US Support for Israel - Renewed Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (77 posts)
  1. egiv profile image61
    egivposted 14 years ago

The issue of US-Israeli relations is an important one today and I would like to continue it from where the actual political discussion left off.

Keep your 5th-grade insults to yourselves. Arguing on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

1. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You want to prevent insults in the thread so you open with a preemptive insult? Good thinking.

And do not use the term "retarded" as a joke. It is offensive and inappropriate. Thank you.

1. egiv profile image61
        egivposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh sorry for offending you Mr. PC, you clearly missed the point yet again.

If you really are sorry then you won't make the same mistake again.

2. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey! I resemble that remark!

2. egiv profile image61
    egivposted 14 years ago

ledefensetech said:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    At most we've been supporting then for only 30 years.  That's what the whole embargo thing in 1973 was about.  Before then the IDF had to be very good because their enemies were supplied with the latest in Soviet arms.  Heck during their war for independence they took on the combined armies of five Arabic countries and still managed to survive.  They don't really need our help, much as they welcome it.

Part of the problem is that this has become a multi-generational fight.  Few, if any, of the people involved today remember the origins of the modern phase of this conflict and there are so many others who use the Israeli and Palestinian people for their own domestic purposes that neither side can get a fair shake.

That being said, they are one of the only countries in the region which share most of our beliefs on civilization and society in general.  It would be madness not to support them.  The day the Arab countries start extending liberty to their nations, that will be the day we extend the olive branch, not before.  And that day could arrive much quicker than most realize.  Communication technology took down the Soviets and is slowly working its magic on tyrants the world over.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

You say they don't need out help, which at this point may be true. But how did it get that way? Infinite US support. The Israeli lobby is one of the most powerful in the United States government, which is why only a president with balls will stand up to it.

I completely disagree that most people involved in the conflict don't remember the origins. Have you ever spoken to a Palestinian? They are still bitter about the Crusades! Like hell they don't remember the origins - it's not that difficult to remember anyway: Israel just established a state on their land. Israelis are fully aware of the origins as well, but for them it is a point of national pride.

1. profile image0

The palastinians have no arguement, period. They continually failed to clean-up their bad-guys which led to the Israelies contempt for them saying one thing and doing the most destructive things to inhibit any chance for co-habitation with the Jews. When they realize they screwed up they appeal to the worlds bleeding hearts for a do-over. That is unbelievably stupid and the only thing more stupid is the bleeding hearts that get sucked in, unbelievable!

1. egiv profile image61

You constantly group entire populations together, as if they all agree on everything. Who failed to "clean up the bad guys?" Hamas? They were democratically elected. Palestinians civilians that living in Gaza are getting screwed. They absolutely have an argument. Hamas fires rockets at Israel like idiots, Israel responds and kills 1,000 civilians. Does that stop Hamas? OF COURSE NOT! Who loses? Normal people.

Quit saying "they" or claiming what "Palestinians" want or deserve. Who are you to make that judgement anyway?

1. profile image0

The palastinians must clean up their own house before they point their fingers at anyone else. Now here's the part you seem to miss, the whole arab world is against the Israelies. One of the main reasons are the palastinians. So, sweetie, when I say 'they' I'm refering to the arab community as a whole because they often act as one.

2. rhamson profile image70
        rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Has anybody stopped to think they are both at fault?  The palestinians attack Israel and vice-versa.  The fact of the matter remains that we support Israel with millions and billions of dollars with aid and do nothing for the other side but talk about lasting peace.

If you supply an addict with the paraphernalia to continue his ways what makes you think he will ever stop?  I think it is an extreme example and in no way think the Israelies are drug addicts but my point is if we continue down the same tract how can we expect a different result.  Wait a minute! WHO PUT US IN CHARGE?

The deep generational divide this conflict has created has hurt the notion of peace immeasurably.  Isreal is constantly expanding its border in plain sight of the palestinians and the world.  You can buy land from realtors in New York!

