Sollett's $10,000 Bail k e p t !!!

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years ago

HOW COME ????

Info from Wikipedia:
    "During a public statement, Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, "Allegations against Mr. Smollett are shameful and if proven, they are an affront to the people of Chicago who embraced him as a neighbor and respected him as a role model... We stand behind the work of our detectives."

It was reported that a former Obama era aide, a Chicago attorney, Tina Tchen, who served as former first lady Michelle Obama’s chief of staff and others, were contacted to try to convince them to "Reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation" in lieu of the Chicago Police Department, which was agreed upon. A Smollett family member responded, "Omg this would be a huge victory."[90] In text messages, Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx told an unknown person who contacted her through Tchen, that she "spoke to the superintendent" and was "trying to figure out logistics."

Charges dropped
    On March 26, 2019, all charges filed against Smollett were dropped and expunged from the criminal records.

The court kept his $10,000 bail. yikes  !!!!

I wonder how poor Jussie feels ABOUT THAT?!

2. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

If someone falsely accuses you because of internet propaganda and you lose 100 USD as bail to put it all behind you, you'd probably know how he feels. Until then people have to speculate about his feelings.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do you really believe he was accused because of internet propaganda?

Did you see the police superintendent and the mayor at their press conference? They were ticked because they were not told of the action, nor why it was taken, and that now the records are sealed so they can't find out. (more or less)

Did you know that the charges were recommended by a grand jury that saw evidence that prompted their recommendation?

Were you really serious about that "internet propaganda" statement? Do you really think those Chicago detectives reversed course because of internet propaganda?

Something stinks. I don't know what it is, but something about this really stinks.

GA

1. lobobrandon profile image87
        lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Of course not. But this case is only high profile because of the person he is. I am sure there are many other similar cases out there. Why focus on this one alone?

Let law go it's route, unless you find something wrong in the system. Then work on fixing that. If this case is one of those where money wins, then something needs to be done about it.

Also, the OP asked how he feels not how I feel about the case. If you go back and read my statement you will see that I said it's not possible to guess what someone is feeling. I am a strong believer in innocent until proven guilty and right now he is set free which means he is still considered innocent. So yeah, I still stand by what I said because he is still innocent until put in prison.

I personally believe he needs prison time considering the reports out there. But the judicial system should be the one to look into these reports and make a decision not you or I.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why focus on this one, as opposed to others not reported? I'm surprised you'd ask that.

There are many cases reported. They just don't make it to social media, my point being made. Thanks.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

This was on major news sites. That's how it gained national attention. It wasn't a Facebook phenomena.

Your point remains invalid.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69
          Miebakagh57posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi, lobobrandon, I agreed. But if the law will find him innocent, what is the issue in the first place of posting the matter as a community service? Is that in the legal system? Have you read my initial reaction to the challenge? Many thanks.

Yes, I read your initial reaction and chose not to comment because there is a lot more in there that would need a thread of its own.

2. GA Anderson profile image88

Just for clarification Miebakagh57, he wasn't found innocent, the prosecutor just declined to prosecute the charges.

The DA's office issued a statement saying they felt the $10,000 bond forfeiture and 2 days of community service were an "alternative manner" of settling the case.

GA

3. GA Anderson profile image88

Hi Brandon, I don't disagree with this comment. It was your inference that he was accused of "internet propaganda" that I thought was misguided.

GA

I often pick some words and don't fill in the gaps, but then again it was 2 am and I was in a hurry to write that.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Good to know.

2. GA Anderson profile image88

Yes, I know about those late night comments. I have had to eat a few myself.

GA

2. Live to Learn profile image60

LOL. I can only assume you know absolutely nothing about the case, other than what you saw on internet propaganda.

This is completely strange. The only thing I can figure is the guys who were picked up for assaulting him did, without any collusion with Jessie and he is refusing to press charges.

That is a stretch, in trying to find some way to see this where Jessie doesn't look completely bad.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Since he's innocent, it's not fair.
    Right?

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

(hint: he's not that innocent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Another example of totally real WHITE PRIVILEGE Oh wait, that's not it, is it? There's no privilege in being white at all. This must be anti-white privilege.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Almost every fake hate crime, and this case being just another of many, is meant entirely to defame white people just like me.

In fact, fake hate crimes are hate crimes.

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org/

7. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 5 years ago

Joe Magats, the first assistant state's attorney who made the final decision to drop the charges against Jussie Smollett, says in an interview: "We didn't exonerate him." The charges against Smollett were dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, he said, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

"Here's the thing -- we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety."

"We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence."

