Favorite villian

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Below-average Joe profile image60
    Below-average Joeposted 14 years ago

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but being new, I'm throwing it out there.  Who is your favorite villian - books, movies, tv, whatever?  Book-wise, mine would be the husband from "Rose Madder."  That guy is creepy as hell.  Movie-wise, gotta be Maleficent.

2. torimari profile image66
    torimariposted 14 years ago

This is touuuugh.

Movie-wise, I don't remember his name, but I love Gary Oleman's villian in Leon: The Professional.

Book-wise, I can't choose. sad I like that crusty villian from Twelfth Night by Shakespeare I guess.

Below-average Joeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Leon.  Good one.  Love him biting down on whatever that is that he bites down on.

I spelled "villain" wrong, just noticed.  Sorry.

3. shamelabboush profile image52
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Mine is Tyler Durden special appearance of Brad Pitt in fight club! He was such a maniac smile

4. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

I gotta go with Darth Vader.  He comes first before all others.

5. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Edgler Vess in the Dean Koontz book, Intensity.  John McGinley played the character in the movie.

1. dohn121 profile image82
      dohn121posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Tommy.  I didn't even THINK to pick a book villain!  With that said, I'll go with Randall Flagg from Stephen King's The Stand!  That guy IS evil incarnate!

1. Tom Cornett profile image80
        Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah...Flagg was evil!  yikes

2. Animal World profile image61
      Animal Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with this one,..I read the book at least a dozen times and the movie was just as Intense,....

6. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Wile E Coyote

Beep-beep!

1. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Elmer Fudd for PETA.   smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Awww Elmer couldn't shoot straight.  He couldn't hurt a fly. The same can't be said for PETA.

7. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

This is a kind of harmless one (compared to other villains), but I liked Queen Narissa in Disney's "Enchanted".  I'm not much of a fan of the more "realistic" villains; and Susan Serandon made a great (and humorous) evil queen.

8. LViddamoy profile image61
    LViddamoyposted 14 years ago

He's not a villain as such but Francis Begbie in Trainspotting, a total psycho, one of the best characters ever, book and film.

9. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Vin Diesel - xXx  smile

10. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I like Alan Rickman's Hans Gruber character from Die Hard.

11. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Hannibal Lector

12. theageofcake profile image60
    theageofcakeposted 14 years ago

I have a few that stand out for completely different reasons.

Ozymandias from Watchmen for having such a calculated, cold, and strange sense of morality;

The Joker, specifically from the Dark Knight, for his obsession with chaos and ruined vision of humankind;

Sephiroth from the video game Final Fantasy 7, for being so egocentric as to think of himself as something of a God;

and Daniel Plainview from There Will Be Blood, for his tragic and impenetrable hatred of people.

13. Lloyd Christmas profile image54
    Lloyd Christmasposted 14 years ago

i Liked Viggo Mortessen in The Prophesy as Lucifer, it was only a small part.

14. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

from movies--I'd have to go with Magneto from the X Men movies

books--hmm...I guess probably Hannibal Lecter

15. profile image0
    elliot.dunnposted 14 years ago

from movies definitely kevin spacey's character in "seven".  such an intelligent evil - there something oddly respectful, creepily artistic in his portrayl.

books - Kate in John Steinbeck's "East of Eden".  He truly shows her degeneration into her lies and manipulations.  it's quite a poignant portrayl of human depravity.

16. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Heath Ledger as the Joker in the Dark Knight has to be my number one favorite.

17. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Snidely Whiplash!!!!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would have said Snidley too! lol

1. profile image0
        Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arnold Ziffle

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arnold Ziffel? I haven't heard that in years! Greeeen acres is the place to be!

18. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Marcia Brady!  yikes

Haha!  Marcia Marcia Marcia!

2. Animal World profile image61
      Animal Worldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LMAO,...How bout Davy Jones ????

19. Dominionmaster2 profile image60
    Dominionmaster2posted 14 years ago

I would say Hannibal Lecter is one of my favorites.Also That crazy ass dude from Devils Rejects, the dude with the beard and the big ass knife. Mister Rodgers was pretty scary!

Book wise, Bugs Meaney from the old Encyclopedia Brown books

OMG, Bugs Meaney.  Haven't seen or heard that name in an embarrassingly long time!  Good one!

20. heartattack4444 profile image60
    heartattack4444posted 14 years ago

The Joker!  And Harley Quinn big_smile

21. wyanjen profile image70
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

This goes too far back maybe, but Madame Medusa from The Rescuers scared me crazy when I was a kid.

22. Chloe Comfort profile image59
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Principal Richard Vernon from the movie "The Breakfast Club" - not really evil but a villan none the less - a real schmuck!

23. love my yorkies profile image60
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

Darth Vader as movie villian.  But then again, I'm into heavy breathing and guys in black uniforms.  lol

24. Megavitamin profile image68
    Megavitaminposted 14 years ago

Christian Slater in Very Bad Things, but I'm not sure if that counts.  I'd have to say Ursula from The Little Mermaid is pretty bad-a.

25. Wonder_Woman profile image58
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

the joker hands down! harley quinn of course is adorable

26. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Richard Gere  - First Knight

27. jayjay40 profile image66
    jayjay40posted 14 years ago

Heath Ledger as the joker in dark knight. So evil yet  believable. Enough to give anyone nightmares

28. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I didn't make the list? Dang, I gotta try harder! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)