I'd like feedback on my article: Voting Guide for GenXYZ, Millennials and Some..

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Axel Thomas profile image61
    Axel Thomasposted 4 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article? What can I do to improve? Thanks!
    Here is my article: Voting Guide for GenXYZ, Millennials and Some Boomers Too. (must be signed in to view)

1. OldRoses profile image93
      OldRosesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is a blog post.  Hubpages is not a blogging site.  You joined 6 hours ago so you couldn't possibly have had time to review all of the information in the Learning Center (click on the help button in the upper right corner).  Here's a quick description of HubPages:  it is a site for serious authors who write evergreen magazine type articles that answer questions that people are looking for solutions and are at least 1,000 words long.  I doubt very much that anyone is seeking the information that you are writing about.  And your article will be out of date after the election.

Axel Thomasposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ok. Thanks.

And unfortunately yes, the article will certainly be out of date immediately after the 2020 election.

2. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Have you seen Soapboxie? Unlike Dengarden or Pethelpful it is made up of a bunch of blog posts.
        I do agree that the writer needs to make himself familiar with the Learning Center though. If he does not he is just wasting our time.

2. theraggededge profile image98
      theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

First sentence...'This country'? HubPages has a global readership so articles need to appeal to a wide audience. It's okay to write US-centric political articles, of course, but it needs to be clear from the off.

And your bio appears to be promoting a book. Not a good idea. HP doesn't allow self-promotion.

But, welcome to HubPages - research what the platform is about and you might enjoy writing here smile

Thanks.

2. OldRoses profile image93
        OldRosesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Please don't encourage him to stay and spew his hatred here.  I was only able to read a few paragraphs before I wanted to throw up.  He wants to write a book/blog so he should take his extremism to Blogger or WordPress.

Exactly.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 years ago

Oh Dear, this is awful. He's peddling a paperback that presumably is a mirror of his hate-filled rant here. He recommends it for the bathroom. Now, here I will agree with him whole heartedly; its pages will come in handy if the Charmaine runs out.

Thanks for the useful information.

A bit surprised at the lack of recognition that is droll political satire. Who knew?

1. DrMark1961 profile image95

It is not because of your views. It is written in the "why do those idiots vote against their best interests" writing style. I am sure you do not like it when the Dems start using that stupid argument, nor will this droll political satire help anyone.
          There are a lot of style faults in this article, which is why it did not pass the assessment program. If you are trying to write a soapbox-type article to influence voters before the 2020 elections, you need to review the learning center and see what an article needs. If you are just writing this because you are trying to promote your book, do not bother.

If you are trying to write a soapbox-type article to influence voters before the 2020 elections, you need to review the learning center and see what an article needs.

Exactly. I shall endeavor to learn some rules and regs and give it another try. I don't know if there are enough Conservatives on HP or Soapboxie but maybe.

It does not matter how many conservatives are on HP or Soapboxie. Users of the site are not  a significant portion of your readers. The readers you are looking for come from Google and other search engines.

Thanks. I understand.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 years ago

So, you are saying that your offering is an example of Poe’s Law, propounded by Nathan Poe in 2005 in relation to religious fundamentalism, but equally relevant to American politics today.

Poe postulated that “Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humour, it is utterly impossible to parody a creationist in such a way that someone won’t mistake for the genuine article.”

And Friedrich Nietzsche advised that “The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.”

I think the bottom line here is that conservative political satire would not be at home at this particular time on this particular venue.

Of course I could do more learning regarding this particular website, it's rules and regulations, but it's probably not worth it. There are so many other sites that might be more appropriate. Thank you everyone for the input.

Good luck with that. Be sure to let us know.

It does look like soapboxie would be a more appropriate site, but does one not have to go through hubpages first? I tried to look into the soapboxie site and every time it takes me right back to hubpages. Rather confusing.

1. theraggededge profile image98
              theraggededgeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You can't write straight into any network site. As you have deduced, all articles are published at HubPages and then selected by editors to be moved.

Okay. Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)