Is hell real to you? If so, what do you think it will be like?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)
  1. bayareagreatthing profile image60
    bayareagreatthingposted 14 years ago

Is hell real to you? If so, what do you think it will be like?

I wrote a little about what I thought hell might be like (http://hubpages.com/hub/Afraid-of-the-Dark)  but wondered what others would have to offer.  Maybe you don't believe in hell and want to share what you believe happens when you leave here. Thanks for your input!

2. sarovai profile image74
    sarovaiposted 14 years ago

Hell or heaven. Depends on your attitude your experiencing in the present life itself. For example, Some people use more shortcuts in life and live comfortable life. we think he /she living heavenly life. In reality , their other side is hell. So, the percentage of heaven to hell will differ man to man. I believe hell or heaven until death , we experience in real life only.After death, I have not experienced.

3. bayareagreatthing profile image60
    bayareagreatthingposted 14 years ago

Thank you for your answer and your honest reflection on the subject.

4. MIKEVER profile image59
    MIKEVERposted 14 years ago

Hello friend, this is a good question to ask in a generation where hell has turn to a slang in the mouth. Hell is real.
    God never design this place for any man but the devil, demons and anyman that refuse God's part to salvation.
    Check the following passages; Matthew 5:22,29 and 30, 10:28, 18:9, Deuteronomy 32:22.  and many more all over the bible.
    In spme men's imagination hell is not real is as well as saying God is not real because he cannot tell a lie.
    Many more passages can be visited through PC Bible or any other concordance bible.
    You need to turn your heart to Jesus, and fear will disappear

5. profile image52
    nightskaterposted 14 years ago

Hell is real to me and I sure don't want to meet the guy in charge down there. In the bible it talks about Satan being thrown into a Lake of Fire. That is hot. I can't even imagine what it will be like, but I know for sure that it won't be fun. This is the actual verse. Revelation 20:10 says "And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever." Hope I never go there. To be honest I think it will be worse than the horror movies we've seen on T.V. It will be more horrible than the Holocaust and what they went through. No one there will ever be at peace or find any hope. It will have been ripped away. Everything will be intensified beyond being able to bear and it will go on for eternity, repeating itself over and over. But God provided a way out. He sent his only son so we don't have to go there. If we don't accept what he has offered us we will go to Hell also. God never wanted it, but he gave man freedom of choice. It's not up to him whether we go to Heaven or Hell. We choose, but who would want to go to Hell? Really?

6. HowToHypnotise profile image61
    HowToHypnotiseposted 14 years ago

My preference is to believe that we make our own Heaven and Hell here on earth. It is what you are doing NOW that determines the trajectory of your life.

Does that mean that I believe that evil doesn't exist? .... perhaps it does.

Do I think the an Infinite God that holds all of existance in and out of time can be 'insulted' by whether you believe in some 'doctrine' or not? No ... and this is a double NO for thinking that an infinite being would then take one of it's puny creations and 'punish' it for eternity becuase God felt insulted or offended or 'wronged' in some way. I mean ... come on folks - how can you insult or offend or hurt infinity.

Just a thought ...

7. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

Well I dont think anybody that comments here can say what it was like, but this is why
    http://hubpages.com/hub/For-the-HELL-of-it

8. EdG. profile image59
    EdG.posted 14 years ago

Hell is what humans make it. As long as we exist, we will continue to make this world Hell. Why be concerned with what happens when you "leave here" when this life, right here, is your only chance for true salvation. You don't want to go to hell? Well then do something to make the world you already live in a better place. You've only got one shot at this life and if you're too preoccupied with what happens next to make a meaningful contribution to society, then you might as well go to Hell.

9. dabeaner profile image61
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

I wasn't going to comment on this, but what the hell, here goes.  Oh, never mind, what the hell?

10. Hugh Williamson profile image75
    Hugh Williamsonposted 14 years ago

The bible says we are created in God's image and likeness. Suppose my child disobeys me and I throw him into a bonfire as punishment - am I a "loving but just father?" ...or, am I a psychopath?
    God isn't a psychopath. To accuse him of inventing a place of torture and pain is, in my opinion, blasphemy. Hell is a construct of ancient superstitious people who were trying to define things in terms they could understand.
    The sooner we get beyond such negative ideas, the sooner we will claim our oneness with God and his creation and act accordingly.

