit 5.1%?

And no, he didn't do only 2% for the rest of his presidency.

And no, I'm not happy with a fake temporary boost that relied on a one time transfer of money from the tax cuts.

Actually, I think my statement was clear? "Yes in 2014 Obama in the 3rd quarter he a had GDP of 5%. In the following quarter, it fell to a dismal 2% and was dismal until he left office."  The remainder of his tenure it was dismal or perhaps I should have said flat?   So,  you are predicting this latest GDP is a flash in the pan? Not sure I would predict the next quarter, it might be even better. Actually, I was pleased when the GDP jumped in mid-2014 but was soon disgusted when it bottomed out.

Not sure how my posting a message meant for Jack in regards to celebrating the latest GDP turned into once again a comparison of the Obama Tenure?  It is clear we disagree in regards to the president and his job performance. It's almost embarrassing to point out the differences in job performance between the two.  I have added a link to a good chart in regards to GDP histories. There were only a few presidents  that stuck out with very bleak stats, and Obama was one of them and Truman. Although, Truman even did better with a post-war economy than Obama. Not sure it's constructive to keep comparing Trump and Obama? Plus it's early in Trump's tenure.

https://www.hudson.org/research/12714-e … -president

https://www.statista.com/statistics/188 … in-the-us/

1. profile image0

This chart below proves quite clearly that the Obama economy was not "dismal" in his final years.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/STLENI

Your link from Hudson is irrelevant for the obvious reason that Obama inherited the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. Of course his average number will be lower.

I asked if you praised Obama the way you did Trump. You simply acknowledged Obama had a quarter with a 5.1% increase.

The obvious point about bringing up Obama is the multiple double standards that far right conservatives keep posting on here ad nauseum:

1. All conservatives good, all liberals bad.
                2. All Republicans great, all Democrats bad.
                3. Trump all good, Obama all bad.
                4. Trump economy great, Obama economy terrible.

Etcetera.

5. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think most people agree the economy is growing.

But there seems to be some disagreement about what the Trump administration's policies have contributed to that growth. E.g:

GDP has risen yearly for the last nine years. The increase was greater than 4% on four occasions between 2009 and 2017 (the highest was 5.3%)(1)(2)

So the most you can reasonably say is that Trump's administration hasn't stopped the continuing growth of GDP (so far).

The rate of unemployment was 7.8% in 2009, reduced to 4.8% by 2017, and has continued to fall (3.9% this month)(3). Since the election (19 months) the economy has added 3.7 million jobs(4). In the 19 months before the election, the economy added 4.3 million jobs.

So the most you can reasonably say is that the Trump administration hasn't reversed the existing downward trend in unemployment rate, or the existing upward trend in number of jobs created (so far).

Trump said: "More than 10 million additional Americans had been added to food stamps, past years. But we've turned it all around."(5)

The number of people in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) has reduced every year since 2013(6).

So the most you can reasonably say is that the Trump administration has not stopped the existing downward trend for the number of people in SNAP since 2013.

So I agree, this continuation of existing trends is definitely great news, but it is a continuation of existing trends. Trump's claim that "We have accomplished an economic turnaround of HISTORIC proportions!"(7) is not borne out by the facts (unless by "we" he is also referring to the previous administration).

(1) https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp
      (2) https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/2542 … 2009-2017/
      (3) https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
      (4) ibid
      (5) https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st … p-economy/
      (6) https://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/supplementa … ogram-snap
      (7) https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/sta … 1767288834

I disagree totally with your analysis. The bottom line is what would have happened if Hillary was elected president?
        Would we have these dramatic changes in our economic prospects or a continuation of Obama’s anemic recovery?

Would we have a tax reform package passed that is substantial last 30 years? No.
        Will we have roll bsck of regulations, 2 removed for every one added?
        No.
        Would companies move their offshore cash back to the US and build new plants and added jobs? No.
        Would the XL pipeline be build? No.
        For these and many other actions and policies, it is Trump who has done it. Not a trend that was started by Obama.
        I would go even further.
        If Obama had done the same things, we would have gotten the results much earlier and not waited 8 years to reach a GDP of 4.1%. After every past recession over the last 50 years, the recovery was strong except in 2008. How come?

1. Don W profile image83

Previous performance of the economy is one area we don't need to speculate about. So I'll refrain from guessing what Hilary Clinton might or might not have done as president. It isn't factual and adds nothing to the discussion.

