CNN fact check: Trump makes 61 false claims in one week.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (63 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

Rather than Trump slowing down on making false statements, he's apparently doubling down on his lies according to a fact check by CNN. Last week he made 61 false claims, some against sitting congress members. Did anyone expect anything different?

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
      JAKE Earthshineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

https://hubstatic.com/14613719_f1024.jpg

Randy, by now I think everyone knows "Pansy Pants" Trump is a cowardly, corrupt, mentally bankrupt charlatan cult leader, nothing more nothing less, just like Marshall Applewhite, Jim Jones, Charles Manson etc etc: How didi it turn out for them ????

At this point Donald could disrobe completley and roll his pathetic wrinkled up obese flabby self down the entire length of Pennsylvania Ave and many would finally say that's the final straw and leave him where he flops to roast in the burning sun, but many within his small crazy core of followers including we presume some christian right charlatan leaders would just say HALLELUJAH, the orange blob is disrupting the system !!:

SAD but TRUE:

Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Some don't care he's a cretin, Jake. Some wallow in it...

I agree Randy, but that doesn't exonerate him from his High Crimes and Crimes Against HUMANITY right ?

2. breakfastpop profile image63
      breakfastpopposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Could you please tell me what the false statements are.

All 61?  No Pop, go google the story on CNN if you don't believe me. Is this something you really doubt after the thousands of lies already proven false?

Here, I did it for you.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/23/poli … index.html

Yeah Randy, could you please prove to breakfastpop that the Earth is round ??

He won't search for that either, Jake. He's a Trump supporter. yikes

Randy,

It is actually unbelievable that you are using CNN to check the facts. This organization is going down the tubes. They are losing viewership because they are no longer regraded as trustworthy. They are in the process of letting people go because their ratings are in the toilet. I did read the link you provided. As usual it was short on facts on long on innuendo. For CNN to say that facts matter is outrageous. They have been playing it fast and loose for a long time. In any event, remarks from the president about attendance at his rallies are inconsequential. Beyond a doubt he is very popular and people line  up to hear him speak. As far as Omar is concerned, criticism of her  and her actions. words and intent can't be critical enough. She is anti-America, anti-American, Anti-Trump and anti our way of life. I suggest you do a little more research about her background and associations. I wonder, do you not appreciate the state of our economy under the president's leadership?  I wonder do you not appreciate his attempts to negotiate trade deals for our country? Do you not see that small businesses are growing because of his removal of onerous regulations? Do you not appreciate his respect for our military and his actions to bring us back to the most powerful nation in the world? Do you not applaud his defeat of ISIS? Do you not appreciate his defense of law enforcement? Do you not appreciate his withdrawal from the bogus Iran deal?  The point is this Randy, you may not like Trump as a person, but he sure is a fine president who puts his money with his mouth is. He can fix problems. As he has pointed out many times, so much more could be solved if the Dems would come to the table and do their jobs.

1. profile image0
            promisemposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Should we then rely on Fox News and Fox anchors who campaign for Trump?

Otherwise, your laundry list of questions sound like they come straight from Fox.

https://hubstatic.com/14615080.jpg

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

Sez you, Pop. Where did you get the info of CNN being untrustworthy? Fox News?  lol

1. breakfastpop profile image63

Randy,

Just Google CNN and sit back and read about their failures. The information is there for those who want the truth. By the way, do you watch FOX at all? Just curious because the network has a sizable representation from the left.

1. profile image0

If biased news reporting is an example of failure, then Fox fits the bill much more than CNN.

Fox is seen by far as the most biased news network, according to independent research. And research shows that Fox News followers love that bias.

https://www.people-press.org/2009/10/29 … l-network/

Fox watchers are more misinformed than the general public, according to many research sources.

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-w … all-2012-5

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/jo … isinformed

On a related note, unlike Fox, I don't see CNN anchors campaigning with Donald Trump.

