Masks

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (76 posts)
  1. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15402874.jpg
    I haven't been wearing a mask (.) period

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

To each his own, I choose to wear the mask to protect me and my family and to protect against those who choose not to wear one.

abwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Cred for commenting.
        It should feel like a part of you or an extension of you, ten years down the road or so.

P.S. I don't know if you read my explanation, half of it was missing when I checked. It seems to be good now.

2. Credence2 profile image78
          Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome

2. abwilliams profile image68

I have made the decision that if I am in a store, a restaurant, etc. and am approached, I will ask the question, "are you refusing me service or denying me entry?" I will leave, before I will wear a mask, based on principle, not in defiance!
      I will be kind in my departure. These people are just doing their job and protecting their interests from the County,  the Owner or whomever it is that they answer to.
      So far, I have gotten some looks...but I have not been confronted, I have not been asked to leave.
      If we don't all begin to do this....very soon, things will never change, it will not get better!
      It has been over a year and I hear talk of vaccine mandates, talk of vaccines along with continuing the wearing of masks, perhaps even multiple masks. Dr. Fauci is still saying indoor dining is not safe with nothing to back up this statement. (from what I can find)
      I have also heard that maybe...by 2022/2023...or so, these restrictions may be relaxed! Say what?
      At this point, it has become a control mechanism and that must be considered with each and every move we take from here on out!
      IMHO.
      Thoughts?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
        schoolgirlforrealposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting and valid thoughts here.
        I personally abhor confrontation.
        So I wear them to not have confrontation.
        But you got me thinking.

Hi schoolgirl, I am not a fan of confrontation either, but I cherish my freedom and I abhor control tactics and political games.
          I am glad that I have you thinking! smile

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81
          Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sorry,
          But I think it's very inconsiderate not to think about other people.
          How would you feel if you caused an elderly man or woman to get covid?   Or a precious little child?
          I di hear that the CDC is saying once fully vaccinated we can go without masks...but who will be honest about it?
          No one likes these mask...but many people have health problems who cannot afford to get this virus.  And No...they shouldn't have to stay at home hiding away.

Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I wear them to protect myself and family from others who choose not the wear the masks. I am more than pleased with the President's efforts thus far.

However, this virus is mutating into various strains and I don't think that anyone really knows the direction that this will take. I will prefer to be safe rather than sorry for the foreseeable future.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image81

You are right.  These mutations are scary, and I'm afraid they are spreading quickly.
              Who knows what will happen then.
              Stay safe

2. abwilliams profile image68
            abwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry that you feel that way Brenda. It is not my intent to come off as "inconsiderate"...if that was my position, I'd not protest in kindness, I'd make an ugly scene at each and every opportunity.
            It may come to that yet, but for now, as stated weeks ago, I will remain unmasked and if I am asked to leave I will. I've gone out of my way {literally} for over a year in order to support restaurants, salons, Mom & Pop businesses and other small businesses, hanging on by a thread! I've doubled and tripled (in some cases) the tips I've left behind in an effort to help those struggling.
            If these businesses don't want my business...they will let me know!
            So far, no one has questioned me or asked me to leave.
            BTW, I cherish my space, I don't want any one in my face, so I am not about to get in theirs.
            It works for me for now.
            But, if the Federal Government ever attempts to force me into getting a vaccine in order to carry on with my life, if I or anyone else is ever forced to carry health records/Vaccine credentials and 'show our papers'..... I will no longer be kind, I will be making a very ugly scene and I will not be alone.

I've heard that they are thinking about covid passports for people to carry to enter sports venues.
              I'm certain you have your reasons & are trying to stay away from people, but they say just touching something or even the air conditioning can make it spread.
              I want to be able to feel safe when I go out.  I'm tired of being in the house.
              I think it's sad that not everyone is willing to try to battle this unseen force
              But...that's just me.

I am sorry that you have this fear, you need to do what is right for you.

Ab
                  It's not necessarily a fear, as I am concerned for health issues for myself, my family & my friends.
                  Some of us have other health issues and there is no need to add to it...if we can help it.

3. Brenda Arledge profile image81

Here in my little part of the world. .people are asked to keave or go back outside to get masks.

3. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am not terribly fond of them. I just go with flow here in Calif. Basically I wear one at the worst twenty minutes grocery shopping once a week.

That's fair tsmog. I had to wear one in order to see my Mom when she was in the hospital at the end of February. She has since passed and because of how horrible it was for her/for us...how horrible it has been for so many, their lives turned upside down/destroyed, not because of COVID.....but because of COVID rules and regulations, ever-changing, the goal posts continually moved, over-the-top political crap...... Enough said, as stated earlier, I've had my fill!

