What are the limits of forgiveness? Repost

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (17 posts)
  1. schoolgirlforreal profile image80
    schoolgirlforrealposted 3 years ago

In order to comment on this interesting thread, I'm reposting.

It was said "If, with his dying breath, Hitler had asked Jesus for forgiveness, could he have been admitted to Heaven?"

My reply,,,,

I can understand of course why many people would say "I hope not"
    But God is Divine and doesn't think the way we do. But this is complicated. So let's explore..

Keep in mind though, that when a person gets to be so evil like Hitler, it's very unlikely they would even ASK God for forgiveness.

Here's how it works.

God is infinitely good and merciful. Yes he would forgive any person no matter how bad they are. He promises that to us , that's why Jesus died for us sins "For while we were yet sinners, He died for us" Romans...

So yes forgiveness is possible at any time in life.
    But it's extremely risky to risk waiting till your death bed.

The human heart gets to be so cold and so evil if it goes unrepentant for too long
    the longer it goes unrepentant, the less likely the person would even have the ability to repent.

There have been stories told of atheists who didn't believe in God and at their last moment started screaming "I'm going to hell!"

The harder the heart gets, the more difficult it is to say "Forgive me".

Hitler did not ask God for forgiveness. He was a coward and an evil man.

2. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 3 years ago

I agree with "The harder the heart gets, the more difficult it is to say, Forgive me".
    but yes if it's about God, He can forgive the person who is asking for forgiveness
    no matter how hard the heart gets but the inner of the person knows the reality. there comes a time in life where we come to realize our mistakes. iff a person is not stubborn just a sinner he will bow against God and will ask for forgiveness

and the God as He is the superior, the merciful, the beneficent will forgive the person for sure

1. Misbah786 profile image84
      Misbah786posted 3 years agoin reply to this

SchoolGirlForReal, I am a Muslim
      I need your permission to answer this forum question
      If you permit me, only then I will speak
      as I always avoid things that can create problems for anyone

schoolgirlforrealposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Not sure what you mean.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image80

Yes, I agree

https://hubstatic.com/15430091.jpg

See this its not about Islam but about Christianity
        A reference from Bible

https://hubstatic.com/15430095.png

https://hubstatic.com/15430096.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15430097.jpg

References From the Islamic point of View
          The second picture is the name from 99 names of Allah "AL GHAFFAR" means The Great Forgiver

https://hubstatic.com/15430099_f1024.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15430102.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15430103.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15430105.jpg

references from both Christianity and Islam
            both religions say God forgives
            He is merciful, the most beneficient
            His mercy is much more Greater than our sins
            and He(The God) loves the ones who forgive others

https://hubstatic.com/15430109.jpg

https://hubstatic.com/15430110.jpg
              see these images

As believers, we need to trust Him, His mercy
                sometimes a person can deny his wrong deeds in front of people but deep inside somewhere his inner knows that I am wrong,
                maybe the person feels guilty to share his such thoughts with someone else but everyone has that special bond with God, and everyone talks to Him in silence in dark with tears filled in eyes. and He listens to everyone.

He gives and forgives everyone, a true believer puts his trust in God and knows that He will forgive me.
                I would just say we should forgive others too as God love those  who forgive others

I hope I answered your question well
                  I relate two different religions because both say the same about God forgiveness, and the intentions are not to hurt anyone's faith
                  Peace and Blessings

Thank you. smile

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image80

Amen

May God have mercy on all of us. Amen

3. schoolgirlforreal profile image80

I really don't want to talk about my personal suffering but you misunderstood I dod forgive my mother. This thread was not about her. (As u said on my poetry hub.) My mother lied SAYING my brother tried to make her fall. We believed her. Called police. Then she told them she was surprised.
          This is the worst thing she has done.
          I'm still really hurt.
          In alanon we learn DETACH WITH LOVE.
          WE R NOT OBLIGATED TO HAVE CONTACT.
          I dont appreciate u telling how to handle my problems.

I am sorry if I hurted you but my intentions were never to hurt as I Mentioned above.

Peace and blessings

Blessings

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)