1. breakfastpop profile image63

You are terribly misinformed, but I am not surprised. You and others are unwilling to see the truth. You have a narrative and you stick by it. That is precisely what the Dems are doing, and that is precisely why they are making fools out of themselves. FOX is number one because people trust them. They also always have both sides of an issue. The same cannot be said of CNN or MSNBC. Try watching it sometime.

1. profile image0

I am terribly misinformed for giving you links to credible sites? Hardly.

Please explain why actual research shows that Fox is highly biased.

Fox thrives on bias. People like you watch it because Fox gives you what you want rather than the truth. Research proves it.

Your response is a biased double standard. How is that not "terribly misinformed"?

FYI, I watch Fox as much as I watch CNN and MSNBC.

Yes, I watch and listen to Fox News--among several sources--just to see what new fake conspiracies Hannity and the other non-journalists come up with. Fox is least likely to use factual news reporting, especially where Trump is concerned.

How many different news sources do you watch or listen to, Pop?

1. profile image0

Notice how they ignore links going to independent research about how Fox News watchers are the most misinformed.

Yep, most cannot watch or listen to anything except Fox. It's the only way they can feel good about voting for the cretin.

Randy, I listen to all of them, all of them.

Do you depend on Fox to give you the facts or simply what you want to hear?

3. BruceDPrice profile image72
            BruceDPriceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

CNN to check facts??? That's like going to a crack house for blood work.

Who do you trust for your "facts", Bruce?  Limbaugh?  Hannity? Do tell..

2. profile image0

I suppose you can always fact check with Izvestia. That's what Trump does.  smile

https://iz.ru/

4. breakfastpop profile image63

I noticed that there are no replies to my post. Are my questions impossible to answer?

There's no replies to your posts breakfastpop probably because there's no reason for replies to your posts: Every rational individual already knows CNN reports the FACTS and Fox Fake Channel is simply a white nationalist propaganda outlet for the COLLAPSING oval office:

3. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

CNN fact checking?

I didn't know you could be so comical Randy, that was good for a laugh.

--CNN typically utilizes loaded emotional words in sensational headlines such as this: Trump pounces on Justice Department report findings. CNN has failed numerous fact checks from Politifact. It should be noted that these fact checks were almost exclusively from guests on their numerous talk shows and not from the reporting of actual news, which tends to be factual. TV hosts have also failed fact checks by IFCN fact checkers. Further, CNN has retracted published stories that have been deemed as lacking evidence. Finally, CNN has published misleading information regarding GMO’s that utilize loaded fear based headlines such as this: FDA allows genetically engineered ‘Frankenfish’ salmon to be imported to US. CNN has also utilized known purveyors of pseudoscience as experts on discussion panels such as the Food Babe.

Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on story selection that often favors the left. We rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to misinformation and failed fact checks from guests and pundits. However, CNN’s straight news reporting would earn a High rating for factual reporting. (5/16/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 5/24/2019)--

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

1. profile image0

A link to a right-wing, anti-media website is not exactly a credible source about CNN.

Everything you say about CNN applies easily to Fox.

If you want real numbers and not propaganda, try Pew Research.

https://www.pewresearch.org/2009/10/30/ … audiences/

1. Ken Burgess profile image77

That's a link to a left-wing website.  I guess its just a matter of perspective.

What is right-wing to you?
          Anything right of AOC ... Lenin ....?

1. profile image0

LOL. Let's try that name one more time: mediabiasfactcheck.org.

What's left-wing to you? Anything to the left of Hitler?

And of course you ignored the link (again) to a site with worldwide credibility. Can't let facts get in the way of the hate.

The new motto of the Progressive Left!

1. profile image0

Again, let's stay on point. Is that your way of saying my link isn't factual or credible?

Factual or credible compared to what? Relevant to whom?

Ok... lets look at a PEW article:
                  https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 … edia-2018/

See what it says about cable tv in there?

See how it lumps in CNN and MSNBC with Fox?

That is a way of skewing the truth, IMO.  Fox has seen increases in viewership while CNN has its lights on, but no one is watching.