I'm sorry to hear what you went thru and I agree with you. Luckily my Mom refused rehab and is getting care at home. So we can see her. Thank God. She is terrified of being alone. I'm glad she made the right choice and that we have people helping her at home- four people.

4. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Living in Michigan one can't enter any business without one. If you try they ask you to leave. We have the very worse numbers in the US at this point, and we are still under the most strict of mitigations.  My Doc predicts in a few years we will see studies that claim it was the mask-wearing that added to the numbers in the US. Filthy masks infected those that felt safe with one on and just knew nothing about taking one-off in order not to cover their hands with the virus.  A mask does not keep the wolf outside the door, only brings its crap in on the mask. to transfer to one's hands, and then face.

Wow Sharlee, that's tough...keep leaving when asked until some brave soul refuses to continue the madness and leaves it up to their customer's discretion? Something has to give, someone has to make the first move!
        I don't know what it will take for the over-the-top places, such as Michigan. Come on down to Florida, we'll do lunch, maskless coming and going! smile

I don't know about you, but I enjoy watching Kirk Cameron on facebook, doing his nightly spiels about freedom in America, based on our countries' founders. It's enlightening. Plus I believe in the power of prayer as well, that it can literally "move mountains".

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image79

I believe this. It's scientific.

5. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Your braver than I, not from the biological stand point. Just from all the hassles I get evey where. In our province, we only had one death since May.

We need fresh oxygen for our immune system most. I rather catch covid with a 99.98 survival rate than force to take a vaccines that makes us sick 80% of the time according to B Gates.

Maybe your right, it starts with the mask.

I don't know if I'm brave, but I know that I have had it with the B.S.!
        Yes, the survival rate is phenomenal with this virus, but yet, here we are, well over a year later, many still living in fear of the virus and/or in fear of the rules and regulations placed on us, as a result of the virus, slaves to the mask! It's crazy!

Put my suggestion to the test Castle, let me know how it goes. Thanks for adding to the conversation.

I'm glad you shared this. with us. Thanks abwilliams

My pleasure, are you going to put into practice?
            If so, let me (us) know how it goes.
            Thanks for contributing to the conversation.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

I have a mask with a clear plastic across, so others can see my smile.
              Otherwise everyone looks like bank robbers.
              Its important to take your mask off when entering a bank. Banks cameras knowing who you are, is more important than to caught the covid.

6. Valeant profile image87
      Valeantposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm down here in Florida and there have been people since December choosing not to wear a mask while shopping indoors.

One of my favorite pizza places does not require their employees to wear them.  Their pizza is so good that I risk it, but do wear my mask.

I had Covid, it was a mild case.  But others have not been as fortunate.

Yes most places are pretty lax here in Florida.

Although I have gone into many places here that DO NOT have a ‘wear the mask’ sign out, the majority of patrons coming and going are still wearing their masks.
        I guess they have their reasons,  maybe they are more comfortable with a mask on???
        But, I do wonder if SOME will ever be comfortable enough to give up the mask....has it become a security blanket of sorts?

I am glad to know that your case was mild V.

Good news for a change.
          Texas cancelled the mask mandate in March
          Gov. Greg Abbott says Texas ranks high in coronavirus recoveries, but many large states don’t report that figure
          Texas’ recovery total is not a tally of the patients no longer experiencing symptoms, but rather an estimate based on a string of assumptions about the virus’ longevity.

I would rather catch the covid than take a vaccines and get sick likely, for whatever the hell happens next.

I’ve turned this discussion into an article, so shutting this discussion down. Thanks everyone!

Good article thanks, sharing

Thank you! Much appreciated. My naked face is wearing a smile.

Look forward toward what you write.

Our freedom, health, economy and love ones, we need back.
                  Anything you want, you got it.

7. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Finally!   Joe took his mask off and says we can too --- If we are vaccinated. The CDC has made it clear if you have vaccinated toss out that mask . Except for travel or public transportation.  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc … nated.html

https://hubstatic.com/15550724_f1024.jpg

"If we are vaccinated"...how will they know?
        No matter what they have up their sleeves or how they intend to find out, who is and who isn't,  I identify...as a vaccinated person! smile

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

I guess it's up to a non-vaccinated person to now make the choice if they don't want to wear a mask and possibly get COVID and add to the herd. Hey, we all have the right to decide. I bit the bullet so I am pleased about tossing out the mask. I don't feel it fair to ake people to show proof of being vaccinated.

