Going Even DEEPER Now

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (27 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14667803.jpg
    Which socioeconomic class is THE MOST UNETHICAL, IRRESPONSIBLE, SELFISH, & EVEN PARASITIC?  Analytical & logical answers only.

1. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Us and Them mentality. How sad.

1. The0NatureBoy profile image55
        The0NatureBoyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You got my vote on that one, Love The Rain.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image60
      TessSchlesingerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am going to say the post-war generation - baby boomers.

Of course, within each generation, there are a great many different types of people.

Specifically, this would be those born to the allies.

Why.

The greatest generation come home never wanting their children to suffer the deprivations of war.

In the 50's, there was a Dr Spock who advocated not disciplining kids as it was the trauma of punishment that made them horrible evil people.

With the ongoing Neurenberg trials, the horrors of WWII was close to home, and everybody wanted nice gentle children.

By the 60s, flower power was born, hippies and drugs were all the Vogue, and free love was born

Simultaneously, women had been set free to work and mother wasn't home anymore to bring up children. Do TV brought them up instead.

By the 80s, yuppiedom was born. Thatcher and Reagan changed the cost plus model of business to the 'what the market will bear.' Manufacturers no longer set the price and business began a cut-throat competitivess that saw no end.

Boomers became rich with the benefit of government departments been sold off, new tech everywhere, and they didn't give two dogs about ethics because they were never taught any.

What has happened since then is that each generation has had even less input from parents. 'Self' has become king. Laissez-faire capitalism flourished.

And then along came the Millennials. There was nothing left for them. The things their Boomer parents told them didn't work. So here they are wanting to change back to the model of the Greatest Generation.

Full circle.

gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Many people proclaim the Boomers to be psychopathic generation.   Howe & Strauss in their book, GENERATIONS THE HISTORY OF AMERICA'S FUTURE 1584 TO 2969 indicated that the Boomer generation was the harbinger of worsening trends.

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
          Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Boomers were doing alright with hippies lovepower until they turned into yappies.  Calling out band names and dreamscape condos and mini vans in the sky.

Boomers have become an EXTREME generation, believe it or not.  Liberal Boomers have become MORE LIBERAL, even LEFTIST in stance while Conservative Boomers are becoming MORE CONSERVATIVE, EVEN REACTIONARY & RIGHT-WING in their particular stance.  There is NO MIDDLE ground.

Middle-class are dying like dinosaurs, they got you coming and going. I try to forget the political side, for their is more love and power within each one of us to make checks and balances work better.

Pope says Aliens will save us, now there is far fetche hope. Studying human history show me extreme abuse changing things and they turn around. We all fall downâš“ then we get up again.. Then we go around, around and round.

That's really an interesting observation. You might be right. I find it difficult to connect with my own generation. i fit in more with Millennails.

Yup. It's fairly easy to see the trends. Living in South Africa and being exposed to a more Victorian way of life, it was all very shocking to me. So I observed rather than partook.

With our mature age and our knowing through experiences. My aim is sharing more so with the youth, in their high energy and fresh idea to make things work better. As we all go around and round.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image60

What would you teach? I find that my ideas are not easily accepted.

2. gmwilliams profile image83

I meant 1584 to 2069-the 2969 was a typo. Meant 2069, not 2969.

+

2. MizBejabbers profile image86
        MizBejabbersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's a little too simple for me. First, after he'd done the damage, Dr. Spock publicly stated that he'd made a mistake; the best thing a parent could do with his book was to turn the kid over your knee and use it for a paddle. Too late for that, I'm afraid.

Second, the economy had become so inflated that women were having to work to combat inflation if the family were to have any kind of life. I've worked with plenty of women who didn't like to be working. They wanted to be home with their children.
        Boomers really should be split into two generations. My husband is an early boomer, while my sons were late boomers. Those two generations, while boomers, do not see eye to eye.

I would agree with you. And, yes, of course, I wrote it very simply. You do not disagree with me in essence. I just didn't want to be longwinded.

Initially, only those born between 1945 and 1951 were called baby boomers. That is what I learnt at school. In the early 60s, nobody taught that anyone born after 1951 were boomers. That came much later.

What do you think the differences are between the two groups?

Yup, unfortunately, by the time Spock spoke up, it was too late.

The social ethos in the 50s, with the rise of femininism, was that it was desirable for women to work. It wasn't economic in the late 40s or 50s. It was desirable.

My mother certainly did not have to work. We weren't poor by any standard. She absolutely refused to stay home and insisted on working in my father's business.

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Although there are exceptions, lots of them, relatively few families actually need a second income.  That money is used to buy toys and entertainment, name brand clothes and social climbing, not groceries on the table.  Plus, the second income (the lower one, whether male or female) is generally generating a very low amount after covering expenses.

My mother never worked (after marriage)...in the workplace.  But she made our clothes and grew almost all our vegetables.  She worked, and worked hard - it just didn't produce a paycheck that could then be used to buy less that she provided by doing it herself.

You might be right. I don't know. Money is definitely used to attain a certain standard of living - not necessarily for necessities.

That said, who wants to live in an area where there is a lot of crime or where the education of one's neighbours is not to the same standard as one's own?

No one in his/her right mind want to live in a substandard, crime ridden neighborhood.   Money is very important to a civilized society- more important than most people realize.   One needs a second income in order to live a decent middle class lifestyle.   Only a minute few live comfortably or better on one income.

I think it's resources more than money that one needs to live a good life. Money is a means of attaining those resources.

The thing is that one shouldn't need two people to work a combined 80 or more hours per week in order to live a half way decent lifestyle.

It's possible for human beings to work 20 hour work weeks, and to live decent lifestyles if we change the economic system (system of production and distribution).

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

You want to negatively label an entire class of people?

I'd like to know how you think this makes sense and what you hope to accomplish.

What is this? Deeper into the mud?

1. The0NatureBoy profile image55
      The0NatureBoyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you also, Live to Learn.

3. Castlepaloma profile image74
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

The Zionist, yet I will deny it, if you turn me in.

4. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

And so it begins.

I like to keep my job.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So anti-Semitic beliefs are a job requirement? I'd be looking for a new job, if it were me.

I'm not anti anything, a lover not a fighter. I just know my predators and the injustices system. I am a little fish swimming along with the sharks, to know where they are.

Neither have regrets or revenge from the greedy bad people running things as they lock up too many good people or create economically enslavey.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)