I'd like feedback on my article: Easy Ways to Lower Cholesterol at Home

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Jinky Manalo profile image76
    Jinky Manaloposted 5 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article? What can I do to improve? Thanks!
    Here is my article: Easy Ways to Lower Cholesterol at Home (must be signed in to view)

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are mixing together medical advice and myths. Cite your sources and use copyright free images.  More importantly, choose topics where you have special experience or expertise.  This topic is covered by high authority sites like WebMD and they will get the traffic.

Jinky Manaloposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice thoughts! thankyou very much. I will do my best to improve my article. God bless

2. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 5 years ago

Hi, Jinky. There are several aspects of your article that could be improved, but I'd like to concentrate on some of your health claims.

First, since you've written a health hub, you need to add authoritative references for your facts and recommendations.

Next, you say that beer has a high cholesterol level. Beer is made from a fermented grain (as I'm sure you know). Cholesterol is present in foods and drinks from animal sources, not plants.

Another point I'd like to raise is you say that people should jog for one to three hours every morning. The average exerciser couldn't do this without a lot a training, even if they had the time. It could be dangerous for someone who is out shape to try exercising for this long. It's important that you check how much jogging is actually required to lower the cholesterol level and to state safety precautions for people who want to start jogging.

Jinky Manaloposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I will do my best to improve it. thankyou

3. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 5 years ago

I'm no doctor but dietary cholesterol is not the baddie that it is made out to be. You may want to do some more research.

"Although it may seem logical that eating cholesterol would raise blood cholesterol levels, it usually doesn't work that way." https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/di … r#section3

Having said that, you shouldn't even be offering medical advice if you are not suitably qualified. If you do have relevant qualifications, then make sure you add them to the article bio.

What is this bit, "High cholesterol as been said by oldies and doctors can be inherited..."? Oldies?

As the other reviewers say, you need to include proof and references for your claims for the beneficial effects of your recommendations. Writing about health topics is a minefield unless you work in that area. Just regurgitating 'facts' you find on the internet is not the way to do it.

Have you ever had a squash shake? big_smile What was it like? And have you got permission to use that image?

Good luck.

Edited.

4. erorantes profile image48
    erorantesposted 5 years ago

Good morning miss jinky Manalo. I like your information about the cholesterol level. Please add the average weight on a person to have those numbers on the cholesterol chart. How much weight a person is to be less than 150 Or no more than 200. Exercising reduce the cholesterol leve. Some people need pills to reduce it. Diet is the most important habit to get healthy again. I like your article. You need to Organize the words in each capsule. The title and subtitles need to be change into capital letters. The grammar need to be change. You need to read the hub pages learning center to read the rules to write a hub. The punctuation is limited in the hubs. I like the pictures. If you paid or are free pictures you can used any pictures related to your hub. Good like. See you around in the site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)