Yep, up to each person to decide for themselves, just like with the flu shot or anything else having to do with one's health. It is no one else's business, other than their Doctor's, should they choose to discuss it with their Doctor.
            But, I have a feeling, with this Administration that it will not be as simple as that.

schoolgirlforrealposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree. This administration is different. And I am thinking the same as you, that they will require proof.
              Also, I think they will eventually be more forceful about pushing the vaccine.
              Well, at this point, Biden says, he wants to  make the vaccine more "Fun" to get. Hmmmmm yeah with money incentives and such.
              Wonder what's in a vaccine that makes you have to BRIBE someone to get it. If it WAS safe, belive me I'd tell everyone to get it. ha.

Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Israel, UK and USA are really pushing vaccines more than any. Israel and USA want peace. They want a peace of everybody.

lol!

That's great but some places will still require them indoors. Even the vaccinated as well. Places such as hospitals, doctor offices, and any business that asks.
        This included mental health facilitites.
        So, the mask is not totally gone yet.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

Most people here appear to have ditched them in the last month. I carry one, in case, out of courtesy. I'll put it on as the situation appears to lean toward mask use

Hi LtL, I do keep one in my purse.
      I was in Lowe's last night and me and one other woman were the only ones in the store without one, we just smiled at each other.
      It was nice to see a smile again.

Lol!

Here's a smile for you.

smile smile smile

3. abwilliams profile image68

Thank you! :-) Back at ya!
    More smiles, less frown-inducing regulations and restrictions.

smile

4. abwilliams profile image68

That's what I thought about banks, but I recently went inside, because I finally could!  I was the only one entering the bank or already in the bank without a mask!?! Per usual, sticking out like a sore thumb.
    Do the powers that be EVER think these things through...I seriously doubt it!

5. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

I follow a protocol based on Stay Well campaign. The campaign educates and helps you understand how to prevent the spread of germs during the pandemic. It works for me and my family. We are comfortable with it.

6. abwilliams profile image68

Or should I leave it???

1. tsmog profile image84

Leave it. It will eventually filter away anyways, yet for awhile may bring more insight that may assist with your article and such.

7. abwilliams profile image68

Thanks tsmog, will do. Have a great day!

1. tsmog profile image84

You do as well listening and watching nature changing the seasons.

Good plan, it is both miraculous and magnificent watching nature do its thing! :-)

I concur

8. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Brenda, again, you should do what is right for you, get the yearly vaccines, continue to mask up, if that's what makes you comfortable.
    I don't know if you have given much thought to this, but we have a crisis on the southern border. People are flooding across and moving throughout the U.S. in all directions. We've no idea which diseases (including Covid) are crossing  with them, undetected. That should be the bigger concern than someone like me questioning motives and such! Why have people been kept in lockdown indefinitely, why were small businesses targeted (many forced to shut down permanently) in so many cities? Why did children miss another year of school OR if they could go, were mandated to wear masks? Which, incidentally,  Doctors have described as strapping petri dishes to their faces! Kids aren't getting it, aren't spreading it...how abusive to not only destroy these couple of school years for them (some States still saying 21/22 is iffy and that 22/23 is more likely....).
    Our kids have been kept from growing socially with their peers. They've been kept from learning in the proper environment and they've been forced to mask up and breathe in things that could actually kill them!
    Suicide is up for them, all hope lost! sad
    This is what should concern everyone!!
    These vaccines were rushed though, in an emergency situation, to protect the most vulnerable; the elderly...those with weakened immune systems...it was not rushed through for the healthy! Thank God, I count myself among the healthy. When and if I decide I want to take another vaccine, I WILL make that decision, it is not the government's place.
    I am every bit as passionate as you on this subject. We are just looking at it from different angles. Take care, stay safe. Enjoy the weekend.

So the truth comes out ....

“I feel the need to continue wearing my mask outside even though I’m fully vaccinated because the inconvenience of having to wear a mask is more than worth it to have people not think I’m a conservative."
      -David Hogg, Activist

2. Brenda Arledge profile image81

AB,
      I agree, we are looking at it from different angles and you do have the right to live your own life anyway you desire.
      I agree that kids have missed out on alot, but at the same time hopefully they have gained more by being at home with their families.
      Getting back into the reality that families mean something.   Like having family time together and eating meals together.
      Connecting on a level that many families have lost over the years.
      This kind of connection is so much more important than peers at school.
      I know there are a few unfortunate ones whose parents do not take the time to care, but I pray another family helps in those situations.
      Our world is falling apart from all avenues & it's time we all get the basics back in our lives.
      Maybe we can find room for God & a little bit of praying.
      Take care and have a great weekend.