I think if Israel was to have to stand up to what they believe in on their own they would find a way and inspiration to find peace.

1. profile image0

Border expansion? Lets see they gave back the Sinai, Gaza and the West Bank. Theres no end to their demands except Israel that must no longer exsit.

As far as our role in the world, I agree, we should stop helping everyone and take care of our selves. If you're not an American we don't need you!

1. livelonger profile image87
            livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True for Sinai, not true for Gaza and West Bank (esp the latter). Neither are sovereign Arab land.

One demand the Palestinian side is right to insist on (because the Israelis agreed to it) is the stopping of settlement expansion. Because Israel is run by the Right right now, and they are dominated by the ultra-religious who don't respect any Arab claim to land in the area, that agreement isn't being honored.

I disagree that we don't need anyone but I completely agree that we should scale back our involvement in the world. Eisenhower's parting warning about the military-industrial complex, however, was never more true.

2. wavegirl22 profile image49
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

National pride? How about it is about survival.

1. profile image0

Exactly!

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

The safety and security of Israel is the only guarantee for oil supplies and mari-time shipping. If there is no Israel, the Arab countries will certainly block the supply of petroleum to other countries. They will certainly close down the Suez canal for international shipping. So, Israel should be safeguarded by America or anyone else.

Really? Because Arab countries hate money? That oil would do them a lot of good if they didn't sell it? They'd shut down a trade route because that would help them how exactly?

1. willsteele61 profile image60
        willsteele61posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I an inclined to agree with Tksensei, I found Noam Chomski's MIT lecture entitled 'war on terror?' on this subject very interesting, and possibly a little enraging. America is of course securing it's own interests by backing israel, but that doesnt make it a good thing if you are not an American. It may even be a good thing if Arab countries had more autonomous control over what is in reality their own oil reserves without the hammer of the west poised above their heads, were are going to need alternative power sources one day.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arabs can interrupt oil supplies and navigation for short periods.... till the economy of enemy countries worsens.

That is an irrational and unfounded supposition. Most oil producing countries have economies almost entirely dependent on selling that oil. They would suffer more quickly and more deeply than any "enemy."

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Agreed. But the oil-selling countries are ready to suffer, as they are ready to make others suffer. The only option to subjugate oil selling Arab countries is to avoid purchasing oil just for one month. They will collapse.

4. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Exactly tksensei and willsteele61, the OPEC nations basically control the price of oil and most of those countries are Arab.  Support for Israel by the US probably influences the price negatively.

5. rhamson profile image70
    rhamsonposted 14 years ago

Where is the latest lots for sale with Netanyahu's blessing?

1. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll answer that rhamson with this recent News report from September 7, 2009 just in case sneakorocksolid didn't understand your question.

Israel approves new West Bank settlement

This is contrary to what Obama said in May of this year.

Israel has obligation to halt West Bank settlement growth: Obama

Tomorrow, Sept. 22, 2009 Obama will be having a meeting with Palestinian and Israeli authorities in New York.  We'll soon see what Obama has planned.  Personally I hope he tells Israel to get out of the occupied territories or the US will end all support.  Here's some maps for the uninformed.

Zionist colonies in Palestine at the beginning of the British Mandate 1920
      http://www.passia.org/images/pal_facts_MAPS/zionist_colonies_in_palestine_at_beginning.gif
      Link to enlarge map
      Source

The United Nations Partition Plan of 1947.
      http://lw.palestineremembered.com/Maps/New/Map_UNPartition1947.gif
      Link to enlarge map
      Source

Recent map.
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Is-wb-gs-gh_v3.png
      Link to enlarge map
      Source

West Bank showing the illegal Israeli settlements, walls and fences.
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/West_Bank_%26_Gaza_Map_2007_%28Settlements%29.png
      Link to enlarge map
      Source

1. profile image0

Lets remember these were occupied after hostilities. Israel, out of the kindness of their hearts, has been willing to negociate these lands for peace, which will never happen.

