My 4 articles are Featured

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (45 posts)
  1. Pari bilal profile image34
    Pari bilalposted 13 months ago

My 4th article has been published and featured, and I am excited to share my feelings with my Hubber fellows.
    Please have a look at my articles, Thanks

1. Justine Guiao profile image91
      Justine Guiaoposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

Pari bilalposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Justine!
        Even after putting in a lot of effort into writing different articles, I have finally learned a little bit more about how to increase my chances of being accepted by HubPages. As I checked, my fifth article has also been published. This experience has provided valuable lessons and allowed me to make progress in understanding the requirements for successful publication on HubPages.

2. Khanmaria12 profile image41
      Khanmaria12posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Congratulations

Thanks Maria!

3. Miebakagh57 profile image71
      Miebakagh57posted 13 months agoin reply to this

Congratulations! I like the poems. But stop copying others.

The poem “Daffodils” I studied in my 10th-grade textbook. It was all time my favorite poem.
        I didn’t realize that posting the poem on this platform would offend a lot of people.
        Thanks for reading.

1. theraggededge profile image89
          theraggededgeposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Analysis of popular poetry is fine. As long as your own text is in-depth with intelligent observations and interpretations. It isn't offensive.

The only time you should avoid it is if the poem is copyrighted. Therefore always make sure it's okay to reproduce it. A good place to check is Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Wandere … as_a_Cloud If it's there, then you can write about it, with the poem in full.

If you can't find it freely available online, then don't republish it. Same with song lyrics. They are usually copyrighted.

Yes, that’s right! Thanks for adding to my knowledge about that. I will be careful in the future.
            I have already edited articles on the poems ‘Daffodils’ and ‘The Road Not Taken,’ translating the poems and writing extensive analyses on both.
            Please visit my articles.

2. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 13 months ago

Pari, you can’t publish poems written by other people here. The only way they would be accepted is if you analyze them within the article, and the analysis must be longer than the poem.

Thanks, Alice, for guiding me. I will edit my articles by analyzing these poems.

2. Pari bilal profile image34
  3. FatFreddysCat profile image84
    FatFreddysCatposted 13 months ago

Oh, snap. Busted.

“I am a newbie here, so I don’t know all the protocols yet.”
      You can go for my other articles.
      Pls visit , read & leave comments.

1. OldRoses profile image66
        OldRosesposted 13 months agoin reply to this

You really should spend some time reading the articles in the Learning Center (Help button in the upper right corner of your screen) BEFORE attempting to publish on HubPages.  Those articles will tell you everything you need to know to publish on this platform.

4. Pari bilal profile image34

Yes already on it. Thanks for reading.

5. theraggededge profile image89
    theraggededgeposted 13 months ago

Don't put your titles in quotes smile

Unless you are actually quoting something within the title; for example: My Sister Told Me Her "Little Secret"

Thank you so much for correcting this. I will not make this mistake again. Your guidance is generous.

6. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 13 months ago

I think you need a brief introduction to your poetry articles. You can say something along the lines of “I find the poem very interesting. I quote it below and then discuss it.” I’m sure you could write something better. The introduction shouldn’t be exactly the same in each article.

Another point is that there should be a photo at or near the start with a suitable license to attract attention. The “suitable licenses” are discussed in the “Help” section of this site.

“I didn’t do it because I thought it would give the idea of blogs, and on HubPages, we are supposed to write articles. So I structured the whole thing in a way that would give it an article structure.”
      “And the other point is genuine. I will keep it in mind next time I write articles.”

1. AliciaC profile image93
        AliciaCposted 13 months agoin reply to this

An analysis of a poem is an article. It’s up to you what you do, but I think you may lose readers when they see a poem that they are familiar with without an introduction explaining what you are going to do.

7. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 13 months ago

I think "Daffodils" is too old to be covered by copyright. I still wouldn't duplicate it in its entirety, though.

My father grew up in Grasmere, not far from Dove Cottage, Wordsworth's house, which is on the outskirts of the village.

Wordsworth was surprised by the spectacle of the daffodils but I don't believe that he was "wandering aimlessly" as you wrote. He was on one of the walks that he did regularly through the Eden Valley, as far as I'm aware, between Pooley Bridge and Grasmere.

