What are you most proud of in your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (48 posts)
  1. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 13 years ago

What are you most proud of in your life?

What is your "pride & joy," the thing that makes you wake up in the morning...your passion for life?

2. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

My family, friends, dogs, and learning about space/life.

What about you?

3. the clean life profile image71
    the clean lifeposted 13 years ago

My pride and joy of my life is my loving family.  Without them, I would be lost in this world.  They mean everything to me and more.  What I am most proud of in my life is that I was able to beat the demons within me and surrender to my alcohol addiction and find sobriety in my life again.

4. HannahRiley profile image59
    HannahRileyposted 13 years ago

I am absolutely passionate about Nursing, the entire job field, the people I have cared for & maintaining that higher standard for myself as I care for those in need. I know in my heart that nursing is my passion & I thank God for finding what I love!

I am also passionate about children, and cannot wait to be a mother. (Although I feel like a mother everyday when I am helping others.)

I love to dance, laugh, sing really loud, suprise myself by accomplishing something I doubted I could do & overcoming something that scares me.

But ABOVE ALL...it is people. I love to care for people.

1. Edward J. Palumbo profile image83
      Edward J. Palumboposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Pursue your passion and be the best nurse you can be. Remain compassionate, patient-oriented, knowledgeable and professional. I'm glad you've found what you truly enjoy!

5. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

The moment I should feel proud of myself is yet to come in my life and I wish when it arrives, I should be absolutely free of any egotism to really feel proud at that moment.

6. zuhr-akb profile image61
    zuhr-akbposted 13 years ago

Im proud to be a true human in me as i never hate any one nor do i think any creature in this world is to be harmed .because every thing in this world living or non living things belongs to god and no one has the right to change this rule. live and let live this is my thought in life.

7. womenintouch profile image60
    womenintouchposted 13 years ago

I am most proud of my children and how they all have never given me a moment of trouble, they all have college degrees and no teen pregrancies; The all love the Lord and live good wholesome family lives.

I am most proud of the fact that dispite having it rough when i grew up I turned out great because I did not allow what happened in my fathers house to deside my destination. I did not take part of what they did; never drank, did drugs or anything that would defile my life down the road; i AM PROUD THAT GOD KEPT ME FROM THE DANGERS OF THIS WORLD AND IN RETURN i GAVE BACK AND CONTINUE TO GIVE BACK TO SOCIETY.

8. profile image0
    L a d y f a c eposted 13 years ago

I'm not sure this fits your question 'exactly', but I'm most proud of myself for still standing after a life of destructiveness. That I smile, and mean it, that I laugh, and mean it, and that I can look back on things in the past and extract the valuable learning experiences to share with, anyone, or even just me, makes me proud of who I am.

My reason for getting up in the morning? My son. Seriously! He can't get out of his crib on his own yet. :p
    He's my little ray of sunshine that runs around so innocently and has such honest fun. He reminds me of what's truly important in life. I love him to bits smile

9. FloBe profile image66
    FloBeposted 13 years ago

My passion in life is LEARNING. I love to learn about new things & ideas, help people learn about themselves and what they're good at and I love writing about it.

10. ExpandYourMind profile image68
    ExpandYourMindposted 13 years ago

I am proud of standing up for others when they are too overwhelmed, frightened or intimidated to stand up for themselves. I am proud of doing what's right, even if sometimes I have to face negative consequences.

11. Syrusv37 profile image82
    Syrusv37posted 13 years ago

I am passionate about music and writing. I believe words can have a drastic impact on the perception and soul of a person. I know that in my darkest days, I pour my soul onto a piece of paper and later create a melody to truly represent what I was feeling. There is nothing that can compare to playing a song on the guitar that I know came from ME and only me. That these words and notes and melodies are mine and no one elses. No one can take them from me, just like the air in my lungs and the thoughts in my head, they are mine and they are a piece of me. And I want to be able to give this to other people. I want to be able for them to read a poem, or listen to a beautiful song that will help them cope with whatever problems or difficulties they might have. I want at least one person to come home from a horrible day, and sit down for five minutes and let it all go as they just lay down, close their eyes, and listen to one of my songs and sort out all the tangled thoughts they have. If at least ONE person does that in my lifetime, then my goal would be completed, and I would be happy.