Your opening comment and the title of the thread refer to GDP. Trump referred to the unemployment rate, number of jobs created, number of people on food stamps as key performance indicators for the economy. If you want to bring in other KPIs to demonstrate what the Trump administration has contributed, I'd be happy to look at them.

In the meantime, the facts show that the Trump administration has merely continued trends that started during a different administration. Which of those facts do you dispute?

As I said, that continuation is good news, but it is, at best, a continuation.

I disagree it is a continuation. That is what Obama defenders want to portray that the current good news on the economic front was going to happen anyway. Am I right?
            As a student of history and science, we all know things don’t happen in trends. The stock market crash of 1929 was not a trend.
            To say that things will continue in a straight line either up or down or sideways may be true for short durations. Not for 8-10 years. What is happening today is no short of a miracle.
            When Apple anniunce it was investing billions in the USA to build iPhones, that is no trend, it is a revolution. You can continue to live in that dream world of Obama’s hope and change. I rather live in the real world where a good job beats welfare anyday of the week.

1. profile image0

The Federal Reserve disagrees with you.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/STLENI

By the way, the graph on the link above still shows 3.37% in the second quarter of this year. Not the 4.1% that Trump predicted weeks ago and that magically came true.

The federal reserve was part of the problem over the last 8 years. They artificially kept the fund rate near 0% in order to help increase our borrowing and our debt. It was like getting free money...

1. profile image0

Did you look at the chart? It shows no sudden recovery when Trump took office.

The Federal Reserve did what all Feds do during a recession, which is cut the funds rate to re-stimulate the economy. It's standard practice.

In this case, they had to cut it a lot because of the depth of the recession.

A picture is worth 1000 words. Here is a plot of the Federal Reserve fund rate since 2001.
                    The recession of 2008 ended in 2009.

https://hubstatic.com/14156187.jpg

2. GA Anderson profile image89

Hi jackclee, Sorry, but I just had to jump in. (you know how the forums are lately, it's hard to find a "discussion" to join ;-) )

I don't mean to pile on you, and I am not intending to reinforce Don's points, (even though I must), but as the rational thinker and student of history and science that you say you are, I just don't understand your refusal to accept the presented facts - as facts.

Of the points Don presented, every one can be graphically represented to be true. All the areas mentioned, (except maybe the 4% GDP one), really do qualify for the description of a continuation of a trend.

The point wasn't that these things would have happened anyway -- I didn't read anything that implied that was the point -- because there is no way to tell that. Things could have tanked immediately, or, rather than numbers that fit the "continuation" description they could have been double or triple stellar numbers. (Don did make the point of crediting Pres. Trump for continuing the continuation)

And what would have happened if Hillary was president wasn't a point in the discussion either.

I am making no reference to your counter points of Pres. Trump's accomplishments, but I don't see how you can make the claims you do and then deny factual proof that counters your disagreement.

GA

Don, That is perfectly fine. I have no problem defending my claim. I guess it is a matter of perception rather than hard data.
                I hear this all the time while Obama was president and the economy was slow in recovery and the blame was placed on the Bush administration...even after 4 years out of office... If you recall, the logic was, the recession was so deep that it took years to recover...
                Now, that Trump reversed a slow economy, it is again the Obama recovery that is just continuing a trend...
                That is what I am against. The colorization of what happened from 2008-2016. As a student of history, it is said, if a falsehood is told enough times, it became the truth.

That is the falsehood I am against. Let me put it another way, if things were as good as what these people say they were under Obama, why did the Democrats retain power instead of losing their power all these 8 years?
                After all, under Reagan’s 8 years, things were really good and they elected Bush 41 didn’t they?
                You have to ask yourself? What is going on here.

I don’t need the data to tell me what happened over those 8 years of Obama. I can list a whole bunch of things that he did, including the passing of the ACA which directly affected business in our country.  It lead to the conversion of many fulltime jobs to part time jobs to avoid the healthcare mandate...

1. Don W profile image83

If the economic indicators Trump referred to which were previously going down, were now going up and vice versa, then you could reasonably say those economic trends had been reversed.

That's not the case. Indicators Trumped referred to continue to show the same trend they previously did, which means they are continuing.

Trump wants to tell the story of ". . . an economic turnaround of HISTORIC proportions!" but the indicators he has referred to tell the story of a continuation of economic trends. 

I don't care whether you love/hate Obama or love/hate Trump. This is not a matter of perception. It is a matter of fact. Facts don't stop being facts because they don't fit the story you want to tell.

