Does anyone know what the testimony of Jesus is?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (33 posts)
  1. sooner than later profile image60
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

Revelation   19 : 10   And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Qestion                       Answer
    Who is "I" in the text?       John, he is writing what he saw.

Who is talking to him?        An angel of God. "fellowservant"

What is "testimony of Jesus?  The spirit of prophecy. 

Revelation   12 : 17   And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Translated- And the "devil" was exceedingly angry with the church, and went to make war with the members of "the" church, which keep the commandments of God, and have the spirit of prophecy.

1. profile image53
      Robert E. Bargerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The testamony of Jesus is what Jesus has done for you. If you have not accepted Him as your Saviour, you do not have anything inside you to testify about because "He is not in you".

2. sooner than later profile image60

It appears that there is a true church. This script makes it easy to find.

3. sooner than later profile image60

2 Peter   1 : 20   Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

4. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Guess you already answered your own Q.

What other spirits did Messiah have upon Him?

sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I have to answer the question because the answer is not easy for most to find. If they searched "what is the testimony of Jesus" in a search engine, who knows what one would find.

actually I think I will do that and see what comes up.

anyway, the question is; What other spirits did Messiah have upon Him?

I would say the Holy Spirit.

1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
        quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God from whom many of His Spirits flow.
        Messiah had all of them resting upon Him.

2. profile image53
        Robert E. Bargerposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  5. sooner than later profile image60

what are they all

Out of the stem of David's family will grow a shoot-yes, a new Branch bearing fruit from the old root.
      And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on him-the Spirit of wisdom, revelation and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord.
      He will delight in obeying the Lord. He will never judge by appearance, false evidence, or hearsay.
      He will defend the poor and the exploited.

At least that many...I think I count 7

sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on him-the Spirit of wisdom, revelation and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord."

yes, I count seven. thankyou.

How many around the throne?

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

The testimony of Jesus is, 'Love Heavenly Father and Love each other.'

7. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Do you know how many spirits are around the throne of GOD ?

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is the throne of God ? Explain.

Well I will say that because GOD does not move, it must be where HE sits in stillness.

how can he sits ? with what ? He doesn't have a body, less a butt ,I presume big_smile

Light, pure LIGHT an all consuming Light of Fire.
            Sits is a term obviously.

Why Light should need a throne ? throne is for kings. so again, what is the throne of God ? what does it mean? and why it has to have spirits around it ?

Terms we use to describe GOD are what we do to understand.
                We use things we can see in this realm, we only have words.
                He is THE KING, Kings have a throne. His throne is where HE rules from by speaking just like a king on earth, the king does not have to move to make things happen, he just talks and it is done.
                The Spirits are them that wait upon Him and execute His commands.
                They are the ones listed, they wait upon Him as servants.
                Best way I can describe the invisible One.

8. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

q quietness
    R U googling the throne ? yikes big_smile

Nope, just telling you what I know as best as I can man. big_smile

In my house I sit, I speak, things get done.

2. tantrum profile image60

Yeah! I know the  picture . seen it in a lot of museums..that's not what i'm asking

Ohr Ein Sof

EIN SOF AUR

so the throne is a symbol

KETHER

It is spelled a few different ways, I fixed mine.
            But this is a good way to say it to someone who knows the term.

For me it's only symbols, beautiful symbols, but symbols and nothing else.
              Studied it for ages.

Ages? What are you like 1,000 hahahahahaha lol

actually about 14.500. can't remember exactly

9. sooner than later profile image60

The spirit of prophecy then is the testimony of Jesus.

But what is that?

Many think that the testimony of Jesus is the words that He spoke while on earth. but the definition of testimony is; a solemn attestation as to the truth of a matter. As always, this leads to another question-

What is the "matter" that Jesus would attest to?
    to keep on page- as I do not want a bunch of interpretation,
    this matter is exposed in prophecy as to the matter that Jesus would attest to.

In other words it will be the story of Jesus(son of man) Christ(son of God) and his role in heaven and on earth. The battle between good and evil(as it started in heaven and moved to earth) this testimony has been recorded by a prophet.

And the name of the prophet is?

10. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

and the name of the prophet is ???????????

11. sooner than later profile image60

The important question at this point is;

Would one accept literature outside of the bible as such is from God Himself? because that is what prophecy is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)