Adsense payment

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 years ago

Remember when the Adsense program was shut down and we were going to receive the balance within 90 days. I'm sure more than 90 days have passed (or maybe it just seems like that because of isolation) and I haven't received payment yet. Has anybody?

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

At that time, I activate my payment process. I start to earn. It was not ye significant for two months. Almost immediately, AdSence was withdraw.

2. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
      Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years agoin reply to this

@Rupert
      I'm having the same problem. I've tried emailing the Adsense accounting dept, but no joy. The AdSense community pages are full of people with the same complaint; i.e.no payouts even after waiting for many, many months.

If you find a solution, you'll make a lot of people very happy. It looks like Google is using the COVID crisis as a way to hang on to the money they owe us.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

To all.

If you have other income sources from AdSense, just wait.

If your only AdSense source is HP, then close your AdSense account and you will be paid. I'd recommend looking for other AdSense income resources, 800-lb gorilla and all that.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image95

Beth. You had the audacity to try to contact Google? I congratulate you, all I've ever come across is "No-reply" e-mail addresses. I've found it impossible to communicate with the big G - a communications company - irony writ large. Please don't rely on me to winkle the money loose. I'm like a toddler lost in the forest when it comes to this kind of thing.

4. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago

Rupert, AdSense was not shut down!  HubPages merely eliminated the need to bring our own AdSense. We now use AdSense under the HubPages Earnings Program.

If you want to get payment from your own AdSense, you have to wait till it reaches $100. But that will only happen if you are still using it on your own website(s).

If you no longer need it, then you can request to close it, in which case Google will pay you if you had at least $20 pending.

1. lobobrandon profile image87
      lobobrandonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was confused and was wondering what I missed. Where did you get the 90 days idea, Rupert?

2. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I was trying to figure out what Rupert was saying. I figured he had closed his own Adsense account and was waiting for payment.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense. Nate. I think that's probably what he meant, assuming he requested to close his account and receive the final payment if it's over $20.

Hey Rupert, is that what you did?

3. Glenis Rix profile image95
      Glenis Rixposted 3 years agoin reply to this

They didn’t pay me! I closed my account about 5 months ago. I despaired of ever receiving what I am owed so about five weeks ago resorted to asking for the account to be reactivated. It’s still pending.

5. Rupert Taylor profile image95

I have only a minimal grasp of what happened with Adsense. All I know is that I was told to claim whatever my balance was (about $76) and it would be paid within 90 days.

Did you claim it? If yes, how? Just making sure that you actually closed your Adsense account (Google), because that 76 has nothing to do with HP in the sense that there's nothing they can do for you.

1. Rupert Taylor profile image95
        Rupert Taylorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I followed the closing-account instruction. But, given my lack of dexterity with things digital there's no guarantee I did it properly.

Okay, if there was a closing account protocol, it was most likely through Adsense and that's where you guys saw the 90-day thing. I guess it would be 90 days since you filled up that form because there is no real connection between HP and Adsense. So they don't really care that HP switched away from them.

6. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years ago

@Rupert
    I managed to find a real email address and got a reply back within 12 hours! The responder said he could only deal with the non-arrival of payments that had already been raised. However, closed accounts final payments are being dealt with by other team members who are working from home or have been furloughed and they cannot be contacted by external email.

@Glenn and Lobo
    Rupert and I are chasing final AdSense payment after waiting more than the promised 90 days after closing our individual AdSense accounts. I'm only due $30 so I'm not going to lose any sleep if I never receive it, (but it would be nice to have none-the-less.)

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years agoin reply to this

With so many people working remotely from home, that is becoming a common theme. I wish you both good luck with getting your final payment.  It may just take a little longer than expected. I don’t have that problem because I’m keeping my AdSense open since I use it on my own site.

1. DrMark1961 profile image98
        DrMark1961posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think it is becoming a common excuse for poor customer service, not just a common theme.

1. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93

+1 sad

2. lobobrandon profile image87

Good luck with that. I'm surprised that it's already been 3 months, time sure flew by.

7. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93
    Beth Eaglescliffeposted 3 years ago

@ Rupert
    Good news! I have just received the final payment due from my closed AdSense account. smile

I wrote a polite letter asking for my money to Adsense HQ in California by snail-mail. Yes, Snail-Mail! I posted the letter from the UK on 6th August and on 13th August payment was made by Google, for the full amount owed, into my bank account. To say I'm amazed is an understatement.

Seems weird the only way to get a technology company to take notice of you is to use old-fashioned methods, but it's worked. No explanation or apology for the delay, but the money was what I wanted, and that's what I now have.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Great information and good news to note. Man, you're fortunate. I need a cup of tea to your good health! That's not much to ask.

8. Rupert Taylor profile image95

Mine came through yesterday. Almost enough for a down payment on a cup of coffee.

1. Beth Eaglescliffe profile image93

Ah, so maybe mine arriving so soon after I sent the letter was just a coincidence. sad C'est la vie.

2. NateB11 profile image87
      NateB11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

lollol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)