Hubpages removed the "Copied" Section from the Article Stats!

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. ReViewMeMedia profile image86
    ReViewMeMediaposted 2 years ago

I noticed today that I didn't see the "Copied" section for when my articles are stolen, Hubpages has hidden this from users, which is not good, i was able to save it in my bookmarks, but since I'm the one that has to file the DMCA claims, I need that page.

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We did not remove the "copied" section, but articles copied by the acpeo site may not register as copied in your HubPages account. If you need assistance, please email team@hubpages.com.

2. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
      Matt Wellsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I reviewed your account. You don't have any articles that have been copied at the moment so the "copied articles" tab has been removed automatically. If someone copies one of your articles the tab will reappear.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image92
        Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Matt, It's great seeing you so involved.

2. bravewarrior profile image88
        bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good to know. Thanks, Matt!

1. Jodah profile image91
          Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Oh that explains it.

3. JeremiahStoryteller profile image82
      JeremiahStorytellerposted 2 years agoin reply to this
  2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 2 years ago

Oh, for goodness sakes, what are they doing? That's just crazy.

You can still track down copyists by pasting sections of your article into Google. For some reason, it's not as accurate as it used to be but it often picks up copied content when HP doesn't.

But... tedious beyond measure.

A quicker method would be to use Copyscape or Prowriter. Trouble is, they aren't free.

Edit: I just checked and mine's still there.

ReViewMeMediaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's weird because mine isn't, and it was there yesterday.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this
  3. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

Mine are all listed in all their profuse horror.

4. ReViewMeMedia profile image86

My problem is the "copied" link has completely disappeared from my stats page.

1. eugbug profile image96
      eugbugposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean the copyright symbol?

1. bravewarrior profile image88

I think they're referring to the "copied articles" tab, Eugene.

Do you know something? In the 10 years I've been here, I never noticed that. I've always had to go into articles and follow the "Warning, your content may have been stolen" tab. What a dumbass I am roll Meanwhile  I notice all sorts of other things people don't see.

Don't feel bad, Eugene. It wasn't until today (I've been here for 10 years as well) that I was made aware we can read the forums in chronological order, but clicking the tab at the top. I never knew it existed before today!

1. tsmog profile image84
              tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Give me a hint where it is. I see violations, but not copied.

It's on the same line, to the far right just before the Q & A tab.

ReViewMeMediaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

https://hubstatic.com/15928104_f1024.jpg

This is what my stats page looks like, and I have logged in on multiple browsers.

What browser and OS are you using?

2. tsmog profile image84
                  tsmogposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nope, not there. I am looking at the lower of the two header lines with links. I checked both my tablet and desk PC. What I have is below. Am I looking in the wrong place? Perhaps it only appears if there is a copied article? I dun'no . . . Yet, sometimes I am dense ha-ha wink

Statistics Violations Broken Links Traffic Sources About The Author Q&A

Yes, you're looking in the right place. Perhaps you have no articles that have been copied. Do any of your titles have the copyright symbol next to "Author View"?

2. bravewarrior profile image88

Mine's still there.

5. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 2 years ago

No change for me. Copied articles tab is there. Everything as it was.

6. ReViewMeMedia profile image86

Okay, thank you for the explanation, I had to file a DMCA recently and I was wondering why the copied articles link disappeared.  Thank you.

7. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

I don’t have it either, but as far as I am aware I never have.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)