11. M Cassian profile image61
    M Cassianposted 14 years ago

There are times when Jesus refers to Hell in the NT. But what he was depicting was an actual location on earth in the time He came to us. It was a trash heap, a place of desolation where no one would ever go. I think He was trying to give a direct picture as to what awaits them if they didn't adhere to His Word. As far as what I've heard people say about what Hell is like, I've heard people say that is it simply a place where we dwell eternally separated from the LORD. Which I believe. But if it is only that, I can not say. The Word talks of Hell as being a place where there is "weeping and gnashing of teeth for all eternity." It is not said in His Word that God created it. It only says He created Heaven and Earth. It also mentions that Lucifer was cast down out of Heaven like a bolt of lightning. The "down" portion of this causes me to speculate that Satan came down from Heaven to earth, and that his being dwells among us. Satan's goal is to cause separation between man and God in order to grieve the Spirit of God. I could say that Hell doesn't necessarily exist, yet. But the "Lake of Fire," as it is called, most definitely will when we reach the end of days. And that place is the place where many will face punishment for their unbelief. It is my personal belief that all who have perished in body, that their spirits or souls remain here on earth in wait of Judgement Day. During the last days, as the book of Revelation says, the dead shall rise and face their Judge. And one must hope that you have adequate payment for your bail. Which not one person posesses. "For all have fallen short of the glory of God," and, "The heart is desperately wicked, who can know it." I take comfort in the FACT that my bail, and countless others', has been posted by Jesus the Christ, IN FULL. Amen!

12. vaves1228_mp profile image61
    vaves1228_mpposted 14 years ago

Hell is real, it was heard by geologists who digged a very deep instrument below the earth's crust.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hell-is-Real

13. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 13 years ago

Agree with reeltaulk  - it's of your own making.

audio excerpt from Dante's Hell:
    http://exposureroom.com/members/ptosis/ … a0c41d3fb/

"It was the bestial life – not human, that pleased me best.
    Mule that I was.
    I must be thrust this far down because I was a thief,
    for which another, falsely was condemned."

14. rsrcabdi profile image58
    rsrcabdiposted 13 years ago

i hope i would guest if you read the gospel or believer the hell is real thing and waiting us. it is the punishment of God with our deeds that we do in this world. for sure the universe is unfolding and witness is we see burying family members and that we are sure about we are sentenced to death by God. then when judgement comes will be if we deserve the hell or the mercy of God and his paradise. so i think you can guest what the punishment of god can be like. the god that is managing the storms and the earth quakes we see in this world. i recommend you read a lot about the revelations of God either the Koran of islam or the Bible of the christianity

15. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 13 years ago

First of all There is a huge difference between HELL and THE LAKE OF FIRE.
    HELL is a waiting place for those souls who have not accepted Jesus as yet, but might. Jesus will visit Hell during His second coming to offer those souls the opportunity to accept Him or not.

The LAKE OF FIRE on the other hand is where Satan, The Anti-Christ, The False Profit and those who refuse to accept Jesus will be banished to for eternity.

