SNOW!

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Yes, you heard it here first.  We received about 1/4-1/2 inch of snow last night.  The weather man said last night we wouldn't get enough to cover the grass - he was WRONG!  October 10 - and snow...YUCK.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

where are U?  yesterday I went to the beach, feel like temp was in the low 100's... cool

go throw a snowball!

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

snow?

what is this "snow" you speak of...? wink

seriously if we wanna see snow here we have to drive 200 miles. stay warm smile

3. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woah it  was in the 90s here yesterday big_smile

1. yoshi97 profile image56
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You, my good sir, need to switch me residences. It was a cold and damp 54 here and we all no dragons prefer a subtropical climate.

4. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where do you live? Alaska?

Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Minnesota!

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Oh please go take a photo! I miss such weather! Sun sun sun - and I know many would love eternal sunshine but I love change and variety smile

Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I took pictures about 6:10 a.m., it was still dark out, so I flipped on the back light & took a picture of the deck furniture & grill covered in snow.  I'm not good at loading pictures in the forum!

The high in MN today will be a balmy 38*, 20 degrees below normal.  To mother nature I say "BITE ME"

3. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Oh No!  You have my condolences.   smile   I probably shouldn't say this, considering that I live in the Northeast, but I was just outside on this absolutely beautiful, warm, Fall, morning; listening to a massive blackbird tweeting situation and enjoying the red leaves across the street.  I put the window fan on to bring in the Summery air.  (Our snow is coming soon, though.  30's tonight.)

4. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

KEEP IT AWAY FROM US!

~thranax~

1. wavegirl22 profile image48
      wavegirl22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Im with you thranax!

5. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Well if you work it out Jane, I'd be mighty pleased smile

And how lovely ... snuggling up indoors whilst a white blanket is outdoors. Move me to Alaska anyday!

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Oh no, Snow!!!

It's a myth that it never snows on Cape Cod. Our weather reports go, The Cape will get a dusting, Oh it's increased to maybe 6 inches. Ooops storm moved out to sea, Cape got a foot of snow.

Just gotta deal with what comes I guess.

1. heckstallmaffei profile image57
      heckstallmaffeiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

same reaction lol

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, having been raised in Providence RI until 18, I would have to agree heartly so.

Jon

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/toborot/th_snopupsonwall.jpg
    here ya go froggy, last winter in Ohio

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhhhhh thankyou ralwus. That's a magic scene! I need to visit, it looks so beautiful! Thankyou big_smile

8. Sybil Marie profile image61
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

Nice pic Rawlus! Love how beautiful snow looks. If we could just figure out how it get it to snow every where but roads and driveways I'd be a happy camper! I think some of the scientists in our community should get to work on that ASAP!

9. Song-Bird profile image68
    Song-Birdposted 14 years ago

I would take snow just on Christmas!  But, being from Michigan we get a little more than that - I'm never ready for it.

10. profile image0

Are we ever ready for it Song-Bird. LOL This one was a doozy for sure.

11. hinckles koma profile image59
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

I LOVE SNOW FOR A WEEK. i CANT WAIT TO MOVE OUT OF NYC DURING THE COLD.. wE GET SICK ALL THE TIME IN THE COLD WEATHER. i LEAVE SOON.   eNJOY YOUR SATURDAY!! LOVE ALL.

12. profile image0

http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/galleries/albums/240/231455221/misc/gotcha.gif

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

No offense...but please keep that snow where you are...

14. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

We had mid 80s yesterday tongue

15. profile image0

Misha, that is a lil too hot for my  blood.

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I like it hawt Charlie, so I was enjoying it on the patio with my daughter. Guess even got some tan. smile

16. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

We woke up to our third snow of the season -- over an inch this time!

17. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

There's absolutely nothing wrong with snow...So long as you don't have to go anywhere wink  When I used to work in rental, I had to not only shovel but clear off over 30 cars every morning whenever it snowed yikes

18. profile image0

Well you enjoy it whilst ya can. Hey, yer needed in the Russian Father thread to interpret some Russian.

19. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL It's already 70 and raining today, good things don't last long. smile

Out to check the other thread...

20. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I would take a 1/4 inch of snow over the 97 high yesterday. It was sooo hot, I was on the intercostal, even with a nice breeze I was melting.

