Brenda Scully

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (35 posts)
  1. deepthought profile image60
    deepthoughtposted 14 years ago

Is it just me or is anybody else missing Brenda Scully's presents on hubpages?? Let me know

deepthoughtposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks to all of you for your cool, calm, and nonchalant in my misuse and spelling of the word presence. As you can see sometimes dyslexia gets the best of me "But still I try"

Plus you know.. with Christmas coming up I was hoping Brenda would send us all some "presence"(just joking, lol haha ) I meant some "presents" and to bless us all as fans back with her presence on hubpages......Peaceee

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
        I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just having a bit of fun... I actually did not notice and made a spin from Jess and UW...

I have the same issues (dyslexia)  big_smile

She will be back, and sends warm wishes to all.

Thanks my friend. Just so you know that this in no way, shape or form was me taking a stab at you or anyone else and that it was just me trying to be funny to cover up the fact that I F**up the word (I shall never write again) Thanks to everyone of you. You did this, damn you, damn you all lol

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

She is fine and will be back in due course, had a message from her a few hours ago. Shes just taking a break.

1. dohn121 profile image81
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's good news, Ryan.  Thank you for the update.  She was my very first fan and that's tough for me to ever forget.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ryan,if she's just taking a break, why on earth did she delete all her Hubs?

1. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, why did she?

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess that the only true break from hubpages is to delete your account, at least if she is talking a month or two rather than a day or two, plus she may have her content saved for future use.

Everybody has their own reasons, im not so sure that Brenda was to worried about money.... so deleted hubs is not an issue then is it? I dont know her true reasons for quitting, just that she needs to take a break from hubpages (probably because she has a real life too).

I would not rule out the possibility of her username causing her problems.... not everybody is happy using their real name on the internet. I guess that the main thing is she will be coming back some time.

3. profile image0
    zampanoposted 14 years ago

I quite agree with you.
    She is fine.

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes!  Our Brenda will be BACK!  I thought she was getting a little PO'd, but that isn't it...She has a life, I guess!

4. Rehma Jamshed profile image59
    Rehma Jamshedposted 14 years ago

I miss Brenda alot. I can never forget her!! I hope she is fine!

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Presents? She never gave me presents?

6. Jess Killmenow profile image60
    Jess Killmenowposted 14 years ago

Presence.  She has a lot of presence.  smile

7. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Well, I don't know about you lot, but her presence leaves me present's all the time!! big_smile

1. Paradise7 profile image69
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one as always.

8. emdi profile image64
    emdiposted 14 years ago

who is she?

9. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

I am happy to hear Brenda will be back with us soon.  She is greatly missed.

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

That girl has one of the hardest jobs in the world. I commend her. I think she may be on her way to Scotland for a holiday from it all. She'll return, refreshed in mind and spirit.

11. deepthought profile image60
    deepthoughtposted 14 years ago

MAN!! THE POWER OF BRENDA SCULLY. Who is this  woman who's got me spelling words wrong? And people fighting over whether or not she's coming back. Does such woman exist or was she just a part of our hubpage imagination? Only you can answer these questions Brenda!

12. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

Well I don't post a whole lot here and I don't know Brenda well, but the conversations we have had have been pleasant and worthwhile.

13. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i am around now, but not writing just yet

1. Raven King profile image61
      Raven Kingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're Brenda Scully?  Wow, you changed your name. Why?

1. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

just personal reasons..... was causing me major problems, as it is my real name.... i wanted a complete  new start, so here i am

1. Raven King profile image61
          Raven Kingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's perfectly logical. Raven King is my pen name and I badly needed the writing mojo.
          I think Poetlorraine is an excellent name because your fans can expect great poetry.  smile
          Glad to see you are back!

2. HealthCare Basics profile image61
          HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just wanted to "Thank You" for the e-mail you sent me on one of my hubs. I have been out of commission the past two months concentrating on writing my first book. Seems only half done, despite the time and effort, but making progress. Hope to be running a few hubs soon. Sorry it has taken this long to respond as I rarely find myself on-line except for research.

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

PL, you can always republish your old hubs now on your new account. Glad your back.

15. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

*Yoshi hugs PL*

Okay ... I got her in my clutches, now we can all give her a spanking for having us worried she might never come back! smile

16. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Welcome back!  I thought you wanted to stay anonymous, though.  We all have to agree not to tell anyone (big_smile big_smile big_smile)

17. yoshi97 profile image56

*Yoshi hugs PL*

Okay ... I got her in my clutches, now we can all give her a spanking for having us worried she might never come back! smile

I'm with you on that one...

18. profile image50
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Really weird I got the blame for you leaving then you are back but even before you are back you are laughing with Invictus under another ego, weird indeed.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Just-A-Tinge-Of-Jealousy

19. profile image49
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

Deff didn't look offended to me Captain !

20. yoshi97 profile image56

*Yoshi gives Brenda a spanking*

"Let that be a lesson to ya little girl!" smile

21. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

hiya back and ready for a chat..... a day off today, so how is everyone........

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)