So, your contention is if Israel removes the settlements in Gaza and the West Bank, that will result in the end of all hostillities and all arab countries will lawfully acknowledge Israels right to exist and punish any and all arab groups if the peace is violated. If by chance the arabs lose their minds and attack Israel again, Israel can keep the land they take with the worlds blessing.

Well lets here some of that good ole islamic logic now. Bleeding hearts can chirp in too.

You are barely worth replying to sneakorocksolid, but here goes.  Israel pulled their illegal settlements out of Gaza a couple of years ago to make it a prison for the Palestinians there.

Even Israeli Professor Neve Gordon says Israel made Gaza a prison for the Palestinians.
          Israeli Professor Neve Gordon Condemns Israeli Invasion of Gaza on Democracy Now 1/5/09

The illegal settlements mentioned are in the West Bank as the above map shows and elsewhere.

sneakorocksolid you need to do some research before making a some what intelligent comment in this thread.

1. profile image0

You still haven't answered my post, are you affraid to be honest?

6. ScarletRyan1970 profile image59
    ScarletRyan1970posted 14 years ago

Why was America dicovered ?

To keep the Americans there.

We don't need you guys anywhere.

What so ever. Get the message!

Over and Out.

Oh yeah, history sure bears that out ... roll

1. profile image0

To hell with them let them start paying their fair share and when they want to save the world let them pay for that too!Since our irish friend is so out spoken they should voluteer to move the UN mess to their country and we should withdraw our membership to that stupid club!

The US has basically withdrawn from the UN anyways seeing they have vetoed over 300 UN Resolutions against Israel.  The only way for the UN to work properly is to eliminate the Security Council's veto power.  But I doubt that you understand what I'm talking about sneakorocksolid.

And by the way I'm not a Muslim, just one of the concerned majority in the world that sees oppression when it stares them in the face.  I'm not a Jew either but I stand shoulder to shoulder with the millions of Jews against Israel.

1. profile image0

So you think the world could do with out our help, hey, I agree with you! I understand that there are alot of zealots like you who would do whatever they can to hurt the Israelies. We are left to stand with the underdog while are "allies" stab us in the back. The same people who want our trade, money, access to our universities, healthcare system, tecnology and our jobs are the same that don't understand what side their bread is buttered on. I am serious as a heart attack we should tell the world feed, defend, develop, research and educate your own way through life.

2. livelonger profile image87

This is not a Muslim territorial issue. It's an Arab territorial issue. I gather you understand that.

Millions? I think you mean "dozens."

No I mean millions.  It takes more than a dozen to write a lot of the 14,000,000 web sites that come up with the above search and more than a dozen to write the 2,640,000 web sites that come up with a Google search for Jews against zionism.

The person that I was replying to thought that I was a Muslim so I corrected him.

1. livelonger profile image87

Wow, and millions of Arabs for Israel, too!

Would have never known if you hadn't shown me this quick, statistically-rigorous way to determine the number of supporters out there.

2. profile image0

You're are the nicest most kind person I ever met!

2. profile image0

I agree 100%! We should pack up our military, close our borders and severly restrict trade. I know we don't any ungrateful Leeches!

America was not discovered for the Americans. Only after discovery and migration, the Europeans called themselves Americans. Now you all think America is for you and you are for America!

3. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry...but I have noticed this on several forum threads.  What is up with all the "I hate Americans" posts?  You are aware you are writing on an American based site, yeah?

Because it is based in America, should everyone follow American policies?

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  I don't see your assumptive statement written anywhere within my words.  This was a direct question asked of the person I quoted.

(Funny!)

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely not. Actually, althought HubPages is based in the U.S.co, nearly half the participants are from other countries which is one reason why it is interesting.

That is why I continue my comments in HP. American society is more magnanimous than any other western society, where the sentiments of others are respected.

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Very sane attitude, after dozens of years of insanity smile

8. Make  Money profile image66

Hey sneakorocksolid from now on when you reply to a post that I made keep your reply outside of my quote, so your reply does not look like it was said by me.
    GOT IT!?