16. neorane profile image60
    neoraneposted 13 years ago

Hell is real in the sense of it being two things*. First, a state of being, second a place.  If you study languages and specifically Hebrew, the origin of the word in the scriptures refers to "spiritual world" or "paradise". This designates a physical location as a place where one goes after death.  After Jesus died, he visited this "world of spirits" and mentions to the sinner on the cross beside him that he would soon spend that day with him in this place.  If you consider what is mentioned in the book of Peter, Christ goes to "hell" and teaches and organizes the spirits there to do his work.
    The second treatment of the word, is always described in context of continual burning/suffering and is typified with expressions like "lake of fire and brimstone".  Again, research a bit, it is used to designate a state of being.  Suggesting a mental and/or spiritual state of a spirit in "hell" as torment of conscience, guilt, and suffering. Note that the torment Christ suffered in the Atonement was one of both body and spirit.  As an unembodied person, who has died, you would therefore be suffering in spirit.
    Note that Christ tells David, that while he will suffer greatly, the Lord will not leave his soul in hell (both uses). One, Christ will save David from his sins, (relieve his torment of soul) and two that he will physically leave hell (spirit world) once he is resurrected and receives his body to be judged by the Lord and placed where He sees fit. 
    *The last and often mistreated interpretation of hell should really be referred to as something else entirely and is done so in Hebrew but not in the English language. That is the final destination for Satan and his followers.  This "hell" is reserved for all those who will not repent and have denied Christ. This use of the word signifies being 'cast out of Gods' presence' and not allowed to return thereto.  It is not used as the same 'world of spirits' but in a physical location somewhere else, a "second death" or "second hell" is suffered. 
    In my opinion this is the truest hell.  It would be one where you  feel the return of all the pain that you had in spirit in "hell" (spirit world) with the added feeling of pain now in your body as well, never to leave. You cannot die again.  Being out of God's influence and presence leaves you dark, alone, and left to suffer endlessly with a guilty conscience and possibly even evil spirits that did not receive a body attacking you in yours.

17. profile image50
    mailme.lagarposted 13 years ago

From time immomerial when we the human being understand the life as we think the two questions of paradise and hell always haunting and we search for the place in vain.   When some one say it is a paradise they can`t take you there.  When others say it is hell never they make you feel the hell. 

You can make a paradise of your living place without hurting others in any way.  When your life uplifted and you are in the position to help others you are living in paradise.  Mother Teresa the place is the abode and heaven on the earth.  Swami Vivekananda wherver he goes the place becomes heaven because of his richly thoughts.  When we relieve others from their pains we make them to live in heaven.  A hungriest human being know what is heaven when feed good square meal of food.  A poor where he can be offered with a place to live he certainly say heaven is the place where he live.  A lady have a nice child say heaven is the world gifted is his child.  Thus heaven is the place where you live and it is purely connected to your soul/body/mind and the society.

Hell is the place where you get hurted in one or other way the ways may be different but hurt is the feeling you cannot be denied and you have to bear the brunt. 

Earth is the beautiful place where you never know your path.  I did not say beyond the earth there is heaven or hell but whereever you are love the place and see how great it is.   

And the topic hell is it real? as a mere word of pronunciation let not it act on you... love the place and always in heaven. (Hell and heaven taken for place of living and nothing else).

18. home witch profile image70
    home witchposted 13 years ago

I personally don't believe in Hell. It's just something created by man to control others through fear and guilt.

19. Doc Snow profile image88
    Doc Snowposted 13 years ago

In my opinion, there is no hell, except local and temporary ones created upon this earth--usually by cruel, greedy or just unimaginative humans.

Luckily, none of these are eternal.

20. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Of course Hell is real, there are instances:
    (1) Concentration, labor & gulag camps where people endure beyond inhumane conditions e.g. being starved or fed the absolute minimum, living in primitive conditions, barbaric work conditions oftentimes to exhaustion/death, being subjected to the arbitrary dictates of those in charge, & turning humans into predators.. 
    https://hubstatic.com/12728126.jpg

(2) Parents who knowingly have children they know they can't take care of &/or have far more children than they can provide a decent quality of life for.  Such children grew up impoverished, without the basic amenities & opportunities.  They must often depend upon outside assistance either through churches, charities, more affluent relatives, &/or the government.  These children don't have normal childhoods as they are forced to be adults beyond their years because of selfish parents who don't care about the ramifications of their actions on their children.
    https://hubstatic.com/13148273.jpg

(3) People who are ostracized, bullied, & otherwise persecuted because they refuse to adhere to the respective paradigms of their respective sociocultural, familial, religious, &/or socioeconomic group.  There are subsets of these groups which have mandated & unspoken paradigms which are to be adhered to.  In essence, these groups have their own culture & ways of doing things.  However, there are those who refuse to adhere to such paradigms, wanting to establish their own primacy.  In some cases, they are viewed as oddities & methods, either covert or overt, are instituted to make them conform.  Those who rebel against such paradigm strictures, endure bullying or worse marginalization by their respective group.
    https://hubstatic.com/12392569.jpg

21. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)