Content Theft - It’s Driving Me Crazy

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Please read this very important and relevant article about content theft by Misbah Sheikh.

https://hubpages.com/literature/All-you … tent-theft

Misbah, thank you do much for taking up my challenge. I love what you wrote. You said exactly what many of us here are feeling. I also hate to say this, but I hope Acpeo steals this one.

1. surovi99 profile image84
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Misbah, for voicing all our concerns on HP about content theft. I also hope the site in question steals this article and get a dose of punishment. Let's hope for the best and let's hope everything will ease out. I hope the HP team also gives a helping hand in this. I am sorry, Misbah, you had to go through so much hassle. Let's pray and hope for the best.

Thank you, John, for encouraging her to write this article and sharing her link in this forum.

1. Jodah profile image90
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My pleasure, Rosina. We have to keep drawing attention to this shameful practice. Thank you for reading.

2. Misbah786 profile image84
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Rosina, thank you so much for reading and for your kind words. As John stated, we must continue to draw attention to this shameful practice. So let's fill their website with such wonderful articles and let's make sure their readers read them. They are now uncovering their true faces by their carelessness. It's time for the masks to fall down. It would be a lot of fun. Let's sit back and enjoy the show silently smile big_smile

Blessings and love as always!!

Thank you so much, John. It really worked. I am so happy. Lol! big_smile
      Lots of Blessings to you, dear friend smile

1. Jodah profile image90

Congratulations! The plan really worked. I hope the article gets lots of readers at Gourmet Pro lol. I am thinking about writing one as well, and anyone else who has had an article stolen by Acpeo should also.

1. Misbah786 profile image84

I, too, am hoping for a large number of readers for that article on their website. Lol! It's a lot of fun. I'm in the air. It's amusing how a website just copies and pastes anything. Please go ahead and publish one, and let's fill their beautiful website with our wonderful articles big_smile

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misbah, for writing this article.
      I am amused and frustrated at the same time, because like a copycat, they immediately copied it on their website, without even reading, what it is about.
      I am worried too, because as soon as an article is published, it’s copied there. In such case, it’s very difficult to claim, ‘who published it first’, I mean the date.
      I can see almost every article, published recently on that website.
      It’s like they are running a parallel website.
      I don’t understand, what’s the use of that copyright symbol at the end of the article, on HubPages.
      Like everyone, I hope this problem of content theft is resolved, as soon as possible.
      Looking at their website, it seems they have quite a large presence on social media, and many subscribers too.
      Thank you Misbah, and thank you John, for sharing this.

Chitra Di, I hope all of their subscribers read this article and unsubscribe them soon smile
        I wrote it for fun and, of course, to take some revenge. I'm delighted they copied this one as well. Yes, I agree that HubPages should help and support us in this respect, as the current situation here is not normal at all. It would be hard for us to stop them from copying our material without the cooperation of HP. Thank you so much for reading and leaving such thoughtful and insightful feedback.

Many Blessings and Much Love!!

4. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You should file a DMCA complaint with the website that copied your content. Please visit the FAQ for instructions. If the site does not respond you can file a DMCA complaint with search engines. HubPages writers own their content, so HubPages cannot file DMCA complaints on behalf of writers.

Hello Matt,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this issue; I understand and respect your words. I've already filed a DMCA and sent an email to the person who is stealing our articles. The person never responded but removed my articles yesterday, and everything seemed to be okay until the person started re-posting my previous articles on the same site. I have filed a DMCA, but doing so for each new work would be tough. It's not just about me or a few writers; the person is targeting nearly every author of HP. The situation makes it difficult for us to post fresh articles because no one would want to post an article knowing that it will be copied as soon as we publish it here. I hope you can understand my concerns.

Best Wishes!! smile

2. Jodah profile image90

I Won’t be filing a DMCA because they removed the one article of mine that had been stolen.
        Matt, This is not very helpful advice though because when Mishah filed a DMCA they removed previously stolen articles, but because they use scraping software, continue to steal all new articles published.
        You can’t expect authors to file DMCAs for every article they write here in future.

+1

I agree! smile

Misbah786posted 2 years ago

Thanks a lot, John and Rosina. I will be back here soon but here comes a treat.

https://hubstatic.com/15917426.png

I am so happy. big_smile

Blessings and Love!!

3. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I certainly hope something will be done about this problem, Misbah. I am glad you wrote this article. I didn't know until very recently that this was such a problem. This article is a good response to John's challenge. I hope the HP crew will help solve this problem.
    Thanks for posting Misbah's article John.

Yes, Pamela, it is a sad situation that has left us helpless. I filed a DMCA and they removed all of my previous articles that they had posted in the last several days, but then they started re-posting them yesterday. This one I wrote specifically for them to copy, and I'm delighted they did. Thank you so much for your very kind comment, dear friend. smile
      Blessings and lots of love!

4. theraggededge profile image98
    theraggededgeposted 2 years ago

It's because the content is automatically scraped. That website owner is not reading the articles; they have an automated process in place and it is pointed at HubPages.

Using Google to remove search engine results might work better with this one.

Bev, they are simply great at copying articles using their automated method, but I honestly feel sorry for them right now. I wish they had some filters and scanners to safeguard their site from articles like the one I published for them. big_smile
      Thank you so much for your response. Much Appreciated!
      Blessings always smile

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

I agree with Bev.

Pretty much all the copying that's done on a grand scale is automated.

The bad news is that we don't have the ability totally stop the copying, which is frustrating.

The good news is that Google can remove it from the search engines, so nobody sees it and the pirates don't profit.

Hi Paul, Yes, I also believe that is the case. I hope HP will assist us in this regard, as submitting DMCAs never really help, and how many times will we have to file a DMCA, as they are stealing all new articles?

CYong recently brought to our attention on another thread that the thief's website does not have ads, so because the thief is not making money by stealing our articles, the reason for doing so is most likely his/her actual intentions. Linda Crampton also said that the goal of the site seems to be to annoy writers and perhaps HubPages. Maybe the creator is a disgruntled writer.

I believe both of them are right regarding that site, and I also doubt the real intentions of the person who is duplicating our articles.

Blessings to you!! smile

6. Peggy W profile image94
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

It is frustrating and maddening when our work is copied and posted elsewhere.  Most of us have had to deal with this at one time or another.  I guess I should spend some time trying to get more copied pieces eliminated.  Sometimes I succeed, and at other times I do not.

Yes, Peggy, it's really difficult and upsetting situation. Thank you so much for reading and sharing your thoughts with me. Best wishes to you. I hope and pray for your success, dear friend. smile
      Many Blessing and Love.!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)