Desert Thirst and Ocean: Container of Orange~Juice that Never Empties

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Revirio profile image44
    Revirioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/15796025_f1024.jpg
    Suppose, we are traveling through desert. Our destination is the ocean. Our target ought to be how to cross the desert quickly? Right?

Each of us is given a container/bottle that is strapped at our shirt, on our back, along the spine. The bottle is filled with orange juice. Some of us are not endowed with hands; they are armless. So they can never unstrap this container. Some have containers, but there is no juice in those containers. Some have containers from which flow unlimited orange juice — a container that never empties. If they have a benevolent heart — they may share their excess juice with others. But you must not pose any hindrance/obstruction in their journey. They are trying to cross the desert as quickly as possible.

Each of us is also given seeds of the orange tree in both pockets of our pant. Some travelers stop, and try to plant those seeds in the desert — and wait for the orange tree to bloom. This waiting is what is termed in the world as "romantic love".

1. Misbah786 profile image85
      Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Waiting, not sure if it is romantic love.

Maybe the individual does not have a strong emotional response to love?

What if they've suffered in the past and are overly cautious with you now?

Perhaps they don't love you, but they don't want to be alone? They are with you but are not serious.

What if they truly love you but are performing mind games to keep you guessing?

Or maybe they want to be "convinced."

This is Earth and in human love anything is possible smile

2. Misbah786 profile image85

Some have containers from which flow unlimited orange juice — a container that never empties. If they have a benevolent heart — they may share their excess juice with others. But you must not pose any hindrance/obstruction in their journey. They are trying to cross the desert as quickly as possible.

I was going through forums and came across this post. We all had a great time exchanging our thoughts here. These words from your post are quite profound and must be understood. Many times, we begin to rely on people just because they are kind enough to help and support us. Let it be emotional support, or whatever. This, however, is incorrect and unkind. We should not take advantage of other people's kindness and generosity. smile

Blessings to you!

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So true.
        Sometimes it's easy to use people without realizing it...because of their kindness.

When kindness is not returned. It's painful. It reminds me of these lines:

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
          Give the world the best you have anyway.
          ~ Kent M. Keith.

These are some of the words from a very uplifting and interesting poem. I will be sharing the complete poem on another forum. smile

Misbah786posted 2 years ago

whatever benefits others is good for the nourishment of our souls. We should help and respect others. So it's always a good idea to stop and and try to plant those seeds in the desert and wait for the orange tree to bloom. Its a long term benefit for ourselves and others. If it will ever benefit anyone, your name will be kept in others good books. It can be termed as Universal Love. 'Love for everyone' not a Romantic Love, in my opinion.

For genuine people respect counts more than love. smile

Revirioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What a great reply. . .  Bravo! smile

+1

Thank you so much, Aiden smile
        Stay Blessed!

smile

3. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Misbah
    I live your reply.

You always have kindness in your heart .

Sweet!!

Bredz

You are also very sweet, Bredz. God bless you. Ameen!

4. Brenda Arledge profile image79

Lol...love ...not live

Lol! big_smile

5. Brenda Arledge profile image79

For me, I don't think I'd be crossing the desert.  Especially with only one bottle that might be empty.

Bredz, I am not gonna cross that desert without you wink You can take my bottle. It's full big_smile

Awe...you are sweet Misbah, but I think we'd need more than one full bottle.

Lol.

Ha Ha! Loved it ! Okay, two bottles for you. All is yours smile I can stay thirsty. Maybe we'll be able to find an orange tree that someone might have planted in the desert. Isn't it true that hope is what keeps us going? smile

Hope is indeed what keeps us going gal.

No doubt, I'm sure we would stumble across a few trees with delicious fruit.

Yes, we will smile

2. Revirio profile image44

People who have done a lot of good deeds in the world, do get the power to teleport themselves out from the desert. smile

+1

Lovely imagination

Thank you. smile

+1

Beautiful imagination, Aiden.