Wait until 2019 is over, if CNN could have negative viewership it would.

You can't run show after show, hour after hour, for two years saying the President is a traitor to the nation, needs to be impeached, is a Russian agent, etc. etc. and then have the Mueller report come out and say none of it is true... they lost all credibility, and they had none to begin with prior to their incessant spewing of Trump hate.

1. profile image0

There is no lumping. The size of the audiences for each one is irrelevent.

It's just a survey that compares the political affiliations of the viewers of each channel.

That's how you do factual and credible research.

And you can't condemn one channel for "Trump hate" while defending another channel that is filled with nothing but "Trump love".

It's a double standard.

4. Sharlee01 profile image84
      Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

CNN ?  And in the same sentence as false statements...  No, I did not expect anything different from CNN.  How are their ratings?  So many apologize...So much fak news

https://dailycaller.com/2018/08/31/cnn- … fake-news/

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/cnn/false/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin … -fake-news

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/bey … sia-story/

Their ratings are pretty good in comparison to Fox Fake Channel who has an immoblie "Captive Audience" of about 2 million 80 year old racists who can't get off the geritol stained couch without assistance or a walker:

1. Sharlee01 profile image84
        2. Sharlee01 profile image84

Their audience is between 25  and 57?

Actually, out of Fox's 3.300,000 million nightly viewers, 2,000,000 are senior citizens. The audience is 94% white. Not surprising in the least. lol

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainmen … rica.html/

1. Live to Learn profile image60
              Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't have local news anymore but I'd say the senior citizens watch Fox because it comes on earlier than the other channels.

Not everything is political Randy. Not in the real world.

https://hubstatic.com/14617891.jpg

WHY isn't Fox calling for Bozo Trump's REMOVAL after a continuous discovery of evidence pointing toward HIGH Crimes, Serial LIES, Felonies and Constitutional Crimes? Fox Fake Channel's elderly racist communist russian loving audience probably also suffer from severe HALLUCINATIONS, imagining Sean Hammity wearing a pointy white hood and mask as he spreads his nonsensical "Deep State" propaganda into the camera, imagining whatser name ingraham with a swastika tattoed to her forehead as she signals her affection for white nationalists by waving at them in what many consider a "Nazi Salute", ya know, anti-American hate symbols like that:

1. profile image0
                  Hxprofposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"WHY isn't Fox calling for Bozo Trump's REMOVAL after a continuous discovery of evidence pointing toward HIGH Crimes, Serial LIES, Felonies and Constitutional Crimes?"

Why is it the job of news networks to call for a politician's REMOVAL?

Can you point out what CNN lied about in this article, Shar?

3. profile image0

Hitler was #1 in Germany for many years. Does that make it right?

Your links mostly go to opinions by Republicans like Sarah Palin. Irrelevant.

2. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Oxymoron = CNN fact-checking

1. profile image0

And Fox fact-checking is not an oxymoron?

https://hubstatic.com/14615080.jpg

Fox "News" is an oxymoron if there ever was one, ab. tongue

Let's be fair. When it comes to political coverage 'news media' is the oxy moron. They all spin it to suit their fancy.

2. lobobrandon profile image87
        lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They can still keep their name (somewhat) and be a credible news source if they change their spelling to Faux News. The slight pronunciation difference could be ignored.

3. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago

It's very telling the Right only trusts Fox "News" and does not listen to anything which counters  the talking heads--not journalists--on Fox.

4. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
    JAKE Earthshineposted 4 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/14616373.jpg

The greatest disgusting LIAR politics has ever seen, but what else could we possibly expect from a mentally broken 73 year old nut case who exhibits almost ALL sysmptoms of Psychopathy ??

