Am I the only lucky one or are there more folks with me on this boat?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Hello Beautiful souls,

This month, I submitted two of my articles to network sites and have yet to hear back from the editors. They did not accept or reject it, and I did not receive any emails stating that the articles had been placed in the editing queue. The strange thing is that I emailed them five days ago to inquire about the status of the submission, but they never answered.

Furthermore, for the last 6 or 7 months, they've placed 5 of my articles in their editing queue. I also haven't seen any progress on those articles either.

I used to read 10-15 articles every day until HP removed the comment section from hubs. Nowadays, I just get to read 3-5 articles per day (by those I follow and those who follow me) because I feel only a few writers are writing. It's amusing that even when many people aren't contributing, the editors still don't have time to revise the fresh and previously submitted articles.

Wondering..... Why? Is it something that just I'm experiencing? I'm curious to know.

Thank you so much!

Blessings!

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Misbah, I read in another forum similar complaints. No word about articles submitted to niche sites weeks ago. I am very tardy at submitting  articles as I still have over 100 on HubPages, but the last one I submitted in October only took about one week to be approved. I should submit another and see.
      It is a good point..with less articles being written you think staff would have more time. Maybe they are working so hard on perfecting the return of comments that they don’t have time for anything else. Or maybe  the cookie monster is devouring whole articles now.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Lol! Yes, that cookie monster. tongue

John, this is the first time I've experienced this problem. Whenever I've submitted an article before, they've always responded within 7-10 days, but I'm not sure what's going on with these two articles. Thank you for your kind response.

Lots of Blessings, dear friend smile

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi there Misbah. In my experience HP's editing process has always been a little bit hit and miss but in the end they always get there, somehow. You'll need to be patient and from time to time you might just want to send them an email as a gentle kick up the butt. In an ideal world every article submitted would be checked and published within a day or two, to alleviate writer's angst!! I'd probably be suspicious of an editing process that was too quick however, so, whilst delays are a pain I welcome a few days wait in a queue that I know will eventually give me my turn. Having said that, I did grow a bit frustrated recently when three articles of mine were in limbo for about a fortnight, just lingering, when all  want for them is to be out there earning for me and HP! I didn't stop writing fresh articles - I like to publish one or two a month if I can - and was pleasantly surprised when all three were edited within a day or two (plus another that went through with HubPro) and on Owlcation. As I say, HP's editing has never been regularly consistent. It's like you bumpng into a friend in town oe day, then not bumping into a friend for three weeks, then bumping into four friends within an hour! If in a day or two you're still left dangling I'd email them with a polite reminder. Good luck.

I like that friends example... Lol! big_smile.  Yes, it is like that! I have sent them an email regarding these two and about 3 times regarding the articles that are placed in the queue and they never responded.

However once I noticed that I sent them an email regarding the articles they placed in the queue along with the links. They clicked all the links on the same day from a referral link (gmail), and from the same location. Thanks to Google analytics... Lol! big_smile. Still those articles are in the editing queue and they didn't notify me anything. That's strange! neutral

Thanks for your very kind response.
        Blessings to you!!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

It's not just you Misbah. There are several issues assailing writers, but that's been the case for a long time.

We are only allowed to submit articles to niche sites at the rate of one every 15 days, so your "This month, I submitted two of my articles to network sites . . ." appears to break that rule, it being only December 6.

Inconsistences over the length of time it takes to process our work are common. I have an article I submitted to a niche site at least six weeks ago and there's no word on it. On the other hand, I submitted an article to HP last week and it was put on a niche within 24 hours.

I counsel patience.

I submitted my first article on November 8th, and the second was submitted 15 days later. This way, the month will finish tomorrow. I said this month, indicating a period of 30 days. Lol! big_smile Thanks for pointing out smile
      Yes, patience is the key. I appreciate your very kind response.
      Blessings always!

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Rupert, I completely agree with you in that. It's one article every two weeks.                                  My submission two months ago is yet to bear any response.

3. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

Sometimes it takes a day or two to hear back, and sometimes it is weeks later.  The last one I submitted, they responded that they were already considering it for a niche site.  So I tried to submit another one, and they said I had to wait 15 days.  No word yet on the one they were already considering.  I think that patience is the key.

Yes, Peggy, you are right. Patience is the key. smile

No word yet on the one they were already considering. This is even more strange.

Thank you for your very kind response.

Blessings always!!

4. bhattuc profile image83
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

My experience is that if the article is good enough they themselves move it to the niche site. But when we apply for it then they have to review it thoroughly and then probably the delay starts. There might be so many requests for shifting from so many writers and we do not know as how many full time editors are there to attend to it.

You are right, Sir. I think patience is the only key. I appreciate your very kind and generous response. Thanks a lot! smile
      Blessings always!!

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

I have one I submitted 5 or six weeks ago, maybe longer. No response. I was thinking of emailing to ask for an update...

Yes, maybe try to send them an email to ask for an update.

I also sent them an email..... But they never responded sad  Seems like they are super busy.

Blessings!!

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
        PaulGoodman67posted 2 years agoin reply to this

My suspicion is that they're focused on the shift over from Maven to the Arena set up.

We don't know how that will affect us but making everything into three categories can't help but lead to a restructure, as far as I can see.

The niches in their present state may not be with us much longer?

I see. I think that The Arena Group has a very bright future. smile

Let's just hope for good!
          Blessings to you!!

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
            PaulGoodman67posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I hope you're right about Arena. Maven didn't seem to work out that well, certainly for writers' views and earnings.

What's the email address for contacting editors to ask what's happening? editors@hubpages.com?

It's a long time since I wrote to them. Hehe!

Yes, it's editors@hubpages.com smile

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70

But how about team@hubpages.com (?).

The email you shared is for the HP team (Staff). The one that Paul and I shared is for the HubPages editors. smile
                  Stay Blessed!

6. Moondot1822 profile image95
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

Salam Misbah, 

You are not alone. big_smile

But the difference is that they edited one of my articles within one week, and another one was selected for Hubpro editing, and I hope it will also take only one week. They always send me notifications via email about the editing process. But this time, the hubpro editing notice can be seen on top of my articles when I open "My account."

Hi Moon,

I can't see anything like hubpro notice on the top of my articles when I open "My Account". neutral They are probably testing our patience...Lol!! Or maybe they are too busy..  not sure!

Thanks for your kind response smile

Blessings and Love, dear sister

7. profile image0
    hubber8893posted 2 years ago

Hi Misbah,

Thank you for posting informative updates about the HP. Let me tell you about the recent experience when one of my articles was accepted for Hubpro. I published the article on November 4th and received an email about the entry of my article into the review queue on November 5th. The article was extensively reviewed by the editors on November 7th (Sunday) and then published on the niche site. That was the first time an article was accepted for a niche site on a non-working day. I think the staff may have been very busy these days.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70

Every day, is a day for editors to read, write, and do editorial work.                                And, should it happen that the day(a 12 hour period) isn't enough, or work can't be done, the calm night(another 12 hours), is there to sort issues out.

2. Misbah786 profile image85

Thank you so much for the interesting update, Sourav. I once got two articles accepted for a niche on Saturday in October. But never seen it happening on Sunday. That's something new and interesting. Yes, maybe they are busy with something more important...

Blessings to you!!

8. Eurofile profile image97
    Eurofileposted 2 years ago

I too have found the process inconsistent. I have submitted one today, so will wait and see what happens. It is encouraging to know that we are all in this together.

Yes, Liz, we are all in this together... smile
      Blessings always!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)