There Will Be a Smooth Transition to a 2nd Trump Administration

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (44 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 3 years ago

Right out of Mike Pompeo's mouth:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 … on-vpx.cnn

What do you think he means?

Should he be making such statements without presenting clear evidence of massive voter fraud?

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Crank, they've all got big mouths and tiny brains. No, they should shut up because the people have spoken and they don't have the chance of a snowball in hell. I'm not going to waste my time looking up sources to back my statement. The percentages already presented by the media back it up.
      We are a democratic republic under a Constitution, and to give in to a vocal minority is exactly how Hitler came into power. See any parallels here?
      Kylie Atwood said it right when she said that diplomats all over the world are concerned with what is going on in the U.S. How can we call for honest elections in other countries when our own president and his followers are undermining the honesty of our own election proceedings in this country? We are open and vulnerable right now because the Biden team is not receiving the information they need to take over the reins from the usurper. Let's hope that no country takes advantage and launches an attack on this country between now and January 20.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

oh gawwddd . . .another Hitler reference. However, I would suggest you might want to look into the validity of your "vocal minority" thought as being how Hitler came to power.

Geesh. All we need is "Hitler" to demonize any point of contention. Are you and My Esoteric neighbors?

GA

I have a minor in history, GA. Maybe you can trump me. No pun intended.

Of course, I can "trump" you. I majored in European History at Google University.
            https://hubstatic.com/13056229.jpg
            However, I will try to figure out what it was that jumped out from my memory of past readings that prompted my reply.

(If I don't get back to you it will be because I refuse to admit defeat)

GA

lol That's OK, I like your answer. A good laugh never hurts!

I am glad that you appreciated my concession of a 'from the hip' quick draw reply. To salvage my credibility I went searching for the readings that caused me to offer such a rebuttal to your comment.

I may still be wrong, (but if so it may be an argument of semantics), but, I still disagree that Hitler rose to power through a vocal minority. It is my opinion that he rose to power through political machinations. Those activities of a party capable of wielding power, not the power of the vote but the power of intimidation.

However, I must acknowledge that the difference between that reasoning and your reasoning of a "political minority" could easily be argued as "just semantics"

So, while I disagree with your "small majority" thought, and stand by my opposition to that thought, I will accede to the argument that this may simply be a difference of semantics.

GA

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"How can we call for honest elections in other countries when our own president and his followers are undermining the honesty of our own election proceedings in this country?"

How can we call for honest elections in other countries when we refuse to examine our own elections, hiding it under cover without ever looking at it?

The knife slices both ways.

crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm saddened you think this way, but encouraged that you don't believe there's massive fraud.

What would you think if you saw this story in another country: "election loser tries to overturn election after losing.? In a democratic country, you'd assume there was a coup.

Trump has asserted massive voter fraud ever since 2016. Why didn't he investigate it? He had four years to do so. In fact, I think there were a few commissions formed that found nothing and disbanded. Why not vigorously pursue this prior to the election? Why assert fraud after the result and shake the foundations of the country? There's no going back from this.

So far, the court cases have been tossed out quickly for lack of evidence. A lot of the "evidence" has been based on hearsay. Most of the "evidence" has had nothing to do with fraud. It has to do with how far the Republican observers could stand from the counting.

Reports from inside the administration say that there's no evidence of fraud and no strategy for proving fraud. It's Trump riling up his base. Privately, Trump has told people he's just going to run again in 2024 and this is a way to energize his base.

2. profile image0
          Marisa Writesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Tell me, who in the US is refusing to examine your own elections?   Court cases are being brought. That's how it should be done.

The only thing Republicans should be saying right now is, "Until the court cases are heard, we cannot say who will be President". To claim they've already won court cases which haven't even been decided yet is, essentially, lying. 

Biden has to proceed as if he's won, because if he does turn out to be the winner, his whole team has to hit the ground running in January.  He can't afford to wait and see.

3. profile image0
        savvydatingposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"Oh, Crank, they've all got big mouths and tiny brains."

Yet, you believe The Urantia book is gospel truth, right?

https://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-st … gin-beings

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … he-new-age

I'm sorry, what is it that you said about "... tiny brains?"

Never heard of it. Defining book of the Trump cult maybe?

1. profile image0

Deleted

Deleted

1. profile image0

Deleted

Deleted

1. profile image0

So, rather than admit euthanasia of children is evil and shameful, you make false accusation about the Bible in order to support and make excuses for one of your own?

Not surprising, given that your beloved Obama and candidate Biden  espouse partial birth abortion, which should be an abomination to any normal and decent person.

2. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image0

Is that even a serious statement?

So, let me get this straight. It is perfectly fine for members of your party to embrace Hitler's belief in euthanasia as long as they are Democrats.

Any decent person knows that you do not euthanize children.

Or they should... but apparently not, if euthanizing is deemed "spiritual.".

Euthanizing babies is not okay.

Got it?

1. profile image0
                  PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Lol, and I'm sure you approve of everything in the bible, too. I'm an atheist and believe it's all hogwash, so I'm not being hypocritical. If you're  a Christian, though, then you have no legitimate grounds to cherry pick, since Christians do that all the time.

1. profile image0

Let me repeat, Any decent person knows that we do not euthanize children.

"Lol, and I'm sure you approve of everything in the bible, too."

And you know what I believe... because why?  By the way, "lol" (laughter) is not an appropriate response for anything having to do with killing children.

Just so you know.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

Deleted

1. profile image0

"Your throwing it in here is totally irrelevant to this discussion, which is a good indication of the size of your brain"

Personal attack, much?

You can address the question of your "Hitler" hypocrisy at any time if you care to do so.

And no, you did not compare The Bible with your Urantia book which promotes euthanasia and which you fail to condemn.

I provided the link earlier if your memory needs refreshing.

4. Sharlee01 profile image78
              Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is a very disturbing book. It's unfortunate that anyone would follow the ideology it offers. OMG, Where the hell is our society heading?

2. wilderness profile image96

Assuming that he has that "clear evidence" you're suggesting that he use the "court of public opinion", where everyone will decide based on their political affiliation rather than the courts.

It would be foolish beyond belief to take that road; participants in a court trial never take their evidence public before presenting it at trial.

Of course all that is predicated on their being clear evidence of massive voter fraud or other wrongdoing.  Something I'm pretty doubtful of.

So far, the court rulings don't seem to be changing opinion. Instead of providing evidence and showing it to his followers, Trump is pushing his followers to find the evidence.

1. wilderness profile image96

Again, neither Trump, the RNC nor anyone else should be discussing evidence to be used in a court lawsuit to Trump's "followers".  Or anyone else outside the court, for that matter.

Nor have I seen or heard anything remotely like "Please find evidence of a legal reason to invalidate the election and forward it to me." coming from Trump.  Of course, if one already has solid evidence (as in  personally watching election fraud take place I'm sure he would be appreciative if a "whistle blower" stepped up to the plate to ensure the legality of US elections.  Or is that out of line with your thinking?

I've read the transcripts of the court cases and the judges reactions to the lack of evidence along with the Trump lawyers admitting that what they're filing suits against wasn't actually true, like being prevented from watching the tally.

Several Trump followers have stepped up with hearsay accusations that have been immediately tossed.

Again, Trump says there is fraud. I presume he has evidence. If so, why doesn't he present it in court so we can move this along instead of filing pointless suits that are wasting time?

And did the lawyers say (as I've heard) that they WERE allowed to watch...from too far away to see what was happening?  That would make the statement that they weren't allowed to watch technically true but irrelevant at the same time.

Perhaps he is.  I'm hearing quite a bit about the Pa. laws that were simply set aside to run this election different than others...or is that set aside as something other than "fraud"?  Judging from the other thread in these forums, Trump has a very good case against Pa.

And of course Ga, does not NEED a lawsuit to get a recount.  Take those two from Biden and he loses.

My understanding is that they argued that their watchers were not allowed to watch, but they had to admit to the judge that was not true.

I don't think laws were set aside. The PA Supreme Court ruled on the matter. How PA was run could have benefitted either side since the decision was made prior to the vote.

As far as I know, any disputed ballots have been set aside and are not included in the count as of yet. Still, it's unclear what's fraudulent in anything.

In PA, they accepted mail in ballots long after election day, in violation of their state constitution (as I understand it).  These would have heavily in favor of Biden, as we have seen over and over.

With the state supreme court ruling, I rather doubt that those ballots were set aside uncounted.  And as of election day the state was heavily in favor of Trump, with only those late mail in ballots yet to be counted - the ones that gave Biden the win.

2. profile image0
                    Marisa Writesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

In press coverage that we've seen here, from several source,s  I've seen reports that the Republicans challenged the legality of those votes early, and for that reason, those votes had to be segregated from the rest so they could be easily identified and disallowed if necessary.  Which, in fact, they were.  But it hasn't changed the result.

3. peterstreep profile image81
      peterstreepposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I hope the Trump demonstration in Washington will be a peaceful one. Or is this the smooth transition Pompeo is talking about?

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)