You said this within my quote.

"I also hope that comes with a caveat, that if any hostillity occurs towards Israel once they leave the occupied land then they amy take it back and keep it!"

You actually think Israel is going to leave the occupied lands peacefully do you? roll

You also said this within my quote.

"If combatant #1 attacks combatant #2 and loses then the land occupied by combatant #1 that is lost at the end of hostilities and comes under control of combatant #2 becomes the property of combatant #2, NO DO OVERS!"

No do overs?  We are not talking about marbles or some other child's game.  Besides who made up your rules.  If every country was to act like that there would be more wars.

1. profile image0
  9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Oh mm, you're not going to cry are you? That is a well established way of answering someones arguement point by point. Look sweety, I'm going to do whatever I want and you can go cry in a corner. To avoid this in the future sweety, I suggest you make one point at a time and the need to answer the way I did will be unnecessary.

Look you've yet to answer my complete post which means you have no intention to be honest. If you want your name associated with a bunch of clowns, go for it! I'll stick with the sane and rational, thanks.

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I'm still waiting.

What are you waiting for <no personal attacks>?

1. profile image0

Nothing I guess.

11. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

Achieving a peaceful settlement in Palestine along the lines proposed by Clinton and now Obama would remove a significant motive for terrorism against the United States and our allies. The perception that the United States one-sidedly supports Israel on issues involving Palestine has damaged our relations throughout the Arab world and helped Al Qaida recruit and train terrorists bent on attacking us in the United States and our facilities around the world. Bush and Cheney brag that they prevented further terrorist attacks since 9-11 when the truth is that our unnecessary, foolish and costly invasion of Iraq caused more, not less, terrorism. Our invasion of Iraq attracted and created a training ground for terrorists from throughout the Middle East.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, forcing Israel to give up its land will make them love us! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

1. Pr0metheus profile image58
        Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lets do it!  Who cares about Israel!?

The United States does.

2. Make  Money profile image66

Forcing Israel to give up the illegal settlements is the one and only road map for peace in the middle east.

"Illegal"? According to what law?

If you believe Israel is an illegitimate state and want to see it cease to exist then come right out and say so. There are others who agree with you, if you want to be in their company.

Illegal settlements according to over 300 UN resolutions against Israel.  Scroll back through this thread.

I said no such thing regarding Israel's right to exist.  And neither has Hammas according to a UN envoy to Palestine that I heard interviewed on CBC this past week.  In fact this UN envoy said just before Israel's bloody incursions into Gaza in Dec 2008 and Jan 2009 that Hammas was drawing up plans to end all missiles for a period of ten years.  When the CBC reporter asked the UN envoy what Canada could do to help the peace process the UN envoy basically said to keep all reports on the middle east unbiased.  It was clearly obvious that the CBC reporter was taken aback with this comment.  The next time the report aired that day the expression on the CBC reporter's face was filtered out.  The CBC reporter was Hairy Forestelle.

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
                Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Those 300 UN resolutions were probably brought up by the Muslim countries in their continuous effort to discredit Israel.  I don't think those resolutions are credible.

It doesn't matter if you think they are credible or not.  Yeah they were brought up by UN officials, independent reporting and of course Muslims themselves.  Let's face it that is who the Israeli Defense Force are committing these human rights acts against.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
              2. tksensei profile image59

LOL! Is the UN the governing body of the state of Israel?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

The adoption of UNSCOP's recommendation to partition Palestine by the United Nations General Assembly in 1947[1] was one of the earliest decisions of the UN. Since then, it maintained a central role in this region, especially by providing support for Palestinian refugees via the UNRWA and by providing a platform for Palestinian political claims via the CEIRPP, the UNDPR, the SCIIP, the UNISPAL and the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. The UN has sponsored several peace negotiations between the parties, the latest being the 2002 Road map for peace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel,_Pa … ed_Nations

TK, I don't recall that you have ever contributed a fact to any discussions on this forum. And your hubs, in my opinion, reveal evidence of mental issues.