Still, I agree with GA. Something stinks. But I'll reserve my theory until I get my tin foil hat.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

"alternative manner?" Is that like alternative facts?

Chicago's mayor was on CNN - he's pissed. He addressed the 2 days of community service as a punishment thing.  He was not happy.

Now we have to wait until a poor nobody doesn't gets off with 2 days community service.

GA

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Looks like he bought his way out of it. $10,000 is just pocket change to someone making the kind of dough he makes. This has nothing to do with race. It is the age old rich buying their way out of trouble.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Gosh, we are so NICE.

We should be wholly and unanimously outraged.

He is lying so that the whole of Chicago doesn't come unglued for racial injustice or something to that effect.

He is getting away with lying and its really a disaster, which is an understatement.
    He broke rules and he should be held accountable. Community service is enough? if so, it is setting a precedent. Can we afford this precedent?

prec·e·dent
    noun
    presəd(ə)nt/

1. An earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

"There are substantial precedents for using interactive media in training."
    synonyms:
    model, exemplar, example, pattern, previous case, prior case, previous instance/example, prior instance/example; paradigm, criterion, yardstick, standard, lead, guide

"There are few precedents for this sort of legislation."

Computer Dictionary.

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Solette him off the hook.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

You shall have no other Gods before me
    You shall not make for yourselves an idol
    You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God
    Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy
    Honor your father and your mother
    You shall not murder
    You shall not commit adultery
    You shall not steal
    You shall not give false testimony
    You shall not covet

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

We can't have a successful democratic republic without morals and values.

JUSTICE!

He has to live with himself.
    Glad I'm not him.

Kathryn L Hillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"In the last two years, the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office has referred more than 5,700 cases for alternative prosecution. This is not a new or unusual practice," the office said in a statement. "An alternative disposition does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities with the case or the evidence. We stand behind the Chicago Police Department's investigation and our decision to approve charges in this case. We did not exonerate Mr. Smollett. The charges were dropped in return for Mr. Smollett's agreement to do community service and forfeit his $10,000 bond to the City of Chicago."
      https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/j … 73291.html

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Or it could be tit for tat: Trump was cleared of "Russian Collusion", so...
    why not ...

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
  14. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Hi, all, all this sounds more about America. I am a Nigerian, and lives in my country, Nigeria. Community service as a sort of punishment for criminal activity? Nigeria is yet to reach that stage. I pray you America peoples do not export it here. Your democracy is trying to destroy every good thing in Nigeria.

Before you people come here as Englishmen, Missionaries, teacher, traders, explorers, Nigeria is a state of paradise. Though war is fought, the dimension is minimal.

Now, you are talking or creating community service in lieu of punishment. When I was in university, community service was used to help develop rural areas. What was the crime? None. If you graduate above 35 years as a part-time student you go for a community service likewise. And that is in the area the university is situated. If you graduate full time, you go and do the mandatory one year National Youth Service Corps.

Nevertheless, because of the nasty American democracy, graduates are now refusing to go for the NYSC in states other than their state of origin for avoiding being killed by Moslem extremities. ISIS is not to be reckoned with. The government seems to be not able to handle them. Thank you.

15. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

oh really? just because he was rich?
    I don't think so.

It has to do with something else.
    Maybe that he was just so stupid and it was such a pathetically dumb attempt to stage a scene fueled by ridiculous political hatred of Trump.

In other words, he was just a kid, an actor who got carried away with his own acting talents, and he gets a spanking ...
    but thats it.

16. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Meanwhile, America ignores the dangers of developing 5G technology.
    Here, I depart from Trump.
    sad

5G technology? What has that got to do with the Sollestt's $10,000 bail fall out? Thank you.

10,000 is divisible by 5. Or maybe 5G stands for 5 grand which still divides 10,000 with a modulus of zero.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Because this stupid issue and others are taking our attention away from

Matters of True Urgency:

*5G is about to usher in an era of artificial intelligence.

*Common Core is ushering in an era of stupid mind-less/soul-less people

It stinks I tell you.
        Rats are dying and we put up with the smell.

(I'm so mad I can't even make good analogies any more.)

5G performance targets high data rate, reduced latency, energy saving, cost reduction, higher system capacity, and massive device connectivity.

It has absolutely nothing to do with artificial intelligence. You can have artificial intelligence on a 3G network too.

But I do agree that these things are taking away from more serious pressing issues.

No, I read that the autonomous cars and trucks need 5G waves.

We need human drivers, I say.

No they do not need 5G and they are not some different kind of waves per se. You can have autonomous vehicles on 4G or 3G the only difference is that the current available bandwith is already preoccupied doing different things. 5G just makes it possible to have faster communication and less latency.

