Will The DNC Consider A Brokered Convention?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 4 years ago

Has anyone noted Gov, Cuomo is being given daily air time to give updates on the Covid19 virus status?  I have noticed his talking points are constructed from what Trump and the task force discussed the day before.  I have also noted we have other states that have been designated as hot spots, these Governors are not being given the opportunity to update their citizens or the Nation on what their states are experiencing. The media certainly have complied with giving Cuomo daily uninterrupted unlimited air time. This is all beginning to look political to me.   Could Gov. Cuomo be the DNC's Goldenboy?

So, my question --- What's your opinion, will the DNC broker in Cuomo?  Let's keep it, nice folks. To quote Randy --- Opinions are like ass ----s  we all have one.

https://hubstatic.com/14949364_f1024.jpg

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cuomo is Gov. of the most affected state thus far and he's doing his part in keeping his constituents up to date. I disagree with your opinion of Biden, just as I disagree with your opinion of Trump. No surprise there.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If you noitice, the greatest "concern" about who will be the Democratic nominee along with suggestions for how to boot him is coming from non-Democrats. Why is that?

It is indeed a mystery!   roll

2. Live to Learn profile image61
          Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hello??? We are just flabbergasted Biden is still apparently going to be your nominee.

I noticed he isn't calling for Wisconsin to stay at home. He says they should go out to vote. I wonder if the 'blood on his hands'accusation will extend to him? The DNC already got poll workers infected in Florida.

Do you actually believe some of us weren't "flabbergasted" by your choice of Trump? Seriously? yikes

Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Randy, Would you at this point support a brokered convention?  Do you feel the people have spoken, and the candidate should be chosen by the people not the party? Come on, this thread is already going off track.

2. Eastward profile image78
            Eastwardposted 4 years agoin reply to this

At least it seems Tony Evers has a little more sense and is calling for voting by mail:

https://www.dailyunion.com/news/covid-1 … 80090.html

1. Live to Learn profile image61

I don't even open mail now. If the mail carrier or the handlers along the way have the virus it can be on the envelopes.

Can't be to careful but that idea is better than Biden's.

1. Eastward profile image78
                Eastwardposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Better safe than sorry, for sure. It seems the virus can live for days on certain surfaces. But yes, I'd take mail-in voting over lining up for the polls in person.

In Biden's defense, I don't think he has any ideas that don't come from his earpiece or note-card (and still struggles with those training wheels).

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

Do you have an opinion on brokered conventions?  You appear to be interested in how votes are submitted, do you respect the vote? The will of the people or the party?

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

So, what is your opinion on a brokered convention?  Do you think it fair to disregard the people's votes? But candidate aside.

I think the DNC has a proven record of disregarding the will of its members. But, as an independent I can only say if the democrats are ok with that it's their call.

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

PP... It is natural, it's an election year.  No other motive here. Simply giving an opinion a "what if".  Just wondering what Dems feel about the possibility of a brokered convention. No other motive, just trying to open a conversation on that possibility. Not a great "concern". So far PP, no one has suggested: "how to boot him".  Or has anyone made a derogatory remark against Biden or Cuomo?

In regards to Cuomo's handling the virus crisis, I think he is doing a good job, a great job...  So, are many Gov. One thing I find not acceptable is that Cuomo is being given daily national media. I feel it would be very acceptable on NY local networks.  Lot's of states suffering, not just NY.  I do think him to be a great politician, which is evident every morning at his press conference. In regards to "my opinion of Biden". I did not give one. I was careful not to. I am interested in what people feel about a brokered convention. Yes, Biden would certainly be center stage if the DNC decided to go against the people's vote to broker a candidate. But, I am not giving an opinion on his suitability.

I appreciate your view.

VERY CURIOUS... No one has addressed my questions. Curious, no one will leave an opinion on a brokered convention. 

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/24/andr … c-nominee/

Not surprising democrats are dodging the question. I'd be a little embarrassed too.

Hopefully, some are just taking the time to consider my question. It is a hard one, it sort of makes one think --- do I support the people's choice or do I blindly follow the party?

A brokered convention most likely won't happen. However, I just wondered if it would cause an uproar with Dems or just be a bump in the road? 

Now, if one asked me the same question., I would say No way... I am for the people not a party.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

My bet is, if Biden continues to flounder hard and they can't accept a Sanders nomination then they'll have no choice.

I am of the same thought.  I feel they might upset the cart and broker in a candidate. I think this will be a very interesting turbulent election.

3. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 4 years ago

After the 2016 Sanders controversy, I just don't see how the DNC can deny Biden and do a brokered convention—without Biden's agreement and help.

I think a forced brokered convention would cause a massive Democrat revolt. I know that is how I would feel if I were a Democrat.

GA

It would cause a massive Democrat revolt if they truly are satisfied with Biden. But, what if they felt the candidate that was going to replace Biden was more suitable, had a better chance at beating Trump? Would it not behoove them to jump ship and back a candidate they felt could beat Trump?

Just my opinion,  I don't see any real excitement or enthusiasm from Dems in regard to backing Biden. The popular left media certainly are not promoting him. They're almost ignoring him. 

I do realize a brokered convention would be something way out of the norm. However, consider the past three years, and the not so norm politicking that we have been treated to.

In the end, my common sense tells me the DNC would not dare to broker the convention. However, I am not one to say "what if"... But, I am really thinking about what if.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)