21. RedSonja94 profile image59
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

Ewww......I don't envy you.  I hate snow even though I live in Michigan.  We get way too much of it.  I'm expecting it soon though.

22. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Jeez ralwus just looking at that pic made me cold lol

And sorry Jane you have snow..it is just NOW cooling off here in cali too. Mother Nature is pissed off at someone I swear! Maybe Father Time did it again LMAO

23. profile image0
    TMinutposted 14 years ago

We LOVE snow here! When the plows come and clear the parking lots, they shovel it all into our yard. Didn't like that at first, just the weirdness of it but they made a huge snow mountain that the kids could slide down, dig tunnels through, have "wars" all over - it's great!

I remember the first time I moved to Utah, I couldn't let the baby go out in the yard because it was way too high over his head. We saw a neighbor's little dog hopping up and down, only his little tiny head appearing rhythmically above the snow. Pretty cute.

But right now we have NONE. Of course, I no longer live all the way up in the mountains. But even the snow on the mountains has melted.

24. dahoglund profile image70
    dahoglundposted 14 years ago

I live in Wisconsin. No snow yet, but it was predicted for today.

25. profile image0
    LEWJposted 14 years ago

Did somebody say...snow?

26. Ivorwen profile image65

"Snow?  I don't even like the sound of it!" 
    --Trans-Siberian Orchestra

27. Jane@CM profile image60

Winter Storm Warning in effect tonight for counties north of us...jeez, make it stop!!!

28. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

We drive hundreds of miles to see snow! We ski alittle then head to the lodge for some hot chocolate and to rub my wifes feet.

29. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

I love snow! Doesn't mean I want to live with lots of snow - but I do love it. smile It only snows here a few times a year and never lasts too long. That's perfect for me.

30. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I was born and grew up in Southern California-- we could go to the beach at almost any time of the year and could also travel a short distance to snow ski in the mountains each Winter.

But I never really experienced seasonal changes until we moved to the Sierra foothills.

We are a bit above the usual"snowline" so we get a little snow for usually a few days at a time, also some Fall color, Spring wildflowers and Summer sizzle.

It seems like the weather has been a little more erratic and extreme this year, but I like the changes.

31. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

SNOW!!  YAH!!!  I love, and I mean LOVE, snow!  It's in the air here...I can hardly wait.  So much fun:  snowshoeing, taboganning, skating, skiing, skiing and more skiing....  I love the changes in the seasons and seeing the differences is wonderful.  I use to live in sun, sun, sun all the time, and I learned how great changes in seasons are.  Going to get my gear.... smile

32. Jane@CM profile image60

They are now predicting a fair amount of snow for tonight and tomorrow.  Jokingly on the news, they stated it would be funny if the NY Yankees plane got delayed tomorrow morning.

It took my son exactly 10 minutes to get his snowboard down and wax out.  I had to point out to him that it is only October, we rarely get snow this early & the Ski resorts won't open until mid-November.  He was highly disappointed. Whatever will he do if my husband gets a job in Georgia or California (hee hee).

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There's great skiing in California. Georgia I don't know about.

33. Ivorwen profile image65

I had to make my boys put away their skies the other day.  They were so excited, but we don't have that much snow yet.

34. Jane@CM profile image60

Another round of white fluffy stuff, just in time for those going into work or school!  1 to 3 inches here, 4 -6 inches just south of here.  Our Maple tree hasn't even turned to it's beautiful fall colors yet!

35. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 14 years ago

we got snow yesterday too.  THough I dread cold of winter, I love the first snow even if it doesnt stick around long.  I have to admit too, that after october and november and the dreary, leafless trees, early dark, and cloudy skies, snow is usually welcome for all the beauty it brings and the light it reflects.

36. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Well who ever has that white c**p, you can keep it I do not want any until December 24...then only 2 inches...just enough to cover everything. Then on the 26th you can have it back.

37. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

You can send it to South Africa - I love snow!

38. love my yorkies profile image61
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

A week ago sunday night we got 5 inches of snow here.  First of the year.  yesterday woke up to another inch of snow.  I think it's going to be a long, cold and snowy winter here.

39. Jane@CM profile image60

More snow to come tomorrow!  Then a big warm up - yes!!!! 60 degrees again.  I haven't done any of my fall yard work yet.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)