That is a personal attack.

2. profile image0

Give the palestinians the vatican.

2. egiv profile image61

Well said.

12. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Here's something that bears on the legal status of Israel from Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs which acknowledges a UN role in its founding--

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Peace%20Proce … f%20Israel

13. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Here's the Wikipedia entry on Israel's borders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borders_of_Israel

Here are a couple of relevant excerpts:

n March 1921, Colonial Secretary, Winston Churchill, visited Jerusalem. After a discussion with Emir Abdullah it was agreed that the Jewish National Home objective for the proposed Palestinian Mandate territory would not apply to the Mandate territory EAST of the Jordan River. In accordance with that agreement, the Churchill White Paper of June 3, 1922 stated explicitly that "the terms of the [Balfour] Declaration referred to do not contemplate that Palestine as a whole should be converted into a Jewish National Home, but that such a Home should be founded 'in Palestine'."

The United Nations in June 2000 was called upon to decide the border between Lebanon and Israel, in order to determine whether Israel had fully withdrawn from Lebanon in compliance with Security Council Resolution 425. This line came to be called the Blue Line. At the same time, the United Nations did not have to consider the legally demarcated international boundary between Lebanon and the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights, as that was not required for the purpose of Resolution 425. Accordingly, the border between Lebanon and the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights is expressly not to be called the Blue Line.

1. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some additional History for fact sake; Jon
      The Balfor Decloration Below,

LEGAL RIGHT OF ISRAEL FOR ALL THE LAND WEST OF JORDAN

ACCORDING TO INTERNATIONAL LAW, ISRAEL HAS THE LEGAL RIGHT TO ALL OF THE LAND WEST OF THE JORDAN INCLUDING THE WEST BANK.  Of course the PLO and the Arab terrorists claim the West Bank as their own.  However, we must look at the evidence for the truth:  the Balfour Agreement.  Below is a summary of the events.

In 1517, the Turks controlled the Middle East for 400 years.  In 1917, the British won the war due to the help of the brilliant Jewish chemist Cheim Weizman.  As a result, Lord Balfour gave the Jews their homeland consisting of all of Jordan and the land west of the Jordan River.  This was called the Balfour Agreement. 

In 1920, the League of Nations ratified the Balfour Agreement.  In 1922, under pressure from the Arabs, the British and the League of Nations took away Jordan.  The Jews and the Arabs signed this agreement.  In 1947, the UN offered the Partition Plan, but the Arabs rejected it.  When the United Nations recognized Israel as a nation on May 14, 1948, the Arabs declared war on Israel.  Israel defended herself, but Jordan took the West Bank.  In the 1967 war Israel took back the West Bank which was legally hers by international law. 

Below is more information on this agreement:

Historical Importance: The 1917 letter that made public the British support of a Jewish homeland in Palestine led the League of Nations to entrust the United Kingdom with the Palestine Mandate in 1922.

Dates: November 2, 1917
      Overview of the Balfour Declaration: The Balfour Declaration, a letter from British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Lord Rothschild in which the British made public their support of a Jewish homeland in Palestine, was a product of years of careful negotiation.  After centuries of living in a diaspora, the 1894 Dreyfus Affair in France shocked Jews into realizing they would not be safe from arbitrary anti-semitism unless they had their own country. In response, Jews created the new concept of political Zionism in which it was believed that through active political maneuvering, a Jewish homeland could be created. Zionism was becoming a popular concept by the time World War I began.  During World War I, Great Britain needed help. Since Germany (Britain's enemy during WWI) had cornered the production of acetone -- an important ingredient for arms production -- Great Britain may have lost the war if Chaim Weizmann had not invented a fermentation process that allowed the British to manufacture their own liquid acetone.  It was this fermentation process that brought Weizmann to the attention of David Lloyd George (minister of ammunitions) and Arthur James Balfour (previously the British prime minister but at this time the first lord of the admiralty). Chaim Weizmann was not just a scientist; he was also the leader of the Zionist movement.  Weizmann's contact with Lloyd George and Balfour continued, even after Lloyd George became prime minister and Balfour was transferred to the Foreign Office in 1916. Additional Zionist leaders such as Nahum Sokolow also pressured Great Britain to support a Jewish homeland in Palestine.  Though Balfour, himself, was in favor of a Jewish state, Great Britain particularly favored the declaration as an act of policy. Britain wanted the United States to join World War I and the British hoped that by supporting a Jewish homeland in Palestine, world Jewry would be able to sway the U.S. to join the war.  Though the Balfour Declaration went through several drafts, the final version was issued on November 2, 1917, in a letter from Balfour to Lord Rothschild, president of the British Zionist Federation. The main body of the letter quoted the decision of the October 31, 1917 British Cabinet meeting.  This declaration was accepted by the League of Nations on July 24, 1922 and embodied in the mandate that gave Great Britain temporary administrative control of Palestine. 