The real concept behind your words is amazing and genuine. I really loved it! Send out positive energy, and it will come back to you without a doubt. smile

You have a very creative mind... smile

Deleted

smile

I had written "Thank you" in the post that now shows Deleted marker. It might have been deleted because it was considered a duplicate post.

Anyways, I thank you again. smile

No clarifications needed, dear friend. I know about these forum glitches. I can still see your deleted comment on chronological tab.

See: https://hubstatic.com/15798610.png

You are always most welcome. smile

Thank you so much for your kindness. I really appreciate that.

Blessings always!!! smile

smile

Stay blessed!!

6. Moondot1822 profile image95
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

You have created some beautiful lines. Life is the name of fluctuations. No one is perfect here. In this era, don't expect that if you don't have hands, others will give you all that you deserve or what is yours. They will definitely reserve some for themselves. 

But no doubt, there are good people around us who have the aptitude to help others without any benefit. We should value such people. 

Love comes from the soul. For me, today's love is not love. It is simply taking advantage of one another in the name of love. Love is self-sacrificing. It is something that cleans your soul. It wipes out negativity and malice from the heart. 

We are becoming ineffectual. Love is fading, and selfishness is subsisting. 

What a beautiful post, Moondot! Thank you. smile

+1

Bitter Truth, Moon. However I believe, there's always two sides of every coin.

The points you mentioned are true. However, It's happening because we are taking love just as a word. Love is, in fact, a verb too. It requires action. As the saying goes, "action speaks louder than words." The same is true for Love. The acts show if you love someone or are taking advantage of them. If there is love, it will be obvious, It will be clear. We don't need words to tell someone that we love them.

It is up to us to discover love in words or actions. Words are deceptive, but actions are not. Make it a verb rather than just a word. And everything will get as clear as crystal.

There still are people in this world who do self sacrificing. But yes, they are rare.

Allah says in Quran:

'Surely We will test you with a bit of fear and hunger, and loss in wealth and lives and fruits, and give good tidings to the patient.'
      -- Surah Al Baqrah verse 155.

We have to be patient. Positive energy always brings back positivity. smile

True Love is only God's Love, yet human love, and thus love for humanity, also comes from Allah. The source is One and that's God (Allah)

Stay blessed, dear sister!!!
      Lots of Love to you!

1. Moondot1822 profile image95
        Moondot1822posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Misbah, when there are mean people around you and you try hard not to be like them. But there comes a time when that environment seems to dominate you and you want to find a way to escape. But you can't. And this is the hardest time to live.
        And I totally agree with you that true love is only Allah's love. And He commands us to love humans. You have a beautiful soul, dear sister. May Allah bless you.
        Lots of love to you too.
        Stay safe and healthy...

Thank you so much, Moon. You, too, have a lovely heart and soul. Let's just do our part and let Allah do the justice.

May Allah shower you with abundant Blessings. Ameen!

Love you Heaps, dear sister. smile

3. Brenda Arledge profile image79

Great words EK

7. Misbah786 profile image85
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I also believe that love is unconditional and requires nothing in return. However, because we are humans, we have expectations. The only pure kind of human love is when you want nothing in return, such as when people love animals. They don't demand anything in return from animals. That is an example of pure love. Love should be that way, I believe.

Misbah
      Excellent example.
      If only people could be like our fur babies.

Seriously, Bredz, if I could be any animal, I'd want to be a cat. They are loved a lot! big_smile

I am a cat lady....
          Always have been.

Let's just not be a stray kitty lost and alone out in the cold.

Sweet! smile

8. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

I am enjoying this conversation back and forth, particularly about true love being a verb.  Good advice, Misbah!  As to the original post, there are those who carry the seeds, and those who plant them.  Let's all applaud the latter, for they are not only helping themselves, but potentially helping others as well.

Awww... Peggy, thank you very much. I truly enjoyed while having a discussion on this forum post. Yes, I feel that love should be considered a verb. We talk about love but don't act on it. As it is a verb, it should be expressed in the form of actions, I believe.

Yes, the original post is extremely beautiful and profound. Thank you so much, my dear friend.. smile

So glad you enjoyed it!!
      Many Blessings and Love as always!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)