What About Hong Kong?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as … story.html

Do democrats just love China so much
    and hate America?

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Kathryn, your question is ridiculous. You really had to scratch hard to find the word democrat in this story, and it pertained to a British party. These people are fighting for their freedom, and in some cases, their very lives. You need to go back and reread the story. Even a decent Republican, if there is such a thing, should have sympathy for them. The story is irrelevant to your question. If you disagree, please explain why.

2. Glenis Rix profile image93
    Glenis Rixposted 3 years ago
  3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-inter … ining-chip

I just wondered how American Democrats feel about China.

I think we need to stop dealing with the Chinese govt all together. Stop all trade.

What they are doing to the people of Hong Kong is terrible.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am following the thread. I don't see any good reason why Great Britain should hand over Hong Kong to China, instead of preparing HK for independence?           HK has prosper in Britain's hand. I think Britain does not mean well for her again. It is a matter of giving the dog a bad name, then hang him.

Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's nothing.

Why do you say that, Miebakagh? Please explain.

China will come down like a pack of cards. It's economy is lace with bride. Like Germany, its economy, laced with pride will come down.      We were not on arms war. Should it were, it will be cold. We were on pure economic war.         MizBijabbez, have you lately notice the Chinese authority telling every third world country, specific Africa, not to buy Asian, European or English goods?

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
                Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

China has been planning for this for decades.

China has the largest amount of gold in the world.

China has agreements for energy supplies from Iran, Russia and Saudi Arabia.

China is building a state of art Fleet, Airforce, and Missile system.

America (and every other military in the world) is dependent on components made in China to build/fix their military equipment.

China has no need for America or Europe, every need they have can be attained from within their borders or from their allies.

China (along with Korea and Japan) is the engine that the world moves on... like America had been 50 years or more ago... most American products are made in whole or in part from one of these nations.

What is going to occur in the near future, is America will decline, the dollar will no longer be the world's reserve, and the chaos that will befall America as our economy tanks will take a generation or more to play out.

China will become the world's leading economic and industrial powerhouse, America will be a shadow of its former self, much like Russia was after the collapse of the USSR.

Asia will be the center of the world thereafter... Europe and North America will become the 'old world' the tired nations that will sleepwalk through much of the rest of the century, their struggles will be internal and their contributions on the global stage minimal.

Wow!!!!!

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Ken, thanks for the update.                           Lately China is making waves as a new economic power. I hardly realize it. But I  agreed with your submission.                     After the second World War, I note Japan can become a world ecommic power. I was right. But I was far from observing korea, because of her tuburlent character.                       China and Korea will compete for the world economy. Korea will be checking China, and a hindrance to the later. She will be broken like Germany or Russian.        A country that rise up like Germany to DOMINATE the world will be reduce.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

Right, I don't think there is any argument that China has big plans to gobble up the world, especially everything near their physical location. Right now there is big trouble in the South China Sea as China is claiming miles of sea that comprises international waters.
          https://news.yahoo.com/u-navy-ready-tro … 00677.html
          I hope that the Philippine president knows that he is playing with fire by complaining that China isn't keeping its promises of building big projects in that country. Those may sound free, but in reality, come with big paybacks in the future.

Miz, be that as it is, we were not on arms war. We were on an economic war. So, the. Chinese BIG plan and ambition is nothing. It will come down.              Recently. Bill Gate plan to dominate the world has level to zero. So it is China. I hope you are copy well.

Miebakagh, why do you say "It's nothing." (China, not in an arms war) And then you say we must fight China? That sounds like a contradiction. The U.S. has a fleet of submarine forces poised in the China Sea, so it can turn into an arms war at any time.
              https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 … rine-force

"China has been accused of stepping up its occupation of man-made islands and bullying other nations while the rest of the world tackled the global COVID-19 crisis.

Intelligence platform Stratfor said the US and China have maintained a “robust operational pace in the South China Sea” amid heightening tensions and COVID-19.

US Defence Secretary Mark Esper said: "As the US military addresses COVID-19 at home, we remain focused on our national security missions around the world.

'Many countries have turned inward to recover from the pandemic, and in the meantime, our strategic competitors are attempting to exploit this crisis to their benefit at the expense of others.'" from the link above.

Yes, the whole world is fighting a common enemy covid-19. China is looking for trouble. She should be drag to the International Court of Justice.

Miz, it is an economic war not a military war. The USA is only doing a COMBO military  ACROBAT in the China Sea.                                MizBejabber, I am sorry you read me out of context.

I think you are misinformed. Have you not read the links that I have supplied? The military is poised and ready to fight if necessary.

MizBejabber, seriously. I've read the link. If the USA want's to fight, let her go ahead.                  Last year she is yet to fight Iran. I think. Pelosi restrain action?                Permit me to recall Operation Desert Storm. The world gang against. Iran, the agressor. Let the USA go ahead. What is she waiting for? Afraid of China? He he he! Ha ha ha?

2. Ken Burgess profile image77
                    Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Its not going to happen, there will be no war with China.

There will be an economic collapse here at home, and a changing of the guard from Trump, to the puppett Biden, and that will be all she wrote.

We will go quietly into the night.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

China is helping Africa. The food they are sending Kenya is tainted and the people are getting sick from it.

Meat they send to this country is full of viruses.

China sent the corona virus around the world.

Is it all coincidence?

1. CHRIS57 profile image59
      CHRIS57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Please, do you have proof for any of these allegations?

Kathryn.                          "Africa, my Africa.         Africa of proud              Warriors past.                Africa of whom              My grandmother speak,  'tis Africa!"

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

We are fighting China. We must fight China.  We must resist China.

Biden is beholden to China.
    Democrats want Biden.

WHY?

Kath,(let me call you kate) for short. "We are fighting China. We must fight China." While you see, Kath, that's where the solution is. Fight!                 So, every country or nation arm must be against her.                     China is a monster symbolized by a dragon. She is out right there to swallow you.

"Kenyan government risks losing the lucrative Mombasa port to China should the country fail to repay huge loans advanced by Chinese lenders, persons familiar with the issue told ET. Also at stake is the Inland Container Depot in Nairobi, which receives and dispatches freight hauled on the new cargo trains from the seaport.

If China takes over the port, thousands of port workers would be forced to work under the Chinese lenders. Further, revenues from the port would be directly sent to China."

Read more at:
        https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in … aign=cppst

Kath, thanks for the link. Have you notice the agreement for the loan being lope side? That means the African Kenya leaders are vulnerable, looking the other side, or a sort of secret bribe was involved. Some day that will blowout. And the deed will be rewritten.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)