What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done ? or want to do ?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (21 posts)
  1. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done ? or want to do ?

I have been up in a motorised hang glider, rode on a camel in Broome, sat on a bull in NZ, traveled around Britain & Europe .held a crocodile, snorkled with a turtle ,fed a dolphin , Now traveling Australia.
    However I know some people have done a lot more than me & would love to hear about it.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5494495_f260.jpg

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
    crazyhorsesghostposted 12 years ago

One morning in a driving rain I was standing on a beach unlike I have ever seen before on the southern tip of Argentina and I wondered how many people in the world would ever see a sight like this.  I mean it was so wild and yet at the same time one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Another time I watched the whales play with and spray the Washington State Ferry I was riding in the beautiful majestic waters north of Seattle.

In the Spring of 2010 I got to finally visit the Outer Banks of North Carolina and to say the least it was breathe taking. It also helped that I was with some of the most important people in my life. And we got to share those oh so magical views as we drove down the North Carolina Outer Banks and later took a Ferry Boat ride from Hatteras over to Ocracoke Island. If you live in North Carolina don't wait until 50 plus years have gone by before you visit the Outer Banks.

There are so many exciting beautiful places in the world that I have visited and wished so much that I could share with everyone else on earth.

3. bwhite062007 profile image90
    bwhite062007posted 12 years ago

I have to say that the most adventurous thing I have done was just simply living in the moment. There is no telling what spontaneous things I may break out with. My friends sometimes think I am crazy but it is all in good fun. One adventurous thing was going in alone in a haunted house. I will never forget that night.

4. rwelton profile image61
    rweltonposted 12 years ago

Traveled the world also, with lots of exciting adventures- no crocodile hugs though - however, that said - the most adventurous thing I have ever done was the decision to settle down and have four kids...parenting is weirdest and most adventuresome experience, bar none...
    rlw

5. shamani67 profile image59
    shamani67posted 12 years ago

My life has been one long adventure. I am going to be writing many hubs to reflect on this. Can't wait to hear everyone's adventures.

6. DeborahNeyens profile image94
    DeborahNeyensposted 12 years ago

Central America is a great place to go for adventure.  I've zip-lined in Costa Rica, went cave swimming in Belize, and tubed down a jungle river also in Belize.

7. Prisana profile image81
    Prisanaposted 12 years ago

Skydiving, ziplining, rock climbing, sea canoeing and driving in Thailand. White water kayaking in the Philippines. Diving with sharks in the Similan Islands. Traveling to Santorini, Greece when I was 17 yrs old, from Geneva, Switzerland on less than a shoe string budget. Visiting a Philippine Special Forces Unit in Mindanao. My visit remains an untold story, but maybe one day I will write a semi-fictional account of that memorable day.

8. LensMan999 profile image58
    LensMan999posted 11 years ago

While I was in college, we went for a study tour to a place close to the forest. There we camped one night. When every one fell asleep I slowly walked out of the tent. I roamed about the forest all alone. After some time I realized that I was too away from our tent. It was at that time that I heard a sound and became very frightened. I had to climb up on a tree and stay there for the rest of the night...

9. samnashy profile image71
    samnashyposted 11 years ago

Probably a tandem skydive in New Zealand about many years ago.  I wanted to do the bungy jump but couldn't muster up the courage.

1. Say Yes To Life profile image78
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I hope I can work up the nerve to do at least one tandem skydive!  As for bungee jumping - that's like diving over and over again.  Even if I did that, I'd probably puke my guts out.  No thanks to that one!