9. abwilliams profile image68

:-O

10. abwilliams profile image68

I will agree that our world is falling apart and I do pray a lot!

11. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

We just look at this from different angles & that's actually what makes writing so great.   Diversity.
    In my little corner of the world we have seen loved ones die, often times alone behind the doors of hospitals or nursinghomes where they allowed no entry.
    We have seen people lose limbs that had to be surgically removed due to this virus causing blood clots.
    While others claim this is a hoax..it is very real.
    No one can hide from this virus.
    The mask will not protect you 100% from this virus unless you are fortunate to have N95 mask, which here only the hospitals are allowed to obtain. (This info from doctor)
    But we do our best to try.
    Take care & stay safe in your part of the world.

We have been able to acquire the N95 masks from Amazon, I believed that they are made by the Israelis

I thought you took the vaccine?  Are you intending to still wear a mask, even though the CDC has put out a statement that clearly claimed if you are vaccinated you have no need for a mask at the point.

I should have and I haven't. It is not wise and I admit it. I haven't had any inoculations related to flu since 1976 and I got the flu then. There have been some issues about my wife and prior malarian infection, that has her spooked about taking it.

But even if we did, we would probably still wear the masks because of new strains and mutations. My wife's health is fragile and she is very suspicious of inoculations.

Cred, I can understand your concerns. I have the view everyone must consider the pros and cons on a personal basis. At this point, the two of you came through a year COVID clear. The virus is finally mutating as it should normally virus mutates down to flu-type statues. Which will spread like the flu, but not be as serious as the virus it originated from.

It is smart for your wife and you to continue to wear your masks until a good herd is built. It does appear the country is heading toward a good herd with those that have had COVID, those that had it and were Asymptomatic, and the millions that have been vaccinated.

We are headed in the right direction. I think you sound very comfortable in with your decision, and this is truly all that matters.

12. Keira Anand profile image76
    Keira Anandposted 2 years ago

I wish I could leave them too, it's just that this really isn't becoming normal no matter how normal it does become (you get me?) And well my country is on the alarming rate, I just wish all of this goes away as quickly as it came.

13. abwilliams profile image68

Hi Keira, I just came across this, this morning, not sure who the author is, but it says a lot in a few short words:

“Fear does not stop death.
    It stops life.
    And worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles.
    It takes away today’s peace.”

That is my motto: Take it one day at a time and live life to its fullest. None of us are promised tomorrow, no matter what is going on in the world today.

I’ve never seen so many people driving alone in their car, in a mask, with the look of fear or walking through a store, as if they are walking through a land mine, terrified of any person that comes within 12 feet.
    They aren’t living....I don’t know if they’ll ever recover, no matter what happens, this has become their normal.
    Sad!

Great piece of poetry.

It is sad to see people walking around like that...wasting what time they have here.
      As a person with a disability, I face that every day.   Everyone else is finally catching up...it's not a great feeling, but one has to keep going.  Live their life each day.
      If anything...Covid-19 has hurt this precious time.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Love it, people have forgotten how to die, in order to live.

14. Keira Anand profile image76
    Keira Anandposted 2 years ago

Wow the author did do a great job, and yes that's the sad truth. If scientists worldwide, working day and night have not been able to find a 'cure', I guess we'll have to make it the new normal.

But what is “normal”....lol, just kidding! Another topic for another day.
      Have a wonderful day? Night? Not sure where you are on this magnificent planet of ours.

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

The virus has started to mutate more rapidly, this is normal for viruses.   Sometimes viruses can have mutations that give the virus an advantage, So far stats are saying the new variance of COVID is a bit more spreadable but has a lesser death rate. This is promising.  Science tells us the new COVID   attachment to cells or the ability to replicate faster.  But it is very possible the next mutation could result in disadvantages for the virus, lowering the ability for it to attach to cells, which will severely weaken the virus. or taking longer to reproduce. This will have the virus implode, and it will kill itself trying to reproduce. 

We hopefully will see this happen soon.  It sounds as if you are very frightened, which is so understandable. Hold onto the fact that viruses are predictable. This one will eventually turn on itself. The herd we are building will give it nowhere to go but to mutate and denature. 

Do some reading on Viruses, not COVId but the science of viruses. This will help you understand them, and that they all take the path.

Hang in, there will be an end to COVID.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)