Airplanes fly on autopilot, I don't see the problem with cars being autonomous. There are other dangers of AI, yes, but autonomous cars aren't one of them. Hacking and getting control of those cars could be a concern, but that does not mean autonomous cars are the problem. Security is. Email can be hacked right now, bank accounts can be hacked, does not make 2G bad.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't studied the effects of 5G yet. However will wonders never cease! I found something to agree with Trump on and that's Jussie Smollett.

A record of a person found not guilty should never be sealed. That smacks of something to hide, and the rich guy buying his way out of trouble. (Trump didn't say that, I did.)

17. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Mr. Smollett should have been tried in court. His records should not have been sealed.
    The policeman should not have publicly judged him before his trial.
    The public should have allowed him to be innocent until proven guilty.
    Instead, the fact that the public did not allow him to be innocent until proven guilty was used as an excuse by the DA to set him free.
    The ten grand and community service were his punishment for staging a hate crime against the president.
    He was lucky to have an extra10G floating around.

Okay?  Now, lets move on to 5G!
    smile

Hi, in the browser, it was said "Sollet's." In the discussion smoilett. And bring the 5G technology in all this, I think we are disgressing? All comments welcomed. Thank you.

Yes, I accidentally dropped the m in the title. I can understand you are confused. I am sorry.
        We are breaking the rules big time by discussing a totally unrelated topic, (5G frequency,) and no one, except you, is holding us accountable.
        (sound familiar?)
        If you tell on us, (report us to the HubPage team) we could be banned.
        But you will not do that.
        You know we do not mean any evil intent.
        You will let us off the hook, just as Jussie Smollett was let off the hook.

Thank you. smile

PS The 5G discussion will be held elsewhere from now on.

Okay, I agreed. When some persons have not fully known or understand what is 3G OR 4G? The world is a wonderful place to live.

Yup. Or a scary place.

Not really.

18. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Repeating:

The  health effects of 5G waves:

1. DNA single and double-strand breaks (which leads to cancer)
    2. oxidative damage (which leads to tissue deterioration and premature ageing)
    3. disruption of cell metabolism
    4. increased blood-brain barrier permeability
    5. melatonin reduction (leading to insomnia and increasing cancer risks)
    6. disruption of brain glucose metabolism
    7. generation of stress proteins (leading to myriad diseases)

The effects of #4 are the most serious. Leading to Alzheimer’s.
    #5 is pretty crummy too.

Sources for each of these statements, please. Also, list the sources that specifically say 5G causes these issues and regular 2G is safe.

There have already been problems with autonomous vehicles.

It has been declared that sitting with a lap top on your belly is harmful to the developing fetus.

Brain cancer has been declared to be caused by cell phone use.

Children whose skulls are softer than adults should not be exposed to an over-abundance of computer radiation.

The human body is made up of cells with brains which operate with electro magnetic energy. Who is to say that the frequencies in the air all around us do not mess with these tiny brain mechanisms.

Without doing a lot of research, it just stands to reason.

But you are right, we need to see the research.

No. I never denied anything, I merely asked for some research that says 5G tech is any different from 2G tech on our bodies. Some of the points have been proven to be true, and I specifically asked for resources that say 5G is any different from 2G physically to us and our surroundings.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Hi, Kathryn, I agreed with lobobrandon. I want a link to all these symptoms.  Otherwise, you are just suggesting. But that is not wrong in itself. A theory is a good thing for investigation. You are always welcomed.

... well, someone made up that list and I have heard these symptoms being discussed on Talk Radio. A woman wrote a book about it, but I don't remember who she was.

Might do a little research if others were interested and contribute "elsewhere" (the thread I started on 5G dangers) for further discussion. If they don't, I'll probably just let this topic go.  But, in all actuality, who wants to know the dangers? Besides, there is no stopping this insidious "progress."

Furthermore, its all invisible. Can anyone prove or determine the effects of these wavelengths?
        No we will wait to see the symptoms. And I live in LA, a testing ground for the first towers emitting G5 electromagnetic wavelengths.

I came across a tower in my neighborhood and the shrubs around it were dead. There was a sign on a locked gate warning people to not come any closer due to dangerous electromagnetic frequencies.

19. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 5 years ago

Hi, my question is still: what has 5G technology has got to do with Sp;;et's $10,000? Thanks again.

who is Sp;;t?

LOL
      lol

Hi, Kathryn, I'm sorry. I mean Smoillett. Thanks.

20. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

How come no one wants to go elsewhere to discus G5?  You cannot herd cats.
    Humans are like cats I guess.

https://hubpages.com/technology/forum/3 … -dangerous

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)