1. Patrick Gonzalez profile image54
      Patrick Gonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi my name is patrick and id really like to know what is your album named id really like to listen to it. smile

12. profile image0
    jasper420posted 13 years ago

staying sober and out of trouble my family and drawing close to god just the fact that i can say iam doing good

13. Security News profile image60
    Security Newsposted 13 years ago

Looking back over my life of 60 years, I am most proud of how my kids turned out. I have 4 wonderful kids which have grow into truly amazing adults.

Thanks for asking :-)

14. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 13 years ago

My children, now young women, are my greatest source of pride.  Yet, they no longer awaken me..........that is the day itself.

15. dragonlady1967 profile image68
    dragonlady1967posted 13 years ago

My two daughters are my shining stars..  I am proud they both have grown into beautiful, caring young women.

16. Bel Marshall profile image60
    Bel Marshallposted 13 years ago

That my daughter has become a healthy, happy teenager.  She is a wonderful, loving person who has self-confidence and knows she is deeply loved.

17. Spartan King profile image60
    Spartan Kingposted 13 years ago

I am proud of my father who got killed by an airplane crash,trying to put out a forest fire in Pilio....

18. Placid profile image61
    Placidposted 13 years ago

+1 for family. Nothing else really matters

19. home witch profile image69
    home witchposted 13 years ago

Learning to leave institutionalised religion behind me.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that, I was too indoctrinated in such a religion.  I left it when I was 21.  I am a New Ager and have been so for over 30 years.

20. profile image0
    Antoine Van Hoveposted 13 years ago

That I always kept my heart good! As tru and faithfull as my conscience was able to.
    That I lived in a way, that if anyone in the world would have a good heart, it would be me.

21. profile image55
    neeraj.agrawlposted 13 years ago

i proud of the time i spend with iskcon(international society for krsna consciousness) in my college days.

22. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

My 1 unpublished hub on hubpages that is an blockbusting hit with 909 ever views now on December 20, 2010 A.D. at 7:45pm mountain standard time. It have been on page 1 and 1st on page 1 on Google since September 2010 A.D. and have stayed at that position ever since without dropping down even 1 position from the top. It also began getting plenty of page impressions since the start of the date of September 11, 2010 A.D. I can not top this 1 unpublished hub and will enjoy this 1 unpublished hub for the rest of my life on the earth. I am living my ultimate dream on the earth with my 1 unpublished hub that people love from around the world who have seen it already. Thank you. Go in peace.

1. profile image52
      chelsieanayasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The game is best known for its dark sense of humor and its graphic violence. Expect to see a lot of blood and guts. Your goal is to go far across each level without letting your character get hurt. The game is over even the smallest body part injurie

23. noturningback profile image60
    noturningbackposted 13 years ago

What allows me to continue on even when times are rough is my real relationship with God.
    I try my best to set examples of good living, not just good talk.
    Do I feel righteous then? No, I feel inspired, maybe not in every moment, but overall.
    My passion is service and my goal is to remain humble and in humility, there is not much room for pride.

24. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

Most proud of.. that I have overcome serious personal challenges and that I am alive.
    My pride and joy.. my gorgeous, beautiful, loving nephew. kiss.
    What wakes me up.. God
    My passion.. poetry.. writing.. expression

25. Mr.Moonlight profile image60
    Mr.Moonlightposted 13 years ago

I am most proud of my two amazing daughters. Nothing else matters.

26. Mandeep Randhawa profile image60
    Mandeep Randhawaposted 12 years ago

Love my family .....Helping poor people ....Giving free books to the orphans.......

27. medihelp profile image58
    medihelpposted 12 years ago

I have got my ideal parents. They are the best pride of my life.

28. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 12 years ago

Of being part of the creation of two beautiful and amazing children :-)

29. profile image53
    angeluchihaposted 10 years ago

I am proud of myself! I am only 15 but I am a psychologist, artist, writer. I know 9 languages and currently studying body language. But this is not enough! I wanna learn more and more

30. Edward J. Palumbo profile image83
    Edward J. Palumboposted 10 years ago

In terms of association, I'm proud of my wife and children. They are my "fingerprint" that I leave behind when I press on, and I believe they're on the right track and will lead productive lives.
    I'm proud of having been a U.S. Marine and having kept faith with my brothers and sisters.
    It's difficult to separate what I'm proud of from what I'm thankful for, because there's considerable overlap, but I've had a wonderful life, a bit of excitement and adventure, and I'm grateful/proud of having finished what I'd started that was important to me.

31. Danny Cabaniss profile image71
    Danny Cabanissposted 8 years ago

Improving - getting better.  It has been a passion of mine since I was young, and I see it in various pursuits.  I wake up wanting to be better, and to get better at what I do.

32. passionatelearnr profile image85
    passionatelearnrposted 8 years ago

health and hope.two most important things

33. mark kenga profile image60
    mark kengaposted 8 years ago

Waking up from the average way of thinking and now living a more fulfilled life. Currently following and fulfilling my goals in life helping others along the way

34. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

My children - of course.  But when I consider what I've done all by myself, I'm most proud of my three books.  I remember when I finished the first one, my husband said so many people say they want to write a book, but most never do it.  If I never wrote another word, I could say I'd actually written a book. And now I'm starting my fourth.   It's been very satisfying.

35. Ashish Dadgaa profile image46
    Ashish Dadgaaposted 7 years ago

My proud moment of life was University graduation day smile

36. Ramona27 profile image53
    Ramona27posted 7 years ago

I am proud of myself as a person inside out. And the work i do. More than proud i am grateful for all GOD has given me. I Am Thankful for each day that is given to me.

1. Ashish Dadgaa profile image46
      Ashish Dadgaaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I liked your view and opinion on the subject. smile

37. Jason mackenzie profile image78
    Jason mackenzieposted 7 years ago

I am proud of having corrected my posture. I have had postural problems since I was a teen and it is only through guidance provided by my yoga guru and Pilates instructor that I could finally overcome the issue physically and psychologically.

38. Angela Rae Maag profile image41
    Angela Rae Maagposted 7 years ago

My children and my grandson I always got to know their ok

39. profile image53
    kellyksposted 6 years ago

I generally ask this question when I am hiring and in an interview with the prospective candidates.  So few years back there was this female who came down for an interview and I asked her the same question. For a moment she stared blankly at me and then she said the she is proud that the almighty has taken care of her and her new born baby. With tears in her eyes she told me how her husband died in a car accident. How she survived and how her in laws kicked her out of the home.

40. vinadeta profile image60
    vinadetaposted 6 years ago

I am very proud of how far along I have come with photography.  I went from a point and shoot camera to full manual mode on a Canon EOS 80D
    It took me awhile to get here.  Alot of dedicated work was put into my business ideas of photography.  I guess the fact that I have the ability to capture a moment in time even if it's in the simpliest format. Whether it be you're announcing the gender of your baby to those little new born toes & fingers.  I live for that.  Memories.  Memories are amazing, and they are something that NOBODY can take from you because they are your own. Photography has gotten me through a lot of personal hardships over the past.

41. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13470038_f260.jpg

Being a strong individualist who refused to follow my familial paradigm which I deem narrow minded and constricting.  I refuse to leave in a proverbial strait jacket.   Even as a teen, I did not follow my familial paradigm, I created my own.  They were extremely narrow minded in terms of lifestyle & religion.  I wanted MORE for myself!

42. Jovan Rawls profile image61
    Jovan Rawlsposted 5 years ago

As I begin to Live To Life, I will surely post another reply with a definite answer. #To Be Continued#

43. NatureBoy0 profile image61
    NatureBoy0posted 4 years ago

My most proud accomplishment is when I became "Born Again" according to John 3:8 & Matthew 19:29 and learned how to live without the things human made and caused us to become dependent on. Following those instructions was the beginning of my understanding life's when, why and how as I write about on hubpages/@the0natureboy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)