Bozo Trump's LIES have become so blatant and DELUSIONAL that you don't even need a fact checker anymore, you can simply identify them one by one as they creep out of his big fat mouth: UNREAL: This clowns LIES will surely be annotated in an "Article of IMPEACHMENT"

"REPORT: TRUMP HAS TOLD MORE THAN 10,000 LIES SINCE BEING INAUGURATED"

5. abwilliams profile image67

There is no evidence of anything you've pinned on PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP Jake and you know it! You also know what is coming next...(whether you have 5,000 unflattering pictures and/or 5,000 insults) you can't stop what's coming next.

abwilliams, many white nationalists seem to mimic their cult leader Bozo Trump who just says words without real meaning or TRUTH: The evidence is clear and overwhelming: So here's the TRUTH as much as it may make you and other white nationalists QUIVER: His seemingly uncontrollable, relentless LIES will be memorialized in an Article Of IMPEACHMENT becasue it must be to avert a future illegitimate "Trump Like" Catastrophe:

We even DISCOVERED yesterday during Mueller's Testimony that your false charlatan idol Donny even LIED to the FBI which is just another felony crime to add to the GROWING list of his ABOMINATIONS: If we just extracted that bit of NEW info from the hearing it was well worth the effort:

"President Trump has made 10,796 false or misleading claims over 869 days"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … b92a504118

Trump fans do not care how much Trump lies or if he breaks the law. If he wasn't a sitting POTUS he'd be indicted long ago. Out of over ten instances of Trump obstructing justice, there are 5 which meet all of the criteria for the crime.

If a democratic POTUS lied a tenth as much or broke the law half as much as Trump, they'd be having a hissy fit. As I said, they apparently love criminals.

1. profile image0
          Hxprofposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"If a democratic POTUS lied a tenth as much or broke the law half as much as Trump, they'd be having a hissy fit. As I said, they apparently love criminals."

I think you're right.....if the laws are being broken by someone who is pushing an agenda that a person doesn't like, it's FAR more likely that person will want to get rid of the politician.

I believe that every politician in Washington should be tried by citizen tribunals for lying to the American people.  That would clear it out.

I agree, the more lies the stricter the punishment, right? tongue

6. abwilliams profile image67

No Jake, the TRUTH will soon be revealed, we just don’t know who all colluded and conspired; was it only Hillary? I doubt it.....I think it took a village.

White nationalist? Is that the latest, greatest -ist word? Get it out there, throw it around a bit, see if you get a reaction? I prefer, lover of America, so I will claim that white and I will add some red and some blue.

https://hubstatic.com/14618204.jpg

lol, I just gave you the TRUTH ab, and when followers of Donny who by the way informed the world he was GAY on global television, have no facts, just throw Hillary, Bill or Barack in there to try and divert attention away from the TRUTH about the Trumps, we know the tired boring game by now:

Trump is TOAST and Mueller proved it: Regardless of how trump followers QUIVER, Bozo Trump has uttered over 10,000 LIES to the American people which have been documented, a horrible ugly criminal stream of BS propaganda that only a Communist Russian Puppet would do, but you simply ignore it just like Fox Fake Channel does, it seems as if your desire to worship an orange faced slobby looking 73 year old charlatan false prophet who is trying desperatley to KILL your HealthCARE is more important to you than the laws and constitution of the USA and your children's well being, and that's alarming:

You seem to fit the Fox criteria, ab. 94% white and a senior citizen to boot. Am I correct? No wonder Fox fans are more uninformed than any other news base.

It's amazing what stereotypes those on the left need to fabricate in order to attempt to trivialize other opinions. Don't have a valid argument? Just throw insults in hopes that something sticks.

1. abwilliams profile image67
          abwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Spot on LtL!

2. abwilliams profile image67
        abwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, getting a little personal there Randy. I am not quite ready for the rocking chair yet, still working in our business and putting in more hours than I care to AND cognizant of what is going on in the world around me. I am as free-thinking now, as I was in my teens. I’ve never been much of a follower....(I highly recommend it, if you’ve never tried it)
        No, I am not 94% white, I, like most people, am a potpourri, including Native American.....sorry Elizabeth Warren, it’s true. The difference is, I don’t use it and abuse, I’m just me!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)