It is not just my story but millions of others. Those miners who were told by Obama their jobs are never coming back... or those constuction workers building the XL pipeline, or just retiree who has a better pension prospect...
                    You are the one telling a story as if things are just fine before Trump and just getting better day by day. I am not buying it and many of hard working tax paying people are not buying it either.
                    Consumer confidence, and economic activity have improved dramatically under Trump.

2. GA Anderson profile image89

That's all well and good - for your perspective jackclee, but how does that square with the provable data facts that support Don's contention of continuation, that you declare to be wrong?

I wasn't addressing your opinion of Pres. Obama's tenure, nor your opinion of Press. Trump's accomplishments. And I certainly wasn't addressing  Bush or Reagan, or the "colorization" of any time period.

I was simply asking about your disagreement with provable statistical facts. Even if the truth of those facts wouldn't change your opinion, how do justify denying their truth?

GA

GA, I will refer you to the famous quote by Mark Twain -
                    Figures don’t lie, but liars do figure...

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Every single day there are more and more great stories which prove how lucky we are to have Donald J. Trump as POTUS. The other option would have been disastrous and very embarrassing.

It's still hard for me to believe sometimes how lucky we all got last November.

1. profile image0

You betcha !   Imagine eight more years of propped up economic servitude , "stimulus "borrowing ,  $ 5.00 gas and heating oil ,  A forty trillion dollar national debt , more diplomatic disasters than  Hitler had ,  escalated nuke proliferation ,  The Clinton Foundation robbing the victims of a dozen more natural disasters like Haiti ,   ten thousand more embassy marines and civilians killed ,  no ..........................enough of that mess !

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Why not vote at all. Why choose lesser of two evils,?

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Obama's economy , besides the up and down volatility of wall street ,  was nothing but a stimulus prop job , FOR THE WORKING MAN  -higher energy costs for home heating , high gasoline for work travel ,  exorbitant spending putting the American worker in debt to foreign nations for decades to come ,  higher unemployment rates %10  ,  extended welfare programs , unemployment benefits , sloppy economic social programs , Food stamp increases to record levels , "Oh Yea , Great Obama Years "

NOT!

AN OBAMA  SUCCESS OF STIMULUS FINANCED  LIES .

4. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 5 years ago

Well, it's obvious those on the left can't be happy with good economic news.  I suppose a struggling economy would bring them joy.  The United States economy is doing well.  Be happy about it.  Economics is very complicated.  I've had to write stories about it for clients and have had to consult with many economists.  With that said, manufacturing jobs are up significantly.  President Donald Trump has saved the U.S. coal industry.  For the first time in many years it is adding jobs.  Unemployment is at historic lows.  On the flip side oil prices are up as are mortgage rates and the Consumer Price Index (CPI), is up.  This means things are more expensive. Oil prices are also high.  The European's blinked and will now lower their tariffs on U.S. goods.  This is GREAT news.  All things are in place to keep the U.S. economy with steady and sustainable growth.  People on the left, be happy for your country. It is what should be important to you. 

https://hubstatic.com/14142890.jpg

I always imagined a naked Trump on a wreaking ball knocking down everything that is positive. I

What has he knocked down that was positive? The ACA? -A Disaster. The DACA executive order of Obama - unconstitutional, The Iran nuclear deal?- no verification. Paris Accord? - $billons of US tax dollars to reduce climate warming by 0.1 degrees C - ineffective...

The list of Trumps wreaking ball was so long, I decided to add it to my thread.

Top entertainers, Athlete, & media protest Trump.

1. profile image0

Nobody cares about Top entertainers , Athletes and media ? 

Except them that is .

1. profile image0

Aren't they the ones who were going to join you in Canada ?

Each of these people are intelligent in their feild with millions of fans who do care.

The vas Majority of People worldwide would not say Trump is an intelligent as a President. Maybe Great at tag team pro wrestling for Megalomanics.

1. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14143375.jpg

These people already earned their label even before the elections .   Problem is  Hollywood is suffering just the same losses as the NFL is .  I know a lot of people who will never watch the likes of Robert De Niro again .

The Trump wreaking ball Strick again, all over the world.

Megalomanic are great at destruction and lack a great deal of ethics. You will not find a greater scammer than Trump.
                    Megalomanics can't keep an aldult realationship. like his record high 34℅ turn over of staff in one year. Same with every other feildTrump comes in contact with.

2. profile image0

There are therapists who specialize in Trump Fantasy Disorder.

