Have Conservatives Fulfilled Donald Trump's Dream of Becoming King?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)
  1. My Esoteric profile image85
    My Esotericposted 5 years ago

There should be no question in anybody's mind, including his supporters, that Donald Trump wants to be king and not president.  The difference between his supporters and everybody else is they want him to be king as well.

Virtually (that is a qualifier folks) every thing he does oozes of that goal.  From rule by EO to agreeing Russia should have invaded Afghanistan to ripping families apart on a whim to shutting down the government (because a couple of conservative talking heads told him to) even though he and PROMISED to sign the funding bill Sen Mitch McConnell got through with nearly (another qualifier) a unanimous vote from Democrats and Conservatives. (A veto proof majority, by the way.)

It wouldn't work, of course, if Conservatives voted their beliefs rather than cower in front of all powerful Oz; putting their hands over their mouths, eyes, and ears - simultaneously mind you.

Obama's excuse for using executive orders, of course, was Conservatives were in lockstep to defeat him and they had total control through most (yet another qualifier) of his administration.  Also, most of Obama's EOs were legal.

Trump has no such problem because he owns the House, he owns the Senate, and he owns the Supreme Court (albeit weakly, but it is still in his favor).  Yet he rules by EO because he can't even get his Conservative (save for the Freedom Caucus) to agree with most of what he does.  With each major blunder, like precipitously pulling out of Syria leaving our allies there to die, even though we (not he) promised not to.

The bottom line is, because of Conservative cowardice, they are letting Trump be King.

Fortunately, with Democrats having taken over the House, PROPER oversight can begin.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You appear to make this crap up as you go. Is there any evidence that anyone has called for Trump to be crowned? If so, please present it. Otherwise, I'm going to finally accept that you honestly choose to be out of touch with reality.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Imaginative, reasonless rhetoric - just more effort to degrade the presidency without any cause.  What else can be said about a claim that Trump owns both houses but has to "rule" by EO because he can't get the votes out of the houses that he owns?

2. My Esoteric profile image85
        My Esotericposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And you appear to be blissfully ignorant to the reality of the world (also deaf and blind) since his penchant for authoriantarian is widely reported and discussed.  Just google it and you will find hundreds of articles as I did.  There are even some from the Trump propaganda outlet Fox Opinion.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/06/ … tator.html

It is called a Freudian Slip because she spoke what she really thought.

Also, why are Trump supporters so blind to reality?  While I have my own hubs on the subject, here is one from professionals (my source was one of the original researchers on Authoritarian Personality Syndrome.)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog … key-traits

Now, I realize this is from people with lots of education, so I doubt you will believe it.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It really is hopeless, myesoteric. Trumpeters have built themselves a big, beautiful wall of denial. Trump could be caught on video kissing Putin's patootie and they would rationalize the behavior and deny their own eyes and ears.

You got that right, Pretty Panther.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'll make this very simple. Trump is the president. He won the election fair and square. There is another election coming real soon. Vote. And accept the outcome graciously.

Trump is not king. Trump will never be king. This reminds me of the hoopla when Obama was president. For those who didn't like it, it is over. This, too, will pass.

Yes, unfortunately he did win the election, but it was hardly "fair and square".  It is obvious to everybody but Trump acolytes that the Russian interference on his behalf was more than enough to sway 80,000 votes in the three states that carried him over the line.  He is illegitimate.

I didn't say Trump IS King, did I?  I said Trump WANTS to be King and the Conservatives are helping him achieve it.  And I did imply he is acting like he is king.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)