10. Say Yes To Life profile image78
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years ago

I did many adventurous things at my childhood summer camp; horseback riding, rock climbing, backpacking in the Tahoe wilderness and drinking directly out of the lakes and streams there.  As an adult, I toured Europe, going behind the Iron Curtain while it was still up.  I celebrated my 50th birthday by going ziplining (UmaUma Falls in Hawaii).  I have skied / snowboarded in Hawaii (Mauna Kea occasionally gets snow).  I have sandboarded at the Green Sand Beach, and visited Kilauea, the living volcano.   I have been to lots of hot springs along the West Coast, and the one in Hawaii.  I have attended High Cascade and Windell's snowboard camps, and have met a lot of pros.  I have their autographs lining my walls.
    My wildest dream is to fly a wingsuit.  For that, I first have to do 200 parachute jumps.  If only I could get up the nerve to go off the high dive at the local swimming pool...

11. Lindsay Langstaff profile image70
    Lindsay Langstaffposted 6 years ago

As a 20 year old, the most adventurous thing I have ever done is go on an archaeology dig as a business major. Imagine that! Some day I would love to get into a shark cage though. I'm not particularly afraid of sharks, but I still think it would be an amazing adrenaline rush.

12. Hamza-atd 21 profile image61
    Hamza-atd 21posted 6 years ago

Para gliding, at lake side. Glider attached with boat through rope around 200 meters long, boat pull the glider and also person have to run faster to take a glide then it stop in middle of Lake, experience of high altitude diving.

13. profile image0
    vaneet2310posted 5 years ago

Probably Paragliding at Solang valley near Manali @Himachal Pradesh India. One can get a bird's eye view of the beautiful valley while in air. Truly a memorable experience.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Really? Responding to a seven year old thread?

But I will bite. For me it was sky diving. Solo skydiving, not this wussie tandem stuff we hear about now-a-days.

GA

14. wanderwonder profile image60
    wanderwonderposted 5 years ago

It was several years ago, but I sold (or gave away) almost everything I owned, packed my bags, and moved half way around the world on a whim to start a new adventure. What was supposed to be an extended trip, I wound up living in SE Asia for years.

15. profile image58
    NnamAriesposted 5 years ago

I have always considered registering withTimbu and taking an unplanned trip somewhere while following the next destination blindly, I'd like to surprise myself monumentally. I am curious to know what it feels like to wake up in a strange place I put myself, but didn't look up.

16. jenniferdaalton profile image42
    jenniferdaaltonposted 4 years ago

Skydiving and world traveling (alone) is one of the most adventurous thing I wanted to do. I am just crazy about these two things

17. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

Adrenaline rush from soft to scariest list.

#30. Jungle wedding in Indonesia, where nobody seen a white person before.
    29. Did a hit of orange sunshine acid then turned from athelite to sculptor.
    28. Swam with 6 killer sharks.
    27. Swam with kids among crocodiles.
    26. Climbed up a tree from a Komodo dragon.
    25.Skydiving. 
    24.Dated mostly non white women.
    23. Two guys Attempted to rape me in Afghanistan.
    22. First time in love then heartbroken.
    21. Beat up 2 bully's in school at the same time.
    20. Attacked by many wild or guard dogs around world. 
    19. Experience a catagory 5 huracan.
    18. Level 6 earthquake. 
    17. Fell off a 45 ft. Snow cliff
    16. Conversations with devil worshipers and assassin's.
    15. Arm licked by a 500 pound tamed tiger
    14. Drug raided in Mexico by machine guns.
    13. Mugged by three guys in Colombia.
    12. Visited by a killer whale from my kayak.
    11. Hictch hiked 60 countries.
    10. Kayaked totally around Vancouver Island.
    9. Danced with a black chick in a black bar in Detroit. 
    8. Confronted 2 US Presidents 
    7. Checking for terrorists bombs at the winter Olympics.
    6.Visited 6 war zone countries. 
    5. Confronted a mother bear and club counered in a trash cabin.
    4.  Won 5 sandsculptor world championships and Built a sancastle for Trump..
    3. Shot at twice in Vancouver riot's.
    2. Mugged by 40 monkeys.   

Number one 1# scariest thing of all Divorced.... Divorce from a magolomanic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)