1. Don W profile image83

If I was inclined to engaged in such antics I'd call it Trumpophilllia, but I'm not, so I won't.

1. profile image0

I like your version better.

I normally don't like silly word games either, but this time I merely repeated a variation of what was said to me above.

Some uncivil people only start to behave themselves when they get a dose of their own medicine.

1. Don W profile image83

I hear ya.

2. jackclee lm profile image80

Is this the opposite of TDS?
        I’ll take this any day.
        The recovery and boom is real. You can deny it all you want but the truth is, it would have never happened if Hillary was president, or Obama in a third term.
        That is what is wrong with those afflicted TDS. They let their hatred of Trump affect their judgement.

1. profile image0

Jack , it's so typical of liberal intelligence  to FOLLOW our designation for their TDS with TFS no ?   I remember many a fourth grader at the back of the class that could come up with a better term than copying  their fellow students homework  . 

And we all know why they were at the back of the class .

2. profile image0

It's not hatred. Just contempt.

And contempt for the political bigots who think one side is all good and the other all evil.

Who are you referring to?
            As a conservative, I am not an ideolog. I see good and bad on all sides and I make determination with eash individual case.
            The problem today is people want to use shortcut and soundbites...
            Life is complex, politics is complex and grey, and never black and white.

3. Readmikenow profile image95

Wow, when I provided an article about Trump Anxiety Disorder, this is what I got.

"Cheap shot and beneath you.

Try to address the facts and the logic without acting like Sean Hannity."

1. profile image0

Double standard.

Don't bother being coy. We all know full well what you were saying.

4. Castlepaloma profile image75

I hope the Therapist follows up with a Trump horror movie.

TDS takes all forms. Trump is reality. He is the President. Deal with it.

There is reality...
            than there are...
            American who desire the American Dream. But you have to be a sleep to experiencing it.

Really? I experienced the American dream as did my parents as did their parents as did my two children... As did my husband. And so many of my acquaintances followed dreams and achieved them. The American dream is there for the taking, for those that are smart enough to seek it, and work to achieve it. Yes, we have plenty in America that are weak-spirited, and would rather have a bit handed to them.  And that;s OK, we can care for those that don't achieve their dreams.  America did not become what it is by weak spirited...  The people that made my country were workers, not dreamers. Oh, you might be talking about the weak-spirited, you know the ones that talk a good game but end up looking foolish much of the time. 

I must ask - Are you an American?

Agree 100%

2. jackclee lm profile image80

For a non America, how would you know? The American dream is alive and well and especially under Trump. How do I know, the answer is easy. There are millions of people around rhe world who wants to immigrate here.

Per capita people want to immigrate to Canada more so than to the US. Also for many other countries too.
                Nothing that special.

5. profile image0

Contrary to liberal beliefs ,There is no comparison  to Trump and Obama as presidents , Obama being a socialist by definition is quite frankly unAmerican  in his ideology , like it or not .
    Trump ,face it or not ,  is a game changer BACK to true Americanism .

Stop trying to compare presidential leaderships like one was , is better than the other or just different , it ain't working.

6. profile image0

I think that some here are conveniently ignoring how quickly and how positively corporate America started moving right after Trump was elected and began serving his presidency ,   THAT is a boost in corporate confidence pure and simple .   AND that confidence jump at that particular timing continues ,  It sure as hell wasn't the obstruction news media stating positive Trumpisms ,what ?    Because they love him so much !

1. GA Anderson profile image89

I didn't see anyone ignoring that ahorseback. Hell, that might even be one of the reasons the points that were mentioned are continuing to continue.

Remember, specific items were being discussed - not a general ideology.

GA

7. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14156928.jpg

Isn't it really just about who knows best how to spend or to save what we take in ?  We're arguing who created the success' but ignoring who'll spend it first ?

Here is story of Obama blaming Bush after 6 years in office...

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/ … ush-107885

And try to claim credit for Trump’s success -
        https://bluntforcetruth.com/news/obama- … cked-down/

8. profile image0

So your saying Obama used that good "old come on "  a o % credit card  like so many Americans did !

9. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14160714.jpg

I think that the most disappointed guy in the Obama terms  is Obama himself , He has to wake up everyday thinking and watching , " These libbers are STILL out there defending my non-legacy , I'm watching that Trump guy KILL my entire legacy and they are saying such nice things about me "

"I feel for them though "..................Not .    I think I'll fly to Hawaii "

OH Yeah...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)