A big problem you've got with the subject matter is that the poem is one of the most famous in the English language and therefore has already been covered extensively by others.

I think you need to do more than merely reproduce the poem and provide a short, flowery description of it (sorry for the pun!).

I wrote “aimlessly” because he was walking with his sister when they encountered a field of daffodils and were captivated by their beauty. It is not explicitly mentioned whether the walk was aimless or had a specific purpose.
      And yes, you are right. I should cover a different topic instead of poems.
      Thanks for showing your concern and giving good advice.

8. Pari bilal profile image34

You are right. I am thinking to delete Daffodils article because it’s not up to mark.

That's your decision, but know that you learn more from the 'bad' articles than you learn from the 'good' ones smile

Yes right. I also thought that it wasn’t exactly what it should be.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
          PaulGoodman67posted 13 months agoin reply to this

I see no reason to delete it. However, I think this forum thread gives you food for thought for your next venture.

Yes, I am grateful for all of you and your time in correcting my articles. After realizing the mistakes in that particular article, I have decided that I do not like it. I will strive to create something more genuine and valuable for the readers. Please check my future articles as well. Thank you!

9. Pari bilal profile image34

Ok, I have some suggestions...

Always, without fail, add a credit to your image. It would look like,

"Image courtesy of **name** via Pixabay"

Or "Public Domain Image".

Or "Image from **site** under a Creative Commons license"

Or "Photo author's own".

Then put the url of the image in the appropriate box. Unless it is your own photo.

The article needs an extra section. At the moment it ends with the 'nightmare' sentence leaving the reader wondering. How is your daughter now? How do you manage her condition? Is she back to her happy self?

The Learning Center has all the information you need.

Edited the story. Thanks a lot for your precious time.

I will write another article about how I managed her sugar and other details because it needs a whole article to be descriptive.

1. Khanmaria12 profile image41

My suggestion is to edit again and tell the detail in this article, because people won't search for part 2. And secondly, lengthy articles produce good CPM, its my opinion. Unfortunately I don't write lengthy articles, but you have a story to tell

This article was actually about what I went through.
              But thanks for your suggestions.
              I am on it to revise this article, and let me rethink where I can incorporate the missing information.

Yes dear, you can do it. It's well written but left questions what happened next. I hope you will manage well

Thanks a lot for your kind words and support.

Welcome dear. Best of luck

10. Pari bilal profile image34

Take the question mark from the title. It's not a question.

Be careful how you word certain things like describing medication.

I would prefer to read a more personal account especially as a parent. And you don't say how your daughter copes with the condition. There are loads of articles about Type 1 so make it more about your family. Add some emotion. People want to know how she is doing after her scary experience. Did she recover quickly?

I am using these medications for my daughter, which is why I mentioned them here. For safety concerns, I did not mention how many dosages should be given to any patient, as it is something that patients should discuss with their endocrinologist.
        I have been dealing with these two types of insulin for three years now, and I have done a lot of reading on them. Endocrinologists widely recommend them because they work similarly to the insulin produced by our pancreas when we eat. This is how we provide insulin to our diabetic kids when they eat, using these pens.
        We plan our meetings with her endocrinologist every 3 months.
        As far as the concern about how my girl is dealing with her condition,
        she definitely needs a lot of counseling for that.

I understand, but it's precisely because you are not a medical expert that you need to be careful. It's your perspective as a parent and your daughter's as a sufferer that can help other parents deal with a similar situation.

What I'm trying to say (and probably not very well) is that your article should be less about the treatment and more about the day-to-day challenges, both physical and emotional. It will be more readable and more informative.

Read some of the articles on the network site: https://patientslounge.com

That's where you want your article to be.

Understood! I am going to unpublish it and will publish it again with necessary changings.

11. Pari bilal profile image34

As it is a step by step process about learning diabetes, it’s medication, dealing with my daughter’s questions. and even I was in trauma for so many days that I my self needed a psychiatrist.
    I will try my best to cover everything step by step.
    Thanks a lot for reading & I look for your suggestions.

12. Pari bilal profile image34

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)