In 1939, Great Britain reneged on the Balfour Declaration by issuing the White Paper, which stated that creating a Jewish state was no longer a British policy. It was also Great Britain's change in policy toward Palestine, especially the White Paper, that prevented millions of European Jews to escape from Nazi-occupied Europe to Palestine.

The Balfour Declaration (it its entirety):

Foreign Office
      November 2nd, 1917

Dear Lord Rothschild,

I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet.

"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely,
      Arthur James Balfour

14. Jose Aliaga profile image59
    Jose Aliagaposted 14 years ago

I do believe that the American people are not the people of problems, The American people are the people of Solutions.

15. Make  Money profile image66

@ dutchman

"In both Houses of Parliament there is growing movement of hostility, against Zionist policy in Palestine, which will be stimulated by recent Northcliffe articles. I do not attach undue importance to this movement, but it is increasingly difficult to meet the argument that it is unfair to ask the British taxpayer, already overwhelmed with taxation, to bear the cost of imposing on Palestine an unpopular policy."
    Feb 1922 Winston Churchill

Sir John Evelyn Shuckburgh of the new Middle East department of the Foreign Office discovered that the correspondence prior to the declaration was not available in the Colonial Office, 'although Foreign Office papers were understood to have been lengthy and to have covered a considerable period'." The 'most comprehensive explanation' of the origin of the Balfour Declaration the Foreign Office was able to provide was contained in a small 'unofficial' note of Jan 1923 affirming that:

"little is known of how the policy represented by the Declaration was first given form. Four, or perhaps five men were chiefly concerned in the labour-the Earl of Balfour, the late Sir Mark Sykes, and Messrs. Weizmann and Sokolow, with perhaps Lord Rothschild as a figure in the background. Negotiations seem to have been mainly oral and by means of private notes and memoranda of which only the scantiest records are available, even if more exists."

So of the 4 or 5 deciders on the Balfour Declaration 3 of them were zionists. lol

"The Arabs expressed disapproval in November 1918 at the parade marking the first anniversary of the Balfour Declaration. The Muslim-Christian Association protested the carrying of new 'white and blue banners with two inverted triangles in the middle'. They drew the attention of the authorities to the serious consequences of any political implications in raising the banners.

Later that month, on the first anniversary of the occupation of Jaffa by the British, the Muslim-Christian Association sent a lengthy memorandum and petition to the military governor protesting once more any formation of a Zionist state."

The Arabs had good reason for expressing disapproval.  Have you ever heard of Lawrence of Arabia?  Lawrence of Arabia, an English officer made the deal with the Arabs of Palestine and the surrounding region that they would unite the Arab tribes to overthrow the Turks that had controlled the region for the previous 400 years for the promise that there would not be a zionist state in Palestine.  The Turks were overthrown by the Arab tribes.  So Balfour and the 3 zionists had no right to draw up the Balfour Declaration.  No wonder it holds no weight.  Besides what right would England have in giving a peoples land to another people.

@ sneak
    Thanks for bumping up my posts.  I hope everyone takes a look at those links.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)